Xeviol: Luscious. | Teen Ink

Xeviol: Luscious.

By Volarian, Vancouver, Washington
Volarian, Vancouver, Washington

The light was bright, took Luscious a while to adjust, or even focus. He stood up in his dizzy haze, looking around the empty white room, nothing was different, all of it was just the same, white tiled floor, white soundproof walls, and ceiling. Stepping forward and grabbing his white shirt, pants, and shoes, Luscious was ready for the day, he didn't dare step out of the door however, he just waited, it felt like a long wait too, but it felt like that every day. The buzzer went off, and he opened the door, and so did everybody else. No one spoke, and no one did anything. All that happened was pure silence, as hundreds of people walked down the small corridor. The white interior still feels empty and emotionless like everything, and everyone else. 

He continued to walk forward, and someone behind him tapped on his shoulder, he was confused, no one could do anything in this line, they needed to stay focused, stay still. He did want to answer her, he didn't want to seem rude, but he knew if he spoke, they would both die. The Marksman rifles unfolded from behind the pillars on the walls. Every single person in the room turned toward the weapons at the exact same time, almost as if it was choreographed. The guns were plucked from the wall, everyone grabbing their Marksman firmly in their right hand, and slinging it over their left shoulder. But the one person beside Luscious, she just grabbed her by the barrel of the gun, not by the handle, not by the grip, but she just didn't seem to care how she held the weapon, because a few moments later she was fiddling with the magazine, just pulled it out at one point and strapped it on her waist. 

Luscious looked at the woman with pure concern, "What are you doing?" He whispered to her, although it wasn't aggressive, it was more so out of shock.

She looked at him and smiled, "Whatever the hell I want."

He sighed, and chuckled a bit, before grabbing her gun and putting it over her shoulder, slightly annoyed, but impressed that she seemed so...energetic, but he knew that her energy would go away, and soon, just like everybody else, it would fade into an empty feeling. 

Walking to the shuttle bay, with the other passengers, Luscious realized that the girl was tagging along with him, she was number eight, and he was number two, she needed to move back down the line, so he tried quietly motioning to get her to leave, but she just shook her head. He didn't want another person to die due to their ignorance, but he just let her remain, especially since she was holding a magazine that was bigger than his, so his and her survival rate has already dramatically increased. He just continued to move forward, entering the shuttle and sitting in his numbered slot, while the girl sat in slot number three. 

Luscious, "What are you doing?" He whispered with a hint of anger but tried to keep cool.

Without even answering his question the girl looked at him and chuckled, "Names Vexa.”

He didn't really know how to respond until Vexa stuck her hand out, so he just shook. 

"Yours?" Vexa asked, her energy was quite a lot to handle.

"Luscious," That's all he said, trying to oppose her energy.

Vexa, almost for the whole ride inside the shuttle, poked at him and flicked him in the shoulder once in a while. He just sat there, trying to remain calm due to her being an annoyance. 

They arrived, the shuttle doors opened, and they jumped out, every member, of two-hundred people. Luscious grabbed his gun and pulled back the bolt handle, loading the gun with a single bullet. Vexa however, loaded hers with three, and she just stuck her tongue directly at him. He began to realize she was just like this, she had a playful nature, annoying yes, entertaining, maybe a little. He scoped in looking around and saw what he was looking for fairly quickly, a singular creature roamed about, his hands were covered in blood, its face distorted, and clumps of its own flesh covered its left eye and mouth.

Luscious looked back at the rest of his team, "Coganie S-1, it's on the street." And just like that, everyone looked directly at the street it was trudging through.

Vexa looked at him, "You know you work for Coganie?"

Luscious looked at her, "Yeah, always have, they kept me safe."

She just looked annoyed, "Coganie isn't keeping you 'Safe' if they are So, very clearly forcing you into this." Her change in tone was abrupt, almost as if she knew far more than she would, or could tell. 

He didn't know what to say, or how to respond. It was hard, but maybe she was right. But how? He has been doing this his whole life, how could she know anything about what he has done, what he needs to do? Luscious just looked at her, "Prove to me you are correct, otherwise, drop it." He, unlike most people who live here, is willing to listen to reason, and listen to someone of a lower class. He adjusted his rifle and looked back through the scope, glaring at the street. The Creature was gone, he started to frantically scan the street, the rooftops, and the buildings. He didn't know where it was, where it is, and now he was desperately trying to find it, but now that it was gone, either the mission was over, or his team was.

Luscious stood up and threw the rifle back over his shoulder, he motioned to the rest of his team from the roof he was heading down, so he did, landing heavily on his feet and looking around, trying to make sure that this...demon was in sight.

Screaming, he heard screaming, the sound of flesh being torn heard with it, as he headed into the deep black shadows of the street ahead. Grabbing his pistol, and turning on the light, Luscious walked forward, drawn to darkness. 

The shuffling of the creature's feet could be heard, as was the sound of flesh being torn apart. Luscious couldn't see far ahead, and he didn't take enough caution to look below, so when he stepped on a metal grate, it wasn't quiet, at all. The creature's growling could be heard as were its footsteps, and they began to grow louder, the time between each step grew shorter, it was chasing him. Luscious began to run in the opposite direction, back into the moonlit street and back to the direct center, of where his team was. He was on the street, and they were on the roofs, ready to take the shot at the demon whenever they were ready.

He slipped into a small crawlspace to get out of the way, of the barrage of bullets that would soon cover this place. The Creature slowly walked out, and it seemed to just fade away, leaving a small glitchy trial behind where it was. Luscious came out of the crawlspace and looked around, confused, but slightly frustrated that the creature, that his team needed to capture, was gone.

Luscious, "Did anyone see where the creature went?!" He sounded worried, but more so shocked, they were never able to do what that creature did, none of the other ones could just, fade out of existence.  One man silently shook his head, which was enough for Luscious to know that it was gone. They missed their chance to kill it, and now it will kill everything. They had to catch it, Luscious knew that too well, he knew that if he didn't fix this, it was going to be the death of his team, except him, and number one. 

Then, in that moment, when everyone was thinking of their next action, the creature reappeared and tore through the team, killing one, then another, then another, without stopping, without thinking, without care. Luscious stood back and watched in horror, as he quickly thought to pull out his rifle, which he did, and he started firing the weapon at the beast, but each shot missed, it was moving too fast for him to react in time. He felt his arm being pulled into the crawlspace he was in before, he aimed his gun at what was pulling him in, before realizing it was human, it was Vexa. They both sat in there, Luscious wanted to fight but was horrified, and Vexa sat there, annoyed and a little tired.

She looked directly at Luscious, and spoke softly, "Give the creature time to breath, we will come back out when it's distracted, then, and only then, will you make your move."

Luscious nodded as if he understood what she was about to do, and he thought he did, but he was wrong. Vexa and Luscious waited about an hour, before she stepped out, and waved her hand for him to follow, in which he did. They slowly came out of the crawlspace, and into the now bright city streets, aluminated by the blue Sun.