One girl a million insecurities

Author's note: this was written out of anger,hurt, and improvement to myself as a person.
Author's note: this was written out of anger,hurt, and improvement to myself as a person.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »

MOUNTVIEW=HELLHOLE

6th grade went on, things were changing in the school. The first day everyone was nice then in the blink of an eye everything became dark. When I walked into Mountview I was confident and happy, until the day came when I was pushed into a pool of insecurities. People started placing each other in cliques, a group of people who are almost the same. I still didn’t have friends there, so I started looking for some. I talked to people, at the time I wanted to place myself with so called preps. I talked to some girls, who completely were just total bi**hes to me for no reason. I would try to get involved with popular people. I had been popular all throughout my school experience until I came here. I started being labeled. At the time I was gaining little weight, because of puberty, whatever. Then I got called that word no girl ever wants to hear. So stupid chic in the “preps” had called me fat. I was crushed, I didn’t ever think of myself in that way I had no insecurities in my mind. That is until the were pointed out and rubbed in my face. That was the one thing that changed me. I became insecure in that way, always worrying about my weight. I started realizing every girl was skinny. Then I came along and I was a little chunky and I got constantly harassed because of it. I was a load free sprit when I walked in now I could tell I was falling. More things came up and I started building up my insecurities. It was either I was fat, ugly, loud, weird. That’s when I started wearing makeup. My mom had got me something one day I had never used before, eyeliner and cover-up. I didn’t know how to use them, so my mom showed me. I was glad she bought me this. I started wearing it everyday, it made me feel pretty. I noticed the difference and so did other people. I wore the eyeliner a lot, dark think lines of it on my eyes. That’s when I supposable according to some people I became gothic. I was never gothic at all, and then began the rumors. Then one-day prep walked into my English class and said with an attitude “ are you wearing makeup?”, “yes” I said. She then replied, “Well you don’t need it, why are you wearing it”. I said, “ Because I like it”. Then she walked away. I thought how dare she try to tell me I don’t need it, like she had no right saying that to me. After that I became really sad. That is until I made my new friends.

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 11:43 am:

God, it seems like Middle School was the  tougest time for almost everyone. This was very honest and relatable, and it takes courage to share your personal stories!

Please check out my novel "SuperNOVA" and post your thoughts on it! Thanks :D

misstywaterfall replied...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 12:04 pm :
yah it was and thanks