A Beautiful Monster Part 1

Author's note: I wrote this piece when I was sitting in creative writing and it has just stuck with me since then.
Author's note: I wrote this piece when I was sitting in creative writing and it has just stuck with me since then.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

Prologue

“Clarisea. Clarisea!” The doctor’s voice rubs my nerves. I glance up at him. “Clarisea, do you know why you’re here?” He asks as his cold eyes try to reach me. I hold my ground. I will not bow to him. Do I know why I’m here? Yes, yes I do. Does he?
“Do you?” The words whisper out of my mouth like a weak wind in a meadow. My eyes lock on his, daring him to make his move. This is my chess board and here I am queen. “Do you know why you’re here Dr. Benjamin Flitzgurard?”
This is just the prologue and I know that prologue means beginning of the story but I thought it would draw the readers in if I started it else where in the story.
My voice grows stronger with each word. He stares at me, his mouth opening and closing. He looks like a dying fish grasping for life. His nostrils flare and I know I’ve won. I reached his soft spot. The place where he held all his emotions, but I don’t care. He has no meaning to me and he knows it, or at least I would think he would know it.
“This is not about me Clarisea; we are discussing why you are here. Why you ended up in this place. What caused you to come here Clarisea,” his voice has a sharp edge to it. He’s mad, I can sense it like a dog smelling out a good hunt. I know I’ve really won now. He has emotions and I can see them all now and he will never see mine again. It wasn’t always like this between us, but that’s the past and I can’t think of that now, as I sit here. Besides, this is now and I need to have complete control of the game, his game. The same game he had once tried to play on me all those years ago. This is his game, but I have control and I will play the game to the end. I felt him lean closer to me and the urge to bite his ugly nose off almost over took me but I held myself in check. I must be Clarisea, my dear Clarisea, my oh so perfect and now dead sister. I must be her for I can’t be myself. Who am I, I ask myself this everyday that goes by, everyday I get closer to my goal, in answer, I’m Starling.
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »