Short Stories | Teen Ink

Short Stories

By IfeellikeImdrowing, Peoria, Arizona
IfeellikeImdrowing, Peoria, Arizona

"Never give up, for giving up isn't worth it" -Unkown

Do you know the feeling when you think someone cares for you, but then they really don't? They then turn their backs on you and you feel alone and useless? That feeling sucks doesn't it? No matter how hard you try to get over them and say you forgive them. You never do. You can never shake the feeling of disappointment. And then you can never trust again. It destroys your life. You get depressed and no one ever sees it. They never ask you is your OK. Never show you that they care. And that's when you fall down you deep dark hole. Never to be seen again. Truly forgotten. But there's this one person that spikes an interest in you and you seem like the happiest person in the world. They start talking to you and hanging out with you. You haven't cut in months because of this person. Then he asks you to be his girlfriend. You seem so elated and happy. You say yes. And at that moment you get a text. It's an old friend saying that he's playing you that he doesn't care. You look at the text shocked. And you don't know what to think. You look at him tears in your eyes. You show him the text he shakes his head. And says it's not true. That he does like you and does care about you. You continue to look at him and ask how you can trust him. He looks you in the eyes and smiles sadly. Says your name and tells you why. Why he asked you to be his. That you mean everything to him. And if he lost you he would shatter to pieces. You shake your head and head home. Not knowing what to say. You say you'll text him later. You go home and hear your parents fighting as usual. You unlock the door and their in your face screaming. You wish for it to stop and you just walk to your room. You try to ignore the pain welling up in your chest,­ you cry and it feels like is never going to stop. You get your razor and look at your wrist, wondering what would happen if you just end it here. But you send him a text first. Saying that you love him with your heart and soul to death. He doesn't understand what you mean and texts he loves you back. You go into you bathroom and turn on the shower. But you don't take your clothes off. You don't turn on your music. Everyone left so what's the point. You think you don't belong in this world. And that no one cares about you. And in some ways it's true. But what about him? You text him again. Saying you're sorry that you had to do this. He texts back confused. Wondering what you mean. But then he catches on. Yelling at you not to. He says he's coming over. But you don't answer. You're under the water you wrists cut. You kept your promise. And you left this world. Well almost. He comes running in screaming. And runs into the bathroom and he doesn't know what to do. He dials 911 and starts talking fast as he hurries to stop the bleeding. He grabs a towel and wraps it around one wrist. And grabs another for your other wrist. You slowly lift your eyes up at him. Tears in them. Then the ambulance is there. Paramedics are rushing in and they put you on a gurney and he follows. Never letting your hand go. Tears roll down his face all the way to the hospital. You reach the hospital and you are no longer conscious. Your heart rate is slowing. They try everything they can. The bleeding has stopped and so has your heart. But before you go you whisper oh so quietly that only he can hear you. I'm sorry...And that's the end of the line for you. And as it is for him. You caused a chain reaction. Not knowing that so many people care about you. He is with you know. Two of your friends are in therapy. And your parents blame themselves for this. You thought you weren't wanted...but in all reality you never saw past your pain. You never noticed that behind all the sadness and darkness, there was hope and love. But that was your choice. Now you're buried under ground and he along with you. At least you have him for eternity. And that's all you wanted.

Do you ever wish that you never did something that you did? Like break your parents trust one to many times? Or break all the promises you made to your friends? It sucks doesn't it? And it's hard getting back that trust. But that's your fault. You made the decisions. You decided to lie and keep things that you knew you should have told them. But you never did. Then they find out. And all Hell breaks loose. You try to make it right, but nothing seems to work. You can never fully gain their trust back. And they think you stopped cutting but what they don't know is that you never did. If they continue their fights and arguments you're going to get worse. If people at school don't stop bullying you and saying that they care, when in all reality they don't. You know something is going to happen. You say you better. And sometimes you believe it. But there are those days where you got to hide all your emotions. And pretend you are OK. But you know you never will be. But pretending is nice isn't it? Helps you escape the world every now and again. And you stopped eating entirely. Telling your parents you're just not hungry at the moment. Or say you already ate. And you hardly sleep. Getting 2 hours of sleep max. You start to fail your classes. And you try to get your grades up, but what's the point? It's not going to work. They're just going to fall down again. Your only 2 friends are worried about you. And they tell you that they will do you school work and homework. You just shrug. Not caring anymore. Not listening anymore. You are not here anymore. Your mind is up in the clouds. You wish this never happened. You wish you never lied. You wish that you kept your promises and never broke their trust. You think to yourself maybe you are better off away from here. In a place where they won't find you. You make a plan that night to run away. And you write them a letter saying just this;

"Dear mom and dad,

I'm sorry for all the things I did. I'm sorry for all the promises I broke. For tearing up our family. For breaking our love apart. I promise you this though, that you won't find. And that I don't want you to find me. I am tired of the fighting and everything else. I am tired of you blaming me for everything. And I understand that I have done a lot. But I didn't do everything. I didn't make you broke. I didn't lose a job. Those things are your fault. I never killed my little brother. I wasn't even home when that happened. And yet you still blame me for those things. That car crash dad was you. You did it on purpose. You told me so. Saying that you never wanted kids in the first place. And mom you never cared about me either. Every time I tried to tell you I was raped by your brother you never listened. You just brushed it off like it was nothing. I WAS RAPED AND YOU DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT!!! How could you? I thought you loved me...but I guess I was wrong. I should have never looked up to you. I should have done this a long time ago. I'm running away and never coming back. And don't look for me. And just forget about me.

Sincerely,

Annabelle

You back your things. But you don't go tonight. You want to say good bye to your friends first. And tell them what you're going to do. And that you will keep in touch. And that you will never forget them. The next day you're at school you're really nervous. But you know you have to say good bye. You waiting for a text message from each of them telling you that they are you. And when you get those you start to cry. These two people are the only people who have cared about you since the day you were reaped in second grade. And know your leaving them. They come up to you and see you crying. Now is the time. You look at them both. Jackson and Justin the twins you have known your entire life. You want to say something. But you hand them the letter instead. You look away watching people pass. When their done they hand it back. Tears in their eyes. And they say together that they are going with you. And you understand, because you have seen what they have been through. You know what their life is. And they know what yours is too. And they never want to leave your side. It's like having your little brother again. But different. They look like him a lot to. And you start crying again. Remembering your sweet and innocent 5 year old brother. With blonde hair and green eyes. They hug you. Knowing who you're thinking about. And they know that you are going to need them to survive out there. So you're glad they are coming. You ditch school with them and head over to their house. They write a letter to their parents as well and pack everything. Then you go to yours. Knowing that nobody is home, you grab you bags and set the letter on your mom's bed. Then you leave. And like you and the twins said, you are never coming back home.