zombie carnage | Teen Ink

zombie carnage

By johnsshortstorys_1, hallstead, Pennsylvania
johnsshortstorys_1, Hallstead, Pennsylvania

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. by robert frost

Author's note:

the walking dead inspired me to write this peice on zombies.

I grew up in this little town called Sparta. My senior year of school I got an offer to go to college for football. Then later that same day my girlfriend came up to me and said if you got an offer for college you might as well give up on college because I am pregnant for your child. When I went home that day I was thinking there goes my life it’s all over. But being a dad and a provider is more what I wanted my life to be like. So we got our own place right here in Sparta and we both raised him and it turned out that my son was the best thing that ever happened to me in my life.Twenty minutes later we arrived at my house. We got to the top of the stairs and boom we both hit our feet we just got shot.

“Son don’t shoot again it’s your dad!”
“Dad I cannot believe that you survived in the jail.”
“Well I was locked into a cell with no one in it so there was no zombies.”
“Come one we are going to my bunker”
So we got back in the swat van and then we took inventory of all the guns and ammo we got. But when we got to the bunker there was an old Camaro there. We pull up the drive way and then there are bullets flying everywhere. So Danny my son, John my friend, and Billy grab a gun and start shooting and we hit just about all the people that were shooting at us. So all 3 of us grabbed a tear gas bomb and we threw them into the bunker and all the people come running out of there. So we get our bunker back. We get all the guns and ammo and take it into the bunker and then the next thing we know the bunker just blows up.

I was always in trouble with the law in this little town called Sparta. Sparta is a small town where everyone knows each other and there is hardly any crime that takes place in that town. I got back home about twelve thirty one o’clock and Mary and I started fighting. So I got tired of her getting mad at me for going and having some fun with John. So I got sick and tired of this and I walked out the door and got into my truck and then the next thing I know there is a rock on my windshield. So she went to my gun rack in our room and came back out and she shot me in the leg. So I grabbed my shotgun out of the truck and I shot beside her and some of the pellets hit her and killed her. So my son is going to have to take care of himself. So the neighbor called the police and they took me to jail. The first two weeks of jail was fun but the rest of the time was like living on the street. I went to sleep today thinking about little Jimmy. Then when I woke up there was zombies everywhere around the jail. Then I found a guard with a gun full of shells and I shot my way out of the jail. When I got outside I found a swat van and I opened it up and there was a lot of guns and shells in there. I opened the van and then a shot rang out and hit the van and then my friend walked up behind me.
“Hey bud, How are did you survive?”
“I found a guard with a gun and I shot my way out.”
“Oh ok! Could we go to my house and get my son please?”
“Sure let’s go”
Twenty minutes later we arrived at my house. We got to the top of the stairs and boom we both hit our feet we just got shot.
“Son don’t shoot again it’s your dad!”
“Come one we are going to my bunker”

I am on my way to my tree stand to do a deer hunt. I get there and climb the tree and get into my stand. I am sitting there for about twenty minutes and then two huge buck walked out and I shot and killed the one and missed the other one. Then I climbed down out of my stand to go and find the deer and then I saw the deer and there was two zombies eating the deer. So I shot them. I am on my way back to the stand and then I finally get there again and then I get back up into the stand. A buck and a doe walks out and I shot again and then the doe dropped right in front of me. I got out of my stand and I dragged the deer back to the bunker and got the meat all taken care of. Then we got it in the freezer.

Little did I know I had a storage container of zombies! But I didn’t know the lock on that container was a bad lock. So one day when we woke up we were surrounded by guns and zombies when I woke up I was the last one alive they already got my son and friend from jail. So I grabbed a gun off the wall and killed all the zombies in the container. I have been doing this for about a year now. So I grabbed what guns I could and got out of there and then I crashed the truck and that blew up with me inside of it.