Don't Worry, I'm Still Here..

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Hi…I’m Carter…

After our plane had landed, I grabbed all my stuff from the luggage carrier and my father and I jumped out of our row and started walking off the plane. I still didn’t really have anything to say because I still didn’t feel comfortable with the fact that my dad is dating his ex-girlfriend again. But once we get off the plane and into the airport, I could already tell that Alaska was going to be a hundred times different than Michigan.
As I’m looking around the airport, just glancing at everything around me, somebody taps on my shoulder. I turn around to see if it was my father getting ready to yell at me for just booking it off the plane and not waiting for him. But as I turn around, there is this tallish blonde-haired woman, who was wearing a truck load of makeup.
“Carter!” She yelled, with the hugest smile I have ever seen. “How are you!? I’m so happy to finally meet you!” She gave me a really big hug after that. I was trying to break free, but her hug was too strong. Finally, when she let go of me, she announced that she was Candice.
“Oh, hi Candice…” I said kind of quietly and then turned around.
“Candice, honey. How are you?” My dad said to her.
“Hi honey. I’m doing absolutely perfect now that you’re here with me.” Gross. That’s all I have to say. “How was your flight?”
“Oh our flight wasn’t too bad. They were pretty long, but there weren’t bad. I got some good sleep while I was on the planes. And I was telling Carter all about you can Natalie. Speaking of which, Carter, can you come here a second, son?” I turned back around, and walked over to my dad. I was still upset and didn’t really want to meet them. But I also didn’t want to be rude.
“Carter, this is Candice. She is the woman I fell in love with. The one I told you all about on the plane.”
“Yeah, we met.” I said, trying not to make eye contact.
“Oh, wonderful!” He gave Candice a big smile. “And have you met Natalie?”
“No.”
“Oh, well Carter, this is Candice’s daughter, Natalie.”
“Hi.” She said giving me kind of a devilish smile.
“Hey.” I said and then turned around again.
After meeting everyone, my dad and Candice talked for a few more minutes, and then we packed our entire luggage in the back of her car and left. While we were in the car, I didn’t bother to say anything to anyone. I was still really upset about the whole situation. So I just stayed quiet…