Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Population of a Dead Theatre

Population of a Dead Theatre

Kristina L.
Population of a Dead Theatre
Summary: “So… I’m dead?”

“Yupp,”

“Which dead is this?” She asked looking around wearily, eyes roaming in the hazy darkness. He raised an eyebrow in question. She shrugged listlessly, hands digging into her mint green scrub pants. “You know. Is it Christmas Carol? Or I’m a restless soul that needs to realize I’m ready to go?”

“That all depends,” He smiled slowly, an almost teasing laugh hissing out from between his teeth as he spoke.

“On what?” She looked at him, eyes wide in confusion.

“You,”

Aderes18 said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 3:26 am:

I never knew that someone replied to my comment! Anyway, the title just doesn't go with the plot. The setting, yes. Just not the plot. I just came with one.

Death and all his friends. Like the Coldplay album. By the way, LOVE Coldplay! What about you?:)

Aderes18 said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 5:44 pm:
Wait, so Jo from the afterlife is Kasey's husband in this life? So why is he in the afterlife? Did he died? Also, it needs a better title.  

Kristina_L replied...
Apr. 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm :
Do you have any suggestions as to what you would name it and why do you not like the title?

Steph0804 replied...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:36 am :

well... I don't have a new title, but the reason the current one isn't so great is that it doesn't catch your attention. When you see it, it's a bit long and hard to focus on... like, if it was shorter and sweeter, it might be better...

LOVE the twist at the end...

How come Kasey didn't recognise her own husband?

Aderes18 replied...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 3:55 am :

I agree!

And that's another question of mine as well. :)

AnarchyIsMyFriend said...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 6:43 pm:
Why can't I tag this?!?!?!?  I love it but I am electronically impaired!!!!  AGGGHHH

AnarchyIsMyFriend said...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 4:41 pm:
  I loved this story!  Very clever!  How did come up with this idea?  Omigosh!  This story left me speechless (in the good way!!!) and I rarely have nothing to say!!!!  :)

Kbuschan said...
Jan. 30, 2011 at 12:48 am:

wow, this was amazing, i was in a total trance reading this :)

and i love it as a short story. If you add any more, it would ruin it i think...

cdmswimmer9 said...
This is amazing. Please keep writing, you have some real talent here. :)

marzapan said...
it was a great book! good job, keep writing. it was great, i couldnt stop reading.

hopeIShere said...
wow this left me breathless i loved the way you ended it!

Grace_R said...
I guess I'm a bit confused at what happened towards the end... maybe make it a tad more clear for slow people like me? :)

silverpen said...
I love it:)

Leann13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 14, 2010 at 7:57 am:
I like the idea:) You obviously have talent... with a bit revising it should be a great story!

Emily-G said...
I liked this very much ^^ a wonderful peice and an amazing idea

PeetaMellark said...
I actually really enjoyed  this piece! I really liked your interpretation of limbo. And I liked the message of learning how to forgive yourself. I think that's a message that we all need to remember sometimes. Thanks for sharing your writing, and keep up the good work! =)

Keilah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:14 pm :
Are you Peeta as Peeta from the Hunger Games?

AnarchyIsMyFriend replied...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 6:43 pm :

Looks like it!

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 11, 2010 at 10:47 am:
The grammar could use some work, a lot of the dialogue is choppy and the flow is a little awkward. A reasonable first attempt.

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 11, 2010 at 10:50 am :
Also, if you have only one "chapter" your work should be submitted under general fiction and not the novel category.