The Black Angel Rises

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Never Again

“Man, I almost fell asleep.” Fernan laughed.
“It’s been four classes and you love art class.” Ravelle muttered, poking at her salad.
“Yeah, but the substitute is so boring. What kind of teacher has a name related to a crayon?” Fernan asked.
At this question, Ravelle began to laugh. Fernan joined in and everyone watched them, wondering if they were crazy or stupid. Ravelle out of the corner of her eye saw another shadow swirling in circles.
“Fernan, I got
Its best to see how the story progresses and I was bored so I added a few conlicts
to go. See you after you return from Venice after winter break.” Ravelle got up and instantly ran into Xander, when all her stuff fell.
“I’m sorry,” Xander replied in his smooth, dark voice.
“Doesn’t matter, I really got to go.” Ravelle, with the help of Xander, collected her stuff and she ran.
“Wait,” Xander yelled, holding Ravelle’s sketchbook in his hand.
Ravelle kept running with Xander tailing her until she saw where the shadow was. Xander hid behind a tree and listened.
“I’m suppose to be having a normal life.” Ravelle spoke to it.
“I’m sorry sweetie, but I really need to tell u something.” Ravelle’s mom appeared before her.
Apparently, Ravelle only had her mother’s eyes and the rest of her was that of her kidnapped father. It hurt Ravelle’s mom to see Arestis in Ravelle, she was pained that at times she had to look away, even Ravelle knew this.
“Mom, please look me in the eye. I know you hate how much I look like dad, but I’m telling you I’m so close to finding where he is.” Ravelle pleaded.
“That’s what I was trying to tell you. You’re in danger, and they hunting you down.” Ravelle’s mom warned as she removed a strand of blond hair from her face.
“Jonethen?” Ravelle questioned.
“Yes, Jonethen is looking for you. He’s an angel and I’m just a vampire. I can’t fight him off sweetie, only if your father was here.” Ravelle’s mom began to tear up.
Ravelle hugged her mom and she hugged her back.
“I don’t care mom; I’m going to keep trying. It’s been 5 years, and I don’t care if Jonethen gets in my way. I’m going to find dad and I will soon find a way to stop Jonethen. Soon, we’re going to be together as a family. Never again shall we part.” Ravelle declared.
“Hope so.” Ravelle’s mom look saddened.
“What’s wrong?” Ravelle asked.
“Oh nothing sweetie, I wanted to also tell you that I’m going out of town to hunt Jonethen’s werewolf and vampire allies.” Ravelle’s mom was still sad.
“What’s truly wrong?” Ravelle asked.
“I can’t protect you, so I had to ask someone as equally as powerful as you.” Ravelle’s mom turned around.
“Powerful?” Ravelle was confused.
Her mom began to walk away, but Ravelle grasped her arm.
“Please not now, tell me who you’ve asked.” Ravelle begged.
“I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to stay with your aunt until I get back. Meanwhile the person I asked is already watching you.” Ravelle’s mom would not look at her.
“I’m not going to stay with my aunt and have her ruin me again. I’m going to stay in Avron’s penthouse and I don’t care who is watching me, I will have revenge on Jonethen.” Ravelle whispered sharply as she turned on her heels and left back for her 5th period class, leaving her mom standing there. Ravelle didn’t know it, but Xander had heard everything and he too knew what they were talking about.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »