The Mission | Teen Ink

The Mission

By AmyS.G BRONZE, Ankeny, Iowa
AmyS.G BRONZE, Ankeny, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

There is No mistakes in writing; Just new idea :)

“Jamal, Granni Raz is here.” Jamal runs down the stairs to find his wrinkled, gray haired Grandma Raz standing by the door. He was happy to see her. It has been such a long time because his Grandpappy Abbe has been very sick and refuses to go to the Hospital. He was a Stubborn old man and no matter what, he always got what he wanted. Anyway, it was Jamal’s Birthday and his Grandma Raz had a pretty wrapped box in her hands. “Grandma Raz!!! Is that for me?” asked Jamal, “Why yes Honey bunches,” replied Raz. Grandma Raz always was coming up with the best nicknames. “Open it, go on, Open it.” Jamal pulls the bow off and ripped open the box. Inside the box he found a wonderful Present. “Wow! thanks Grandma, I’ve always wanted one.” At that comment Jamal found her little sister Belle coming down the stairs. “Grandma!!” Belle yelled, as she was running to give Raz a big hug. “Ohh, what’s that Jamal?”asked Belle.
“It’s a ---” as Jamal was about to tell Belle what it was, Raz cut in “ Well, I better be getting back to Papy Abbe,” then she walked out the door and was gone before they could even say goodbye.

Jamal was thinking back to where this all began. He remembered the day he got the mission and when his Grandma Raz was just Grandma Raz, not this undercover secret agent. He sort of missed having his Grandma around all the time, but that doesn’t matter now. What matters is going on his mission to save is Grandpappy Abbe. Time was running out, and he needed the Gem of Powers to be healed.
He started walking down the Gravel Path and into the woody area behind his house. There he found his old treehouse from long ago. He had good memories of playing with his sister in here. He remembered all the toys they had up there and all the times they tried to  camp up there but always got to scared. As he started to climb up the old broken down latter, he heard his name and stopped. He thought he was just imagining things until he heard his name again, and then he saw a shadow. He jumped off the latter and started to run farther into the woods. “WAIT” said a voice, Jamal thought it sounded familiar and stopped. He saw a shadowy figure climb down the latter. It was dark and he couldn’t quite make out the Figure. Then it started coming towards him. He picked up the biggest branch he could find and was about to whack the Figure until… “Wait, stop it’s just me,” Jamal put down the branch and saw his Sister standing right in front of him.
“Belle? What are you doing out here” Jamal asked Confusingly.
“Well, I saw you pack a bag with a notebook and some food and clothes and I thought you were running away”
“I wouldn’t run away, you know that”
“I know, but let me finish. I took the notebook out of your bag--”
“YOU TOOK MY NOTEBOOK?!” Jamal started rummaging through his bag and noticed the bag not there.
“Let me FINISH!”
“Where is my notebook? Give it back, it has a lot of important stuff in that.”
“ I know, that’s why I took it. I thought, at the MOMENT, that it would have some plan for you running away. I went thought the notebook and saw you were leaving tonight. You're going to the treehouse, so I packed my own bag and was planning to meet you here, and I realized you're on a mission.  I saw everything, I know everything. I want to help. I love Grandpappy Abbe, and I want to heal him too, PLEASE.”
Jamal thought about it for a few seconds then he replied. “Okay, but you can’t hold me back, you got to keep up and help me out. I’m a nerd and you know that. I don’t like nature, and I have no idea why she put me on this mission.”
“Thank you, Big brother”
They climb up into the treehouse and went over some notes. They wrote down some clues from the phone and lied down and fell asleep.

Why would Granny Raz, or should I say Agent Raz, give ME a mission? I’m a nerd, I read books and do homework. I don’t climb trees or play outside. Jamal was thinking to himself, trying to figure out the phone situation. How do I figure this out? On the gift from his granny it gave only few clues of how to solve the mission,but it stated very clearly what the mission was, which jamal thought was very helpful.
Mission: Help Agent Rax heal her Love before Time Runs out           48:35:00
Time was counting down each second. Than below the Mission it stated the Clues, or to Him, more like Riddles. RIDDLES!! That’s what they are. I have to figure out the riddle.  Jamal Jumped out of bed and ran to his desk to start scribbling down all his thoughts.
It’s Stone, but pretty, there are thousands of them but the one I want you to find is Special.
Jamal thought to himself: Stone but pretty. What stone is pretty? He looked it up on his Computer: OH Duh, GEMSTONES!!! Jamal figured out the first part, but he couldn’t Figure out the last part. It's a Gemstone that's Special. Hmm… He looked Special Gemstone up on his computer. All that came up where myths about the Gem of Powers. “The Gem of Powers. What if it’s not a myth, what if Grandma Raz knows that, and she wants me to find it to Heal Grandpappy Abbe. THAT’S IT!! Jamal Figured out the mission, all he has to do is Figure out how to find it.  Then Jamal started writing down how he is going to get there.

Please if you liked this book read the Next one Coming soon 

Thank-you to all the readers 

Jamal walked over to his Grandma’s house to ask here a few questions about his mission.
“Grandma, I figured out the mission, bu---”
“That's great Jamal. Follow me”
Grandma, I can’t do it. It’s too complicated and I don’t ---”
“Hush Hush darling Grandpappy is having his nap” 
She walked over to the book case and found a book that was labeled LOSERS.  She pulled it down, almost like it was a slot machine. Than that's where he saw the bright light.

That’s all I can tell you. Remember it is a Secret mission.

But if you want to know more read the Continue Coming soon to find what happens next and if the save Grandpappy Abe.