WWII Story

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

Day One

Explosives drop from the sky over a small village in Germany. Munchen to be exact. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Hi my name is Olivia Alt. I live in a small village called Munchen Germany. And, well, it’s war time. 1940 to be exact. Germany has just invaded Poland. Why? I have no bloody idea. All that matters is they did. Bombs have been dropping for months with no end in sight. Huge explosions are heard from near and far. Oh how i wish it could all end, and soon. I would do anything to get out of here. As soon as i said that the explosions seemed to have stopped, or get farther away. I couldn’t tell. Before i could finish my thought there was a knock at the door. I knew i was in trouble considering i was home alone and i hadn’t seen my parents in weeks. So i kept them knocking. Never answering. Waiting for them to go away. But they didn’t. They blew the door off and rushed into my house as if they owned it. Looking from between the floorboards i saw they were Nazi soldiers holding MP40’s at the waist. Then they started to search the house for anything important. Food, Clothing, and even people to recruit. I started to panic. I quickly started to grab important objects around my room. A ball cap, a change of socks, and a small knife i found in the road years ago. Once i was done packing i threw the bag out of my window. Once the bag hit the ground i made a running jump out the window and burst through the glass that was left in the wall and landed hard on the ground. With a piece of glass two inches long sticking out of my arm i grabbed the bag and ran like hell down the nearest alley. Escaping was the easy part, getting out of town the gonna be the hard part. As i ran down the street looking for an alley to hide in i saw the same guards that broke into my home. Once i saw them i changed direction and ran back towards my home. As i was running i saw more and more soldiers realizing they had invaded the town. I kept running. Never stopping until i reached my home. When i reached my home i would try and find the map of the town my father had kept in a drawer beside his bed. With the glass still in my arm a ran into my home and started to run up the stairs to my parents bedroom. When i ran in i saw that there was a leg laying on the floor from behind the bed. But there was no time to figure out whose it was. I grabbed the map and started to run back down the stairs and run out the door. I unfolded the map to see where i was and which way i should really be running to get away from everything. As i looked upon the map to find where i was at. I looked around me to find any landmarks. As i looked around the area i noticed i was near the town square. I started to sneak around the block to get closer to the edge of town. As i ran down the street, i would see a squadron of soldiers, and i would duck behind a nearby trash bin and wait for them to pass with my blade drawn incase of any conflict. As they walked by i would remain as still as possible not to make any noise. Once they passed i ran as silently as possible. Once i got to the end of street i ran as quickly as possible not caring about the noise i made. All i knew was that i had to get out. I just kept running, faster and faster until i reached the country just outside of town. Once i got there i was able to walk and catch my breath. When i was done catching my breath, i went out in search of food. Whilst looking for food i meet a strange man walking through a field. He was one of the allied boys from the US. He was covered head to toe in dirt. He had taken off his jacket at one point to make for easier mobility. As well he was carrying a Thompson submachine gun to his side banging against his right leg. He started to walk up to me at a quicker pace, limping from a bullet wound he was given a couple of days ago. He started to pick up speed and almost ran with a limp. I started to panic. I pulled out my knife and got in a ready stance. He noticed me pull out my knife and quickly grabbed his gun dangling from his side. I quickly put my knife away and ran to hide behind a nearby tree. He put his weapon down and walked slowly toward the tree i was hiding behind. He spoke with a smooth voice, a very reassuring man, he used kind words to calm me down. He approached slowly, reached out for my hand. I grabbed his hand. His hands were soft, soothing even, hands you wish you could hold all day long. He asked where i was going. I answered. I told him i was just trying to get away from germany at any cost. He said he would help me get to the UK. As i looked up at him he smiled at me and took my hand once again and we started to walk away from the town. We reached a campsite that belonged to allied powers. I was scared to go near anyone. I hide behind the man clinging tight to his arm as if my life depended on it. He told me i would be fine but i wasn’t too sure what to think about all the new people. He started to walk toward a green tent with a red cross above the enterey flaps. It appeared to be some sort of medical bay. He was greeted by a man dressed in a normal soldiers outfit but with a red cross on one of the arms. He gestured the man towards a small bed towards the back of the tent. He laid him down on the bed and started to look at the bullet in his leg. I felt real uneasy while standing there in my dirty slightly burned clothes. As men walked in and out of the tent i felt the cold dagger like stares of the men. I got more uneasy as time went one. Once the man was all patched up we started to go meet the general. As we walked into the tent we were stopped by many people that seemed to be friends of the man that found me. We walked into the tent and were greeted by the general. As he stood up the man saluted him. It was quite odd that he did that, i still have no real idea why he did. Anyway back to the story. The two men started to talk in military talk. Just like with the salut i still don’t know what they were talking about. The man tried to tell me what was going on. He told me he was going to help me get to the US. I told him at the time i understood what he said, but i didn’t. I had to lie to him just to get out of there. He told me we would have to leave in a month due to supplies only coming in once a month. He then showed me where i would be staying for the next two weeks. I would be getting my own tent with the man that meet me because he was the only one i could trust. Once the sun went down i went to my tent to lay down on my bed and fall asleep. For once i had good sleep. I wasn’t woken up by the sound of gunfire for the first time in months.

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »