My Evil Angel

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »

And the Ball Begins to Roll...

Noah

I bit my lip to keep from chuckling out loud, and buried myself in my notebook to conceal my smile. Audrey was the only person I knew who had the balls to stand up to Miss Campbell. Despite her rather soft, squishy exterior she was a hard head. She used to be in the marines. At the beginning of the year she told us all kinds of stories about her days. She could break a hand with one simple push and tug, sometimes using this as a threat, and Aurey was the one who was willing to stand up to that. She really was something.
"Congratulations, Ms. Lawrence," Miss Campbell started, "you missed the warmup. Again," she finished, putting unneccessary emphasis on 'again.' "I should go over it again, just for you."
The entire class - except me - gave a collective groan. I was too busy looking at her, who didn't seem to notice.
"But then again, that wouldn't be fair to those who bothered to show up on time, now would it?"
"Absolutely not," Audrey agreed, with her hands folded across her desk, like a proper student, but anyone could tell she was clearly being sarcastic.
"Exactly," Miss Campbell replied, probably being the only one who didn't catch on. "So we're going to partner up for the rest of the period. But you have detention with me. Commense," and with that she made her way back to behind her desk.
The room filled with the sound of desks screeching on the floor as people trned them all kinds of which ways to face their partnrs. By the end the class looked like a crazy labirynth.
Audrey looked up at me. I gave her what I thought was a friendly smile. Instead, of giving me a smile back, she rolled her eyes slightly, and grabbed her bag to come over here in a bit of a huff, causing my smile to falter. I knew she didn't like me very much, but she could at least pretend to not mind to spare my feelings.
"Hey, she said sitting down next to me.
"Hey," I responded, giving a small wave.
"Turn your desk to me," she said as she got up and turned her desk a quarter. I picked up mine and made that smae screeching noise, causing the whole class to look at us with dagger eyes. Audrey shot back with a 'go screw yourself' look, and plopped back in her seat.
"Soo what exactly is this project about?"
"Huh? Oh right the project," I stammered. "Well, we have to tell the story of Romeo and Juliet, but in a more modern way."
"You mean like writing it in normal people English?" she asked.
"Well we could," I said, feeling myself getting more and more excited, "but I was thinking something else." I had thought about this all night. The idea was sheer gold, I was proud of myself.
"Like?"
"Character twitters."
She raised her eyebrows at me. "Character twitters?"
I nodded my head vigorously, hurting my neck a little. "Yeah! We create twitters for Romeo and Juliet and then tweet as if we were really them as we read the rest of the story here. So what do you think?" I finished in a rush.
She sat back in her seat and cocked her head in a way to show she was thinking. She also made exaggerated "huh," and "hmm" noises for about a minute straight.
Answer the question! I was about to scream at her until it hit me. She was taunting me on purpose. Just be patient, I told myself. She wants you to itch and get anxious. She's just like that-
"I like it," she said finally. I let out an exasperated sigh, that I didn't realize I was holding until just now.
"Thanks," I said. She stopped talking then. She was just examining her nails, almost as if I weren't there, and that's when I truly began to look at her. Her shiny, red-orange hair fell in perfect, little waves around her face and neck. Her skin was like a beige silk, or smooth ice cream. And her eyes. They were a green that matched the brightness of her hair, like little round emerald's that I felt like I could stare at forever. She was really pretty, even without makeup, but somehow that only made it better. More natural.
"What did you just call me?" she asked out of nowhere. I crinkled my eyebrows together in fluster and confusion.
"What are you talking about?" I asked back.
"I could've swore you just called me beautiful."
I felt my face get hot. did I say something and not realize it? Did I really just call her beautiful and not notice? I could only hope she was just hearing things. Not knowing what else to do, I tried to laugh it off.
"Um, I think you might be hearing stuff," I tried. "I mean, why would I call you beautiful?" She raised her eyebrows at me, and I realized my mistake. "Um, not that I wouldn't, I mean you're really pretty." She squinted at me. "What I mean is, I just think you might have hit your head on something."
"Uh huh," she said, but her eyes were watching me in a wary, suspicious way. Well, that was an epic fail. Time to change the subject.
"Well, anyway, I think we should start reading the book-"
"Noah help me!" I heard Nemo's voice. I turned to see him staring in my doorway, wide-eyed, and scared. He looked to his right and bolted the other way, and a few seconds later, Desmond appeared. My face twisted in some contorted way that I really wish I could see. I hopped up and ran so fast I couldn't see anything clearly until I was in the hallway, standing still. Noah was on the ground, and Desmond was standing over him, his broad shoulders stiff, and menacing. Not that that mattered to me.
I ran up and pushed him with everything I had, and it still ony moved him a couple feet. He turned to me, and looked me in the eye. It was clear he was trying to intimidate me, but I held my ground. The next was a blur, and I was suddenly up against the locker, with Nemo, who unfortunately, wasn't wearing his helmet. One.
I tried to push him again, but he caught my arms, and through me against the locker again, and before I had time to recover, he grabbed Nemo, and through him to the floor. Two.
He looked back at me, and smirked at me. And then it clicked. He was doing all this on purpose. He planned this. And made sure I saw all of it. He was testing me, to see if I would really do something. This must have showed on my face, because his smile got wider, leaned down, and slapped Nemo across the face. Three.
I don't think I had complete control over my body after that, because I blacked out for a second, and when I recovered I was on the floor, next to Nemo.
"If I'm not mistaken, I think that's three." he said to me in an agonizing, taunting voice. I could kill him. "What are you going to do?" he asked in that same taunting voice. I got up slowly, only now acknowledging the crowd I didn't realize had formed until now. I looked through it, mouth's agap at the scene. Miss Campbell was in the front of the crowd, obviously blocking people. Audrey was way in the back, and looked terrified. Huh, I didn't think she was afraid of much. Why didn't Miss Campbell stop this? "Just as I thought. All talk," Desmond left with that final statement.
I knew I couldn't beat him physically, but sometimes I lost control of myself. I had to mentally beat him. And little did he know, I already knew just what I was going to do.

This book has 10 comments. Post your own now!

IsabelleRamsay said...
OMF YOU HAVE TO KEEP WRITING, it's amaZing!!!!!

ZeeBYoung replied...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 3:42 am
Askdfak I'm sorry! I've just been so busy with other things that I haven't gotten around to it. But I will find time! I WILL. :)

changerswriter said...
OMG. Please write more!! I love it! How could you leave us hanging?! I love your style of writing, and where did you come up with the idea. Completely original.

ZeeBYoung replied...
Oh thanks so much! Im glad you like it! Don't worry, Ill be sure to get the next chunk of the story in as soon as possible. And I honestly dont know where this came from. I just know I wanted to do something with demons instead of the usual vampire, werewof, angel stories.

changerswriter replied...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 2:27 am
Completely lovely! (Hm, that just doesn't seem to be the right word, considering everything in the novel....) but all the same!

Taylor_Renee said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fave line is: "The toothfairy told me if i do it, I get a dollar" hahahahahahahaha.

MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!

Mary_S. said...

Hm, the grammar's a little iffy in some places, but this comes off as a really funny story. And you are completely right about Romeo and Juliet being mental. "I'm so busy angsting over Rosaline that I can't even look at other girls. Oh, wait! That chick's hott, she'll be my new obsession!" and from there on both Romeo and Juliet move into the "If things don't go my way I'll kill myself!" and then they do. That's not normal.

Still, I enjoyed reading Romeo and Juliet, but I seem t... (more »)

zeebyoung replied...
thanx. ill add more to this as the story progresses, and i manage to get it on here. this has been very informing, and i really appreciate it.

DinoNugget replied...
Totally has nothing to do with the book (yet), but Mary_S., you should read Romeo's Ex by Lisa Fiedler.  It tells the story from Rosaline's point of view, and the ending of it really summarizes how fickle Romeo appears to be.  I liked it.

Mary_S. replied...

Ok, thanks. I'll have to check that out.

And once again, ZeeBYoung, keep up the good work!