Don't Worry, I'm Still Here..

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Things are getting worse…

After about a month and a half of Amethyst being dead, my parents started fighting. And they weren’t tiny fights, they were big fights. They had been screaming things like “I hate you!” and “I don’t know why I ever fell in love with you!” The fights had started to happen just a few days after Amy had died. My mother screamed at my dad that he doesn’t pay enough attention to us when she is super busy at work, and that’s why Amy had died. She told him that because he didn’t care about us, that’s where Amy and I got the idea of just running around town looking for trouble. I tried to tell my mother the whole story so that things wouldn’t get worse, but she didn’t listen to me. She still blamed things on my father for everything he did. She kept yelling at him for just sitting in his chair and watching football games or basketball games on the television.
Their last fight was about two days ago. But since that fight, they hadn’t been talking to each other. Every day I have been hoping that things would get better. I was hoping that one of them would walk up to the other and apologize for saying what they had said. If my family wouldn’t fight, I wouldn’t be such a depressed kid. But ever since her death, I haven’t been the same way. I haven’t been able to talk with my friends because I’ve been so depressed about my parents fighting all the time, and because my one and only favorite sister in the world had just died because some stupid guy decided to shoot her in the head for no reason. I feel grateful to have friends who want to help me get out of my depression, but it’s just not working. They keep calling me asking if I am alright, but I’m not. So now I’m just a quiet kid. I tried to be a happy kid again, but because they decided to fight, I haven’t been able to be the same. Of course, the day I try to be a happier kid again, out of all things, my parents do something stupid, and making things absolutely worse. My mom decided to come up to my dad and yell in his face, “Gabriel Johnson, I want to divorce!” I tried all I could to get my mom to calm down and take that back, but they pretty much just pushed me out of there way so they could fight some more. So my dad yelled back, “Well Carmon, weird how you said that. I was just about to say the same thing to you!” I was in complete shock after that. Usually when my parents fought, my dad was usually the first one to apologize for what he had done. Even if he hadn’t believed everything that my mother had said, he still took the blame so they could be a happier family again. But no, my dad said that he was done with my mother. So all that was left for me to do was cry my eyes and heart out for the rest of my life. Ever since my sister had died, I’ve been such a depressed kid. Now, I really don’t know what to do…