Don't Worry, I'm Still Here..

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

The tragedy that happened to Amethyst…

One day, Amy and I decided to go to the store to buy some movies and snacks so we could hang out. Amethyst said she would spend the day with me because none of my friends wanted to hang out.
Once we get to the store, Amethyst said she was going to pick out the snacks while I go to pick out the movies. But I am a hard decider when it comes to movies. I pick out all the comedy ones because I like Amethyst’s laugh. Her laugh is a little high pitched and when she laughs really hard, she can hardly breathe, which makes me laugh really hard.
As soon as we get done paying for our movies and snacks, we quickly run out to the car to see who will get there first. Amethyst always loses because she decides to wear high heel shoes everywhere she goes. I think she is crazy, but I guess it’s a girl thing. As I’m running, I couldn’t stop smiling. Hanging out with my sister always made me happy. So once I get there, I just stand there for a few seconds trying to catch my breath. Then I turn around to brag in Amethyst’s face that I beat her to the car again, until I see her in the arms of a tall fat guy who was running from three cop cars. He pulls out a gun and points it at her. He continuously screamed at the cops “I have a person! You shoot me, I shoot her!” I was scared out of my mind. All I could hear was Amy screaming “CARTER! PLEASE! HELP ME!!”
“Hey! Let her go!” I finally screamed after realizing that he had my sister.
“Shut up!?” He screamed back. At that point I was scared and didn’t know what to say. But then I realized that I had my lucky pocket knife in my back pocket. I take that thing with me everywhere just in case things like this happen or if we get stuck in the wilderness or something.
So I pull out my knife that is about two inches long and get closer and closer to him screaming “I’ll kill you if you don’t let her go!” He again told me to shut up or he was going to shoot me. I was tempted to just throw the knife and hope that I hit the man and not Amy, but then I look at her and I see her crying and mouthing the words, “please don’t Carter… Please…” So I put my knife down and hope that nothing happens to her.
The cops pile out of the car and point their guns at the man holding Amethyst. They kept telling him to let her go, or they would shoot. But he wouldn’t let her go. He kept screaming at the cops to put their guns down or he was going to shoot her. The cops looked at me crying, and they put their guns down. But the tall man was scared too, and accidentally pulled the trigger on his gun, shooting Amy right in the head. He let her drop to the floor and we watched her blood gush out of her head.
“AMY!!!!!” I screamed. I started cursing at him for killing my sister. He pointed the gun at me and told me that I was just asking for trouble. As he gets close to shooting me, the police men run up to the man and five police men pinned the man to the floor. They ripped the gun out of his hands and stuck him in the police car. A few other cops were looking at Amethyst to check if she was really dead or not. And yet, all I was doing and all I could do was just sit on the floor screaming and crying. A woman police officer came up to me and was trying to calm me down, saying that everything would be ok and that they were going to take Amy to the emergency room. But that didn’t change anything about how I was feeling.
“MY SISTER IS DEAD! HOW CAN YOU TELL ME EVERYTHING WILL BE OK!?” I screamed at her. They put me in a separate police car and they put Amy in an ambulance and rushed us both to the emergency room. As they were putting me in the car, I was trying to break free from their force to rush to Amethyst, but they wouldn’t let me go. They said they wanted me to calm down in a separate car. So as they stuck me in the back, I was trying to break out of it, but the back of cop cars have no door opener inside. I was pretty much trapped back there. I pushed my hands and face up to the window screaming “AMY!!! AAAMMYY!!!!”
As soon as we got to the hospital and the police officers let me out of the car, I rushed in to the emergency room as fast as I could. I was running around the hospital like a mad man looking for my sisters. Finally, I nurse came up to me and asked who I was look for.
“Amethyst Jones! My sister!” I was rushing the woman telling her that I needed to see her right away.
The nurse took me to the room Amy was in. But she was walking very slowly. But as soon as we got to her room, I ran in super fast. I saw my parents both crying really loudly. I sadly asked if she was ok, but my parents were crying too hard to even speak. So I looked at the doctor, who was looking just as upset. I repeated, “Is she ok?!” The doctor came up to me and said, “We’re very sorry… But that shot in her head went right through her brain… Your sister is dead.” After that, all I could think and remember were the awesome times that I had with my sister, and how those fun times, are now just memories…since they won’t happen ever again…