One girl a million insecurities

Author's note: this was written out of anger,hurt, and improvement to myself as a person.
Author's note: this was written out of anger,hurt, and improvement to myself as a person.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

6TH GRADE

I woke up 6 o’clock the next morning. I was excited and nervous, I had first day butterflies. I got ready, packing my bag full of everything I would ever need and putting it into my bag. I went out to get the bus and I felt so weird. I didn’t know anyone. A lot of the people on my bus knew each other and were talking and laughing I just sat there, just as an awkward preteen would. The bus arrived at school; I got off and walked inside the side of the building. They had us in a large cafeteria. At first it seemed people were in line almost and I got really nervous. I walked up to a teacher and said frantically “ are we supposed to be in line or going somewhere”. The short teacher then replied in a monotone voice but a reassuring “no just stand here until its time to go to homeroom.” So that’s what I did, I stood there. Then the had everyone sit on the floor, at that moment a bundle of teachers came into the room. They began reading off names. I realized they were calling for homerooms. They called a lot of people I sat nervously to find out whom my teacher was going to be. Then my name got called. Mrs. knight would be my new homeroom teacher. I had learned later she would be as well my English teacher. She finished her list of names. Then in a line we proceeded down stairs. We went into a room; it was an organized room with a colorful picture drawn with chalk on the chalkboard of a big flower. I thought who ever drew this must be really artistic. I looked around observing the room. After that we got our agenda books, which throughout the three years of middle school I didn’t use much. We went through everything, the rules and stuff, pretty boring. After homeroom it was time to go to your first class. I was really nervous, to see a new teacher. Until I read my sheet and I actually wasn’t going anywhere. The first class was English. So I sat in my same seat when a lot of people started coming in. there were a lot of different people walking in the room. I was little confused as to what was going on I was sitting at a table alone and everyone coming in was going to all different tables. So I waited more time, then everyone came in and I was still alone at a table. I didn’t really know what to think at that moment because I was too nervous to think about stuff like that. Class started, Mrs. Knight introduced her to the class and began telling us about what the year is going to be like. I was sort of spacing out a lot of the time. Thinking about how the rest of the day was going to be like. The end of the period rolled on and then it was time to go. We all went to 2nd period and so on to all the classes. I got lost a couple of times but I eventually found my way around the school. There was only one thing I was really worried about what’s lunch going to be like. When lunchtime rolled around I was nervous because I didn’t know where to sit or where to go. So when I went into the big cafeteria I had seen in the morning, only now there were tables. 6 long tables across the room I sat at the first one I saw, known as table 2, but later would become the b**ch table. I sat at the front I felt weird I didn’t eat because I felt awkward. Again what had happened in class had happened at lunch, no one wanted to sit near me. I got over it. I sat their drinking water. Until it was over. It seemed like it was going to be forever until lunch ended. It eventually did. The day went on everything was fine. I could say it was a nice school. I would discover later on, it was a hellhole.

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 11:43 am:

God, it seems like Middle School was the  tougest time for almost everyone. This was very honest and relatable, and it takes courage to share your personal stories!

Please check out my novel "SuperNOVA" and post your thoughts on it! Thanks :D

misstywaterfall replied...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 12:04 pm :
yah it was and thanks