The Secret Keepers | Teen Ink

The Secret Keepers

By Darqu3ss3 SILVER, Johannesburg, Other
Darqu3ss3 SILVER, Johannesburg, Other

" be carful of who you trust for the devil was once an Angel until he fell from Heaven"

Author's note:

I started writing this book when I was 14, So don't blame me for the bad spelling.... blame spell check

Hmmm, reading it now it seems kinda sucky T-T.... oh well .. please tell me what you think

Life? Death? Sanity? Insanity? To me these things do not exist. They are just words to describe what my mother told me four years ago. She told me that life and death, sanity and insanity, are intricately linked together and that one cannot exist without the other. It was on that day that I found out that my family was one of the last Secret Keepers.
My name is Amber, I have emerald green eyes and Ebony black hair, and I am 16 years old.

The world is in complete and utter chaos after a Tsunami wiped out the West coast in the USA. It seems as if the world itself is retaliating against human civilization. It is as if God is punishing us but it was inevitable that this would happen. We were the cause of the worlds “retaliation”. We did not see that the more resources we took and the less we gave to our planet would be the cause of our destruction.

It has been one year since we last had contact with Peru, Brazil, Egypt, Washington D.C, South Africa and Australia. Thanks to major Electric Magnetic Bombs or EMP's we have lost all power to major cities and countries around the world. The only technology that works is the ones that use batteries, but not cell phone batteries, naturally. The weather … it seems to be getting worse.

People are starting to get paranoid as they watch others vanish into thin air. There seem to be no animals, wild or domestic, roaming around the woodsm or the suburbs. It is like all life on earth is holding its breath until the clock runs out for humanities extinction. I have arrived in a small town in Russia. I gained information from someone saying that the Japanese have built a space station for people to survive on.

I walk down the first street and bump into another person. He has, for some reason, a vacant expression on his face.

“Hmm, oh sorry, I did not see you there, my name is Jason may I ask yours?” he asks after realizing we bumped into each other.

“My name is Amber.” I reply as calmly as I can because I have not seen another person in two months. From looking at him I can tell he is no older than 19 years, he seems to be serious when he wants to be.

“Where are you heading to all alone?” he asks with a c***y smile on his face. I realised I had not spoken in a while.

“Japan.” I reply coolly. He looks at me with his dazzling turquoise eyes and smiles.

“Japan? Why are you going there?”  He asks whilst running his hands through his light blonde hair. I explain to him why I am going to Japan and he smiles a mischievous smile

“I don’t think a lady should travel by herself.” He says as if he made up my mind but I found it hard to argue with him about it as it would be great to have the company.

So, after he decided to tag along, we set out together and suprisingly enough after walking for a few more miles we bump into another person, its as if fates are throwing us together.

” Hey! Watch were you're going!” a young girl says with a hateful look on her face.
“Sorry,” Jason mumbles
“My name is Jason and this is Amber, may I ask what your name is?” he then asks inquisitivly almost memorising her features.

She looks at us with her hazelnut brown eyes and sweeps back her long red hair, “My name is Natasha.” She says having a slightly angry look in her eyes. She looked no older than 17 years; she clearly came from an upper class family. ‘Where are you two going?” she asks as a intrigued look overtakes the angry look in her eyes.

Jason than explains where we are going and why and She decides to just tag along with us. Great!

We start walking again, casually exploring the town, when we hear someone calling us.
"Hey, Wait up!!"
I turn around and look at who was calling. The girls seem to be the same age, probably about 15 years, and are identical, twins perhaps.

“Hi, I’m Rose and this is my sister Risa.” Rose says before Jason can introduce us.
“I’m Jason, this is Amber,” he says pointing to me,” and this is Natasha.” the twins both have light brown hair and Baby Blue eyes with freckles on their noses.

"Where are you going?" Risa asks curiosly.
"Can we come with?"Rose asks before we can anwser Jason explains where we're going and why and the twins decide to join us. All five of us walk together and very soon we are miles out of Town when we hear a whistle. Jason turns around see three people coming towards us.

“Heya~, I’m Tanika.” A girl about the same age as me says. She has curly russet brown hair, and jade green eyes.
” My name is Jake” a young guy at the age of 17 said, he had ginger hair and the most tantalizing azure blue eyes.
“And my name is Kelly.” A cheery expression graced her face as she said this; she had burgundy red hair and auburn brown eyes. Jason introduces us and then all eight of us set off on an adventure to get to Japan.