The Amazingly Boring Life of Thea Evans | Teen Ink

The Amazingly Boring Life of Thea Evans

By AquarianGoddess BRONZE, parkville, Maryland
AquarianGoddess BRONZE, Parkville, Maryland

‘Beep Beep Be-“

“Shut up!” I groaned into my pillow as I kicked my feet wildly on the bed. Why do alarms even exist? They are loud and they take away from my precious sleeping time. Like can you be any more inconsiderate. Getting out of bed, I stuffed my nicely manicured toes into my pink and gray bunny slippers. Don’t judge, they are super comfortable and make my feet very warm. I walked into my bathroom and nearly died of a heart attack as the sight that was staring back at me.

“Who the fudge nuggets is that in my bathroom mirror” I ducked down behind my bathroom sink, slowly peeping my head up afraid that if I got to close if would jump out and eat me. How did the grudge even get into my house, I could have sworn I left her in the movie theatre. I shot up from behind the sink and started wiping at the mirror hoping to get the ugly image out. Its hair was in a tangled mess and what look like drool dried on the side of her mouth. It was not a pretty sight. I banged against the mirror again; maybe if I talk to her nicely it will go away.

“Um excuse me Ms. I Need to Wash my Face ASAP, would you mind like going away so I can see myself in the mirror” I asked in my nicest voice possible. I looked at the mirror expectantly, but nothing happened. I leaned a little closer and realized…Oh wait, that’s actually me. Ewww, I quickly looked away and started to take a hot shower to get ready for the day. After showering, I walked out and stood in front of my messy closet. Now what should I grace my body with today? I decided on a black shirt that came mid-thigh with some long black socks, a red crop top and a pair of black and white chucks. I paired it with a bleached denim jacket and some gold bracelets.

You guys are probably wondering who I am and why I am telling about every little detail in my life. Well the name is Thea, Thea Evans… you see what I did there. No…okay moving on. I’m 17 and I live in Long Beach, California. I live with my twin brother and my totally awesome dad. My mom walked out on us a year ago. To be honest it’s like she never left, she was never around anyway. After doing my makeup I grabbed my phone and my wallet and headed downstairs to get breakfast. When I got downstairs, my brother, Jordan, was eating a waffle breakfast sandwich, which to him consist of a waffle, eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese, hash browns and another waffle. I don’t know about you but that sounds like a serious heart attack.

“Diabetes much?” I asked with a disgusted look on my face as I grabbed an apple out of the fruit basket.

“Excuse you, I’ll have you know that this sandwich has all the necessary food group all packed in to one” He smirked.

I looked at him with my eyes squinted, “Oh really, name all the ‘appropriate’ food groups”

“Let’s see, we have yogurt, meat, bread, cheese and umm…” He looked to my dad who had just came in the kitchen to fix him a cup of coffee. “Dad help me out here” he pleaded. My dad looked at my brother than back at his newspaper and then gave the face that signaled don’t even try to get me into a battle we will both lose. How fathers say everything they are thinking with just one look, I will never know. But my dad has two simple rules about living with women: 1. Never leave the toilet seat up and 2. Never argue with a woman. Ever.

“But dad, I can’t just let her walk all over me and assume that I don’t know anything. That means she wins.” He slumped against the counter with huff.

“You don’t.” I coughed out “Oh I’m sorry. It must be something going around”

“Son, you lost this battle when you were born a minute after your sister. Just let it go and walk away” He said without looking up from his paper. I smiled in triumph as I took the last bite of my apple and tossed it into the trash. I kissed my dad on the check while grabbing my bag and keys from the chair.

“Bye daddy, see you later. Jordan if you are not done with your heart attack in the next three minutes, I’m leaving you.” I said making my way out the front door.

My dad looked up from his paper and smiled, “Love you too sweet heart, have a good day…you too Jordan.” He went back to reading his paper. Do dads do anything else but read the newspaper?

I get in my car and start it, pretending to swerve off as my brother makes it out the house.

“Thea! Why do you always do this to me?” He exhales as he finally catches up to the car and hops in.

“I do it because you always all for it and run after the car”, I said laughing as I drive towards our school.