Running Roads

Author's note: I thought of this novel, and randomly decided to start writing. My inspiration comes from my...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I thought of this novel, and randomly decided to start writing. My inspiration comes from my mind..., and that's why I am writing it.

I hope you all get that you can't run away from situations. You have to deal with it, because most likely you'll end up in a worse situation.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Chapter One

I slide my bedroom window open and peer down at the ground. From where my bedroom is, I am up two stories high. I have two choices to get down there: jumping to the ground and possibly breaking a bone, or climbing down and risk my parents seeing me.

I decide to climb down and risk my parents seeing me.

You see, I am running away from home. Not because there is an abuse situation going on, or anything else, but because living with my parents are difficult. They understand nothing about me, and every time I do something, it is always wrong in their eyes. About a month ago, I decided that I would run away, until it is time to go to college.

My boyfriend, Xavier, offered me a place to stay at his apartment. He is 22 years old, and I have been dating him since I was 14. We both agreed that in two years, when I turn 18, we would get married and move to California.

I grab my pink suitcase and toss it down on the ground. It makes a heavy thud, and I look behind me to see if my mom or dad is coming to check out the noise. When I see they aren't, I pull myself over onto the window ledge and grip onto the ladder that is located next to my window. My foot hits the ladder, and it slides over, threatening to fall down. My eyes widen as the ladder leans, and just as it is about to fall, I reach out and grab it. Slowly, the ladder steadies and I climb onto it.

It takes me about two minutes to get down on the ground without making a lot of noise. I jump when I feel a warm hand on my neck. Turning around, I expect to see one of my parents, but instead I see Xavier. He has a tiny smirk on his face, but he wraps his arms around me when he sees my terrified face. "It's okay, babe. C'mon." He bends down and grab my suitcase and drags it towards his 2010 Taurus. I trail behind him and get into the passenger seat, waiting for him to come around to the drivers seat.

"Are you sure your parents don't know?"

I nod my head. "I'm sure." I mumble, sticking my thumb in my mouth. It is a nervous habit I have for when I am nervous or scared. This is not the first time I've tried running away...but it is the first time that I plan on never returning home.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Naomi__ said...
OMG! This is ah-may-zing! <3 You are a wonderful writer, pleaseeeee finish. :)