Zeus Fell

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Next »

Prologue

Zeus Fell Prologue

LOCATION: Society of astrology and neurology

Access code: ******

Welcome: ---------

Doctor Jim Hart raced down the long white hallway. Sweat bellowed down his front as he wiped the sweat off his brow and rubbed it on his white lab coat.
“Pardon me!” Dr. Hart called, slipping by a female doctor.
Turning sharply to the left, he ran down another corridor before stopping at a large door marked: Conference room 2B. Patting his wrinkled shirt down, he took in a few long breaths and smoothed his hair out.
“Show time.” He panted, his accent was Northern American.
Pushing open the large door, he entered a room that had a long table which was surrounded by many other people dressed in dress clothes. The hushed whispers stopped as he strolled up to the front of the room.
“Ladies and gentlemen,” Doctor Hart grimly announced, “thank you for coming. Yesterday, there was a discovery in which…”
He stopped. Searching for the right words, he closed his eyes.
“The blackness is here.” He spoke.
At once, a hand shot up into the air.
“Yes, Doctor gray?” Doctor Hart asked.
“Are you referring to the blackness that we are presently studying?” Doctor Gray asked.
“I am.”
“What proof do you have?”
Walking off to his right, Doctor Hart pulled up three CAT scan sheets. Placing them against a white bard, Doctor Hart walked off and switched off the lights. Instantly, all the light in the room rushed into the white board. Glowing an eerie tan, the light made the CAT scan sheets seem more life like.
“If you will refer to the CAT scan on the far left as exhibit A,” Doctor Hart said, “I would like to show you the first stage of the blackness. Next to Exhibit A, you will see that when the blackness first starts, it destroys a person’s ability to choose good or bad. Then, the blackness destroys the person’s brain as seen in the far right.”
A quiet murmur rose and died in the small crowd.
“Furthermore, we have found exactly where and why the blackness has come.” Doctor Hart concluded.
“And where is that?” Doctor Black asked.
“We have computed the equation,” Doctor Hart spoke, “And we found that the blackness will strike in exactly three hours and will kill all the adults…”
“…how?”
“We will vanish or…dematerialize into the air.”
“And the reason why?”
“We received a message from an anonymous person stating: The blackness has come upon this planet because of the over population and destruction that you have brought upon yourselves. This fact must never be ignored…farewell. Yours truly, W.E.”
“Who is W.E.?”
“We do not know, but he did leave this message: hope for Paul Smith.”
Silence filled the room as all the doctors looked around. Each person had one thought on his or her mind:

Who is Paul Smith?

Then, Maddy woke up.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Fantasia80 said...
I forgot to mention the great imagery!!

Fantasia80 said...
I couldn't stop reading it.  Very suspenseful, and I liked the mystery.  Loved it!!