L.I.F.E.

Author's note:

Life is for everyone people. Let others know that!

Author's note:

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

Dinner

We sat down in a booth, her choice, I didn’t fancy the idea that she chose the booth. She got soon to be most expensive thing there, while I got the cheapest thing.
“So, what are you doing this weekend?” she asked.
“Water?” the annoying waiter asked.
“Go annoy another table,” I looked at his name tag, “Jeff Swift. Father of Mick Swift I assume.”
“Yes, sir.”
“Go away. Now. Your presence is irritating me.”
“Yes, sir.”
“Jack, not nice. Seeing how I asked you out I thought you’d be on your best behavior, but I guess not,” Reyna snapped at me.
“Sorry, ma’am, I’ll go.” I started to get up but she stopped me.
“I’m the one supposed to leave you. It’s not the other way around.”
“See you tomorrow?”
“Nope. Do not expect your name being shouted across the hall ever again!” she left me right then.
“I brought you here, and you don’t know who might take you,” I warned, “Let me take you to your house and I’ll leave you there.”
“Fine.”

I brought her in complete silence. I didn’t relish the idea, but nobody cares any more.
“So, I was thinking earlier that we should make a club called ‘Life is for Everyone’ or L.I.F.E. for short,” I stated.
“Maybe. You’re still not on my good side. You’re getting there, but, no.”
“Reyna, look I didn’t know you asked it like that. I thought it was just a friendly eat. Nothing more; nothing less.”
“Oh. I thought Alexis told you.”
“Told me what?”
“I like, like you.”
We stood in silence for about a minute, but it seemed like hours. “Really?” I regained my mind.
“I didn’t want to tell you because, well, I didn’t know how you’d react.”
I wanted to tell her I felt the same way, but my words wouldn’t come out. She looked stunning tonight with her blonde hair over her shoulders, braided with flowers in them. Her red dress shimmered in the moonlight, other than Victoria Falls she was the most beautiful person I know.
“Jack?”
“What?”
“You look flattered, what are you thinking about?”
“What are you thinking about?”
“This,” she pulled me in and kissed me. It was only on the cheek but it was the most memorable thing ever. She left me, speechless. I managed to say goodbye and left.

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3