New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

I Will Not Break

Author's note: This Book was inspired by my sister Caylin, because she has always wanted me to write something...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This Book was inspired by my sister Caylin, because she has always wanted me to write something different yet paranormal,and to bring some history into it,so This is what I came up with.Thank you sis.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38 Next »

Cafeteria

“What?” I questioned, dumbfounded and unable to move from my spot to hand her another book. She realized I was trying to process this information but she sighed and watched me. “Graves chose you as his blood slave. I wasn't positive until he announced your presence this morning, and he has never done that for a slave before,” She explained. She moved away from the ladder and took my hand, urging me to pay attention to her every word.
“Master Graves has never chosen a blood slave,
Spell checked! Please comment:)
and Grace was obsessed with him so he picked her to fill that position until he chose a true blood slave, which in this case, is you.” My brain felt like it was going to explode from all this information but I couldn't even utter a word. All I could think was he had taken me, and I was going to be here forever... I would never go home.
“Ember, I need you to answer a question to know for sure if you're his blood slave,” Beth paused, and placed her hand on my upper arm. I stared at her, unsure what to say. Yes? No? I don't know! I don't want to be any ones blood slave! Her mouth opened, then closed, unsure of how to approach the subject. “What is it?” I asked, the words barely even formed into a whisper, but I managed to talk, my tongue dry and pressing against the roof of my mouth.
She groaned, turned away from me, to climb back up the ladder where our unfinished pile of dusty books sat. “What is the damn question!” I shrieked, my patients running thin, and my anger rising. Maybe there was a chance she was wrong and I was just another slave who could leave in ten years to start over. Someone who didn't have to stay with a murderer the rest of her life. Beth ignored my screech for a moment and finished dusting the shelf.
I stood there, waiting for her response, but she continued our work till the entire shelf was finished and jumped down from the ladder. Aggravated, I picked up the ladder and folded it down so we could carry it, but before I could pull it through the door, she stopped me with one hand on my shoulder. “When he bought you at the auction, did he pay an obnoxious amount of money?” She demanded, and I muttered unfortunately “yes.” Her face furrowed up in worry, and then her face twisted into an unbelievable amount of anger.
“Is the reason you freaked out last night when we talked about how to become a blood slave because he kill your family?” My blood went cold, and I forced my eyes away from her, away from the memories of my mother lying in my backyard, covered in muddy blood. My eyes burned, angry that I held back my tears and Beth yanked the ladder, pulling me with her through the door. “That f*ing bastard made you his blood slave alright.”

Beth didn't say a word the rest of the morning. We did our work the way she instructed and we did nothing else. No talk of her guy friends, no talk of my terrible fate alongside her, but despite my anger and pain I was relieved that Beth was going to be there with me through it all, because we were both screwed either way. We both were doomed with a fate of slavery until the day we die. That comforted me a bit despite everything else that sucked.
“Alright everyone, time for Lunch! You have ten minutes to finish your list of chores and report to the cafeteria for lunch,” Grace's repulsing voice boomed throughout the halls, frightening every girl in the hallway. Beth was leading me down more identical hallways the color of pale blue, Doors lined the walls with what I guessed were rooms to clean but instead of following along with the other slaves, Beth lead me down another set of stairs wells. (I am really starting to despise them.) She stayed quiet as expected, but it was like she was leading me down to the dungeons, or cells. The walls soon switched from pale blue to the stone bricks like the lounge room and the cells.
“Where are we going Beth?” I questioned, confused and intrigued because despite the fact of how I hate those cells, I wanted to know every inch of this place so I had a chance of getting out. She glanced at me sideways, before she returned her gaze back on the hall.
“We're taking the shortcut to the cafeteria. It is on the basement floor, but everyone else tries to compacted in the elevators. Grace is the only other one I have known to take this way because the others are scared of lingering near the cells,” Beth replied, and sure enough the stone hallways opened up into a wide circular room with a large, wooden two way door.
I hesitated, unsure of whether I really wanted to go in there, because every single one of those girls knew I was a blood slave even before I did. Where is the justice in that? Beth paused, her hand on the handle, while her eyes were focused on me. I think she understood my hesitation but never the less she opened the door into my fearful unknown.
The doors opened up to reveal a large cafeteria room the size of a public school lunch hall. Girls lined up in front of a buffet table full of food such as turkey sandwiches, ham, roast beef and bags of chips. They each grabbed their own then slid down to the other end where large sum of fruit plates were placed, and let me tell you those apples looked freshly picked… My mouth watered at the sight of them.
Beth led me through the line, urging me to grab whatever wanted, but I was so focused on my surroundings that she just chucked random foods on my plate.
The room was filled with circular tables placed all around the room like you would see at a school, and almost every single girl in the room was wearing a maid outfits similar to mine, but each and every one of them had shortened then to the mid thigh. I think I have died and woke up in skank hell.
After we had accumulated enough food to fill a cow, she dragged me passed all the slut filled tables to a table nearest the back, where two guys sat next to twins… They were the only guys in this entire room? Both of them had light chocolate brown hair, tan mocha skin, they were dressed torn, muddy jeans and t-shirts that looked like they had gotten pissed on by a dog… I don’t want to know if that is true.
One of them was sitting next to an open seat between Ollie and himself, he had a lip, and ear piercing, while the other was piercing free. The one with piercing looked a few years older then the other and his eyes were emerald green. The other guy had bright blue eyes that would pop out on almost anyone. He sat next to Ellie and an empty chair on the other side of Green eyes.
You figure since there was only two guys in the entire room, they would have a lot of attention but none of the girls were looking at them… They were looking at me, well more like glaring. Their eyes were like daggers, willing to shank me till I fell to the ground under their gaze. They knew who I was and they hated me, well yay at least I don’t have to try to piss them off to make them leave me alone.
“Well who do we have here, Beth?” Blue eyes grinned at me as we approached the table. Beth took the seat next to Ollie and green eyes, which left my only option next to blue eyes and green eyes. “Guys this is Ember, Ember this is Sam,” She motioned to green eyes who was watching her with obvious love and affection. She then motioned to blue eyes,” And this is Luke. They are the only male slaves in our house besides the Mistresses blood slave.”
Luke leaned back in his chair, carefully examining me from head to toe, not bothering to hide his obvious liking. “It is a pleasure to meet you Ember. Such a beautiful name,” He winked at me, and I rolled me eyes over to Sam.
He nodded his head, but didn't say a word. He was focused on the frank look of panic on Beth’s distraught face. He leaned closer to her and whispered something in her ear and she kissed him softly on the lips before turning to me.
“Sam and Luke here are both blood slaves also, but they are the Mistresses slave, and well she has replaced them with a fresher bag of blood,” Beth spat, jealousy written all over her pixie face. Same chuckled before pulling her chair closer to him so her body was pressed closer to him. They were cute together, like perfect.
“They can have more then one blood slave?” I asked, confused. Luke leaned forward in his chair and eyed me seriously, his good mood quickly gone. “Yes but it is highly frowned upon and your Master isn’t one to change his mind so don’t get any ideas.” Luke stared at me, his expression weary but I didn’t care. Anger burned up in me and I scowled. “I’d rather die then stay his blood slave,” I snapped.
“That could be arranged,” a voice offered from behind, a load full of jealousy rolling around every syllable. I turned around to find Grace's maggot eyes staring right at me, her hands resting on her hips, and drama was written all over her snobby features. A crowd of girls surrounded her, each one copying the look of her like plastic clones.
"Grace goes die in a ditch.” Beth spat. Grace slid her eyes over to Beth for a moment, her lip tilting up in a sneer. Her posse of clones paused for a moment, unsure of which of the two to follow, because Beth may not have been Grace but she was blood slave. Their eyes switched from each one of us, confused out of which of the triangle was the boss. The new girl, which was me may have power, but to them it seemed Beth and Grace held seniority.
Annoyed, I rose up out of my chair, a screech echoed throughout the room as it slid back across the marble floors, and I turned walked closer to Grace. “Look, I'm sorry that I was rude to you last night, and I apologies for every insult I may have directed your way, but I would appreciate it if you left me the hell alone,” I stated blankly, silently begging she would just walk away before I got pissed off.
She smiled, nothing sincere about the way her lips pulled up into a grin, and I was deprived of such luck with her walking away. “You took my place, so no thanks, it's your turn to pay,” she giggled, and lunatic was the only word that came to mind. “What the he-” I stopped mid-sentence, confused as to what she meant, but before I could finish, her and her entire mob of wanna bees lunged at me.

HarryPotterLover30This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Ohmydearsweetlord. Holy guacomole............... I"m about to die. This....... by FAR, is one of the best books I have EVER read, on TeenInk , or published in real life. I applade you. This is........ amazing. I am DEFINETLY going to look for the second one. and HELLS YEAH i'm going to spread the word of this story; because thsi story deserves some SERIOUS recognition. Amazing. I have NO crittisism.... well, maybe with a little editing on the spelling and  grammar errors, but those... (more »)

Dudet95 replied...
Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:18 am :
Thank you so much:) I am in the process of editing all the errors now and that is why I have been taking so long to update the second. lol sorryXD

BlackRaven said...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 1:07 pm:

Ru going to finish

BlackRaven said...
Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:13 am:

Please tell me your gonna finish it!!!Pleasssssssssseeee finish it!

BlackRaven said...
Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:06 am:
I AM READING THIS EVRY DAY DAY SOO GOOD

ShayleeMarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
OMGosh! So amazing!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!! You have to finish it!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!! Oh, watch out for misspellings and word mixups. You would often say "to" when you meant "two". and you would put "strait" (which means narrow) when it should have been "straight". You also many times put "through" when it should have been "threw". I find that it helps to read through what I have written before posting.

BlackRaven replied...
Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:57 am :
Most awesomest book ever!Danggirl YOU can write

livethelifeyouwanttolive said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 11:10 am:

I AM OFFICIALLY OBSESSED WITH THIS BOOK!!!

It's AHMAZING!!! Please keep writing. You're very talented. <33

LazyBlueKitten said...
My gosh this is good. You're really talented! :)