Music | Teen Ink

Music

March 16, 2017
By Kinera BRONZE, unknown, Other
More by this author
Kinera BRONZE, Unknown, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“ Allison !!!!!!!” Thea screamed.
Thea and I share the same apartment since our freshman year of college so it’s been 3 years now. However I know her since always and she was my best friend for as long as I can remember.
“ Allison !!!!” She called again
I left my desk and go to her room. When I enter, I can see her back, she’s looking at something on her desk. Thea had always been pretty with long brown hair and blue eyes. I was her opposite, I was blond with brown eyes.
“Allison !!!!”
“ Stop screaming, I’m here. What ? “ I wasn’t really happy because she made my left my book and I hate being interrupted when I reading.
“ Look” she said pointing to her phone. “ Isn’t it great ? “
“ Umm.. yeah it’s your phone and ?” I was really confused
“ AND ?????” She looked really excited but also a little hurt by the fact that I didn’t share her enthusiasm. “ This is the best invention in the world, I’m so proud of myself “ She continued
“ I’m sorry but I’m not sure to understand…” I was even more confused than before. Did she smoke something ? Maybe someone came into our apartment and drugged her so she accept to do their homework. Thea was always very intelligent and everybody asked her to do their homework. At first she would say yes but then it became out of control so she stopped it completely.
“ I just created a time machine” She said with a big smile on her face.
Ok, so she is definitely on drugs. I needed to do something but what ?
“ Why aren’t you saying anything ? You’re supposed to be happy and ask me how it works” She sounded really disappointed.
I decided to play along.
“ How does it work ? “ I asked
“ I’m glad you asked.” Her smile was back on her face. “ It’s simple, you choose a song, you  play it and it transports you in the year the song was recorded”
“ Did you try it ?” I was still really perplex
“ No, This is why I called you, so we can try it together” She said as if I was an idiot. “ I always wondered what the 70’s looked like…”
“ But....” I tried to say but she didn’t let me.
“ No buts… I got it !” She screamed and before I could say anything she pressed PLAY.
I just got enough time to recognize the song Summer Nights from the musical Grease and then everything became black.
I was scared, I wanted the light to come back, I wanted to know what was going on. My prayers were answered when a few seconds later the light came back. It was blinding. I waited a few more seconds for my eyes to adapt to this light. I was in the street and in front of me was Thea with a big smile on her face. I was bewildered.
“ It works “ Thea sang and some music started to play and a bunch of people appeared behind her and started to echos by singing what she just said. They were dressed in black and were dancing. I was perplexed, who was those people ?  Then Thea started to dance with them. I was, once again, surprised because she hated dancing. However, what surprised me the most is when I started to dance with them. I didn’t even know that I knew the choreography. This was when I realized something and it scared me a lot.
“ How are we supposed to go back home ?” I sang and I was impressed, I didn’t know I could sing that well. Then, the people who came from nowhere began to sing what I just said.
“ When the song end, we’ll automatically send back home… I guess “ She sang.
“ You guess or you’re sure ? “ I asked  and at this moment we were not in the street anymore but in a bar and the choreography changed, but I knew all the movement and Thea too.                                                                                                                            “ I’m sure, now, stop worrying and enjoy. This is so much fun” She laughed and sang in the same time. I did as she said and she was right, it was really fun. Then, without any warning, everything became black and the music stopped.

The author's comments:

Everything they are saying after she pressed play come from Selena Gomez’s songs. Between the parenthesis is the title of the song where you can find the sentence.

We were back in her room. She pressed the button STOP and we stared at each other. Then we just started to scream and jumped.
“ That was A-MA-ZING !!!” I yelled
“ I knoooooooow !!! We need to do it again”
“ Yesssss “ I was so excited
“ Ready ? I’m going to press PLAY” She asked
“ WAIT” I screamed
“ What ? You’re scared ? “ She said while moving her eyebrows to make fun of me.
“ No” I answered “ I just think that it would be better to try with another song “
“ Ok, which one ? “
“ Who says by Selena Gomez”
“ Selena Gomez ?”
“ Yes, it’s my favorite song of all times and I swear to God if you criticize her, I’ll kill you”
“ Chill out, you know that I like her too”
“ Sorry, it just that you can say anything about me I don’t care but if you insult my Queen, I become someone else. It’s so weird, I am just overprotective of her even though she doesn’t know I exist” I said a little bit sad. My dream was to see her in concert but every time she came in my city, I couldn’t go. The first time she came, I was in high school, and it was a Wednesday so I had school the next day so my parents didn’t let me go. The second time she came, I was in vacation in Italy so I couldn’t go. The third time, I had tickets and I was so excited but she canceled her concert because she was sick. It was one of the saddest day of my life.
“ I know how you’re feeling, I am the same as you when it comes to Ariana Grande. Wait just the time I find his song and I’ll play it “ She said with a huge smile. Thea was one of those girls who are always smiling and this was something that I like about her, but sometimes it can be creepy. One day, in fifth grade, she broke her arm and she was still smiling as if nothing happen.
“ Got it !! ” She exclaimed and she pressed PLAY.
Once again everything became black and I could feel that something was happening and then light again. It blinded me for a few seconds.When I could see again I was really surprise. I was in Thea’s room and everything was exactly the same as before. Thea was standing in front of me and she looked as surprised as me. I wanted to ask her what happened but instead I said “ It's the time that you totally screwed up” ( hit the light)
“I'm sorry it had to be this way. “(I WON’T APOLOGIZE) She answered “ I guess I should've known It wasn't gonna end okay “( CRUSH) She added.
“ It's all gonna be okay, yeah “(THE WAY I LOVED YOU) I said, trying to reassure her but it didn’t seem to work so I add “This won't take too long, you'll see”(REVIVAL) This was really bizarre because my words didn’t came out as I wanted them to. It was as if someone was talking for me.
“You don't understand” ( ME & MY GIRLS) She said “the rhythm takes you over, Takes you to a different place, A different space” ( ME AND THE RHYTHM). You could see she was really sad and then she added “What happened to that, what happened to that” ( LOVE WILL REMEMBER)
“You won't know anything unless you try, might endup falling but you just might fly” (MAKE IT HAPPEN)
“I can't explain “(A YEAR WITHOUT RAIN)
“Oh, oh, oh, It's magic” (MAGIC) Why did I say that ? “ The conversation goes nowhere(MY DILEMA). I knew I was right nothing made sense, either what we were saying nor the way we were saying it.
“Hey, ok stop” ( HOLD ON). Thea said “ Let me see what's going on, going on, going on”(WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN). I didn’t say anything  and she said “ I won't be whining about what might've been You know i'm not too big on giving in” (MAKE IT HAPPEN). Then everything became black

“ What just happened ? “ I asked Thea, I was really confused
“ I think, but I’m not sure, we were talking with Selena Gomez’s songs lyrics because there is no way I would talk like that naturally.”
“ Thea you’re a genius ! “ I said and hugged her
“ I know, I know “ She said smiling “ Now it’s my turn “
“ Your turn for what ?”
“ it’s my turn to play my favorite song of all times”
“ Which is ? “ I asked    
“My heart will go on by Celine Dion” She said without any hesitation.
“ How could I forget that “ I laughed. When we were little, Thea used to listen to this song 24/7. Every time I went into her room, I could hear this song. It was crazy, I used to know all the lyrics by heart even though I never listen to this song by myself.
“ Play it “ I said with a big smile and as she pressed play me smile grew.
Everything became black, I closed my eyes and I could feel my body leaving the ground. When I felt my body touching the ground again I opened my eyes, but nothing. I couldn’t see anything. I was really scared, I knew that I was stuck and there was no coming back, I was going to die. Then I thought of Thea maybe she was stuck too so I yelled her name and all I could hear was her screaming. Her screamed seemed so close. Then she added :
“ No need to yell, I’m just next to you “
I was relieved.
“ Where are we ? “ I asked
“ I don’t know “
“ Please tell me it’s joke “ I begin to panic again.
“ Wait, I think I’ve got something …  GOT IT” she screamed and at the same time light appeared and blind us.
“ How did you do that ? “ I wondered.
“ I opened the door” She laughed.
She started to walk through the light, I followed her. We were outside and what we saw then was beautiful. We had an amazing view of the sea. It was probably the afternoon, the sun was shining and was reflecting on the water.
“ Look “ Thea was pointing her finger toward something. I followed the direction and I saw two women and a man talking, they were wearing clothes from the early 1900’s. This is when I realized we were on a boat..
“ We’re in the movie !! “ Thea said, we could hear the excitement in her voice.
I was really confused and then I realize that she was talking about the movie Titanic so it meant that we were not on any boat, no, we were on the Titanic.
She, took my hand, “ come on “ she said and started to walk.
“When are we going ? “ I wasn’t really at ease because I always been scared of being on a boat.
“ We’re going to find Leo” She said as if it was obvious.
“ Who’s Leo ? “
“ Leonardo DiCaprio, idiot” She laughed
“ I want an autograph” She added
“ But we can’t …”
“ Shut up and follow me” She said irritated
I followed her inside. We turned left, then right, and right again and then left and she stopped in front of two big old-fashion doors.
“ We’re there” She whispered and opened the door.
“ Where are we ? “ I asked.
“ The ballroom” She whispered again as if it was a secret.
In front of me I could see a huge and beautiful wood staircase but nobody was here. I looked at Thea and I could see she was really disappointed.
“ He must be in the dinning room “ She exclaimed. And once again I was following her in this maze but surprisingly she knew exactly where to go.
“ This time, he’s going to be here” She said more to reassure herself than me. She opened the door. The walls of the room were white just like the tablecloths and the chairs were green and made of wood. All the tables were occupied by well-dressed people and a lot of other people were just standing next to the tables and were talking to people sitting on the chairs. Some of them were laughing, others were arguing or flirting, I felt out of place.                                          
“ ALLISON !! HE’S HERE !!” Thea yelled, pointing her finger toward a table at the other end of the room. She began to walk in his direction. I tried to follow her but I couldn’t because of all the people. Besides, she was walking way faster than me. However I could still see her and she was really close to his table when all of the sudden everything became black.

The author's comments:

Everything they are saying after she pressed play come from Justin Bieber’s songs. Between the parenthesis is the title of the song where you can find the sentence.

We were back in her room. I pressed the button STOP on her phone and I looked at her. She looked very disoriented.
“ NOOOOOOOO” She screamed “ It’s not possible, I was less than 10 feet away from him” and she began to cry. I hugged her and tried to reassure her by telling her that it’s wasn’t him anyway. I didn’t know what to do, I always been really bad with dealing with crying people. She broke the hug and looked at me dead in the eyes and said “ We need to go back there” .
“ Are you sure it is what you want because we can be sure we’re going back on the boat or maybe not in the same time maybe the boat is drowning right now, it could be really dangerous”
“Allison” She said with a really severe tone  “It wasn’t a question, it was an affirmation , we are going back and you can’t stop me”
“Ok, but if we die, it’s on you”
“We’re not going to die” She said, rolled her eyes and started to look for something on her closet.
“What are you doing ?” I asked
“I’m changing my clothes, if I’m meeting Leo, I need to be pretty.” She said as if it was obvious.
“Of course…” I whispered
“Which one ?” She asked. In her left hand she was holding a blue dress and in her right hand she was holding a black dress.
“ This one” I said pointing at the black dress. I never understood why she always asked my opinion on what to wear because I didn’t know anything about fashion.
“It’s my favorite too” She said and disappeared in the bathroom. I waited and 25 minutes later she came back in her dress and with her makeup and hair perfectly done.
“I’m ready” She said and she seemed nervous. I could understand why, she was about to meet her celebrity crush when he was almost 20 years younger.
“ Here we go” I said and pressed PLAY and the moment I pressed this button I realized my mistake but it was too late everything was already black and my feet had already left the floor.
The light came back and we were still in her room. I knew this would happen, but she didn’t so you could see on her face a mix between confusion, sadness, anger.
“Is it too late now to say sorry ?”(SORRY) I asked even though I already knew the answer
“What do you mean? Ohh ohh ohh”( WHAT DO YOU MEAN) She asked. I didn’t answer because I didn’t know what to say without her getting mad at me. But she was just staring at me waiting for an explanation so I said  “You already know the answer”(WE ARE). She looked even more confused than before.
“What?  W..Wait” (HEARTACHE). At this instant I knew she understood what was going on and that she won’t be happy. “It's Justin... Bieber” (YOU WANT ME) She added. She looked so angry, I knew it was the end for me so spoke before she could say anything else.
““There's no need to fight, I want to spend that time laughing out loud cause there ain't really no time for arguing no” (PLAYTIME) I said. “ So take a deep breath and let it go” (COLD WATER) I added with a big smile on face hoping it would change her reaction. But she didn’t say anything, she just looked at me and then she turned her head away from me. I knew her well so I knew it meant she was extremely mad.
“ I'm sorry yeah” (SORRY) I whispered but she heard me because she looked at me and then turned her head away again. This is when I understood that she wouldn’t talk to me ever again or at least not before all of this was finished.
“Talk to me “(FLATLINE) I pleaded but I knew it was useless because Thea always was a really stubborn girl. So I stopped talking too and just waited for the song to end. The wait seemed endless and I could wait anymore.
“I know you don't wanna talk, right”(NO PRESSURE) I said a little too loud but I didn’t get any reaction from her which made me mad so I screamed “Ooh just leave the past behind”(HIT THE GROUND) and left the room. As I do so, everything became black and I knew that it was the end of the song. I was relieved but at the same time I was afraid because I didn’t know what to expect from Thea.
The light came back and we were still in her room. Thea looked at me and said “ If you do something like that again, I swear I’ll kill you” then she added with a smile “ Now, direction the Titanic”. I smiled I was happy that she no longer was mad at me.
“ Allison !!! “ She screamed
“ What ? “
“ It doesn’t work” She cried “See ? “ She pressed the button play for the Céline Dion’s song and indeed nothing happened. I tried it too and nothing happened. We tried with others songs but nothing happened.
“ I can believe Justin Bieber broke it “ She cried and all I could do was trying to comfort her.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.