One girl a million insecurities

Author's note: this was written out of anger,hurt, and improvement to myself as a person.
Author's note: this was written out of anger,hurt, and improvement to myself as a person.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »

FRIENDS

In the middle of the year I had made new friends. Kelley and Shannon they were my first two friends. They were both so nice to me. We joked and hung out like friends. Kelley had become a really close friend to me. I would always talk to her, and sit with her at lunch. She had other friends and I tried to become friends with them but it just didn’t work. I started feeling left out. Her and I had gotten into a fight. I stopped sitting with her and started hanging around with Shannon more. I had become very close friends with her and was spending a lot of my time hanging around with her. Turns out she actually got me a lot of friends. I then became friends with a girl named Hannah and Isabella. The four of us would always sit together and hang out. Until the day came when we didn’t have Isabella there with us anymore. I didn’t know why she decided not to be friends with are anymore, I think she had gotten other friends and started to like them more. I sort of expected that she would, she never seemed to be interested in us any more and we grew apart. She’s a total b**ch now, but I got over it. As time went by I did eventually make some new friends. Throughout the next two years there for 7th and 8th grade, I had grown and lost friendships. I had a solid group though and still have those people. Hannah, Marianna, Britney, Kristina, Kiely. I was a friend with Hannah, Britney, Kristina starting in 6th grade, then Marianna and Kiely in 7th. Hannah was really nice. Around the time she was only person I could trust enough. Shannon had moved away to Seattle, so I only had Hannah. Her and I would hang out a lot because she lived so close to me. I would always talk to her on the phone. She was my best friend. Until 7th grade rolled around. I had become really good friends with Marianna; she was in my homeroom and in some of my classes. We were like almost the same in everyway, personality wise. We were always joking around and pissing off teachers and just being silly. That’s what tore Hannah and I apart. I was always hanging with Marianna, (Mary for short), and Hannah got mad. Our friendship then ended and I thought we would never be as good as friends as we were. I missed her but it was something she decided, I didn’t want to make her be my friend so I just left it alone. Right now her and I have patched up our friendship and we’ve been friends again for 2 years. Mary and I are still the best of friends. Mary has always been there for me. She like a sister now to me. She is the other person I can say I really trust. She’s understanding and funny. We have a lot jokes and we were and still are the best of friends. I became friends with a girl named Kristina in the middle of 6th grade. She was funny and crazy and just awesome. I started being friends with her through Shannon, she knew her then I met her and a friendship just formed. I am a friend with her to this day as well. Kiely and Britney started being my friends 7th grade. Britney was more my friend in 7th and Kiely more did in 8th. They are cousins and they both are great. The three of us did get into a situation when Kiely and Britney made up a fake guy and saying he was their friend and like me. It was bad them doing that, I lost the trust between us. I don’t trust them still because of that but we are still friends. Also I was a friend with a girl named Alex. She was so cool and funny, I liked being her friend. Then freshman year rolled around and she decided she didn’t want to be my friend anymore. I miss her but there is nothing I can really now. We are still not friends, and unfortunately I don’t think we ever will be again. Who can forget Eric. He didn’t become any of our friends until 8th grade. We all considered him “one of the girls”. He had this humor we all found hilarious. All the time he would keep us all laughing. Now I cant tell you we are friends still or not because I don’t know. I was fortunate to have friends during middle school, because I really needed them. Especially 7th grade. That was when I fell down.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 11:43 am

God, it seems like Middle School was the  tougest time for almost everyone. This was very honest and relatable, and it takes courage to share your personal stories!

Please check out my novel "SuperNOVA" and post your thoughts on it! Thanks :D

misstywaterfall replied...
yah it was and thanks