My Experience in Motherhood | Teen Ink

My Experience in Motherhood

By kittycat22901, Lincoln, Nebraska
kittycat22901, Lincoln, Nebraska

“Music is always a healer. Music has never let me down. I know it’s my religion. There’s the idea that you can’t truly know happiness until you know sadness, so how can you heal yourself unless you’ve hurt yourself? I’m still figuring out who I am, but I know that I’m not who I was." ~ Brendon Urie

I woke up to the annoying beep of my alarm. I slapped my hand down on the snooze and cuddled under my blankets, when a sudden feeling of nausea hit me. I jumped up out of bed and ran to the bathroom. Feeling my stomach emptying with every breath.

I whipped my mouth and flushed the toilet. I washed my hands and unlocked the door. I walked out the door and straight into my mom.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah. But I need to get ready for school or I am gonna be late.” I forced a smile on my face. My mom moved over to the side and I walked into my room. I found a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a faded Panic! At the disco tee. I sat down at my vanity and proceed to put my makeup on. I brushed through my hair and then put on a pair of old Chucks.

I walked over to my desk and grabbed my laptop. I shoved it into my bag and walked out into the kitchen. I walked over to the covenant and grabbed peanut butter and a granola bar. I sat it down on the counter and opened the peanut butter. I peeled the wrapper off of the granoler bar and stuck in into the peanut butter. My mom walked in and made a gross face.

“ What are you eating?”

“ S’mores granola bar in peanut butter.”

“That is disgusting.”

I shrug my shoulders and scarf down the rest of my food. I look at the clock on the stove. “Crap, I gotta go, love you bye.” I kiss my mom check and grab my keys. I run out to my beat up black 1967 chevy impala that me and my grandpa fixed up. I get into the driver's seat and through my bag in the backseat.

The engine roars to life and I peel out of the driveway. I drive down the road and turn into my best friends driveway. She comes running out and climbs into the passenger's seat through the window.

“Teddy bear you know that the door opens right?”

“Yes, but where’s the fun in that.” I laugh and pull out of her driveway.

“ So is it gonna be Scooters or Starbucks?” I ask as I plug my phone into the AUX cord and turn on Panic!’s new album.

“Let's go with Scooters today!” I laugh and pull into the parking lot of scooters. We climb out of my car and start walking towards scooters. Teddy is super far ahead of me due to her enormously long legs.

“Wait up! I have short legs remember!” I called after her.

By the time I got up to the door she was already inside ordering. I walked up to the counter. Molly, my neighbor, was working,

“Hey Molly can we get our usuals?”

“Yeah sure thing.” She said with a smile on her face. No doubt her pepe attitude was from one to many expressos. I scan the cafe, a few college kids, who look like they haven’t slept in days. Most likely up working on papers that were way over due. I could hear the click, clack of Molly's heels approaching. So your normal is a large peanut butter power and a large Snickers candy bar blender?”

“Yupperdoodles” A smile spreads across my face as my favorite person walks in, my boyfriend, Ethan. Ethan and I have been together for 5 years. My mom loves him and his parents love me. He has proposed but that's a secret between me,him, and of course teddy. He sits across from me and grabs my hand.

“ How is my princess doing today?” He kisses my hand and looks at my ring finger. He sighs and looks up at me. “Where's your ring, do you not like it?” I quickly looked at my hand and realized I left it in my pocket. I reach in my pocket and put it on. I smiled and looked at it. It was a small ring with white diamonds around the band and in the center was a blue diamond in the middle, It was a family heirloom. Teddy walked over and made a fake gagging sound. I giggled and checked the time. “Okay as much as I’d love to stay and hang, but we have to get to school. I can’t get detention I have a gig after school, and all it takes is one more tardy for a detention.”

Ethan laughed and helped me down. I grabbed my drink and grabbed his hand, we walked hand and hand down to my car. Ethan opens my door for me and I climb in. Teddy swiftly climbs into the passenger side and the engine roars to life. “I’ll race you there!” I call out to Ethan as he climbs into his 2009 chevy camaro. “Not fair!” He called out. I took of down the street and get stopped at a red light. Ethan pulled up beside us. I rolled down the passenger window to hear him. “How fast can that old piece of trash go?!” He yelled out. “Hey! Watch it I love baby more than I love you sometimes and on top of that, baby can go faster than any car made after it.” The light turned green and I took off going 85 in a 45 zone. In my dust all I could see was Ethan and his slow piece of crap camaro.

I pulled into the school parking and parked in the senior parking lot. It was close to the school, I got one of the extra maternal parking spots, I ended up paying extra for a closer parking spot but it was better in the long run. Ethan pulled up and honked his horn.

“You cheated. I know you did.”

“ I didn’t cheat, my car is just better.” I winked and grabbed my bag from the backseat. I started walking up to the school and felt a tug on my bag. I stumbled back and caught myself on whoever was behind me. I look up and begging to laugh at myself realizing it was Teddy.

“You left me so I decided to pull you back to me.” She smiled at me and we both started walking to 1st period. I walked up to Mrs. walldorf and hugged her. I took in the sent of her perfume, something I normally love, and start gagging. I quickly back away from her and run for the bathrooms.

I bolt into the women's room and I feel the familiar feeling of the day, my stomach starts emptying. “ Anastashia, you in here!” Teddy yelled from the doorway. “You guessed it Teddy bear.” I weakly told her. I pushed opened the stall and struggled to pull myself up. She rushed over to me and helped me. I stood up perfectly fine after a few minutes of splashing a bunch of water on my face. “ Honey, are you alright?” Teddy asked handing me a paper towel. “Yeah it’s probably just my period.” I grabbed my phone and went into my calendar. My heart stopped when I saw that, I , was in fact late on my period.