Collecting Pieces Of My Heart | Teen Ink

Collecting Pieces Of My Heart

By Mz.Smith SILVER, cincinnati, Ohio
Mz.Smith SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio

"In order to be irreplaceable you must be different!"

Author's note: This story is romantic, suspencful, and to die for. If you read this you will fall in love and will want more.

Chapter 1

Watching the black body bag of my sister’s dead corps being carried away brought sharp iced cold tear to my eye. It seemed like just yesterday my sister was holding me in her arms letting nothing hurt me what so ever. To think now my sister Willa is dead there is no one out there for me, to help me, take care of me, no one out there to love me. I thought I’d better off dead with her. I never had a father and my mother is strung out on heroin, Willa was my only parent. I figure I could commit suicide to take away the pain tried too several times but I never died maybe I guess there’s a reason I’m here. Willa wouldn’t want me to kill myself so I guess I could at least keep breathing for her.

Two years later I’ve been staying in this tree house that Willa and I built ten years ago. I couldn’t pay bills so it’s been my home. We would always be in this tree house playing house. She would be the mother and I’d be her daughter them were the days I used to smile but I haven’t since she past. Next thing I see is a big moving truck coming down the street making so much noise then it pulls right next door to my house. A teenage boy around my age got out of the truck and sat on the porch steps and started texting on his phone. This boy had long brown braids, was about 5’6. The boy stood up and started walking down the drive way onto the sidewalk to a woman around the age of 30 I’m pretty sure it’s his mother.

“ Honey why don’t you walk down the street to get a good look at your new surroundings” The woman said very politely.

“Sure there’s nothing better I could be doing” He said sarcastically

He started up the street toward my house and he stopped in amusement looking at my tree house. Then he walked toward it and started going up I yelled out,

“ Stop, don’t come up here.”

“Who said that?” The boy wondered

“ The owner of this tree house.” I answered

The boy walked to sidewalk to get a better look through the half boarded up windows. Then he asked,

“ Are you living in this tree house?”

“ Why does it matter to you?” I asked rudely

“ I just was asking, I’m Aden what is your name?” He said

“ I can’t tell you.” I said

“ Why not im a nice guy.” He said

“ Go away NOW!” I yelled

I looked out the corner of the window peeping out at him. He started walking away and he walked up his driveway into his house. It started getting late so I lay down and covered up with the blankets off my sister’s bed. Then I fell fast asleep

The next day it was 6:30 in the morning and I managed to wake up at that time every morning because I’m used to Willa waking me up for school. I got dressed and I climbed down my tree house and was off to school a little earlier so I could get some coffee and a bagel from Shelley’s Pastries, when I got down the latter on to the sidewalk the boy next door came walking down the steps of his porch the down the driveway. I tried to walk faster but he ran and caught up to me.

“ So you’re the owner of the tree house?” He said with a smirk

“ Yes!” I answered. Then paused.

“ Why are you talking to me, I don’t even know you.” I continued

“ Well I told you my name was Aden but you never told me your name.” He replied

“Well Aden why do you want to know my name I don’t care for yours.” I said

“ Well I just moved here and I want you and I to hang out you seem cool” He said

“ I don’t hang out with anyone, I don’t like anyone so stop bothering me.” I growled as I speedily walked away.

I made it to Shelley’s Pastries. I sat at the front counter asking for a bagel and some coffee and to my surprise Aden walked in and sat next to me.

“ Why are you so grumpy?” Aden wondered

“ None of your DAMN business, why the hell are you following me!” I yelled. Silence filled the room everyone looked at me.

“ Well I’m not trying to make you mad I just wanted us to be friends” He said back

“ Well maybe I don’t want any friends, maybe I don’t want to socialize with anyone the only person I ever socialized, talked to, or even hung out with was Willa and she’s gone now so just leave me be!” I yelled really fast almost not knowing what I was saying

“ Willa, who is that?” He asked

“ How did you know about her?” I asked

“ You just said Willa, is that your mother?” Aden asked

“ No, she was m-my sister.” I replied

“ She’s gone does that mean she left?” He asked

“ Something like that, I-I don’t want to talk about this right now.” I said

“ Sure but I’m sorry if I upset you I just wanted to be your friend.” Aden said

“ It’s okay Aden and my name is Rachael.” I said with pity.

“ Rachael what a pretty name.” He said with an amused look.

“ Thanks, I appreciate it.” I replied

“ Come on Rachael let’s go so we won’t be late.” He insisted

I grabbed my coffee and bagel.

“ Do you want me to pay?’ He asked

“ No I get it free.” I answered

“ Free, how so.” He asked

“ Well Willa used to work here a-a never mind.” I responded

So we walked out the café and started toward the school. When we made it to the school we split up. By that time I felt weird because I haven’t spoken to anyone for a long time but then a boy moves in next door to me and we started speaking. After school I started walking home then Aden came running behind me to catch up.

“ Hey Rachael you weren’t going to wait for me?’ He asked

“ I wasn’t thinking about you, I just wanted to get home.” I answered

“ Do you want to come over my house, I’m sure my mom won’t mind?” He asked

“ Sure!” I answered

We walked past my tree house up his driveway then up his porch steps into his house. When we walked in I saw a man and a woman slow dancing like they were in love.

“ Mom, Dad are we interrupting?” Aden asked

“ Oh no honey we were just dancing.” The woman replied.

“ Well this is Rachael my friend.” He said

“ Hi Rachael, I’m jade his mother and this is William his father.” The woman said.

Aden and I went walking up the stairs to his room. I stood by the door and he sat at his computer desk.

“ Why don’t you sit on my bed?” He offered

“ Okay!’ I answered.

“ So you living alone is it cool?”

“ No because I barely get to eat I get lonely and there’s no one there for me so it can be depressing that’s partially why I act the way I do.” I replied

“ Earlier when I asked if when you said Willa was gone did you mean she left if she did where did she go?” Aden wondered

“ Do we really have to go back to this?” I asked

“ Why are you fighting against talking to me holding all your emotions inside isn’t helping your life it’s making you hurt.” Aden shrieked

I felt warm tears roll down his face as I looked down at my folded arms knowing that what he had said was true.

“ Willa died two years ago when she was my age 15 she was murdered and the murderer was never found.” I murmured

“ I never had a dad and my mother was strung out on drugs.” I continued.

“ Wow your life sounds harsh is that why you shut everyone out?” Aden asked.

“ Well when my sister died I didn’t think there was anyone else who would love me, care for me, or listen to me. Knowing she was murdered and the murderer was never found made me shut down. After a year of looking the FBI gave up and went along with their lives and that’s what kills me deep inside everyday.” I answered.

Aden grabbed a clean tissue to wipe my face. He stared into my eyes and at that moment I knew I knew he had earned my trust. Aden still staring into my eyes gave me a jolt in my heart. I think I started to fill a little something for him but maybe I was feeling a sense of gratitude because the last time I had a deep conversation with a person who understood me it was when Willa and I were talking about mom and her heroin addiction. I stood up,

“ I should go home, I appreciate the talk we had.” I said

So when I left the room we walked downstairs I said goodbye to Mrs. Jade and Mr. William and I went to my house. When I got home I laid down covered up then went to sleep. All I dreamt about was Aden I couldn’t get him off my mind. Then I started to have a dream about Willa. I heard her scream that woke me up. The time was about 6:00 so I wondered if I could find missing pieces to her murder like in my dream. I climbed down the latter then up the vine on the side of my old abandoned house. Then room at the top of the vine was mom’s and I could still smell remains of heroin in the old bed, old condoms from when she would sleep with men to get the money for the heroin, I also see old rusty needles on the dresser. It was a horrible sight. I left that room and right next to it was Willa’s room it was exactly the way she left it except her bed was sheet less. I looked through her drawers, went through her closet but found nothing. I sat on her bed and I heard something crumble. I got up and lifted the mattress and there was a ball of papers. I grabbed those papers, uncrumbled them and they read,

“ Dear Leiam,

I know we’ve been together for three years but I feel I have been pulling away from you. You try to force me to do things I don’t want to do. I can’t ruin my life because I have my sister to think about. How would she even begin to take care of herself without me? I don’t want to do drugs or have sex with you because I’m just not ready. If you really loved me you wouldn’t try to force me to do things I’m not ready for. But I’m sorry I can’t tell you this to your face because it is hard for me to express my feelings. We have to break up. I never want to speak or be with you again. This is goodbye.”

With All My Love,

<3

Willa.

After reading this letter it made me think. I had a lot of questions why didn’t Willa say something. Why would Willa want to leave Leiam? I stood up then headed toward the door. I walked toward the door turned around fixing to shut the door but then I saw a small box under her bed. I walked toward the bed bent down and grabbed it and sat back on the bed. I opened the box and there was Willa’s cell phone and charger. I wondered why it was sitting there because none of this made sense. I sensed that it was about 6:30 time for me to get ready for school so I grabbed the letter and the little box then went back through my mom’s room to climb back down the vine. I back down to the ground outside the house ran back onto the sidewalk then climbed into my house. I put the things I found down on my pallet walked to the last jug of clean water I had left to wash up with then I got dressed. Before I knew it was time to go so I grabbed the things I found and climbed down the latter waiting for Aden then her he comes dressed in grey skinny jeans and a black vest sweater he was so cute. But what I found was very important so I had to get serious. When Aden walked up to me he said,

“ Good morning sunshine hope you had a good night sleep.”

“ No I didn’t I dreamt about Willa, which made me wake up I had to follow my dream which told me to go into the house. I found a break up letter and a cell phone with a charger in a box.”

I put the things into my backpack until after school. Neither of us was hungry so we didn’t stop at Shelley’s Pastries. We went straight to school the whole walk was silent. At school both of us could only think about what we would find in the cell phone.

After school Aden and I walked as fast as we could to get to his house to see what was on that phone. We walked past my house then up his driveway then up his porch steps then into his house. When we walked in we yelled good afternoon to Aden’s parents as we speeded past them. We ran up stairs then plugged the phone charger into the jack in the wall then plugged the phone up. It took us at least five minutes for us to be able to turn the phone on because it’s been dead for two years. When we finally turned it on, the screen had a picture of Willa and I on our last Christmas together. I went through the messages but nothing was out of the normal. Then Aden grabbed the small box the phone and charger was in to put the phone back in and a smile memory card fell out. He grabbed it then gave it to me. I stuck it I the phone and a video link came up I clicked play and it was a video from Leiam saying,

“ No one has ever broken up with me. You think I’m going to just let you leave, if you want out its only one or two options. You kill me or I kill you.

Chapter 2

Never have I felt so stupid. I knew Willa was with Leiam last. How could I have not seen this? After we saw the video Aden and I went downstairs.

“ Mom, can I go to the library with Rachael?” Aden asked.

“ Sure!” His mother answered.

We left out then walked to the library. When we got there we speeded past everyone to get to an open computer. When we found one I sat down and Aden pulled up a chair. I logged on then went to google search. I looked up Leiam Davidson. Then the exact picture of Leiam showed up under a facebook link. I clicked on that link and it brought me to the facebook login. Then there I thought I may have found where my sister’s killer may be but I can’t because I don’t have a facebook.

“ Damn it!” I said with a tear in my eye.

“ Calm down.” Aden told me comfortly

“ I have a facebook so I can just log in to mine.” He continued.

I got up and let him take my seat in front of the keyboard then I sat in his seat. I stared at him like I never stared at anyone before then he looked at me,

“ What?” He asked in uncertainty.

“ Oh nothing.” I answered.

Right there I think I discovered a little crush on him. But on the screen of his facebook he had already clicked on the friend search link that lead us to a page full of pictures then we typed in Leiam Davidson a few pictures showed up but none of them was Willa’s boyfriend. We scrolled down and there I saw him. Aden clicked on his picture and requested him as a friend.

“ Well that’s all we can do right now, we have to hope that he accept our request.” Aden informed.

We left the library and we started walking toward our houses but I said,

“ I need you to help me with something.”

“ Sure, anything!” He answered.

“ I need ten more jugs of clean water for my house and since you’re here I need you to help me carry them.” I said

“ Ha!” Aden smirked.

We went to my house grabbed the dirty jugs of water then took them to the park dumped them into the grass then filled them with water from the drinking fountain after we cleaned them out. We carried them back to my house them dropped them at the bottom of the latter. I climbed up and Aden started sending them up to me. Aden brought the last jug up him self to see what my house looked like. When he came up he looked in disbelief,

“ It’s pretty big for a tree house but to small for a person to enjoy living here.” He said.

We sat on my pallet in the corner after we put the jugs in the opposite corner. He looked at me and said,

“ No wonder your depressed your windows are boarded up not allowing light to shine through, then you don’t have any colors it’s plain.” He joked and smiled.

For at least five minutes we were both staring at each other he started to lean in toward me but I didn’t lean back. I think he was trying to kiss me but I wasn’t sure he stopped then leaned back and stood up.

“ I guess I should go home now.” He said to me

He climbed down the latter then ran up his driveway then up his porch steps looking back at my house. He really didn’t want to leave but it was getting awkward. I laid down then suddenly started smiling, which I hadn’t in years. To think Aden brought a smile to my face, he brought happiness back to my heart. Then I fell fast asleep.

I woke up at 6:30 on the dot with no doubt in my mind from my dream for the first time. I washed up then I put on a denim blue skirt with plaid black lines, with a black shirt and a small bow headband that matched my skirt and some black high tops. I chose to wear this outfit in particular because my sister had the same identical outfit. We got it from the mall on my 13th birthday and I never had a chance to wear it. I sprayed a squirt of Japanese rose perfume because it was my sister’s favorite. I climbed down my latter earlier to go to Aden’s house. I rung the doorbell and stood there. Next thing I knew Aden opens the door then lifts his eyebrows.

“ Wow!” He said in amazement then paused.

“ You look great!” He added.

“ Thanks, it’s the first time I dressed like this in a long time.” I said with a smile on my face.

“ Your smile.” He said in shock.

“ Yeah, what about it?” I asked.

“ It’s beautiful!” Aden complimented.

“ Thanks you’re so sweet!” I said back.

He shut the door and we were on our way down his porch steps then down the driveway then started off on our way to school.

Halfway there we were just talking about everything that ever made us happy. We both were just laughing and giggling like we never had a care in the world. We got to the front of the school Aden grabs me and kissed me on my lips. To think that I had had my first kiss by this boy that I really liked made me speechless.

“ Woo!” I said.

“ I’m sorry I couldn’t help it, it’s something about you that makes me not able to stop thinking about you.” He said.

That kiss had a little spark but not enough to go anywhere in a relationship so I didn’t say anything back to him I just walked into school. After school Aden found me through the crowd and got me. We started walking off of school ground. The walk was mostly silent because of what happened that morning.

“ Do you want to go to the library to see if Leiam accepted our friend request?” Aden asked.

“ Sure!” I answered.

We walked to the library and got on an open computer. We sat down. Aden typed in the facebook website that took us to the facebook main page and Aden logged on. To our surprise Aden had a one over the friend symbol meaning he had a friend. He clicked on it and it said,

“ Leiam Davidson has accepted you as a friend.”

“ Yes!” I yelled and every one started staring.

“ Sorry!” I added.

Aden clicked the IM kink because it said Leiam was online. Aden IM’d Leiam,

“ Thanks for accepting my request.”

Then there was an image that popped up showing that there was typing coming from your receiver. Then a message came back saying,

“ Ohh its no problem.”

Aden then asked,

“ What do you do for fun I just moved here and I want to go have fun?”

Then Leiam texted

“ Well I’m having a party in two days you should come bring a girlfriend so we can smush them when they are drunk.”

“ Totally!” Aden texed back

“ Here is my address 2607 May comber ST.” Leiam texted Aden.

Aden logged off and wrote the address down on a posted note then we left.

“ Here is his address we can go get him now.” Aden told me.

“ Yeah.” I replied uncertainly.

“ What’s wrong?” He said.

“ You don’t seem excited.” He added.

“ Well I’m not because he’s taking advantage of girls by getting them drunk then smushing them while they don’t know. That’s horrible!’ I preached.

“ I know it’s wrong but just think as soon as we find out definitely if he killed your sister he’s going to be in jail for a very long time.” Aden said.

“ I guess your right!” I replied.

So we walked we walked to his house and we went to his room, then he laid down and I stood up.

“ When we kissed earlier why didn’t you say anything?” He asked.

“ I don’t know I just didn’t know what to say.” I answered.

“ Well did you like it?” He said as he sat up.

“ Yeah I did, it was different.” I said.

“ I never kissed anyone before.” I added.

“ Me either.” Aden said.

Then all was silent. It was two days before my sister’s killer’s party. I don’t know how I would confront him should I go straight to the point or should I ease it out of him. Then I thought maybe he’d recognize me then try to kill me too but I know Aden wouldn’t let that happen.

“ Aden I’m getting tired maybe I should go home.” I said

I got up then said,

“ Bye!”

“ See ya!” He replied.

Today he didn’t walk me outside I wondered why. When he heard the door slam behind me he jumped to the window and stared at me until I got home. When I got home I got undressed then put on my pajamas then laid down on my pallet.

Through the night it started to get very breezy and cold and you could hear the chatter of my teeth miles away. Next thing I knew Aden came climbing up my latter then knocked on my door. I got up and opened the door.

“ Do you know it is in the in middle of the night what are you doing here?” I asked him

“ Well I heard your teeth chattering and they asked me to come warm you up so I was hoping I could stay the night?” He asked

“ Sure!’ I answered as I stared at him in disbelief.

“ Awe you mind letting me in it’s a little cold out here?” He asked.

I opened the door, let him in then threw a sheet and a comforter out of my treasure chest looking box on the side of my wall; Willa and I used it for our toys. Then he looked at me and said,

“ You expect me to lay by myself?” He asked

“ Oh, I don’t know where else you could lay.” I replied sarcastically, as I started to lie down.

“ Maybe I’ll join you on your pallet.” He said insistently.

He came over onto the pallet with me and grabbed me and held me threw the night. I felt the warmth from his body transfer into mine and I couldn’t tell him to stop cause I really didn’t want him to. I actually liked it. Aden made me fill like Willa did every time she picked me up from school. She would hug me like she hadn’t seen me in 50 years.

The next morning I woke up my head was indented into Aden’s neck. I was tucked close and tight to him I didn’t want to move. When I woke up the sun was already high in the sky but it hadn’t every time I woke up before. I jumped up fast.

“ Aden, get up!” I called out.

“ We’re going to be late!” I added

So Aden jumps up and says,

“ I slept good last night.”

“ I did too better than I have in years.” I replied

I thought this would be the perfect time to lean in for a kiss but then he might think I want to be in a relationship, which I’m not ready to be in right now. Aden left out the door and climbed down the latter then ran up his driveway then up his porch steps into his house. I got dressed then waited on Aden in front of his house. About two and a half minutes later Aden came walking out of his front door. He ran over to me and asked,

“ Want to get a bite to eat, even though we are late I’m still hungry lunch at school won’t be for about another three or four hours?”

“ Sure!” I answered.

“ Shelley’s Pastries?” I added

“ Of course!” He answered.

We started down the street then made it to the pastry shop. We walked in and took a seat at the counter and waited for a worker to wait us. Then a woman with red curly hair and blue eyes walked in front of us. She was chewing bubble gum really loud.

“ Hey, your Willa’s daughter, aren’t you?” She asked as if she knew she was correct.

“ Well actually I’m her little sister but she took care of me like I was her child.” I corrected

“ So anyway may I take your order?” The woman asked.

“ We will have to frosted sprinkled donuts and to medium hot cocoas.” I answered

“ Sure thing sweet peas!” She replied.

A few minutes later she brought our donuts and cocoas to us and we were off to school. On the way Aden asked,

“ Do you know that lady?”

“ No, I haven’t seen her there before.” I replied

“ Well how did she know Willa was related to you, how did she know Willa at all?” Aden questioned

“ Your asking a lot of questions, how about right now we just focus on finishing our food and getting to school.” I replied

We finished our breakfast and threw the trash in the school dumpster. We walked into school, he walked into the left side and I walked into the right. When I got to class my teacher asked,

“ Why are you late, you never are?”

“ I over slept that’s all.” I answered.

“ Take your seat Ms. Smith.” He demanded

And so I did.

After school I waited on the playground in front of the building for Aden, but he never came out. I went back into the school looked in the left halls in every classroom and didn’t see him. I walked into the office and there he was he was sitting on the office bench.

“ Aden what’s up, I’ve been waiting on you.” I said

“ I’m sorry I got in trouble so I have to wait until my mom comes to get me before I can leave.” Aden informed.

“ What did you do to get yourself into trouble?” I asked.

“ Well this boy named Carson said some ignorant things about Willa about how she was dead because he f***ed her so hard.” He replied

“ What, Carson I knew him he was an a** to my sister but he didn’t kill her I know that for a fact, Leiam did. I can’t believe someone could even talk about my sister like that I should kill him!” I said.

“ No, stop thinking like that your not going to hurt anyone I already said something to him about it that’s why I’m here.” He replied.

“ You stood up for my sister?” I asked.

“ Yeah, I know how much she means to you and someone saying something about her makes me very upset.” He said

“ Well I thank you with all my heart for doing this for me.” I said with a smile on my face.

Aden stood up and I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

“I love you Aden!” I said to him

“ I love you too!” He said back.

Then we continued to kiss, we couldn’t keep our lips to ourselves. We finally stopped and Ms. Jade walked into the office.

“ Come on Aden let’s go home.” She said

“ Can you give Rachael a ride too?” Aden begged.

“ Yes!” Ms. Jade answered.

As we left the school it was quiet, no one said anything. We made it to his house and Aden and I decided to walk down to the park. As we walked I felt Aden’s hand grab mine and before we knew it we were holding hands. When we got down to the park Aden picked me up and sat me on the picnic table and stood in the center of my knees with his arms still around my waist.

“ Rachael I have to tell you something.” He said

“ Yeah, what is it, you know you con tell me anything?” I said back.

“ I like you.” He said softly.

“ I like you too.” I said back.

“ I want us to be more than just friends, I want us to be a couple.” He insisted.

“ I was kind of confused the first time we kissed because I wasn’t sure I felt anything, but when we kissed a few minutes ago I then knew that I wanted to be more then just friends with you.” I replied.

Chapter 3

The next morning I woke up in Aden’s bed and all I could think was, did we do it I hoped we didn’t just because we’re a couple that doesn’t mean, “Oh you’re my boyfriend let’s have sex.” I thought sarcastically. Aden woke up next to me and I thought,

“ Was it Friday?”

“ Let’s get dressed or we’re going to be late for school again.” I shrieked.

“ Relax, its Saturday.” Aden said to me.

I felt relieved.

“ What you do need to worry about is what you’re going to say to Leiam to get him to admit he killed Willa at his party tonight.” Aden said

“ Yeah, I guess your right.” I replied.

“ Breakfast!” A loud female voice yelled up the steps.

We got up and we walked downstairs. We past the living room then went into the dinning room. To our surprise it was scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, and French toast, bacon, grits, fried potatoes, mixed veggie stir-fry on the table and Champaign glasses filled with apple juice.

“ Wow, Ms. Sitchell!” I said

“ You do know how to cook a feast don’t you?” I joked.

“ Yes ma’am!” She answered with a sort of southern accent.

“ Shall we eat?” She added.

We said the grace and everyone dug in. After breakfast Aden and I went back to his room to take a nap before we leave. I laid on the right he laid on the left we stared into each other’s eyes for a long minute. Then we fell fast asleep.

When we woke up it was several hours later it was 5:46 so we decided to start getting dressed.

“ What time was the party?’ I asked

“ 10:00.” He replied

“ Well why are we getting dressed so early?” I asked.

“ I have somewhere we should go before the party.” He answered

“ Oh okay!” I said.

I left him then went back home to get dressed. Going through my clothes I found these light blue short shorts with rips and I found a black half halter top with a silver belt with circles on it around the breast line and some clear flip flop heels. I teased my hair to the side then spirawled my hair in curls with glitter. I grabbed my silver wallet and was out the door to Aden’s house.

When I got back to Aden’s house three hours had already past so it was 8:37. Aden still wasn’t ready.

“ Aden!” I called out

“ Yeah!” He said as he came from inside the bathroom.

“ Godly!” He said the added

“ You don’t look like you’re about to take down a criminal you look like you’re about to go clubbing.” He joked.

“ Well I’m supposed to blend in right?” I asked.

“ Yeah, but I’m going to have a hard time keeping my hands to myself!” Aden said playfully.

We laughed then he went back into the bathroom. A little while later Aden came out with a black silk jacket with a grey shirt, black pants with grey sowings and some grey shoes he looked good.

“ Wow, you look great!” I said.

“ Thanks, but your still out doing me by a long shot!” He joked.

About time Aden was done it was 9:28.

“ Ready to go?” Aden asked

“ Yep!” I answered.

We went down the steps.

“ Mom, we’re ready!” Aden called out.

“ Wow, don’t you two look smashing!” She said.

We got in the car and Aden asked,

“ Mon, take us to Pedro’s Gadgets please?”

“ Sure honey, why?’ She asked

“ Oh nothing, I just need to grab a few things.” Aden replied.

So we pulled up to the shop and we ran in. we got some microphones to hear all that’s going on at the party. We paid for them then ran out and got back into the car.

“ Okay mom 2607 May comber St.” Aden said

Minutes later we pulled up in front of a house full of people. Suddenly my heart stomach drops to my toes I was really scared. We got out and Ms. Jade drove away. We started toward the door and walked right in. there on the couch was him, Leiam Davidson.

“ Aden is that you?” Leiam asked as he got up.

“ And d***, this yo girl?” He added.

“ You are Ms.?” He continued very flirtatious and sexually.

“ Not interested!” I answered

“ Fine!” He said as he walked away.

During the party girls were giving lap dances to guy to twirking and drinking, some were making out and that really gave me a really uncomfortable look so Aden and I went into a room no one was at and just sat down for a few minutes.

“ Are you okay?” Aden asked

“ Not really!” I answered

“ How about I go get you some water?” Aden insisted.

“ Hurry back!” I warned

Next thing I knew Leiam comes walking through the door. He shut it and locked it.

“ Hey beautiful, want a drink?” He asked.

“ No!” I replied.

“ Why, it’s good?” He asked as he walked close to me.

“ Stay the hell away from me creep!” I shouted.

“ Why RACHAEL!” said with a little base as if he was trying to scare me.

“ How did you know it was me?” I studdered

“ You look f***ing identical to your sister.” He said then added,

“ Your both really sexy.” He added as he pushed me back on the bed and leaned over me.

I felt a tear roll down my face I was to scared to think so I just screamed. That made Aden look back and he saw Carson standing in front of the door way with the door shut.

“ Move Carson!” Aden said

“ Who’s going to make me wuss?” He said.

“ Leiam keep your f***ing hands off her.” He yelled through the door as he heard me screaming.

“ Aden, Aden!” I shouted.

“ Move the hell out of the house.” Aden said once more

Aden punch him in the face and they started fighting.

“ Let’s see what’s under those pretty little shorts of yours.” Leiam whispered in my ear.

I was crying burning tears I tried to fight him off but he overpowered me. He stuck his hands in my underwear and started to rip them clear off of me but before he could Aden busted through the door and grabbed him by his throat.

“ You bastard you ever put your mother f***ing hands on her again I’ll kill you.”Aden said as he threw him to the ground.

Aden grabbed me and got my clothes and we left. We made it back to his house and he ran me a nice warm bubble bath. I was laying down in the bed and I decided to get up. I went into the bathroom and there he was.

“ Rachael are you okay?” He asked

“ Yes I just needed a nap.” I said

“ I’m sorry I got you in that mess.” He said

“ It’s not your fault.” I replied.

Aden helped me undress mostly then I did the rest and I took a bubble bath. A few hours later he rubbed lotion on me then we layed down.

“ Aden I think I’m ready.” I said randomly.

“ For what?” He asked as he looked up at me uncertainly.

“ I’m almost 16 and your already 16 you know when you love someone it’s only one true way to show it.” I said.

“ You want to have sex, now?” He asked.

“ Yes!” I answered unsurely.

“ Rachael you know I love you but let’s just wait, love can be proven in many ways with our clothes on. We’re to young let’s wait into we’re a little older and when the time comes it will be special weither it’s with me or some other lucky guy.” Aden said

“ Sure, your right.” I said just a little diappointed but I knew he was right.

Then we both fell fast asleep.

Chapter 4

In the morning Aden and I got some clothes on and left out the house. We went to the police station and request to talk to an officer availible.

“ Yes, how may I help you?” The officer said.

“ I have some information.” I said

“ Sure, what is your name?” The officer asked.

“ Rachael.” I replied.

“ Okay Rachael, I am officer Brockman.” He said back.

We went inside an office and hooked the microphones into a computer system and listened to what was on them.Officer Brockman brought in Carson and Leiam it seemed as if the officer was familier with them. Officer asked them,

“ Do you recognize this young woman?” He asked.

“ Awe, no!” Leiam answered.

“ No!” Carson replied

“ Well that’s not what’s on this tape.” Brockman said

“ What tape?” Carson said rudely.

“ Don’t trip he aint got no tape he just want us to be scared.” Leiam answered.

“ Oh sorry boys, but I do have a tape and I could send both of you to jail right now if I wanted too.” Brockman replied.

“ Okay what do you want?” Leiam asked rudely.

“ Follow me into the questioning room boy.” Brockman said in his face.

Leiam stood up and Carson did right behind him.

“ One at a time, Leiam.” Brockman called out.

Leiam stood up and left with officer Brockman. When they arrived in the room Leiam sat down in the chair in front of a table.

“ How old are you boy?” Brockman asked.

“ 18 sir.” He said really proud.

“ 18, well do you like boys or girls?” Officer asked.

“ Chicks man!” Leiam said as if he was being teased.

“ Well Rachael and her friend showed me a tape of you and Carson at your party last night.” Officer said.

“ Okay just tell me what you want and I’ll tell you anything.” Leiam said.

“ Okay, what did you do to Rachael last night?” Brockman asked.

“ I didn’t do nothing to her.” Leiam denied.

“ Are you sure!” Officer asked.

“ Yes damn it, I didn’t do nothing to her!” Leiam said

Officer Brockman played the recording from the microphones.

“ Man I didn’t do that Rachael!” Leiam said.

“ So you do know her?” Brockman said.

“ Yes I used to date her older sister.” Leiam said

Little did he know I was watching behind the one way glass. Then I busted through the door.

“ You killed her and you tell the truth now!” I yelled.

“ I didn’t kill your sister.” Leiam said.

“ Oh you didn’t, look I got this video on Willa’s phone and an-an you did it so just admit it.” I replied crying in tears.

“ Why would I kill her I loved her?” Leiam said.

“ Well in this video, you said that the only way for her to get out of the relationship was if she kill you or you kill her and look, she’s dead so you killed her so stop lying!” I said.

“ I sent that video in her phone because she tried to break up with me I thought we loved each other but I guess I was wrong I was upset I didn’t know what else to do.” Leiam said then added.

“ I didn’t kill Willa no matter what she could ever do to me I wouldn’t dream of it, you got to believe me Rachael!”

“ If you didn’t kill Racheal then who did?” I asked.

“ Well that night she was murderd, we were all just hanging out at my buddy justin’s house we were smoking and drinking and just having fun. Then all of a sudden I saw Carson all over Willa so I walked up to him and told him to back up. It seemed like he was trying to brib her into drinking or smoking.Then Carson was like “ Man you need to lrt ya girl here have some fun!” and I told him to leave her alone and he was like, “ Whateva!” and he gave me sort of a vicious look, then I heard the next morning she was dead.” Leiam said.

Officer Brockman left out and got Carson and took him to another questioning room.

“ Carson, Leiam already told us what you did so just make it easier for yourself and just tell the truth.” Brockman insisted.

“ Look I didn’t do nothing so you can just tell Leiam to shut up!” Carson answered.

“ You killed Willa didn’t you just admit it.” Said Brockman.

“ I didn’t kill no one!” Cason pleaded.

“ Well when yal were hanging out you tried to get her to smoke or drink and lei am stood up for her and you gave him this type of look which made him think you killed Willa.” Brockman replied.

“I’m not saying nothing else until I get a lawyer.” Carson said.

“Okay that’s it security, arrest him.” Brockman ordered

“Okay, okay, okay I’ll tell you what happened that night.”

Officer put his hand in front of the security giving Carson a chance to explain.

“ Well after we hung out Leiam had to leave and he warned me not to mess with Willa and I promised. Then he asked me to make sure I take care of her, and she get home safely, and I agreed. When it got late she and I left his house and I started walking her home. When we got to the empty road I started trying to hug her and kiss her but she kept pushing me off, but I was sort of a mixture of drunk and stoned or high so I struck her really hard in her face. She started crying and begging that I leave her alone but I just wouldn’t so I grabbed her and kissed her and started rubbing all over her like a person washing off their old muddy car. She pushed me off then smacked me across my face then started to run. I chased after her then I caught up with her grabbed her by the throat, yanked her into the woods an-and i….” Carson paused.

“ Raped her then I beat her to death with a branch full of stone. Then I picked the wood off with my nails so my DNA won’t be left on there. I went home changed my clothes and I never told anyone.” He reminisced.

“Please don’t send me to jail I’m young, I was drunk I didn’t know what I was doing!” Carson preached.

Brockman ordered that the security come in and arrest both gentlemen. Then officer Brockman called Aden and I in

“Justice is served, both Leiam and Carson are going to jail.” Brockman said then added.

“ Leiam has 15 years for attempted rape and Carson has 25 years for the murder of your sister.”

“ Carson killed my sister?” I asked.

“Yes he did, he explained everything to us and he’s going to be in jail for a very long time.” Brockman answered.

“Thank you so much!” I said with lots of joy.

I hugged him then hugged Aden, I jumped right into his arms and we started to kiss for a very long time.

Never had I ever expected to find my sisters murderer, or fall in love. Aden made these things possible for me. Aden has taught me that whenever there is something out there worth finding don’t give up because the answer is there if you bother to look. Life is too short for me to stop it to collect my past it’s time I finish letting Aden put the missing pieces of my heart together and it will create a key that only has one copy and that one key unlocks the both of our hearts to each other and no one else. When you find love above all the hatred in someone’s heart the love between one another will be so strong.

Loved eternally

Sometimes struggles in life

Try to knock you down.

Then you let all joy drop to the ground.

One day loves gonna come in and make it right.

They’ll love you and hold you all through the night.

Don’t give up and don’t you fret.

They’ll make things right again I’ll bet

When you find the right one and don’t let them go

Worries are gone so your love can flow.

That person sees you through all the wrong

When they’re around your worries are gone.

You try not to smile, but you just can’t help it

Then your world change, after one peck on the lips

When they’re gone you want them near

I love you is all you want to hear

Just give them the secret key

And loved eternally you will be!

on Dec. 12 2011 at 8:19 am
Mz.Smith SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio

thanxs your the best

missbee said...
I would buy this book I love that you are putting your creative mine to work. I'm soil proud of you can't wait for the next one.