Vampire Sisters

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14

Chapter 14

Vampire Sisters
Chapter Fourteen

The scorching liquid was engulfed in my tongue. Its savory taste satisfied my undying thirst immediately. The sweet blood was inviting and completely welcome in my stomach.
I should stop now, I thought. But I needed more. I wanted more. I dug my fangs in deeper, sensing the boy’s extreme stress and pain at my action. His tense posture finally surrendered as he groaned, cried and yelled in agony.
It’s been years. Four intensely painful years in which my life had been blood-free. But now… now I was rewarded. Finally!
As my mouth indulged the food, the familiar taste and past memories that came along with it flooded into my mind.
“Emma, I know this is going to be hard for.” Dad said as he unsuccessfully tried to comfort me.
“Obviously this is gonna be hard for me. It’s who I am, it’s not like I could just stop doing it all if a sudden!” I retorted, “Why would you even try asking me to stop?” I looked at my father in shock, completely baffled. Why was he asking this of me? They knew, he knew that it would never actually happen.
“You know exactly why I’m asking you of this! We live with their kind now. It would be wrong Emma. I know it’s who we are, but we can at least try to change that part of ourselves, can’t we. I’m not asking you to do this alone…we’re going to do this together!”my father softened his persuasive tone.
“You mean how we used to?”
“Yes Emma. Like we…used to. You won’t do it then, right?”
“I don’t know! Dad, you’re asking me something I can’t control. I can’t just stop! I can’t just start changing. I can’t just stop drinking blood!” I shrieked in frustration, my anger pouring out of my mouth. My eyes burned with astonishment and confusion as I gazed into my father’s melting brown eyes.
“I know that it’s a lot to ask of one as young as you. But you have to try! Promise me you’ll try. Try for Sally, and I! Try for Maya!”his voice now pleading echoed throughout my brain.
At Maya’s name, my scattered thoughts froze abruptly. “Fine,” I cried unwillingly.
My father’s anxious face broke into a relieved, relaxed grin. I sighed in victory as he leaned back on my bed. “Thank you.” he murmured.
“Just remember this…I’m not doing this for you, or definitely not Sally. I’m only doing this for Maya. That’s it –nobody else.”
Dad’s face expressed his hurt at my statement, but he remained content. “Okay Emma. But you promise right- for the sake of this family?”
“I promise, for the sake of Maya.”I sighed.
I choked on the liquid as I recalled the moment. I glanced down at the face of my victim to see his life-less pale color under me.
Hesitantly, I released my weapon from his neck, craving only one more drop of the treat.
My tear-streamed face fell back as I sighed.
“I promised.” I whispered.
I once again collapsed against the back of that dumpster and sobbed.
It seemed like that’s all I’ve been doing during these last couple of days…crying!
Well it gotta stop. I need to be stronger, stable and find ways to get to Maryland. I needed to find the others as soon as possible. They would know who killed my father. After all, they weren’t like us. They never could be.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14

Sohom Sen said...

EPIC book

read the whole thing

know you only missing one thing,

A member ship of MACHINIMA

Jk you not a gamer, not even pro

tanaya replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 4:43 pm :
ok? i guess...............

JoPepper said...
May 8, 2011 at 11:59 am:
I love how you compared it to the Twilight saga that was really cool!!! :))

tanaya replied...
May 26, 2011 at 4:28 pm :

Thanks! :)

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 3:50 pm:
Vampire literture has been a little bit over done as of latly but yours is still very impressive  keep it up  i would be interested to read some more of your work  could you please check out and comment on my story Manso's Shame  i would really apreciate it

tanaya replied...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 7:36 pm :

Thank you for your comments!

Sure I'll check out your work!

sobuj123 said...
Mar. 13, 2011 at 4:18 am:

nice job tanaya.

it is absolutely mervellous.keep it up.

WillowFalls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:35 pm:
Good job! Really creepy, I like it ;)

tanaya replied...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:39 pm :
Thanks guys!

alex said...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 6:51 pm:

heyyy tanaya!!!

nice job

really good

gurleen said...
wow...really good up to here !!

Moumita said...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 12:41 am:
Good work Tanaya...Keep it up

aruban said...
Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:20 am:

Well done, waiting for your next story like this. How to create a vamapire story? simple tips as follows:

A good place to start is by reviewing other vampire fiction. Read the folklore, read the classics as well as current vampire books. Watch the movies and the televisions shows. Then forget about everything else you've read and seen and develop a vampire universe that is yours.
Read more:

RUBEL said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 3:03 am:

Excellent, Good work Tanaya.

Keep it up

ronny said...

Firstly, scary! You can actually think from the PoV of a vampire and that too with so much ease that it makes one wonder. Are you....? :) 

Secondly, really nice read, very imaginative and beautifully laid out. What I like, especially, is the plot line that is so intricately woven. Mighty nice, I must say! 

Sohom S said...

Nice work Tanaya

You must've worked you butt of.

Suggestion: Make chapters a begining of a new topic like a ordinary novel

Like: Use of detail, vivid details, topic

Sylvie said...
nice! :D I really like the vivid descriptions and how you move the plot along very well. I honestly can't wait for the next chapter, this is a good mystery book. ;) nice jobbb

Lahari said...

Its really good, except I don't think u should divide the chapters like that. they're not exactly a new "segment," but more of a continuation of the previous thought.

:-) Keep up the good work. (woW that sounds cheezy)

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 18, 2011 at 10:00 am:
OMG...so good so far. :D