Letters from society | Teen Ink

Letters from society

By Thisisreal_life PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas
Thisisreal_life PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas

"so do it. Decide. Is this the person you want to be? Is this the life you want to live? Is this the best you can be?"
"I survived the fire because the fire within me burns brighter than the one around me"

Dear Teenager,

You better be prepared for the worst days of your life, because sweetie, I am on my way. I will show you no mercy, and I will take over your life. You will fight me so hard and long, all you'll want to do is sleep. I will beat you so hard, all you will want to do is cry.

I will take over your mind at its weakest moments- it's moments of sadness. I will make you fill to the brim with despair and pain. So much of it, the only way to escape is hurting yourself, one way or another.

I am what they call a murderer. I make teenagers commit suicide daily, even hourly. Every now and then, the teen will fight back. I don't worry because, I always come back.

Tell me, Teenager, are you afraid?

If not, don't worry.

You will be soon.

Yours truly,

Depression

Dear teenager,
I know you fat, and I know you feel ugly. I know how to solve that. Just let me into your life. All you will want to think about is me, and soon, you will not touch another burger again. You will see results quickly. you will lose pounds by the day! I know it may seem hard to stay away from that sweet donut at first, but I assure you, it will get so much easier! Oh, I must warn you- I add to your problems, but I will seem like a good idea at the time. By the time you realize you need to eat, it will be too late to stop. I am an addiction, and I cannot be stopped.
See you soon,
Anorexia

You are a murderer. How did I ever let you take over my life, even for a day? You nearly killed me in our war. I nearly let you win. You left bruises, you left scars. They are now reminders of a dark time that I can never take back. Sometimes I fear that I haven't won yet, that you are planning your revenge on me.
Tell me, why do you get so much pleasure in other's pain? I've told Hope that they are not a strong thing, but I can't say the same for you. You are strong, almost stronger than fear. You take over minds, and end lives. You are worse than any serial killer I have I heard of in my entire life. Your strength is terrifying, yet angering.
This battle between us-its not over. I can feel you, whispering my name as I write this. I will be scared, and always will be. But I will never lose. I will never give up. I may scream, I will bleed and cry, but I will never bleed and die. I am strong, stronger than you. I'll see you soon. May the strongest one win.
Sincerely,
The Girl who Fears You

Sincerely,
The Girl who Fears You

Dear IOD,
I HATE YOU!
I HATE YOU!
IHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOU
I
HATE
YOU.
You have broken me, over and over again. I Have given you the power to destroy me. I regret you every time I look at my arms, my legs, my sides. I can't escape your presence.
I know I was at a low time in my life but- God,- I can't believe I ever let you enter my life. That I held you in my hands once.
This is the end of the line, IOD. I can't put my life in your hand any more. It's over between us.
Goodbye,
Teen in recovery

Dearest Child,

Where have you gone? One day, we are pretending to be pirates and spies, running around for fun, the next, you pretend to be someone you are not. Now, all you think about is that cute person in spanish, who you think is muy calliente. I miss our confident days, when you were so playful and happy. Where did all the energy go?

Cooties turned into STD's, cigars, once yucky, now cool. Everything we once knew, gone. You once cried about a scraped knee, and now you cry over heartbreak.

Do you miss me like i miss you? Do you miss the Dog Days? I do. We never were bored.

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in your head. Are you scared? Happy? Okay? You once were an open book, and now you are a book in a foreign language I cannot translate.

I know it happens to everyone, but maybe nobody wants it. Did you want it to end?

So many questions, with answers I may never get.

Sincerely,

Your Childhood

Dear Boy,

You put so many things in my life. The 'Hell' in 'Hello', the 'lie' in 'believe', and the 'end' in 'friend'. You made me miserable, and for what? You didn't make me feel beautiful, or loved. I was insecure with you.

I am done wasting my tears on you for you to just watch them fall. You gave me the scissors a while ago. I am now using them to cut you off.

I deserved to be loved, to be desired. I deserve better. You gave me hatred, abuse. You did nothing. You don't deserve me, you never did.

Maybe if I was someone else, you would love me. If I was some barbie doll of your choice, you would have treated me better. But in reality, I am no Barbie Doll, and you are not capable of unconditional love.

I regret giving you my heart to break. I regret you. Because of my, of my foolishness, I am sad. I am sad, hurt, angry, and dissapointed, but you know what? I am going to put on a smile and forget you. It will hurt, but I will survive.

I am a strong, beautiful survivor, and I don't need some overrated boy to tear me apart.

So here it is. The 'Good' in 'Goodbye'.

Goodbye Boy.

Love/Hate,

The Girl That Used to be Yours

Dear girl,
I hate you, yet I love you. I hate that I love you so much, but I cannot talk to you. Everytime I'm around you, my mouth dries up, and my mind switches to code red. There is so much I want to say to you, bit am too afraid to say outside of my mind.
You are so beautiful. So beautiful, it hurts. If someone asked me for my definition of beauty, I would say your name. Your laugh is nothing like I have heard. It makes me smile. Hell, I want to be the one to make you smile and laugh.
I love how you care about others. How you put others before yourself. It's time for you to come first for once, and with me, you could.
You don't care what others think, and I admire that. I can tell that you don't always believe you are beautiful, but I know it, and I won't stop until you know it too.
I wish I had the nerves to tell you how I feel. To walk up to you and plant a kiss on your full lips to show how much I love you. This letter will have to do for now, I suppose.
Soon to be yours,
The Boy who is in Love with You

Dearest Girl,

I hate you. I love you. What the heck is wrong with you? Can't you do anything right? I know you are trying, but hell, try harder! You look so good today, but that damn zit ruins everything. You cannot go to school looking like that!

Why do you push yourself so hard? You need to push harder or you will never get into college, and then you'll never have a life of your own!

Don't give up.

I give up.

Love/Hate,

The Girl Also Known as You