The Girl Next Door | Teen Ink

The Girl Next Door

By Kayla_Lawrence, Perry, Ohio
Kayla_Lawrence, Perry, Ohio

It was early in the morning. My mom woke me up really early in the morning to get ready for school. While I was getting ready I looked out my window to the house next to us.

Its been abandoned for 3 years and no one has wanted to buy it because it's been haunted for years. People say you hear sounds, creeks on the floor like someone's in the house and more creepy stuff that I don’t want to get into detail cause just talking about it makes me feel ill. “Until now”. A family of two moved into the haunted house. They looked like they weren’t scared of the house like they didn’t hear the stories people told about the house. Still that house creepy, I hear Booms at night and it makes me scared. So I never ever step on that lawn or go anywhere near that house. My mom comes upstairs and tells me are I ready, “I reply” yes mother. When I walked out of the house I took one look at the haunted house. It gave me the chills. So I walk to the bus stop.

I wait there for a few minutes and start to think where is the bus. So I look both ways of the street and still don’t see the bus. I go back to the house and tell my mom that the bus did not come. “She says” well guess I got to drive you to school again. But then I told my mom that I think the rain has given me a fever. “She says” oh sweaty stay home while I go to work I’ll bring home some medicine when I’m done with work. Ok, now my mom has left to go to work. While having the house to myself I might as well sleep all day. Ding dong”. I wonder who that is. I open the door. It's my mom. She holding bags of food and some soup. When she said it was dinner time she started warming up the soup. She got the soup I loved when I was sick but anyways it would still be bad if I told her that I lied to her and then she might get mad for me skipping school. It was getting late and it was almost time for bed. My mom was telling me to get ready for school and I moaned like always. My mom said that I should not give her that tone but I do it anyways. And sometimes she buys it. It was almost time for bed mom told me to go and brush my teeth. So after I brushed I went straight to bed. It was early in the morning. I passed out last night because I had to brush my teeth really well last night because in a few days I will be going to the dentist and I really hate sharp things they just make my body panic.

My mom told me to hurry up because the bus would be in front of our house soon. So I started doing things a little faster. And got out of the door just in time right before the bus got in front of the house. The bus was almost close to the school I was making sure that I had everything that I need. I think I maybe did it like five times just to make sure I had everything with me. When I did the last check, “I was like” ok I got everything I need. When I got in the school I was trying to find my first class. But I was already lost. I got to say this school is pretty large. While I was wondering around I found a teacher and asked him “do you know where this room is cause I'm lost. He said, “well yes I do mam do you need help finding that room, this school is pretty big mam so I understand how you got lost”. I guess I took the wrong turn. Hey, it's not fun being in a new school that’s like twice as bigger than the other one. Excuse me, mam, I forgot to tell you my name. My name is Mr. Sachar. But that's my last name my name in total is Louis Sachar. Well, Mr. Sachar, can you direct me to my class. Mr. Sachar “oh yes I forgot about that, sorry miss”. Amelia “no it's kinda my fault because I should be in class right now but I don't know where it is sorry”. Mr. Sachar “ go up the stairs then go right your classroom will be right there on your right”. Amelia “thanks”. When I get in the room Ms. Charlotte asked why was late and I tell her that I got lost. Ms. Charlotte said “ok but next time don’t be late next time Amelia. OK, I won't be late next time Ms. Charlotte. The last school bell rings. I’m happy that school has finally finished. I can now go home and rest and maybe watch some youtube and Netflix. When I walked through the door I noticed that my mom was not home which was weird because she always gets home before I do. So I pulled out my phone and texted my mom. I waited a minute no respond. I waited two more minutes. I start panicking because my mom always responds when I text her. The only times she doesn't text me is when something bad has happened and I’m the next target. But then I think it over, what if my mom is trying to scare me. Because it is almost Halloween. When I go up to my room> I put my backpack on the floor. Then when I'm about to open the closet my mom jumps out and scares me half to death. I tell her why she did that. “She says” oh dear did you forget what today is. I say what. “She says its Halloween”. Oh.

It was the next morning. I woke myself up very early. Because I didn’t want her to wake me up in the morning. Because she would tell me to do this that and to hurry up and I did not want to hear any of that. So when I was done and ready to go that's when my mom woke up and went into my room and says “Amelia wake up we woke up late”. And I say “ mom I'm down here”.Oh, Amelia how did you already get ready. Uh, I woke up before you because I didn't want you telling me what to do over and over. When it was time to leave the house I went to go and grab my phone but it was not charging. My mom does a little giggle, “sweaty it overhear on the table next to your backpack. When I walked into the school went straight to my locker and put away what I don't need and grabbed what I do need. When I got to my first class Ms. Charlotte said: “Amelia you got here on time and even the first one in here congratulation for not being late again”. Thx Ms. Charlotte. Ms. Charlotte “ok class lets began learning about math”. Oh great so guys who are reading this, we're going to skip to this part because when she starts talking she won't stop. “Ring”. School is over finally, I don't get to be bored anymore. When I walk through the door and put my stuff on the ground. I noticed that my mom was not home again> but when I thought that she was going to try to scare me, I go and look at the fridge and see a note that says “Amelia I'm going to be staying at work late so don't panic I'm just staying late❦”. Ok so now I know that my mom is staying late for work what should I do then. Well, I think I'm just gonna go to bed and get up early like I did today so I don't have to hear my mom tell me what to do and how to do it.It was early in the morning. My mom woke me up because it was Saturday and we were going to go somewhere for breakfast. We were going to Ihop. It’s a restaurant that serves you pancakes and burgers to. I always get the chocolate pancake because chocolate is my favorite. Like who does not like chocolate. Cause if they don't then their insane. So when we walk through the doors I can smell the sweet smell of chocolate pancakes. 

It was early in the morning. My mom woke me up because it was Saturday and we were going to go somewhere for breakfast. We were going to Ihop. It’s a restaurant that serves you pancakes and burgers to. I always get the chocolate pancake because chocolate is my favorite. Like who does not like chocolate. Cause if they don't then their insane. So when we walk through the doors I can smell the sweet smell of chocolate pancakes.