Blay's Royal Light | Teen Ink

Blay's Royal Light

IT'S NOT FINISHED

"All we are is curious, there's nothing wrong with that." Blay rang out the last note of her song and the crowd went wild. The lights went dark and her platform sank into the stage. Her knee-high boots tapped against the floor as she went backstage to talk to the crew. Blay's long blue and red hair curled around her waist into perfect ringlets. "Taylor, I need you!" A small girl with large glasses and braces came dashing around the corner.
"Yes Ms. Kris?"
"I need you to fetch me Jonas."
"As you like." Blay stepped into her dressing room. The familiar sights and smells calmed her after the excitement of the concert. A knock sounded gently at the door.
"Blay? You asked for me?"
"Jonas! I'm so glad you're here. I wanted to ask if there was a way we could schedule concerts in London, Miami, and Hollywood. They're my favorite city's, so I thought it would be cool to perform there."
Jonas smiled at the young pop star's enthusiasm. "I'm sure we could arrange that."
"Oh thank you Jonas! Thank you!" Blay bounced on her toes with the enthusiasm of a child with a new and wondrous toy. Jonas turned to leave and then spun back around.
"I was wondering if you wanted to come to dinner with me at 9 tonight." Jonas had turned bright red. He was 1 year Blay's senior and had been crushing on her since the day they met, when Blay was just starting her career at 16. He was also the prince of Lyon, France, which meant his parents were going to make him marry into royalty. He didn't have a chance to marry someone he loved, someone like Blay.
"Sure! Where are we going?"
"I hadn't decided yet. You can choose."
"Can we go to Crave? I heard they have a burger that has donuts instead of bread."
Jonas grinned. "Good choice. Of course we can go to Crave."
"Yes!" After Jonas left Blay started digging through her closet to find the perfect outfit. She knew Jonas had a crush on her, but she was fairly sure he didn't know she had a crush on him. A small poodle puppy jumped on her and started licking her face.
Blay laughed. "Get off me Majesty. I need to find an outfit for dinner with Jonas." Majesty barked at her. "Of course I like him. No Majesty, I don't think that this is a date. More like two people eating dinner together crushing on each other, talking." Majesty barked again. "Oh I guess when you put it like that it's sounds like a date. Fine, you win. It's a date." Majesty started chasing his tail, his mission completed. Meanwhile, in his smaller dressing room, Jonas was struggling to find a good outfit.
"No, no, outdated, boring, no." Clothes flew around the room, piling on top of a little cocker spaniel named Finnian. She barked indignantly. "Sorry Finn. I just need to find the perfect outfit. Not to casual, but not to dressy. After all, it's only burgers and fries." Finnian barked politely. "No Finn. It's not a date. We're just hanging out and eating dinner. Sure we're crushing on each other, but it's not a date." Finn glared at him. "Fine it's a date. You win. Now can you help me pick an outfit? I only have 20 minutes to get ready and pick up Blay." Finnian ran over to a pair of jeans, a t-shirt with Blay's logo on it, and a pair of blue tennis shoes. "Thanks Finn. You're the best." He slipped into the clothes, brushed his hair, and dashed out the door to go meet up with Blay. She was waiting for him by the back door of the stadium. Blay wore a bright blue short skirt, a purple t-shirt with a microphone on it, and green tennis shoes. Her hair was pulled back into a braided bun.
"Hey Jonas. Nice outfit!"
"Thanks! Finnian chose it for me. You look great as well."
"Finnian? And thank you. Majesty chose mine."
"Finnian's my cocker spaniel puppy. She's adorable and a little bossy. Finn's got an attitude. Who's Majesty?"
"Majesty's my poodle puppy. He's got a lot of energy. His favorite thing to do is chase his tail and destroy my room well doing it."