From the View of My Horse | Teen Ink

From the View of My Horse

My story begins with so many stories; it would take a trilogy of books to tell. My name is Titan, which I am told fits my personality flawlessly because I tend to have big, bright characteristics that can be scary. I love to go as fast as I can and to be around my loved ones. My best friend is a 30 year old, short brunette man. We both like to eat all we can when it comes meal time.  However, he tends to get into more trouble than I do. I don’t really like it when my owner tells me to stop, when she is mad at me. However, I love to be with her, because she always gives my sweet cookies and lots of scratches. Now when she comes to see me, she makes the loud wind sound, the people call “A whistle.” I think it is called a treat sound, and sometimes, I just don’t feel like making the effort to move all the way to Maria to get a snack, when I perfectly happy in the sun.

My owner has been a life changer, when she came into my life, so much happened. She would come so many days in a row, and brush, ride and give me attention for hours. I feel like I can finally settle down, now that she has come. I guess, I am so comfortable that I can eat more. “I think you have gained a little weight there bud” Maria said as she patted my belly. I think that I look better this way, and she just rolls her eyes, so I think see does too.

Now when I am working, I find that things are not as scary as I thought they were. Although, I am not so sure about this other four legged creatures, people call “cats.” I don’t personally trust them. Once, I was spending time with my Maria, she was getting all the mud out of my foot and all of a sudden. “BANG!”

I jumped back on to all of my feet and looked over to see one of those silly “cats” had jumped down onto a barrel. My owner was not happy with me, when I had jumped; I land right on her foot. I felt so bad because I know how much bigger I am. I try to stay calm and watch for those big rabbits now because I don’t want to hurt her again.

Now that I become composed when I am around people, they have told me that I get to help with a real job. Maria told me that I have to behave really good because the new people that are coming to see me are not has balanced or good with creatures like me. I remember the first time I meet these different people. He was a tall man, who seemed different than the others. When he got on my back, I felt so many different emotions that I hadn’t felt sense the first time someone got on me as a colt.  He tried to ask me to walk, I think… but I couldn’t really tell until my owner helped me understand. This job was not my favorite. The man came each week, and he was always confusing me, until I got upset and tried to pull his reins out of his hands by slamming my head in to his reins making them come flying out of his hands. However, it only took one hot period for him to stop coming to see me.

None the less, the people keep trying to using me, this time for something different. It was a whole day of being ridden in circles by little people. Each one having  more energy than the other. I love these little people, and they seem to like me too, but the person who was with me to help translate for the small “kids” would want me just to stand still endlessly.  So I would try to show her I wanted to walk by moving into her, only to be asked to back away and stand. How was I supposed to use all this energy I was getting from these smaller versions of people? When it was time for them to leave, I felt an energy I have had in my heart too often. Those little people made me feel like I did when so many of my other owners did when they had to leave. They hugged my neck, and I just knew I would never see those cute little things again.

Although this job can be so annoying and boring sometimes, I have learned that the small people that come every week are lovely to be around. They are so happy to be with me, and they give me all the attention I could every want. So I am quite happy to slow my roll, and give them some love back. However, when my Maria comes to see me, and makes that noise for me to come get a cookie. I couldn’t be happier to give her a fast and crazy ride.