One girl a million insecurities

Author's note: this was written out of anger,hurt, and improvement to myself as a person.
Author's note: this was written out of anger,hurt, and improvement to myself as a person.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

MOVING

In 2003 Mom, Diego, mom’s boyfriend, Sandra, Alison, my sisters, and I moved to Worcester, to a street named Ives Street. I can say I was happy; I was going to a school I liked, living a city, neighborhood I liked. It was all good until that day came along where my mom told me “We are moving to…. Puerto Rico.” This wasn’t a 2 week vacation wee were full on moving there to live for a part of our lives. S**T! I got so sad and mad, I couldn’t take it I was sooo pissed, but I sucked it up, said goodbye to everyone including Sandra and Alison. They got to move in with their dad. I had to say goodbye to my family and friends just because my mother forced me. It was total bull s**t at that point is when I started experiencing pure rage toward mom. I felt as though she was taking me away from my home, my family, just because she didn’t want to be in the states because Sandra and Alison’s dad kept calling dss; department of social services, on her so she didn’t want to deal with it. So she dragged me to Puerto Rico with her. We lived there for 2 and half years. I hated it. Everyday felt like an eternity to me. I didn’t know what to think or what to feel but everyday all I wanted to do was go back home to my friends, family, and my home. Puerto Rico was not where I belonged. I knew it but no one else did. I would be sad everyday because I was so sad not seeing my family for 2 years. It’s been enough to convince mom to go back. No matter how sad I got nothing changed. Until one day my dreams finally came true. Mom being herself got into a fight with the people we were living with and we got kicked out and didn’t have anywhere to go or any one to stay with. Basically we were screwed, in my eyes that was a good thing and I was happy because that meant we were going back home. The only bad thing that happened was when we went back to the states we had to stay in a shelter with people we didn’t even know. I was glad to be going back.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 11:43 am

God, it seems like Middle School was the  tougest time for almost everyone. This was very honest and relatable, and it takes courage to share your personal stories!

Please check out my novel "SuperNOVA" and post your thoughts on it! Thanks :D

misstywaterfall replied...
yah it was and thanks