THE PEASANT GIRL | Teen Ink

THE PEASANT GIRL

December 12, 2010
By Anonymous

Summary:

Prince Caerus of Cariden is forced into an engagement with the Princess of a new world-power threatening to conquer his country. He has almost resigned himself to his fate when he stumbles across a strange peasant girl, who changes his perception of everything from life and death, beauty and ugliness, right and wrong, and love and hate.


Anonymous

THE PEASANT GIRL


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 24 comments.


on Dec. 26 2010 at 10:50 am
CrazyWriter GOLD, Lorton Station, Virginia
16 articles 2 photos 102 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Once you have given up on the most important thing in your life, you begin to die, because then, you gradually lose your true self"~Hana Kimi
"Someone who can lie to themself. . . is lonely, and in pain"~Hana Kimi

Proving me worng.......keep it going... 5 stars

on Dec. 18 2010 at 8:01 pm
CrazyWriter GOLD, Lorton Station, Virginia
16 articles 2 photos 102 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Once you have given up on the most important thing in your life, you begin to die, because then, you gradually lose your true self"~Hana Kimi
"Someone who can lie to themself. . . is lonely, and in pain"~Hana Kimi

 rating so far 4 stars

This is quite intriguing actually. You give the reader a soure of conflict or struggle right away and a confusing character to begin with.The Prince is the interesting one of the moment that, atleast holds my attention. You present him as a "Royal Pain"(pradon my wording) when he talks about "his plan" for paying the tax , giving less thoughts to the tax payers , however  he has already  thrown away the "duty" or "honor" of a first born son of royalty. He already is protrayed as a character gone through the transformation of learning "love is more important...."  but possibly missing another important lesson about life.(Which I hope he learns in your book)  This is intriguing it contridicts traditional stories where usually the prince would undergo the transformation or learning that "love is more important" . Your book opens new questions and possibilities, wondors and thoughts about what will happen based on the situation of the character. You have thought of an entirely  new fairy tale that as far as I have read is diffcult to predict (There are so many possiblites).I will be looking for more on the story and hope for more surpriseses. 

Continue the good work! I'll be looking for more!!

~CrAZyWrItEr~

btw....my work loves to be read....


Leann14 GOLD said...
on Dec. 16 2010 at 5:43 pm
Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio
16 articles 4 photos 110 comments
Absolutley amazing:) I truly envy you! You have quite a unique idea and I adore the detail! It makes me feel like I am witnessing every action. I can't wait for more. Please check out some of my work! I would love tips!

Keilah GOLD said...
on Dec. 16 2010 at 4:23 pm
Keilah GOLD, Eureka, Missouri
18 articles 10 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out."

Oooh, I really liked this.  I want to meet the Peasant Girl in the summary though!  You might hold reader's attention better if you introduce her right from the bat.