Vampire Sisters

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next »

Chapter 7

“Emma, what are you daydreaming about again? Get to school; otherwise you’ll be late…again. You don’t want to start high school on a bad note!” Maya lectured.
“Whatever.” I muttered as I stood up and walked toward the door.
“Aren’t you going to change or at least fix your hair?” my sister asked, eying my baggy T-Shirt and ripped pajama bottoms.
“What’s the point?”
“Emma-“
I slammed the door shut before she could complete her sentence. I could feel the scorching heat of the sun on my face, which was already beading with sweat. Why do girls dress up so much anyway? It’s not like school’s a fashion contest or anything. All they want to do is get noticed.
I smirked. Hah! Getting noticed… while those girls wake up at five in the morning just to straighten their hair and get noticed, I’m sleepin’ in and trying my best not getting noticed!
I stopped short at the park bench down the street. The old, off-white sign next to it was labeled: Bus Stop.
Yeah, I know….you usually don’t see random vampires taking the bus to school. But hey, if you left the house the way I did, chances are –you aren’t getting a ride.
Just then, the screeching, rusty sounds of the bus broke me out of my reverie. The door swung open, and the familiar face of an elderly woman appeared behind the driver’s seat.
She inspected me –my hair, my face, my clothes, and then sighed. “Morning Emma.”
I nodded curtly and stepped into the non-air conditioned bus. The whispers flooded down the aisle and into my ear.
“Who in the world is that?”
“What’s up with her face?”
“Did she forget to look at a mirror?”
I grinned inside. Great! They hate me already! This year might not turn out so bad after all!
I walked toward the seat at the end of the bus with such force, that I made the girl sitting in front of me flinch.
This is perfect! Some kids even look a bit scared of me! I felt a pair of eyes staring at me. I looked at the seat beside me to see a puny, bespectacled girl, who definitely did not look as though she was old enough to be in high school…probably just another nerd that skipped a couple grades. I returned her stare, except I made sure mine was extra cold and hollow. A glare that a kid could even have nightmares about. I saw her shiver, in the eighty degree weather. I grinned. I could get used to this! I thought, as I waited for the bus to reach to reach my prison.

Sohom Sen said...

EPIC book

read the whole thing

know you only missing one thing,

A member ship of MACHINIMA

Jk you not a gamer, not even pro

tanaya replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 4:43 pm :
ok? i guess...............

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 8, 2011 at 11:59 am:
I love how you compared it to the Twilight saga that was really cool!!! :))

tanaya replied...
May 26, 2011 at 4:28 pm :

Thanks! :)

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 3:50 pm:
Vampire literture has been a little bit over done as of latly but yours is still very impressive  keep it up  i would be interested to read some more of your work  could you please check out and comment on my story Manso's Shame  i would really apreciate it

tanaya replied...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 7:36 pm :

Thank you for your comments!

Sure I'll check out your work!

sobuj123 said...
Mar. 13, 2011 at 4:18 am:

nice job tanaya.

it is absolutely mervellous.keep it up.

WillowFalls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:35 pm:
Good job! Really creepy, I like it ;)

tanaya replied...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:39 pm :
Thanks guys!

alex said...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 6:51 pm:

heyyy tanaya!!!

nice job

really good

gurleen said...
wow...really good up to here !!

Moumita said...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 12:41 am:
Good work Tanaya...Keep it up

aruban said...
Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:20 am:

Well done, waiting for your next story like this. How to create a vamapire story? simple tips as follows:

A good place to start is by reviewing other vampire fiction. Read the folklore, read the classics as well as current vampire books. Watch the movies and the televisions shows. Then forget about everything else you've read and seen and develop a vampire universe that is yours.
Read more:

RUBEL said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 3:03 am:

Excellent, Good work Tanaya.

Keep it up

ronny said...

Firstly, scary! You can actually think from the PoV of a vampire and that too with so much ease that it makes one wonder. Are you....? :) 

Secondly, really nice read, very imaginative and beautifully laid out. What I like, especially, is the plot line that is so intricately woven. Mighty nice, I must say! 

Sohom S said...

Nice work Tanaya

You must've worked you butt of.

Suggestion: Make chapters a begining of a new topic like a ordinary novel

Like: Use of detail, vivid details, topic

Sylvie said...
nice! :D I really like the vivid descriptions and how you move the plot along very well. I honestly can't wait for the next chapter, this is a good mystery book. ;) nice jobbb

Lahari said...

Its really good, except I don't think u should divide the chapters like that. they're not exactly a new "segment," but more of a continuation of the previous thought.

:-) Keep up the good work. (woW that sounds cheezy)

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 18, 2011 at 10:00 am:
OMG...so good so far. :D