Satan's Dirty Plan: Heaven's Gate | Teen Ink

Satan's Dirty Plan: Heaven's Gate

By MercadezLuvsU2 SILVER, Battle Creek, Michigan
MercadezLuvsU2 SILVER, Battle Creek, Michigan

Author's note:

"I never thought that people would understand my urge to write eveerything down. I mean not everyone loves English class, I did. I would go home and write everyday, I loved it alot. Then after a short period I stopped writing. I needed to focus on my school work but now, I am focusing on both things. And I'm going to be a writer somehow, It's my dream job. I will be a Author"

I thought really hard, I wanted to involve imagery.

His plan was to find her and open the gate to heaven. God's plan was to protect her and make sure that didn't happen. A small fragile girl destined for greatness or destruction. She needed a protector, someone to help her with whatever Satan threw at her. Because of this, God entrusted his Angel's son to protect her: Justin Lorraine, son of Ariel Angel Of Nature and Son of Michael Convex, a mundane. God of course hoped that it would be a success, but Satan had a different idea and wasn't letting God off that easy. Yet no one expected Satan and his fellow fallen Angels would be easy on them, actually they intend it to be hell for them.

Adalyn Santiago a small town girl with long black elbow length hair. Her soft blue eyes twinkled in the sunlight, and her perfectly perfect smile exploded when she woke up. She was going back home to Bristol, Virginia to go home and be greeted by her loving adoptive parents. Her actual father just had died, and her parents bought her a plane ticket to New Mexico to attend the funeral. To make things worse for her, she didn't shed a single tear for her father. Everyone else stared at her and we're angry. Adalyn didn't feel like she belonged, so she left early after she said her goodbyes.

After she got out of the cab, she was now standing in front of her abnormally large house. The windows were surrounded by large red shutters around the sides, inside the windows you could see small items. They were small things her and Cole (her adoptive brother) made when they were little. A huge smile covered her face and her luggage filled her hands. She felt ecstatic, she was finally home. She gracefully walked in the house and closed the door, setting her luggage on the floor. It was unusually quiet, so she wandered the house. The smell of Vanilla extract hit her nostrils, and a sly smile formed.

She wasn't alone.

Usually the smell of Vanilla extract was because someone made a cake, and that meant everyone hiding in a dark room ready to jump out and yell "Surprise'!" Yet she found herself staring into a dark living room, the smile was still plastered on her face as she strutted in. The light switch was on the left side of the wall, she pushed it up and the lights flickered for a moment before the light filled the room. The smile that was on her face disappeared fast. Blood covered the walls and floor, bodies were scattered around. In front of her was a gold ridged mirror, it was as big as 5'4. She glanced up and saw herself soaked in blood, holding a knife covered in the same red substance that stained her clothes. Adalyn opened her mouth and let out a loud ear piercing scream.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

'"It was only a dream" thought Adalyn. She pushed her hair back, out of her sweaty flustered face. She felt a rush of relief when she removed her covers and jumped out of bed. Her room was utterly messy, only because of her drawings being scattered everywhere.

"Adalyn, it's almost time for school get up!" Shouted her mother, Ms. Montague.

"I'm coming mother."

After twenty minutes of looking in her closet for today's clothes, she found a black tank top, and dark blue ripped jeans. Adalyn had searched her entire room for her white Converses, after what seemingly felt like hours, she found them behind her bedpost. Not knowing how they got there she pushed them on, laughing to herself just as she remembered that she tossed them after being angry with her mom. A few days back they had a disagreement on how she should dress, of course Adalyn gave her a long speech. Freedom is freedom, she told her mother so therefore, I should express myself. A quick glance in the mirror for one last look before she ran downstairs to meet with her mother. It was a rainy cold day, so she had to throw on a her favorite jacket that laid neatly at the kitchen table. The window had rain drops all scattered around and the grass was wet and freshly cut. Her mother had the window open so she could smell the rain, and fresh cut grass. But she didn't mind at all, her mother's cooking was extraordinary. The smell of French toast filled her nostrils. Today was the first day of school, and She was happy it was. Her best friend Alex went to California to meet his long lost sister, Which meant she hadn't been able to see her best friend all year, which was very devastating, she had nobody to confide with.

On the kitchen table in front of Ms. Montague was a plate full of fruits, varied from apples to multi colored grapes. Adalyn's favorite breakfast dish.

"How are you sweetie?" asked Adalyn's mom as Adalyn grabbed a piece of apple and took a single bite.

"So far so good. Though I can't wait for school. Alex is supposed to be there, and I haven't seen him in forever."

Her mother stopped making the French toast for Cole, her other adopted child, Adalyn's brother, and glanced at Adalyn mischievously.

"Mom, stop, It's nothing like that." Her mother wiggled her eyebrows and waited. "MOM! Don't you have other stuff to do other than bother me with questions that aren't even your business? Alex and I are just friends." Adalyn said through her teeth.

"Sure you are." Cole walked sheepishly into the kitchen still in his pajamas. He brushed his hair back and yawned, then he took what was left of Adalyn's apple from her fingertips and threw it in his mouth.

"Hey, that's mine!" yelled Adalyn as she punched Cole in his left arm.

"I don't see you eating it."

"Whatever, why are you even agreeing with Mom, she's totally wrong?"

"Sure, then why did I catch you and Alex kissing on the roof before he left?"

She gasped in horror and the spatula fell on the ground with a loud thump. "ADALYN MARIA-LYNN SANTIAGO YOU DID WHAT?"

"I did not kiss Alex, we were just talking, and he kissed my cheek. Big deal. Now out of my way and stop pestering me with questions, I have school." After a few shoves and annoying looks she managed to get out of the house and walk to the school.

Haven High School was a brightly colored school, it contained white and red. It was magnificent and rather large, bigger than most schools, maybe five houses put together. While it was beautiful, the school did have a few jerks, jocks, cheerleaders, prude people, you name it they're probably there. Adalyn walked up towards the school's sign and spotted Alex chatting with a few guys. They were laughing and playing around. A short blonde boy was wrestling with Alex, while two boys who looked like twins were staring down at their phones. She caught a glimpse of Alex's smile and walked up to him. He turned and noticed Adalyn walking towards him. He ran up to her, picked her up, and strangled her in a huge suffocating hug. "Alex, I can't breathe." He automatically let go and smiled.

"I've missed you Adalyn. Damn you changed a lot, You're taller, your hair is definitely longer."

"Well, I guess so. I can say the same for you, you actually look mature. How was the trip, was it worth it?"

"I guess, she mostly left to get drunk or buy some cocaine."

"Oh my, Alex I'm sorry. If I knew it was that bad I wouldn't have said anything."

"It's alright Adalyn." Once he said that someone bumped into Adalyn and knocked her down onto the cold pavement. She looked up to see who did it, and saw a young boy with dirty blonde hair and green eyes staring down at her. He put out his hand and cursed underneath his breath,

"I'm sorry I didn't see you there." She took his outstretched hand and got back onto her feet, she wiped her pants off and sent a glare at the boy.

"Obviously you didn't see me, cause if you did you wouldn't have made me fall."

"Right, well my name's Justin Lorraine I'm kinda new here. Mind helping me out?" He held his schedule out and waited. She didn't want to be rude to someone new, especially after he didn't mean to bump into her. She looked at his schedule and read all his classes. He had the exact same schedule as she did except for seventh hour he had gym class.

"We have the same classes except the last hour, gym class. Alex has gym for that hour you could walk with him to that class." Justin hovered over slightly, only being about a few inches taller than her. Adalyn, who was just about to ask Alex about his mother, who was in the hospital due to her cancer when Justin opened his mouth.

"Alright, thanks. "Are you by any chance Adalyn Santiago?"

"Yes, why?" Adalyn said unsurely, she kept her eyes focused on him.

"I ran into someone and they said you'd most likely help."

"Right, well let's head to English. See you later Alex." Thoughts ran through her head, but she shook it off.

"Bye Adalyn."

English Class was on the far left wing of the school. We had Mr. Sanchez and he was WONDERFUL. Yes, Mr. Sanchez was a little strict, but at other times he could be a little... empty-headed. Mr. Sanchez sometimes doesn't think before he tries to do something. A year ago he was dared by a student to get on his desk, dance and sing Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor. Of course, he did it and got caught by the principal. He was a short, stubborn man with thick brownish blonde hair that he always put up in a ponytail. Most of the girls in the school swooned over him, and for Adalyn​ it made her completely sick. She respected Mr. Sanchez, but she never swooned over him. Her mind was never on boys and the social life like others were. But, then again why wasn't it?

Adalyn found two opened seats in the back, she threw her bag on the ground and sat in the chair sighing. Justin followed her every move except he didn't have a bag with him, only a few pencils in the pocket of his jeans. Mr. Sanchez was welcoming the class with a full smile and small hand shakes.. He was known to keep the class engaged in learning. Crazy right!?

"Good morning class, some of you already know who I am, but to those who don't I am Mr. Sanchez." He exclaimed happily, he had a serious look and examined the class.

"Good morning Mr. Sanchez." The class said in sync, some boys rolled their eyes at the girls who were all wondrously drooling at the teacher.

"Alright so today is the first day of school and I would like to do something different." The whole class was quiet, not a single sound came from anyone or anything. "The person next to you will be your partner for the whole year. Any assignments you receive will be done with that very person, I suggest you get to know them as of now. You have twenty minutes to do so, get to it." Adalyn squirmed in her seat and wrinkled the bridge of her nose. Just as she looked to her left to see Justin, he was already looking at her making eye contact almost instantly.

"So, we're partners," Justin smirked slightly and looked at the ground. She looked at his face, and held a puzzled look. "Is something wrong?" Justin looked up from his gaze and chuckled, he took out his pencil and waited for the sheet to reach them. Mr. Sanchez had already thought of questions for us to ask each other, and he had so cleverly printed them out. Once they got their papers, Adalyn stared intensely at the paper.

1. What is your name?
2. What is your ethnicity, race?
3. Where are you from?

"What kind of questions are these?" Justin asked as he glanced over to her.

"I don't know, let's ask our own I suppose." Adalyn suggested.

"Agreed." Justin replied ghastly, he thought the questions were rather stupid as well.

"Why are you here?"

"I-well, my parents kind of left me. I'm staying here with a Aunt actually."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound rude..."

"Oh, no! It's quite alright. I don't mind really..."

"Right, I still am sorry." Adalyn mumbled, as Justin slouched in his chair and combed his hair neatly back, but it bounced back and touched his lightly tanned forehead.

Class was over soon but it felt like hours to Adalyn. She felt bad that she fell asleep while Mr. Sanchez was explaining the rules and expectations to the class. Normally Adalyn would pay attention, but for some odd reason she didn't feel right, like something was wrong with her. Of course, she didn't know what was going on with her but it was different once she reached the school. Maybe it was the anxiety, but she never was nervous towards anything that involved school. Her next class was Math with Ms. Collins, she had light tanned skin and fiery red hair. Her eyes were emerald green, she wore big black glasses that almost took up her face. She is a very sweet, kind, and gentle teacher. She tries her hardest to help kids with understanding their education.

"Good Morning Ms. Santiago, how are you?" Ms. Collins said coolly, Adalyn smiled at Mrs. Collins as she stroked her hair back behind her ears.

"I'm doing really well, and I hope you are doing good as everyone else." Adalyn replied eagerly, she wanted to go and sit after the long walk to this class, it was about four hall ways away from English. Ms. Collins nodded her head and let Adalyn in to pick her seat, once she entered the classroom the sun shined into her eyes temporarily blinding her. Once she moved out of the way, and found a nearby seat. She immediately sat down and tossed her bag underneath the desk. Everyone was now in the class, either sitting at a desk or in a circle talking to friends. Ms. Collins walked in quietly, she cleared her throat and began to talk.

"Hello class, my name is Ms. Collins. Today will be quick and easy, I have a seating chart all arranged. When I turn o the projector please find your seats and sit quietly." Mrs. Collins said softly, she calmly walked to her small, brown desk and turned the projector on.

Adalyn looked for her name, finally after passing a few names she found hers. Her eyes traveled to the name on projector board, it couldn't be.

Justin Lorraine.

He was assigned next to her, Was that a coincidence?

She wondered why he was placed next to her, but then she shook it off. She didn't need to question everything, she needed to focus on what's really important like school and life. But the same question ran through her head, is this a coincidence?

"Adalyn Santiago were waiting." Adalyn dropped her gaze and looked up at the teacher.

"What?" Adalyn asked anxiously, as she chewed her eraser.

"I've asked you a question, have you been paying attention at all?" Ms. Collins questioned angrily, she had her hands on her hips and glasses were on the bridge of her nose.

"I'm sorry, what was the question?" Adalyn stopped chewing her eraser and furrowed her eyebrows.

"I asked you to define Cube Root"

"Right- Um, It's a number that when multiplied three times equals a given number." Adalyn stammered, she hated talking in front of everyone. It's really hard, having all those eyes staring at you. All waiting for you to get it wrong or make a fool of yourself, so then when that happens that's the time they get to laugh and made fun of you. Adalyn received goosebumps after thinking about the stares, Justin turned his head and laughed quietly. Adalyn turned her head slightly and glared furiously at Justin. "What's so funny Lorraine?" Adalyn asked with a sneer. Justin opened his mouth but then closed it, he wanted to choose his words carefully. Adalyn didn't seem like the type of person you should piss off. After awhile of silence and shared glares between the two, Justin finally spoke.

"I just thought it was funny, Adalyn if I hurt your feelings it wasn't intentionally." Justin smiled and held an apologetic look in his eyes.

"Yeah okay, Whatever you say Justin." Adalyn turned her attention to the teacher, even if she wasn't really paying attention to the teacher at all.

"So, what were you thinking about anyways?" Justin turned his head and leaned forward towards her ear.

"It's nothing important, really." Justin lifted his eyebrows in confusion.

"Adalyn, I can tell if someone is lying."

"I'm not lying." Adalyn turned herself to face Justin.

"You are. But it's alright I don't need to know what your thinking about, I was just curious." Adalyn shrugged her shoulders and turned to the teacher once again.

3 Class hours later.

Adalyn marched across the cafeteria to her usual spot. Three girls, Anna, Tali, and Rochelle​ sat side by side. They were freshmen short blonde girls, Anna and Rochelle had black glasses and freckles. Alex sat across them, eating a cheeseburger with bacon and lettuce. The three girls got up and left Alex once she approached them. "What's their problem?" Adalyn said with a sneer, usually the girls would stay and have a friendly chat.

"Because I didn't give them this."

And that's when he gave me a bright blue invitation.

"What is this?" Adalyn asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Adalyn just read it." Alex said irritated with Adalyn's questions.

This was it...

A fight scene, was like the most hardest thing to write. Because all of the discriptiveness I needed was knid of hard to write. But I thought I did pretty well.

The invitation was bright blue with black lettering on the front. I was staring down at it while it sat on the dark chocolate brown table. I was deciding whether to read it or not, but I knew what it was already. Alex gave me it, and automatically I knew it was a invite to a party. Alex's party. It wasn't that I didn't want to go, because I really did he's my best friend. But what the problem is, who was invited

I sighed heavily as I reached for the invitation, still debating. Even though I was being hesitant, I eventually opened it slowly.

Adalyn Santiago
You are invited to Alex Preston's Party.

When: Tomorrow ( 8/8/17)
Time: 9:30pm - 3:00am
Where: 562 Columbia Ave

Everyone Is Invited.

A rush of distress rained over me after my eyes found the words, everyone is invited. This was going to be horrible, why?

Well meet Christine Margins, the head cheerleader of the Eagles cheer squad. She's stubborn and thinks she is everything, she is the worst person to be around. They get what they want, and yeah they're pretty. But they are way more uglier than you think. Actions speak louder than words, well they take up the opportunity to do both.

I took my phone out of my blue jeans pocket.

Me: Hey Alex, So about the party.

Alex: Hey, What's up?

Me: You didn't invite Anne, Kendra, Tina, and Christine did you?

Alex: I might've, your still coming aren't you?

Me: Yeah, I guess. I'll avoid those girls, but Alex this doesn't seem like you at all. Having a party without your parents knowing.

Alex:  Adalyn its just a party, and look people change.

Me: Yeah, sure. See ya later.

Alex: Bye Adalyn

I sighed, what has gotten into Alex? He hasn't been himself lately. He was a good child, yes he occasionally got into fights, but that was to Protect me. I shrugged this off eventually, because it was too much to think about, I had to get ready for the stupendous party. I strutted over to my closet and opened the doors, a loud creak spilled out, my closet had different types of clothing from casual to down right sexy. But usually I go with casual, so therefore, tonight I will get my most beautiful and down right sexy dress, because this is a once in a life time opportunity. I scavenged through my small broom like closet for that very dress, and there it was.

It was a black laced two piece dress, my mom gave that to me last year, and I never wore it. I was always scared that Christine will call me names like whore and slut. It had short sleeves, and clenched my skin. It fit perfectly, I rushed to my vanity where my shoes laid, rummaging through them and throwing the shoes behind me to look for the perfect black high heeled boots. They reached about an inch above my ankles and had a small black belt around them. I didn't even bother with my make-up, I was the kind of girl who was pretty without makeup. My long black hair was braided back to my skull and loose strands stood out, but in a cute way. I looked at the mirror and smiled. I looked different, but in a good way. "Ding." I ran over to my bed and grabbed my phone and opened it. Alex started his party early,

Alex: Video sent

Me: Why did you send that?

Alex: Why does it matter?

Me: Look, I didn't ask for you to be a ass about it. Don't expect me to come now. Some best friend you are.

I chucked my phone at the wall and watched it crash and fall. How could he send a picture of him and Christine on each other? He was my best friend, and she was my enemy. I growled in anger, I wasn't going to let this affect my time and fun at a party. I grabbed my car keys and ran off down the​ stairs pushing pass Cole, who was eating a bowl of dry cereal. "Watch it!" Cole shouted behind me, I ignored him and stalked off to my silver BMW parked in the garage. I yanked the door open, hopped in and put my keys in the ignition. I pushed down on the gas pedal and flew backwards, I raced down the street and drove to his house. 'I'm going to have a great time, with or without my best friend.' Racing across the street,
-Maine- I parked across the street. Turning off the car and sat still and stared at the house. I sat and thought to myself. "Why am I here, People might talk?" I growled at myself and asked for my confidence, noticing it had demolished when Alex sent me the video. Betrayal is hard, it hurts, it stings. Why trust someone so much, only to get betrayed? Because I am stupid for trusting him that much.

"Bang, bang." I turned to see a drunk douche banging my car, struggling to stand up. I rolled my eyes and I bounce out of my car and rustled for my keys. Closing the door loud enough to startle the drunken idiot, who was still staggering around my vehicle. The house stood directly in front of my, maybe I exaggerated a little, maybe 5 feet away from me. It was about five stories high, and contained 6 rooms on each floor. Alex's house was just recently painted pure white and tan brown, his windows were replaced, wider this time. But tonight his place was trashed. Toilet paper every where, beer cans scattered around his yard. I shook my head in disbelief, and glided my way up his drive way towards his front door.

About halfway to his door and I could hear people yelling and chanting "Fight, Fight, Fight!" Then a loud crash right after the chanting dialed down. I ran up faster to the door and ripped it open, I saw Alex and Sam (His adorable older brother) fighting against Marcus and Lucas Malory, the biggest jerks of the school. Just as Marcus was about to punch Alex, without warning I was pushed into the middle of their fight, and a fist slammed into my jaw and I fell on the ground holding my cheek. The crowd went silent and look back and forth between all of us. Alex bent down and removed my hand from my jaw, I saw a flash of anger in his eyes just as he turned away from me and eyed Marcus. "What the hell?" Alex clenched his fist to his sides and stood a foot away from Marcus. "How was I supposed to know some b**** was going to intervene?" With those words being said Alex shot his fist out and it collided with Marcus left eye, and that didn't stop Alex. He pounced on top of Marcus and dropped him to the ground, throwing hits every which way. "Alex, Stop it now." I said calmly, Alex didn't stop at all, instead he kept hitting him, bruising his knuckles. "I said STOP Alex!" Alex turned around still sitting on Marcus, making eye contact with me. He saw the disgust and sadness in my eyes and got up hesitantly, making his way to me. "Party over. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE." Everyone left quickly, leaving their mess behind, the floor was almost covered in cookies, chips, wrappers and cans. As soon as the rooms were clear and his yard, Alex turned his attention to me. "Why the hell did you have to intervene?"Alex yelled at me, I looked at him startled.

"I didn't Intervene, Alex I was pushed!" I shouted at him, his eyes were dark, and his nostrils flared, I knew he was mad, really mad. "Right, sure. Why don't you do me a favor and stop trying to ruin my life." Some of Alex's words don't hurt me as much as the words he said just now. "Great to know that I f*** up your life, I've sacrificed loads for you, and when something happens it's all my fault? I hate you Alex, I really do, I don't know who you are anymore." My eyes filled with tears, I wasn't going to let him see me cry, no I wasn't going to show him I'm weak. So, I turned around and started to walk away, that's when I let the tears fall. "Adalyn wait!" I started to walk faster hoping I would reach my car before he reached me. But, that wasn't what happened, not at all. Instead he reached me pulled my around and turned my around, his eyes stared into mine, taking notice that I was crying. He stroked his hand across my face and then wiped my tears away, he had a slight change in his eyes, almost as if he felt sorry. "Adalyn, I'm sorry I didn't mean what I said." I pushed him away and reached for my keys, I opened the door and closed it just as Alex reached me. "Adalyn please, I'm really sorry." I shoved my keys in the ignition and started up my car, "If you were truly sorry you wouldn't have said it Alex." I backed up and sped off, leaving Alex in the middle of the road, thinking about my last words, I said to him.

In the back of my mind it was filled with complete chaos, I was angry, I wasn't thinking straight. It was about midnight and I wasn't even near my house, I knew I was going the correct way but I was going around in circles. I went around  maybe three, before I noticed fog coming up into the clearing beside me, then forming all around. I squinted my eyes trying to focus on the road ahead, It caught me by surprise actually, I didn't even think twice. I didn't think someone would be walking around when it's foggy outside on a road. I stopped my car and parked it on the side, leaving my car on still, I pounced out and closed my door still watching the person from the corner of my eye. "Um, excuse  me, your in the way. Do you mind moving or something?" No answer, the man, I think moved forward a few feet and kept his face downwards at the ground mumbling. I furrowed my eyebrows, and clenched my teeth. I realized I was not going anywhere with this man in the street, so I shrugged my shoulders and walked back to my car.

When I gesture my head over my shoulder the shadowy figure diminished. I looked everywhere for him, looking at every possible way for him to leave quickly without being noticed. But there was no trace of him.

After a few turns and twist I made my way back home. The house lights were all off except for my room and...Cole's. I parked my car on the road. I closed the car door softly and ran up to the front door. Jungling with my keys to get the door open, the door flung unlatched and revealed Cole, his black eyes stared down into mine. He had a sly sloppy smile plastered on his face. Oh no. I knew he was going to yell for mom and try to get me in trouble. Once he opened his mouth to scream out, my hand shot up to his mouth and my pointer finger laid on my lips to signify him to shut up. A smile formed under my hand, on Cole's face. "Cole, shush. I wasn't out long, no need to tell please." I removed my hand and gave Cole my best puppy pouty face.

"Adalyn, Adalyn. Staying out till Twelve, Your curfew is Eleven O'clock." Cole said in a normal voice slowly. His left hand still holding the door handle, and his other one sitting on his hip bone. "I know, stuff happened. Alex and me fought, and man was in the middle of the road and disappeared somehow. Cole, I'm not in the mood right now." I snarled, keeping my patience, but he was on thin ice with me. Cole threw up his hands in defeat and backed out of the doorway. I walked in and tip-toed up the stairs. My room was on the left, I ran across the floor to my room stopping when the floor creaked. I looked both ways before running again. Once I made it into my room I sighed and through my body onto my bed and closed my eyes for a second. The sound of the floor creaking made my eyes flash open and see Cole standing there, with the look for curiosity "What Cole?" I asked, my lip curled in anger and my beady eyes stared at him. Cole walked more into my room and closed the door. He sat on the edge of my bed, and I sat all the way up and leaned against the headboard of my bed. "What happened?"

"I went to Alex's party, there was a fight. I was pushed into the fight and got hit. Alex was pissed and began to hit Marcus, then I told him to stop. He did soon then said party over, then yelled at me saying I ruin his life, And now here I am." I said ghastly, I took a few breaths and looked at Cole's face.I grabbed my phone from off the charger, the cord fell down to my white carpet and I punched in my password. I opened my messages to see fifty missed calls from Alex, and twenty-two missed text messages.

Alex: You missed a call from Alex- 10:00pm
Alex: You missed a call from Alex-  10:30pm

Alex: You missed a call from Alex-  10:45pm

Adalyn pick up the damn phone.

Alex: You missed a call from Alex- 10:50pm

Alex: You missed a call from Alex- 10:59pm

Alex: You missed a call from Alex- 11:20pm

Adalyn pick up the damn phone, Please Adalyn I'm sorry.

Me: What Alex?

Alex: Are you okay? I'm sorry, please Adalyn forgive me and my stupidness. I can't survive a day a second without your beautiful face. Your my best friend, I love you. I'm so so sorry. I was a complete dick,you don't ruin my life. You do the complete opposite, you make my life amazing.

Me: Nice to know. I'm not in the mood, said I said before I don't know who you are anymore.

Alex: I'm the same person you've know since kindergarten when the fat boy tried picking on you because your hair got stuck on the bolts of the playground. I'm still here Adalyn.

Me: Your right you are still there.

Alex: Great to finally get that through.

Me: I wasn't finished. Your right your still here, but I can't see you because your too well hidden. You want to be on the highest of the highest on the social ladder. As I said I don't know who you are anymore, until you can figure out where Alex is, them contact me.

Alex: Fine whatever.

I looked up from my phone and saw that Cole had vanished and my bed was now empty and cold. I had just lost my best friend in one whole day, and my heart shattered into pieces. My bedroom was cold and my curtains flew against the wind. I listened to the howling of the wind whispering in my ears, I could hear voices floating within the wind. "Adalyn." I whipped my head to my opened window and stepped towards it. As I lifted my hands up to shut my window I spotted a tall but short shadowy figure, standing behind my cherry blossom tree in the front yard. I could see it's eyes glaring up into my eyes, the petrified blue eyes cold as snow vanished just as the figure did too.

I love flashbacks how about you?

The sun was falling into a sunset, turning the clouds light pink and blue, colliding with the moon fighting for the daylight to stay longer. Finally being defeated by the moon, the stars, and the dark sky, the sun sets in the west. Adalyn found herself standing by an old rusty bench, it's been about four days since Alex and her fought. She brushed away her stray tears, and looked off into the night. The sun completely fell down and the world was dark around her. She took in a breath and let it out. She heard twigs breaking from behind her, without moving her head she whispered. "I know you're here, come out." She finally turned her body around and faced the darkness looking straight ahead. The continuous sound of twigs breaking started again, the street lamp began to flicker back on. The hidden figure stepped out underneath the streetlight and revealed himself. A wave of confusion and questions filled her head as she stared at him. 

11 Hours Earlier.

8:00 pm

Adalyn sat down at yer desk in math class, Ms. Collins sat at her desk reading her paper back book. Her glasses sat on the bridge of her button nose. Adalyn glanced around and watched everyone's pencils scribble around on their worksheets. Adalyn slipped her hand into her black and white backpack and her hand scrambled around the bag, before her hands found her black and white rhinestone phone. Her phone vibrated in her hand once she pulled it out. Adalyn peered around to make sure Ms. Collins wasn't
looking, before she turned her attention to her phone.

Cole: Hey sis, how's school?

Adalyn: Just great. Alex hasn't even spoken to me at all.

Cole: Don't stress over that boy.

Adalyn:  I know Cole, do you think you could come and pick me up?

Cole: Sorry Sis, I'm in K-Zoo right now.

Adalyn: Skipping your college classes.

Cole: Oh shut up. Have fun I'll see you at home. I'll be there around 4:00 pm.

Adalyn: Right, Okay.

"Adalyn give me your phone now." Adalyn looked up and meant Ms. Collins eyes, Her hand was stretched out reaching for her phone. "Ms. Collins, I'm sorry it was important."

"No excuses Ms. Santiago. Give it to me so I can see what was so Important." Her hand was five inches away from Adalyn's face. Adalyn huffed and gave up her phone placing it in the middle of Ms. Collins palm. Ms. Collins took the phone happily and began to scroll down , then her face turned pale and she immediately gave the phone back. "Don't make the same mistake again." She whipped around and walked to her desk just as the bell rang. The students fled out of the room like a herd of sheep. Justin stood up, grabbed his paper and looked down at Adalyn. She was staring down at the floor, phone and backpack held firmly in her hand. Justin walked off shrugging his shoulders not daring to communicate with Adalyn right now. He had his own problems to deal with, but before he could walk away Adalyn jumped up and rushed out of the door. Adalyn's head pounded and she felt as if knives were stabbing threw her skull. She touched her head and images floated inside her head. She stummbled across the school parking lot and into her driver's side of her silver BMW.

"Adalyn your in danger come with me." The figure stood about a 12 feet for her. The face was blurry and hard to see who she was talking to. His voice seemed familiar, but she couldn't place it.

"What do you mean I'm in danger? Are you drunk or something?" Adalyn furrowed her eyebrows and bit her upper lip. "Adalyn, please. There's not enough time to explain everything to you. Just come with me." Adalyn peered over her shoulders and saw a large shadow that would hover over her. She turned her attention back on the figure standing in front of her. "Not until you tell me."

"Adalyn Satan is after you." Adalyn dissolved into laughter, she then turned around after hearing the sound of growling behind her. "Your definitely on drugs or something. What would the devil want with me?"

The passenger side door opened and closed, Adalyn looked up and her eyes connected with Justin's. "What are you doing in my car?" Justin dropped his backpack on the floor board and gwaked at Adalyn. "I saw you rush out of the class. You acted weird, and I saw you wincing when you touched your head. Sorry, I was curious."

"I'm fine. I think I'll just go home. Want me to take you home, like are you gonna skip the rest of the day?" Adalyn suggested as she placed her key in the ignition. "I'll go home, you sure you'll be able to get home?"

"I'll be fine."

5:20 pm
At home.

Adalyn laid in her bed texting her mother about the school day. Cole was sitting on the roof of their house staring into the evening sky. Adalyn told her mom goodbye and shut her phone off. She places it next to her on her bed and sighs. Today was her and Alex anniversary of their friendship, they've known each other for exactly ten years and never fought until now. To think about their fight made Adalyn cry, she has no one to talk to, no one she can trust. Adalyn wiped her face and walked out onto her newly made balcony. She also began to look out into the evening sky, when Cole saw his sister walk out of her room and onto the balcony, it made him feel her pain. He felt sorry for his sister, to go through everything she did with Alex. He knew that Alex has been in love with his sister ever since eighth grade at lunch, Cole was coming to bring Adalyn lunch when he heard Alex friends talking about Adalyn. Cole stopped to listen, and when he saw them come up to Adalyn and call her names, he grew angry. He was only 4 feet away from stopping them when Alex showed up and yelled at them. Cole saw the hate and fury in Alex's eyes. But he also saw the love her had for Adalyn his sister. Cole slid to the edge of the roof closer to Adalyn. "Hey sis." her glossy eyes turned and looked up at Cole, whose feet were dangling off the edge. "Hey Cole." A tear found its way out of her eye and began to escape, Adalyn wiped it away and began climbing her way up on the roof. Once she managed to get on the roof she plopped down next to Cole. Cole wrapped his left arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. Trying to do his best by comforting her, "Adalyn, you seem paranoid. I know you're sad about Alex and everything, but something else is bothering you." Cole looked down at his sister's eyes which were already looking up at him. "I think someone is following me." Shocked from what she said Cole pulled his arm away and looked at her. "What do you mean someone is following you?" Cole asked angrily, Adalyn looked back at the sky and felt the wind brush through her hair. "I don't know Cole. I just have a feeling like someone is watching me from the shadows. The other night, I was closing my window when I saw someone under the cherry blossom tree."

"Why didn't you say something to someone? Adalyn someone is following you, do you want them to get enough confidence and have them hurt you?" Cole said with a matter of a factly tone."Cole, I don't think the person will. I don't know how to explain this, but I feel like whoever it is, is here to help me to protect me. I don't know it's just a feeling." Adalyn explained, she shiver slightly."Yeah Just a feeling that makes no damn sense. Adalyn, I don't want you to get hurt." Cole pointed out. Cole rolled his eyes at his sister and brushed his hair back.  "I know Cole, and I won't I'm being safe. Ever since dad died, everyone and everything has been different."

"What do you mean?" he turned his head and lifted his eyebrow."I don't know," Adalyn looks over at Cole who slips his phone out of his pocket and into his hand. It was 5:56 pm. The moonlight was shining on the road and the trees swayed with the wind. Adalyn jumped down to the balcony and pursued to her bed. She grabbed​ her phone and black jacket and walked to her door. Cole followed behind her and closed her bedroom door after they went through. Adalyn jumped down the stairs and walked out the door and down the street.

By the time she reached the old park the sun was falling into a sunset, turning the clouds light pink and blue, colliding with the moon fighting for the daylight to stay longer. Finally being defeated by the moon, the stars, and the dark sky, the sun sets in the west. Adalyn found herself standing by an old rusty bench, it's been about four days since Alex and her fought. She brushed away her stray tears, and looked off into the night. The sun completely fell down and the world was dark around her. She took in a breath and let it out. She heard twigs breaking from behind her, without moving her head she whispered. "I know you're here, come out." She finally turned her body around and faced the darkness looking straight ahead. The continuous sound of twigs breaking started again, the street lamp began to flicker back on. The hidden figure stepped out underneath the streetlight and revealed himself. A wave of confusion and questions filled her head as she stared at him. "Justin?"

"Adalyn your in danger come with me." The Justin stood about a 12 feet for her, and a wave of deja vu swept over her."What do you mean I'm in danger? Are you drunk or something?" Adalyn furrowed her eyebrows and bit her upper lip. "Adalyn, please. There's not enough time to explain everything to you. Just come with me." Adalyn peered over her shoulders and saw a large shadow that would hover over her. She turned her attention back on the figure standing in front of her. "Not until you tell me."

"That's for me to know. Just come with me quick, were not safe here." Justin rushed towards me and grabbed my wrist forcefully and dragged me to his dark navy blue truck. "Justin are you drunk? Let me go right this instance!" Adalyn tugged her arm back and looked at Justin startled. His eyes turned dark blue and his arms revealed tattoos stretched all around and up his arm. "What...What are those? Your eyes, I..I... What the hell is happening?" Justin rolled his eyes and stepped on the gas pedal. They began to speed down the empty highway, Adalyn stared at Justin. "Slow down, Justin your gonna kill us. What the hell is going on?" Justin swerved his truck and immediately stopped his truck and turned his whole body towards Adalyn. "Adalyn, things are going to happen and be crazy. Your world is going to change, but right now your not ready to know. Please let me get you somewhere safe before the Fallen reach us okay, Can you shut up for 10 minutes?" Adalyn too shooken by what Justin said, shut her mouth instantly and looked forward. Justin sighed and pressed his foot down on the gas pedal and sped down the road. His eyes were dark brown and his tattoos were now reaching his neckline. They were black and were written in Greek. The car slowed down and pulled into the driveway. Adalyn peered out the window and looked at the old house. "Here we are."

"Here is where?" Adalyn said as she opened the passenger side door.

"The safe house of course."Cole told her as he shut his door, and walked to her side of the truck. "What the is going on Justin?" She turned her head to face them and held on to her left arm just above the elbow conserving her warmth. "I'm your Protector."

"Happy thoughts."

"Here is where?" I said as I propped opened the passenger side door.

"The safe house of course."Cole told me as he shut his door, and walked to my side of the truck. "What the is going on Justin?" I turned my head to face them and held onto my left arm just above the elbow conserving my warmth. 

"I'm your Protector."

I didn't understand one word that came out of Justin's mouth, what was he saying? I couldn't think as straight as I wanted too, but then again what was really happening? I must be asleep, "Someone pinch me." I whispered underneath my breath. The wind stopped blowing and Justin chuckled under his breath, "You're not dreaming Adalyn, everything is really happening." My head swung to my left and I concentrated and studied Justin's face. How did he know that I said that, how did he know I was thinking I was sleeping and that this is just a dream?

Because I can read your mind just as you can read mine Adalyn.

Who said that?

I did, Justin. I'm your protector, we're connected and we can read and share thoughts.

This is really a dream, Why is this happening to me?

Adalyn, I'm being serious this isn't a dream. This is reality so you know what you have to get use to it. I'm here to protect you, and that means even if you don't want to believe that this is happening. This is real life, and what's happening here is real too, so get your head out of your ass and open your eyes Adalyn. You're The Prophecy Of Purity, and Satan's after you for two reasons, One because you're the Prophecy and two because you're the only human that can open the Gate to heaven.

I'm a WHAT?

Walk forward please and watch your step. We'll discuss this inside, it's mighty cold out here.

I put one foot out after the other and kept my body close together, walking faster and farther away from Justin. He breathed in and out as we walked up the driveway. His breathing became slower and I mentally slapped myself, get a grip Adalyn. He practically kidnapped you and said Satan's after you and oh yeah I'm your Protector, Who does that? We reached the red door with a white handle. Underneath us was a welcome carpet, it was in black lettering, and the rest surrounding it was dark red. Justin stepped forward and twisted the handle right and opened the door. A loud creak flew out of the door and echoed throughout the house. Justin walked in and turned to me with his hand ushering me in. I hesitated for a moment and finally gave in. The house was dark and dusty, Justin walked forward about a few inches and flicked the light switch up. Light filled every inch and part of the house, revealing it's true nature of beauty. I followed Justin right behind him, I studied his arms. His tattoos, covered part of his body, taking in every opened space. The words that trailed down him were written in Enochian. I shook my head and thought, how in the blazing hell did I know that, I don't even know that there was a language called Enochian. I looked back at his arm and tried to read the words.

I shall protect with my life, with my soul, mind, and strength, to save the chosen one. I ask that you protect me, uplift me and inspire me to live in alignment with my life and demons and stand before me blessing my energy with your angelic qualities of strength, I ask you to watch over me during my journey with life and death so that I may please you and protect with my life.

The walls were painted white, and the floor was wooden planks. The chandelier was white and small, but the light shined bright enough to fill the room. Justin strutted to the farthest room straight ahead, as soon as he disappeared I began to walk around, exploring the house inch by inch. The first room contained a black piano, two lightly tanned couches with four tanned pillows on each end, and a small white chair. The carpet underneath the piano was black and the floor in the room was wood planks. Above the piano on the wall, held pictures from family photos to singular photos. My eyes darted across the room and caught a glimpse of a statue. It was a Angel and a Demon fighting. Before I knew it I found myself standing in front of it, looking down at the caption.My head started pounding and the words, rearranged and turned into english before my eyes.

In the 1900's the Angels fought against The Fallen Angels. God and Satan were in conflict with each other and the Angels had to defend Heaven. This shows the fight and how it changed the outcome of God and his Angels. God created a Gate, known to humans as Heaven's Gate. God knew he had to make it where only he could open it, but unwillingly, he sent part of that authority to a human on earth. That very human is also The Prophecy Of Purity. Someone who is either destined for greatness or destruction.

"I see that you found the Statue of foundation." I whipped my head around and saw Justin itching the back of his neck. Small hair strands stood up on top of his head, and glistened in the light. "That's what this is?" I looked back at the grey sculpture, and reached out to feel around the bodies. "Yes, it's a Prophecy. Gabriel made it right after the war. It tells us abput that day, and why the Gate was made. Quite marvelous isn't it?" I studied the statue in awestuck, this was truly amazing. I walked around the statue and noticed underneath the Angel's wings were writing, addressed to The Prophecy Of Purity.

"Thus your journey begins, your mind, strength, soul, and heart shall become one. So, that you shall protect ones you love and save the world and everyone in it from destruction. The world is filled with chaos, but under all that is a world of hope and dreams, your were chosen to do good, but that doesn't mean you weren't destined for evil. You have the choice, to save the world and help God, or destroy the world accompanied by Satan."

I turned my head to Justin and waited for his response to the hidden caption. "That's something new." Justin observed the statue closely. Justin suddenly flinched and clutched his wrist almost immediately. His eyes dilate and he swiftly grabbed my arm and flipped it around to look at my inner wrist. A black star sat about one half of an inch below my palm. "Tell me Adalyn, when did you get this?" I examined Justin's unemotional face, "I don't know." I prattled, I yanked my arm back to me and rubbed my wrist, it was slightly red and burning after Justin tugged and tightened his grip on it. Holding my wrist to my chest. "How do you not know? Didn't you feel the burning?" His eyes fixated on the black star again and traveled up to my eyes, "I didn't feel anything." His eyes blinked, processing the information slowly and thoughtfully.  I looked at Justin's wrist to see it completely matching mine, except it is dark blood red. " What's happening Justin?"

"You're starting your conversion. It's a process in which a Protector and his partner go through. If you decide to fully complete your transformation your body will be covered in tattoos, but only our kind can see them. During your conversion you will have trials to go through. One is to go to the Safar Woodlands and find your soul. The other one is to jump Mount. Sinai (Sin-I) and go through an understanding controversy." Justin answered in a matter-of-a-factly tone,

"My conversion, it sounds kind of hurtful. I-- Why are we here?"

"The Fallen have gotten closer than we thought."

"Who is we?" Justin turned his head, positioning his head to the left. Nodding his head towards the cracked opened door, I looked over to it and strolled over to the white blank door. A pair of red and blue eyes glowed in the darkness through the cracked door, the door was pushed forward and revealed two males. One was wearing a plain T-shirt, and dark blue jeans. He had red eyes and blonde medium length hair and lightly tanned skin, his arms were bare and contain tattoos just like Justin, above his right eye he had a scar running across his face from his eyebrow to his chin. The other boy stepped a inch behind the other, his eyes were blue like the ones I saw underneath the cherry blossom tree at my house. The same ones I saw watching me, he stared at me and I felt this relief, and calmness inside me. Only a few seconds ago I was scared, confused, and worried.

Now I’m not.

The boy had black short cut hair with a red streak on the side, his clothes were all black and white. He had on a leather jacket and black jeans, his hands showed. On his hands were small writings, and a swirl just as I seen before, in my mind.

“Who are you, and you why have you been standing outside my house, watching me?” They blinked almost the exact time, and looked at each other. The red eyed boy stepped forward with his hand out, I stepped up and took his hand as a kind gesture, and tried to pry a smile on my face. “Luke Anders, at your service.” He took my hand and kissed the top, his lips were cold. I shivered at his touch as he softly let go, “I’m Adalyn.” Luke looked at the other boy, who was still standing behind him. “Aren’t you going to introduce yourself? You know it isn’t polite.”

The boy looked up into Luke’s eyes and chuckled. “F*** politeness.” He grumbled angrily, Luke turned back to me with sorrowful eyes and pushed a smile on his face “I’m sorry Adalyn, excuse Uri. He’s got a short temper, and his parents never taught him manners. I’m quite sure you’re confused at the moment but soon it will be cleared up sweetheart.”

I laughed silently in my head.

Yeah, I bet it will.

It will Adalyn, just let us help you, we need you just as much as you need us.

You Know he’s right Adalyn we can help you.

Who said that?

Luke. Didn’t Justin tell you anything? You have Three Protectors and Partners, you know our kind hasn’t seen something like that before.

I’m so confused, my head is about to explode. Justin only told me that he was my protector and partner. Now come to find out secrets are being kept from me, when It involves my life.

Not a big surprise, get use to it sweetheart.

Let me guess, this is Uri.

Yes, that was Uri.

Look, lets just go and talk in the safe room, okay? The fallen are close, and that room will cut off our scent.

I watched as all three of the boys were walking, Uri and Justin stood behind me, Luke stood next to me with a smile plastered on his face. We walked up the stairs and through the hall before we reached a large, maybe 5’’8 inch grey steel door. “They’re here. Luke go in the room with Adalyn and protect her, Uri come with me.” Justin spoke rapidly. “Nos pugna praesidio.”( We fight to Protect)  Uri whispered in an uptight tone. Luke grabs my arm and opened the steel door, throwing me in and looking back at Uri and Justin. “Et fratribus meis salvus patriam pergeret cum utraque ab Angelico verbum quod vobis fretus.” (Be safe my brothers, she and the Angelic world are depending on you.) The steel door closed leaving me and Luke alone in the cold room. Luke settled down next to me and sighed deeply. “Luke, will they be okay?”

“I’m sure they will, Uri and Justin are both strong, and soon you will too.” Luke turned to smile at me, but I felt like the smile wasn’t real, like it was just plastered on his face because he didn’t want me to worry. “Why does Uri hate me?” I asked quietly, I looked at Luke and saw his smile disappear and his eyes fill with emotion. “Uri doesn’t hate you, he just doesn’t know how to act sometimes. He changed, you know he use to be a really nice guy, but ever since his mother died, he changed. I mean he really changed, but I think something is off about Uri, once he found out about his mother's death he swore to kill whoever did it, but one day he just,-”

“Gave up?”

“Yeah, he did. He just gave up.”

Silence just seemed like the only thing right now. I was too astonished, too worried to even ask the questions that haven’t even been answered. Luke seemed heartbroken for Uri, just as I was. His mother was killed and it changed Uri’s perspective on everything.

Favorite Chapter EVER

"All you need is a little training Adalyn, you need to know how to protect yourself." Luke yelled at Adalyn. They both were on the roof of the Import Building in Mexico. Adalyn held on to her very own Sword Of Fire, casually breathing and glaring at Luke with mild hatred. Luke didn't seem to have a care in the world, he swung his sword around his fingers and smiled happily at Adalyn, her face was sweaty and light red and her eyes were focused on Luke. She watched him intensively.

Uri quietly stalking behind her held his sword tightly and watched luke carefully, waiting for the signal to attack. "Uri, I can hear you." Adalyn shouted just as she turned around face to face with Uri. Luke ran quietly up to Adalyn but she then turned around and blocked the hits that Luke threw at her. A smile climbed its way onto her face, and Luke sighed. "Your getting better, but you still need a little more work darling." Luke exclaimed, Adalyn squealed in silence and turned to Uri who held a grouchy I don't care look. "She could do way better Luke." Uri said as he twirled his sword of fire around his fingers. Adalyn's face turned bright red, her free hand balled up into a fist and her nails sunk into her skin. Uri and Luke flinched and Adalyn's eyes stalked out Uri's palm, it was bleeding slightly. "What just happened?" Adalyn asked in amazement.

"Something that shouldn't ever happen." Luke responded in a harsh but strict tone, he wiped his hand on his shirt and walked to the edge of the roof, pulling out his cellphone. Uri shrugged his shoulders and went forward to the edge of the building, about 10 feet away from Luke, Adalyn following closely behind sat down next to Uri and looked down at all the cars, people, and animals walking and or running around. Uri sat quietly and studied Adalyn's face, looking for emotions. "Uri what happened?"

"Something that shouldn't happen." he whispered in a harsh tone, he was irritated with the whole situation. He close his eyes and inhaled the fresh air.

"Luke already said that, and it doesn't help me at all when you guys don't tell me anything." Uri said nothing, instead he kept to himself and laid back on the roof and looked up to the stars. "You're not helping at all Uri, you're about as useful as a blanket." Adalyn yelled at Uri, she crossed her arms and sat sit. Uri got up and stared at Adalyn until her eyes darted and ment his.

"A blanket is useful, if your cold." Uri said in a matter-of-a-fact- tone. Adalyn rolled her eyes and mumbled underneath her breath. Her head pounded and her heart beat quickened, her eyes clouded and she was blinded. Her body wasn't warm anymore, in fact it was freezing as if she's dead.

"Justin she's dying." someone whispered, Adalyn could tell it was Luke's voice, she felt a gentle squeeze and heard a quiet sniffle. "I know she's dying Luke, she's dying because of us. She choose our lives over hers and sacrificed herself so we can still be here." Adalyn laid shocked,she listened to the footsteps next to her and felt a gentle soft hand touch her, her eyes flew open and she was now staring down at her pale cold almost lifeless body. Justin was sitting on an old brown chair staring at her. Where's Uri?" Adalyn whispered, Uri was nowhere to be found. Uri could be possibly sitting on the roofs edge staring at the ground watching, like Adalyn would do when she was nervous and or scared. Regret filled the room and Adalyn could feel it inside her. She was going to die soon, and she will leave the boys, the very same ones she grew to care for. The monitor went off with one long beep, the very one you don't want to hear. Adalyn's mouth opened and her hands clasped over them, she watched the two boys looking at her with singular tears falling. Uri walked into the room holding black and white roses, the ones that Adalyn only likes, his face was wet and damp. He cried, for Adalyn. Her death caused pain to them both, Uri sat the roses in Adalyn's hands and started to walk out of the room, Justin grabbed Uri's upper arm "Uri,--" Uri yanked his arm out of Justin's grip, "Don't, you didn't stop her, you didn't even try. You failed us, you fail Adalyn." Uri shouted on his lungs, he walked out furiously and slammed the door. Justin turned back the Adalyn's dead body, caressed her cheek and tried to smile. "I tried Adalyn, but not hard enough I'm sorry." His hand lifted from her face and her sight turned blacker than night.

Adalyn's eyes fluttered opened she glanced around and saw Luke sitting at the end of the couch looking forward at her, Justin was pacing around and Uri was paying too much attention to his sword dangling from his finger tips. Her head was aching and her eyes felt like they were going to pop out of her head at anytime. Luke's eyes shot right at her, but missed her eye contact because she closed her own eyes and sat quietly.

Adalyn, It's Luke.

I know, Luke I can't stay awake. I'm so tired, I don't understand, Luke what's happening to me?

Adalyn, you passed out. Then you were crying out Uri's name and talking about death, and then you said Justin let this happen.

No, Luke it was--It felt so real, like it was happening. I was DYING. Justin blamed himself for my death, and said he didn't try hard enough... Then Uri and Justin argued, I think that if I die and split between you all will happen, I'm scared Luke.

I know Sweetheart, just sleep for now and I will find a way to help you.

Luke...

Yes Sweetheart.

Don't tell them yet, please. Let me explain to them.

I understand sweetheart, just understand I can't push them out of my mind forever, they'll find out sooner or later.

I understand, but I need to think.

Anything for you, now sleep Sweetheart.

The world seem to crumble down right at the bridge of her feet, she didn't know what to expect within the days she thought. What was going to happen? She knew she had to tell Uri and Justin, but how to explain to them was something different. She open her eyes after sleeping for about a few hours she sighed and got off of the couch and unwittingly bumping into Uri so hard she began to fall back, Uri reached her hand and pulled her forward preventing her fall, once he did their bodies were only inches away. Adalyn was trying to catch her breath, she looked up and her eyes meant Uri's. Both were breathing hard, Uri cough and cleared his throat before he backed away. He reached up and brushed his hair back sheepishly and gazed at Adalyn. Adalyn stared at her feet before gazing up to meet Uri's eyes, she looked in astonishment.

The door flew open and Justin stood with his Fire sword in his right hand, Luke right behind him. "Adalyn, Uri we need to leave now!" Uri's face turned cold and angry, he reached out for Adalyn to take his hand. Adalyn accepted it and grabbed hold, Uri pulled her to him and whispered into her ear, it sent chills down her spine and warming inside her chest. "Stay close to me." Her stomach did a quick flip, all she could do was nod her head and walk with Uri, up against his chest. She could hear his rapid heartbeat, she felt amazed by it and listened to it as if it soothed her. Uri pushed her against the wall and stood in front of her peering out of the corner to look in the next room. "Uri, what is it?" She curiously asked, her hand traveled down to her knife Uri's hand shot out and stop her. "The Fallen are here, you're not strong enough. Let me handle this." He rushed out and pushed me in the room with him, attacking the first Fallen that ran at him slashing his throat. I jumped in shock and let the tears spill, the bodies frightened me. Uri grabbed my head and pulled me toward him just as a Fallen jumped in mid air to attack me, his sword driven into it's heart. Adalyn stood once again, close to Uri literally inches away. Her hand slid down Uri's chest and she gripped Uri's pants buckle, she snatched his dagger and threw it behind her. Stabbing the last Fallen in the heart, it staggered back and took it's last breath before dying completely. "Not strong enough huh?" Adalyn laughed, Uri rolled his eyes and continued to pull Adalyn with him.Adalyn laughed, Uri rolled his eyes and continued to pull Adalyn with him. She was struggling to walk with Uri’s pulling, she almost tripped on the way out the door, but catching herself wasn’t going to happen.

She stumbled at first but then tripped over Uri’s feet causing them both to tumble down the hill, once they  managed to stop tumbling Uri was on top of  Adalyn staring at her  intensively. “Are you hurt?” Uri asked concerningly, his hand swept her face and pushed back the strands of hair and looked her over. “I’m fine Uri, you're so heavy get off of me.”
Uri chuckled and pushed himself​ off of Adalyn. Adalyn sat up and looked around, wondering where the hell Justin and Luke were. She brushed​ her hair back, and stood up cleaning her pants off. "Adalyn! Uri!" Tilting her head ad looking behind her, she saw Luke and Justin running fast. Behind them were these horrible ugly creatures, all different shapes and colors. Some where black with horns and black wings, Adalyn stood shocked and scared. "Start the car!" Squinting behind all of the ugly there in the air, was a Fallen Angel. It was dressed in black ripped jeans and a leather jacket opened to show the T-shirt tightly tugging on it's skin. She glanced to it's face and her eyes doubled in size, it was no it. It was a he, his hair cut perfectly, the sides shaved to a low cut and the top fell into his eyes, oh his eyes were so ever black and dark. He smiled from ear to ear and winked at Adalyn, she closed her eyes and too a few breaths.

He's trying to get inside your head Adalyn keep it closed, keep him out.

The car was racing down the road, the dust kicking up behind the truck. Some of the dust clung onto the truck and covered the paint. Adalyn peered out of the window, they were racing down the road while the creatures were still chasing after them. Uri was breathing hard, Justin was watching the road as he swurved around cars and objects. Luke had his eyes closed, he was concentrating hard on his thoughts. Adalyn looked at Uri, trying to catch his attention. She failed miserably the first time, Then she raced over to his thigh and pinched him as hard as she could. Uri jumped and held in a yelp.

What do you want Adalyn?

What's going on Uri, what are those things, and who is that?

That's the demons, they are owned by the Fallen. The Angel you seen is Felipe Sanchez. He is one of the most loyal Fallen to Satan, and I guess Satan put him in charge and he is after you, so don't think that he's sweet. Because soon that s*** will bite you in the ass, I would know.

How would you know?

No answer. He stopped talking to Adalyn, which didn't stop her from being curious. She looked into the mirror and saw Justin looking at her from it, she meant his eyes and sent him a smile, she turned her head and looked out the window. The Felipe and the demons were gone. The sun started to rise, setting the sky to look like cotton candy, with the mixing of pink and blue. Adalyn's eyes turned light red, she gasped in the reflection of the window. "My eyes--Are red..." The truck stopped immediately and everyone's eyes were on Adalyn. She turned her head and mouths fell open, her eyes were bright red. But who knew why their eyes changed, some were by mood. But why and what did hers mean?

"Adalyn, we need to tell you something... It's about your future..." Luke spoke in a guilty tone, His eyes turned soft and quietness filled the truck. "My future?"

It was really hard to write it, It will be edited soon and it will be descriptive more too.

You know when people say something so weird, or off topic either your like correcting them or like me you stand in shock and say " Your lying." Yep, sounds about right. We were just done getting chased by demons and a Fallen Angel who are after me, now I hear these boys talking about my future! I'm being overwhelmed by everything, literally, how much crazy information can a single person hold in their mind? So the truck was in complete silence, and my eyes were almost on the verge of popping out of my head. The sun was rising and the sky was cotton candy, mixture of pink and blue. "My Future?" I asked again, no one seemed to want to answer me. I growled and grabbed for my phone in my back pocket, my phone had a few scratches and a long small crack across the bottom of the screen. I opened my phone and searched through my messages.

Alex: I know we're not on talking terms, but your mother and brother are looking for you. Where are you, how are you, are you hurt, in trouble? please answer me.

I took two smalls breaths and hesitated to answer him. I wanted them to know I was fine, and that I won't be coming home in awhile. I looked at the boys suggestively, none of them were watching me. I touched reply, and began typing my reply, before another message came through.

Unknown: I know who and what you are.

Me: Who is this?

Unknown: That doesn't matter, I have something you want.

Me: Who are you!? I don't want anything from you!

Unknown: I think you know what I have, you know you've been distant from him.

Me: Let Alex go he has no part of this!

Unknown: Come alone leave the Protectors, and come to a old warehouse. I'll give you the address when you confirm that you will be alone. I will know, and if you don't I will kill him.
Me: Fine I’ll meet you and I will be alone, if you lay one hand on him I swear to god I will kill you.
Unknown: If you say so Adalyn-
How was I going to get away from them, all three of them? I sighed, outside the window was a large open field, filled with corn and the other half was wheat. The wind slowed down a bit but the plants swayed side to side as if they were nothing. The sun had risen and the sky was light tropical colors of orange, yellow, and blue. It was peaceful but my mind and heart were in a war against each other. The car stopped and Justin jumped out and slammed the door, Luke sighed and whispered, it almost sounded like “Not again.” I looked across the car, out Uri’s side window. Justin was fuming up and throwing anything he could pick up.

"Sometimes life is hard to bear, when a friend is just not there."

115 Seller Road.

I walked down the path to seller road, the tree were still but the wind was blowing against my face harshly. I didn't think twice about turning around and being a coward but, Alex was in deep trouble, and no matter how much I hate him right now I knew that no matter what I am his best friend. I turned left and stared at the empty ground, there was no 115, no house, no nothing. I let my jaw drop as I looked around the area, whipping my head all around. "Alex!" I yelled, I stomped into the yard and saw a small old, breaking down shed in the back area with it's door opened. I stumbled around the ground and ran as fast as I could to the shed and kicked the door out of my way and saw Alex sitting in the chair yelling, at least trying to. I ran up to him and began to try to untie his hands and legs but someone appeared from the shadows. "You! I--" It was Felipe the one person that was after me, he had his black hair slicked back. "Yes it's me sweetheart, you see I found this boy at your house looking through your pictures, at first I thought robber? But no, he was your best friend. Perfect person to lure you here." a smile plastered all over his face and he took out a blade from his pockets and held it to Alex's neck, I opened my mouth and let the tears fall down my face. "Don't leave him alone, I'll do anything for you please!" I shouted, Felipe looked at Alex and back at me before he moved the knife a inch from his neck. "I'm serious, leave him alone you deranged f*er!" Felipe lifted his head back and bursted out in laughter, he pushed the knife right against Alex's skin and a dribble of blood slipped down, and Alex, gulped and gripped the chairs arms. I looked at Alex in his eyes and made sure he knew that everything was going to be okay.

"I think that--" He dug deeper into Alex's neck, "You should start crying now-" He stripped the knife straight across Alex's knife, and blood began to pour out, I screamed and ran towards him holding his neck crying my eyes out. "Alex, you're going to be okay, just hold on please." I wailed, Felipe watched me as he stood leaning against the shed's door. I turned my head to Felipe with a glare flickering in my eyes "Is this what you want? Me to be weak because you killed him?" Felipe swallowed and grin a small one, before he disappeared, I turned back to Alex seeing him slowly closing his eyes. "Alex, please. I love you, you're my best friend. I can't live without you!" Alex died, with a smile on his face and I sat next to him crying over his body letting his blood seep through my clothes, the sound of running footsteps, came closer and closer to me, I looked up from Alex's body and saw the three boys looking down at me, covered in blood holding, my best friend's body. Luke came forward to try and pry me off, but I yelled at him and pulled away, "Adalyn we need to go" I looked up at him with teary eyes, "I'm not leaving his body!" Uri sighed and gripped my arm, dragging me out by force, he slammed me into the car that was parked ahead. I was forced in and I wailed louder "Let me go Uri!" I punched him I did everything I could, but nothing worked. I closed my eyes and looked out the window letting the tears drip down and dry up on my cheeks. Luke was looking down at his shoes, Uri was staring at me, trying to understand? I don't know. But no my world was going down, and when I see Felipe, I was going to make him suffer, I was going to kill him myself and make it painful.