Rock Star Cinderella

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

Back to Where We Began

Well, it was August again, and Under Water was wrapping up their summer tour. For the summer, our opening act was an aspiring artist named Jack Shellings. he was kind of like Ryan Prest, but I didn't have the same feelings for him as I did for Ryan. We hadn't seen each other since the party. and Ryan was still looking for Glovegirl.
Our final destination was at the Altamont Fiargrounds in the Syracuse area. It was our hometown show, and I really wanted everything to go well. In fact, we were performing at the same place and on the same day that Ryan and I had met a year ago.
We had finally made it to the fairgrounds, and all of the fans were screaming as we pulled up behind the stage and in between the metal bars that separated us, the equipment, and the stage from the fans. Trish and I walked into the tent that was set up next to the stage as our manager Matt ran up to us.
"Girls, I have some bad news. Jack won't be able to make it tonight. he has the flu," said Matt as he tried to catch his breath.
"I hope he feels better," Trish said as we both nodded in agreement to that.
"Same here. So, the local band that's performing before you will take Jake's time slot," Matt explained.
"Who's doing the duet with us?" Trish asked as I took a swig of water from my water bottle.
"Ryan Prest," Matt said happily.
My mouthful of water flew out of my mouth at my shocked surprise. "Ryan Prest?!"
"I know you're a big fan, and it just so happens that he was in town. He'll be here just in time for the performance. So, he won't be able to make it for the sound check, but I did text a performance of the song to him so he could listen to it before the three of you perform it. Didn't I do good?" he said hopefully with a big smile on his face.
"Matt, we can't perform 'Stick Together' with Ryan," I explained.
"Why?"
"Personal reasons. Right, Trish?" I said.
"I've gotta go make sure that my mic is working. Later," Trish said as she ran up onto the stage.
"This song is about him. Isn't it?" Matt inquired.
"Yes, and it would just feel to weird performing it with him. Plus, if he knew, I would look like such a dork," I said pleading.
"Joanna, you've got ot tell him how you feel sometime. As for the looking like a dork part, there won't be a time in a relationship where you won't. You won't get anywhere in a relationship if you don't tell the person your feelings. Why do you think I'm still single?" Matt said as we both laughed.
"Well, I guess it's time that I share my feelings with Ryan." I took a deep breath.
"So, you'll do it?" he said hopefully.
"Definitely," I smiled.
"Joanna, come on! We've gotta practice," Trish yelled from the stage.
"I guess I gotta go," I said to Matt as I ran up onto the stage.
"You rock, Joanna! Have fun. This is your last night, and tomorrow, I'm going to Jamaica!" Matt sang as he danced around the tent.
A few minutes later, Trish and I were rockin' out on stage in front of an excited crowd, while Matt was in the tent running around frantic. "Where is Ryan!? I need Ryan!" he yelled in distress. Then, he saw a bunch of girls walking behind the stage. All of a sudden, a bus pulled up next to our tour bus, and the girls started screaming. "Oh, Ryans's here," Matt said calmly as Ryan ran up to him.
"Sorry, I couldn't make it sooner," Ryan said out of breath.
"No time for an apology. You only have a few minutes to get ready. You'll be doing the duet after Trish and Joanna's next song," Matt said hurriedly.
"Wait. Joanna!?" Ryan asked.
"Well, yeah. She is a part of Under Water. Not to mention that she wrote the song," Matt said.
"But, all you said was that I needed to come here to do a duet, and that it was urgent. I figured I was gonna do it with Trish, but you didn't say anything about doing it with Trish and Joanna," Ryan asked.
"Yeah, well, I guess we all have a crush on somebody that you're performing with today, but I don't care, because I don't have time to care. A manager's life is not easy; instead, it's constant panic! I'm about to lose my mind. Our first duet partner has the flu, and our backup came two minutes before the performance. So, get on stage, smile, and look pretty," Matt said with distressed anxiety as Ryan rushed back stage to talk the performance over with our stage manager.
"If I have a heart attack tonight, I'm making Joanna and Ryan pay the doctor bills," Matt said to himself as he slumped down into a chair with a bottle of water in his hands.
After we had finished our tenth song, I went over to the left side of the stage, grabbed my towel, and wiped the ever-growing sweat off my face. Trish took a deep breath as she stood in the middle of the stage to address the crowd. "I'm sorry to say that Jack Shellings can't be here to sing with us tonight because he has the flu, but I think you'll like our replacement," Trish said with a mischievous smile on her face as I took my place behind my mic with my fingers gently placed on the frets of my electric guitar. Trish went to the end of the stage farthest from me as she took her place for the performance. Ryan was on the end of the stage that was closest to me. She started to sing as the stage and the crowd were covered in darkness. A soft ballad-type rhythm started the song. "One magical night our hearts met, and then they were torn a part," she sang as she walked to the middle of the stage.
"I thought I'd never see you again, but somehow I had this feelin'," Ryan said as he also walked to the center of the stage and stood nex to Trish. All of the girls started to scream as they heard Ryan's voice. Then, the lights started to come back on as the song went from a soft ballad to a rockin' hit as the tempo progresed. The performance was a smash. Trish and I did one last song before we said goobye to the crowd of fans.
"Once again, my name is Trish Hughes, and thank you all so much for coming tonight. We had such a great time," Trish said as she waved to the crowd.
"Hey, everybody. My name is Joanna Simmons, and we hope you had a great time tonight. Rock on, and have a great school year," I said to the crowd.
"And we can't wait to see you guys at the meet and greet," Trish and I yelled as the fans screamed. We waved to the audience one last time as we exited the stage and headed into the tent to grab some water.
"Great job tonight," Ryan said as he walked over to me.
"Thanks. You too," I said as I took a sip of water.
"I was wondering, did you come to my concert last year?"
"Yeah. August third; here at the Altamont Fiargrounds."
"Well then, maybe you can help me find this girl that went to that concert. She lost her glove, and I wanted to return it to her," Ryan said with a mischievous smile as he held up his left hand to reveal my missing white, fingerless glove which he was wearing.
"Well, I think I can help you with that," I said with a smile as I held up my left hand to reaveal my other white, fingerless glove.
"I'ts you!?" Ryan said in mock surprise.
"You already knew, didn't you?" I said as we both laughed.
"It takes a very special person to wear that glove. Plus, I kind of figured it out when I saw you wearing that glove on stage. Why didn't you wear it the day that I ran into you at the mall?"
"I was meeting Heartthrob there, and I didn't want him to think that I was a weirdo. If I knew the Heartthrob was you, then I would've totally worn my glove," I explained.
"That was the same reason why I ddin't wear your lost glove. Plus, that's one of the many reason why I like you, Joanna. It's not because you're cute, even though you are. It's because of who you are; a sweet, different, and confidant person. Who can totally run." We both laughed. "By the way, you're Rock Queen?" he asked in surprise.
"In the flesh," I said with a smile on my face.
"So, now that's all covered, would you like to hang out after the meet and greet? We could go get some really good fair food, and you could fill me in on your other identities," he said with a laugh.
"I would really like that," I said as Rob ran up to Ryan and whispered something in his ear.
"Rob was wondering if he could come too, and he was also wondering if you could bring your friend Trish?" Ryan sked.
"Yeah. I'm sure Trish would love that," I smiled.
"Yes!" Rob yelled in excitement as he jumped in the air. "Oh, man. What am I gonna wear?" he said as he ran out of the tent and into Ryan's tour bus.
"Well, I guess we'll see you then," Ryan said with a laugh as he walked away. He walked a few steps, stopped, turned around, and walked back ove to me. "I forgot. Now that I've found you, I should probably give you this," he said as he took the glove off his hand and handed to me.
"You keep it," I said.
"But it's your lost glove; don't you want it?" Ryan sked.
"No. I want you to have it. Keep it as a thank you for just being you," I said to him as he put the glove back on his hand.
"Since it was so hard to find each other, let's make a pact that, no matter what, we'll never lose touch with each other," he said thoughfully.
"Deal." We shook each other's hands.

It's been four months since the meet and greet/ first date for me and Ryan and for Trish and Rob. Trish and I are taking a break form the road as we're settling into our Christmas break from school, and our C.D. is selling like hotcakes. As for Ryan, well, Under Water has decided to tour with Ryan next summer as Ryan and I try to keep a long distanc e relationship. My mom decided to break into the field of writing with her book "101 'Healthy' Things That aren't Edible" with my dad as the co-writer, no to metnion that he was the taste tester; poor guiy. Rob and Trish are taking a break from their long distance relationship ever since they had a big fight over which hair cut was more in: crew cut vs. the bob.
Now a-days, girls come up to me and ask me how I got Ryan's attention. They've tried everything to get his attention at the meeta nd greets, but it never works. They even have the same problem with thier curshes at school. Well, something that I've learned over the past tow summers is that, to get that real life fairytale that everyone wants, you just have to be yourself.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

This book has 13 comments. Post your own now!

thejoyofrediscovering This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 8:58 am
Your idea for the story was good, and though people have done it, the rock star touch was creative. However, the story is kind of....rushed, which, unfortunately makes it a bit boring. Also the voice, for your narrator and other character's assumed age, is very inaccurate and immature. So slow the story down, add some description and age, and a good round of spell and grammar check, and you have potential for a better novel.

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think you have a good idea here, ie fame meets normal. But, I couldn't get through the first chapter. Start off with the story, you don't need all that background information if you can show the reader through her actions and dialogue. Work on dialogue flow and making it realistic. Also, there is a bunch of descriptive stuff that only takes away from rather than adding to the story. Keep the idea (it really is a good one) and start a new story with a different angle and a different style. :)

JustAnotherOwl said...
What direction are you planning on taking with this? Because it seems so...pointless. Like you aren't getting to the point and I don't understand why she does some things...Like, why does she say that they can't talk anymore online?

TheCreepyNeighbor said...

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t exactly enjoy this.

Me!! (You don’t need two exclamation points, one will do.)

No one actually introduces themselves like that.

Try someone calling on her name. Show, not tell.

Again, too much showing not enough telling.

Most boy bands don’t have mosh pits at there concert.

“[T]hank you!”

Started raining really hard? Look in a Thesaurus for better wording. The dialogue isn’t ve... (more »)

TheCreepyNeighbor replied...
Oops I ment too much telling not enough showing. And this is why we proof-read. :D

CrazyWriter said...
I love it!! no critzism !! CONTINUE please!

triathlete99 replied...
I agree! PLEASE FINISH!!!! So addicting!!!!

stellabella21 said...
I REALLY like the story but I think the story is moving to fast so uch stuff happens in like 4 chapters. Really good so far can't wait for more!

peace4all This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 5:49 am
finish it!! can't wait!!!

BrielleM said...

:)

I love this story so far! I like the idea & how instead of her being your typical Cinderella, you know, glass slipper and all, she drops her fingerless glove...Which is pretty awesome! (:

Obviously, the story has a few problems, just as every good story has....

The grammar was a bit off at some parts and the sentences can be choppy...& I agree with one of the people down there...Things just happen too fast! But that's okay, that happens to me too!

Someti... (more »)

MysteryHeart said...
Ok So I REALLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wanna know what happens next.... you might have at one point though MAKE A CLIMAX !!!!!!! Tradgedy, deceive , back stabbing, lies ...its perfect story its just tooooooo perfect which can sometimes be boring we need something that will want us to keep reading.. your doing great though keep it up

PrincessSparkle said...
I am a sucker for famous meets Normal people. I loved the idea but a few things sort of bugged me. I didn't like how fast everything was happening. Most readers like to build up to the climax whereas you jumped right on it. Its not really realistic but I still enjoyed reading it. Please write more. =]

Leann13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 24, 2010 at 8:58 am
It is a good idea, but I think if you would have added a real summary more people might have clicked 'read book'. :/ Well, I am going to give some tips, if that's ok? You have a lot of potential but most of your sentences are a bit choppy and I feel if you added more to them, let them flow, they would sound a lot more proffesional as a whole. You also use a lot of exclamation points, which is fine, but it starts to annoy the reader (I have gotten in trouble with this as well, haha) and just one ... (more »)