Rock Star Cinderella

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Plan in Action

So that was the end for me and Ryan. At least, I thought so. The next day Trish and I walked home from school. "I can't believe you broke up with Ryan," Trish said in shock.
"I didn't exaclty break up with him. We just decided to part ways. We figured that we were trying too hard to find each other. We'll find each other one day, but for now, we're just keeping our distance. Plus, I'm not even dating him anyway," I said as I opened the door to my house. Mom was in the kitchen looking at something when we walked in.
"Hi, Joanna. Hi, Trish."
"Hey, Mom," I replied.
"Hi, Mrs. Simmons," greeted Trish.
"Did my new 'Dish' magazine come yet?" I asked Mom as she searched through the pile of opened mail.
"Here it is," Mom said, handing the magazine over to me.
"Thanks," I said taking it from her. Then Trish and I headed up stairs to my room.
"Hey, Heartthrob is on the cover," Trish pointed out as I put a C.D. into my DVD player.
"Nothing new," I said, putting the C.D. case down on my desk.
"O, my gosh!" Trish cried as she looked at a page of the magazine.
"What?" I asked, trying to read over her shoulder.
"You have a nickname."
"I have a what?"
"A nickname. By the way, Glovegirl suites you very well."
"Let me see that." I took the magazine from Trish and read the article.

[Ryan's Got a Cinderella?]

[We just had a recent interview with Ryan Prest. We asked if he had a girl on his mind. His answer: "I met this girl in August, and she totally blew my mind away. A good friend of mine gave me some advice and told me that if I really liked her, I should go out there and find her. Glovegirl, you're really special and I hope to see you again." The heartthrob has announced that from now on, every meet and greet that he does, he'll be looking out for that special girl.Who ever you are, glovegirl, you're soooo lucky!]

"Yeah. I guess I am," I said to myslef with a big smile on my face.
"So, in the mean time, what are you going to do about Ryan?"
"Well, you know how the day before everyone on the Spotlight Records label goes on their summer tours they have this big party N.Y.C.? Well, I'm hoping to run into Ryan there. For now though, I'm just gonna stay low."

a few months had past, and our debut album came out in May. That same month, Ryans new C.D. "The Girl I'm Looking for," which was dedicated to Glovegirl, came out the same month. During this time, girls had been rushing to Ryan and claiming that they were me, but he usually decoded the posers by asking which concert they met him at, and what glovegirl said at the concert that night. At least I knew that he hadn't forgot about me.

Later at a hotel in N.Y.C. ...

"Hey, what are you listening to?" Ryan asked as he walked into the main room of his suite to find Rob bopping his head to some tunes on his walkman.
"It's this new girl duo called Under Water. They're really good," Rob said as he handed Ryan the C.D.
"O, my gosh!"
"What?" Rob said taking his headphones off.
"That's the girl that I met at the mall when I was supposed to be meeting Rock Queen," Ryan said in astonishment as he pointed to my picture.
"You know how to pick 'em. This girl is an awesome guitarist. And her friend there has some great vocal talent. Think they'll be at the party next week?"
"I hope so."
"Hey, Ryan, maybe you should give this girl a shot. I mean, we've been searching for Glovegirl since December. Maybe she isn't the one," Rob said doubtfully.
"You know I won't give up no matter what you say, right?"
"I know. I know," Rob sighed.
"But, since we're on the subject, I feel like I know this girl. I mean, I know her know her. if it wasn't for her, I would've gotten ran over by a bunch of screaming girls. She just seems so familiar. You think she could be Glovegirl?" Ryan said unsurely.
"Ryan, in this day and age, anything can happen," Rob said as he put his headphones back on.

The night of the party had finally came. All of us were dressed like total rock stars, and there were bunches of screaming fans outside the building. You see, it's tradition that at the Summer Tour Party all of the stars take a dance break, stand in front of tables, and sign autographs for all of the waiting fans that are outside the building. That night, Ryain and I stood on opposite sides of the room with our best friends, Rob and Trish.
"Go talk to her, " Rob said, pushing Ryan from the wall.
"Go talk to him," Trish said, psuhing me towards Ryan. Ryan and I both walked into the middle of the dance floor facing each other.
"Hi," we both said shyly.
"I'm Ryan."
"Joanna," I said as Mr. Riles asked for our attention.
"It's time for our traditional meet and greet. If you would please stand at your designated tables, and wait for the fans to come over. Now, let me see some big smiles, and I don't care if the crab puffs have given anyone indigestion or some type of food poisoning, you still have to be nice," said Mr. Riles. As we walked over to our tables, I realized that I was on one end of the row, and Ryan was all the way on the other end.
Finally, I had finished my last autograph. When I looked up to find Ryan, I couldn't find him anywhere.
"Where's Ryan?" I asked Trish who had gone to the snack table once she had finished her last autograph.
"He and his friend had to leave a few minutes ago. Rob said that they had a long day ahead of them," she smiled.
"Rob?" I asked.
"Yep, and he's really cute," she said happily.
"I'm sure you two will be very happy together," I said as we left the party.

thejoyofrediscoveringThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 8:58 am:
Your idea for the story was good, and though people have done it, the rock star touch was creative. However, the story is kind of....rushed, which, unfortunately makes it a bit boring. Also the voice, for your narrator and other character's assumed age, is very inaccurate and immature. So slow the story down, add some description and age, and a good round of spell and grammar check, and you have potential for a better novel.

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think you have a good idea here, ie fame meets normal. But, I couldn't get through the first chapter. Start off with the story, you don't need all that background information if you can show the reader through her actions and dialogue. Work on dialogue flow and making it realistic. Also, there is a bunch of descriptive stuff that only takes away from rather than adding to the story. Keep the idea (it really is a good one) and start a new story with a different angle and a different style. :)

JustAnotherOwl said...
What direction are you planning on taking with this? Because it seems so...pointless. Like you aren't getting to the point and I don't understand why she does some things...Like, why does she say that they can't talk anymore online?

TheCreepyNeighbor said...

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t exactly enjoy this.

Me!! (You don’t need two exclamation points, one will do.)

No one actually introduces themselves like that.

Try someone calling on her name. Show, not tell.

Again, too much showing not enough telling.

Most boy bands don’t have mosh pits at there concert.

“[T]hank you!”

Started raining really hard? Look in a Thesaurus for better wording. The dialogue isn’t ve... (more »)

TheCreepyNeighbor replied...
Apr. 10, 2011 at 10:15 pm :
Oops I ment too much telling not enough showing. And this is why we proof-read. :D

CrazyWriter said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:33 pm:
I love it!! no critzism !! CONTINUE please!

triathlete99 replied...
Apr. 5, 2011 at 8:54 pm :
I agree! PLEASE FINISH!!!! So addicting!!!!

stellabella21 said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 5:32 pm:
I REALLY like the story but I think the story is moving to fast so uch stuff happens in like 4 chapters. Really good so far can't wait for more!

peace4all This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 5:49 am:
finish it!! can't wait!!!

BrielleM said...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 4:34 pm:

:)

I love this story so far! I like the idea & how instead of her being your typical Cinderella, you know, glass slipper and all, she drops her fingerless glove...Which is pretty awesome! (:

Obviously, the story has a few problems, just as every good story has....

The grammar was a bit off at some parts and the sentences can be choppy...& I agree with one of the people down there...Things just happen too fast! But that's okay, that happens to me too!

Someti... (more »)

MysteryHeart said...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:46 pm:
Ok So I REALLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wanna know what happens next.... you might have at one point though MAKE A CLIMAX !!!!!!! Tradgedy, deceive , back stabbing, lies ...its perfect story its just tooooooo perfect which can sometimes be boring we need something that will want us to keep reading.. your doing great though keep it up

PrincessSparkle said...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:26 pm:
I am a sucker for famous meets Normal people. I loved the idea but a few things sort of bugged me. I didn't like how fast everything was happening. Most readers like to build up to the climax whereas you jumped right on it. Its not really realistic but I still enjoyed reading it. Please write more. =]

Leann13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 24, 2010 at 8:58 am:
It is a good idea, but I think if you would have added a real summary more people might have clicked 'read book'. :/ Well, I am going to give some tips, if that's ok? You have a lot of potential but most of your sentences are a bit choppy and I feel if you added more to them, let them flow, they would sound a lot more proffesional as a whole. You also use a lot of exclamation points, which is fine, but it starts to annoy the reader (I have gotten in trouble with this as well, haha) and just one ... (more »)