My Evil Angel

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Next »

Warning?

Audrey I had the strangest dream last night. I was walking through a forest. I didn't know why, or how I got there, but the trees were tall, casting long, spindly shadows with branches that looked dead, hanging there with brittle looking brown leaves.Almost all of the trees were completely covered in moss, giving off an earthy smell, along with the thick green grass that felt slimy between the toes of my bare feet. The sky was a medium grayish purplish color that made the whole scene look even darker than it already was. I walked foward even more while my black, knee length dress with gold shimmers flowed around me. I squinted to look through the trees, trying to catch what may or may not have been running in and out of the trees, half expecting something to jump out and start chasing me. I was walking for what seemed like an hour. I was about to sit down, until the forest started to move. And not in a dizzy, swaying side to side way. The trees themselves, started to bend and twist around each other in weird ways, making a horrible crunching sound that made me cringe. I could also hear the tiny breaks and snaps of twigs and branches, and bits and pieces of them fell at my feet. I felt like I should have ran at the sight. I mean, trees coming to life and twisting aroud each other was just plain weird, but I couldn't look away. It pulled me in. Then, with quick flashes of orange, red, and yellow, the forest was gone. The grass was gone too. All color seemed to disappear, completely white everywhere, making me feel empty inside. Completely covered by fog, I was hit with a warm sensation, causing a thin sheet of sweat on my face, and a figure appeared in the distance. It was hard to see through the fog, but I could tell it was a person, walking toward me. Well actually, they weren't really walking. It was more like stumbling, in a broken cryptic way, like a zombie. The person came closer, and I could now tell they were a woman. Her hair was pitch black and straight, coming down to her chest. But then I realized something. Half of it was missing. It was in patches, and some of it was shorter than the rest, sticking up around her face. She came closer, and I fought the urge to turn around and bolt, throw up, or both. Without the exception of a few strips of clothing around her shoulders and ankles, she was completely naked. Her body was scarred, and almost completely covered in burns, and the skin that wasn't burned was flaking. Her hair had been scorched off. Along with the burns, her body was also completely covered in stitched that were dripping fresh blood. Her eyes were deep blue. I took a step back. Actually it was more like a couple, but I took them slowly and cautiously. I don't know why, but I wanted to make sure she was okay with me leaving. When it seemed like she wasn't going to say anything, I pivoted on my bare heal to turn away, but her voice stopped me. "Stay," she croaked. And it was like my feet were frozen to the floor. Even more so when they started to slowly turn cold. Her voice sounded crackly, and choked up, as if her lungs were filled with smoke. But even through all that, I could detect a hint of sadness. My heart was pounding in my neck. I tried to swallow it back down into my chest but it wouldn't budge. I felt like I couldn't breath. "You have to get away," she said next. I crinkled my eyebrows. This wasn't making any sense. First she told me to stay, and now she's telling me to get away? "Not away from me," she explained. "You just, have to get away." Her face was conflicted as she tried to find the right words. "I don't understand what you're trying to tell me," I told her. "Just get away. Please," her scratchy voice was begging me, her deep blue eyes pleading me. I couldn't shake the feeling that she looked so familiar. "Stay away from what?" I asked her, getting more and more frustrated. She opened her mouth, then closed it, as if she were about to say something but decided against it. "What's your name?" I asked instead. "Lori," she replied easily. My next question I was afraid to ask, but I wasn't sure if it was because she may be offended, or because I was afraid of the answer. "Lori," I started carefully, "are you dead?" She hesitated before answering. "Yes." The rest of my body was now frozen. I was talking to a dead person. It both creeped me out and thrilled me at the same time. "Okay. Now stay away from what?" I asked her again. She took a deep breath, making this horrible phlegm sound, making me flinch. "Just know to stay away." "Stay away from what?" I shouted, incredibly pissed off now. "How am I supposed to stay away if I don't even-." My rant was silenced by two more figures appearing in the distance. Both, again, were human. One was a man, who, like Lori, was covered in burns and bleeding stitches. The other was a woman. Unlike the other two, she was unmarred, unscarred, completely perfect, but she still forced me to take a step back, breaking my frozen spell. Her eyes glowed crimson. From the chain that stretched from behind her to beyond, I guessed her hands were shackled behind her back. "Just know not to get involved." The lady with the red eyes said, her voice rich and thick and sweet, like honey, a direct contrast to Lori. I was about to scream at all of them, but they began to blur. My vision began to darken, and hollow voices were whispering at me. Then I was awake. I tried to figure out what it meant all morning. Was it a warning? Or do I just have a overactive, seriously f*ed up imagination? I wanted to say it was just my imagination, but it felt so real. Normally my dreams aren't that elaborate and detailed, and the fact that this one was shook me to my core. Especially considering what happened. You know what, I'm deciding it was just my imagination. Besides, if it was a warning, what would it be warning me from? My 6th sense. That's been happening since forever. So yeah. Just my imagination. So why did I still feel so uneasy? Okay, enough fretting. Let's push this out of my mind until later. It's not important right now, I decided as I made my way into 3rd period english. Everyone else was seated. "Miss Lawrence you're late," Ms. Campbell said, looking up from her clipboard. Today she was wearing an orange pantsuit, and looked like a pumpkin. Not much of an improvement from yesterday. I replied with a snarky smile and head tilt, and took my seat.

This book has 10 comments. Post your own now!

IsabelleRamsay said...
OMF YOU HAVE TO KEEP WRITING, it's amaZing!!!!!

ZeeBYoung replied...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 3:42 am
Askdfak I'm sorry! I've just been so busy with other things that I haven't gotten around to it. But I will find time! I WILL. :)

changerswriter said...
OMG. Please write more!! I love it! How could you leave us hanging?! I love your style of writing, and where did you come up with the idea. Completely original.

ZeeBYoung replied...
Oh thanks so much! Im glad you like it! Don't worry, Ill be sure to get the next chunk of the story in as soon as possible. And I honestly dont know where this came from. I just know I wanted to do something with demons instead of the usual vampire, werewof, angel stories.

changerswriter replied...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 2:27 am
Completely lovely! (Hm, that just doesn't seem to be the right word, considering everything in the novel....) but all the same!

Taylor_Renee said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fave line is: "The toothfairy told me if i do it, I get a dollar" hahahahahahahaha.

MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!

Mary_S. said...

Hm, the grammar's a little iffy in some places, but this comes off as a really funny story. And you are completely right about Romeo and Juliet being mental. "I'm so busy angsting over Rosaline that I can't even look at other girls. Oh, wait! That chick's hott, she'll be my new obsession!" and from there on both Romeo and Juliet move into the "If things don't go my way I'll kill myself!" and then they do. That's not normal.

Still, I enjoyed reading Romeo and Juliet, but I seem t... (more »)

zeebyoung replied...
thanx. ill add more to this as the story progresses, and i manage to get it on here. this has been very informing, and i really appreciate it.

DinoNugget replied...
Totally has nothing to do with the book (yet), but Mary_S., you should read Romeo's Ex by Lisa Fiedler.  It tells the story from Rosaline's point of view, and the ending of it really summarizes how fickle Romeo appears to be.  I liked it.

Mary_S. replied...

Ok, thanks. I'll have to check that out.

And once again, ZeeBYoung, keep up the good work!