Enter | Teen Ink

Enter

May 19, 2016
By Crazykitty, colorado springs, Colorado
More by this author
Crazykitty, Colorado Springs, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I spot some sunlight soaking under the door. I reach to open it and to my surprise I hear a click. The door had never opened before for me. I crack open the door to a bright light room with a large window and different supplies in it. Is this a makeshift closet? Clash! Something clatters to the ground and I hear foot step but not large ones I look around a wooden table to see my cat Zoey sanding there looking shocked. ”Hey kitty, wanna kitty treat” I don’t actually have kitty treats but she doesn’t know that and before she can run back off I grab her and look back towards the door but it’s gone than back at the window but suddenly there are bricks there and I can’t leave, That was the last thing I remember.

I wake up on the middle of what looks like a cherry tree orchard. I was laying in the tall unkept grass Zoey laid against my leg asleep and I look to my left my bag was there and something orange on it. I carefully tried to move my arm and reach for the bag but in the end I woke up Zoey kitty and walked over to it    I grab the orange note and read it
Sorry you’re on your own
What does that mean? Where am I? What do I do? How did I get here? There were a million questions, I had no answers. I look in my bag I don’t remember have all this stuff but it’s there I grab the cat and wrap cloth around her to keep her from moving and put her in my bag. Then I search my bag to find;
Lots of plastic bags,
Two water bottles,
Some cloths,
A first aid kit,
And more items I didn’t want to look through one was a knife though. I quickly stash it in a pocket covered by a cloth so it wouldn’t stab Zoey. The cat being aware she was trapped now meowing like it was painful for her but she would run away if I didn’t

I walk over to one of the many blooming cherry trees they looked so pretty with their pink petals and bright red cherries. I grab a plastic bag and start working.
When I think it’s an hour later I stop plucking the bright red cherries from the tree. The sun is rising making the sky a bright pink to match the trees. The grass almost looks pink from the sky lighting it up. It was like I was trapped in a world of pink. I shoved the bag of cherries in with Zoey who stopped meowing for a little bit but let out a small meow because now she was more crammed then before.

I felt bad for Zoey who was now in the bag on my back and getting shaken badly. She was meowing lowly like she was trying to growl but got got messed up when she was lifted a little higher to go down immediately and was clearly not happy. I can’t blame her I wouldn’t like to be in her position at being bumped all trapped in a bag when she could be at home. I wonder if she knows where home is, or how we got here? Does she even know what’s happening? She probably does not, I don’t think I know either. I see a bright light and begin running towards it. Suddenly realizing it was a city and that the light I saw was only on out of a millions of bright flickering lights. Suddenly realizing there was something wrong I decide to explore the strange city. Then I realized the cars where running but not moving because there wasn’t a person in any of them, I walk into a doughnut shop it was open there still was no one there was even partially eaten donuts on the table. Why would someone leave before finishing their doughnut and leave it here on the table? ”Well it’s not stealing if there is no one in the city.” I grab a chocolate doughnut. Then I realize the horifiaghing thought what if it wasn’t just this city what if it was this country or the world? I walk over to a table and grab a cellphone that someone left then look at the date.my jaw drops last I knew it was 3016 not, definitely not 3425. Who knew what happened to everything in the world what happened to people, how am I here, Where is here, how can I be alive the average human only lives about 150 years not 409 years. ”How” I wonder out loud. Zoey meows a painful meow again.

Ten minnets later I hear music I have ben wandering around the city there where crashed cars still running because the petal was stuck somewhere sitting there. This music was the noise I heard though it was like all humans except me had just disappeared somehow. I go over to a car with keys in the door and open it. I go into the car and sit studying the surroundings. The car had tan leather like seats and it was large not like a minivan but close there was a large back like an open trunk that I could see. I set my bag in the passenger seat the poor cat trying to escape. I turn the key till the starts up and pull out. I drove badly to avoid all of the nonmoving cars I didn’t stop often except for when I have a difficult obstacle to move around. I didn’t really drive often I never had my own car and this wasn’t good practice the where cars not moving, I was all over the sidewalk and everywhere else, there was a cat meowing very loudly that I was going crazy. Then having an idea I turn on the radio and nothing played I switched the channels still nothing. The world may be like this but that wouldn’t be good. How did this happen? Why is it just me left? When did this happen? What happened that I’m fine?

Suddenly I see a person in the road I slide to a stop before them. Am I not alone? They get up and grab my bag and run after them. They keep running I yell “stop please!” I could make out long blonde hair flowing behind her. She began to slow down. I run to catch up with her and she falls over. I think she fainted.
I pick her up she is surprisingly light and walk back to the car I was using. I lay her down in the back seat. I couldn’t leave a person all alone latterly even. I close the door and se still fits in I put my bag in the passenger side and begin driving again. The girl was pail had light blond hair it was almost Wight. She was sort of tall she looked almost 14 or maybe early 15.
Around a half hour later the girl wakes up then I hear her ask softly “Lucy?”  How does this girl know my name? “uummmm do I know you?” I respond. “Yes... don’t you remember me?” “No... Actually I don’t remember the last 400 years” “ How could you not remember?” “ first  I have a question?” the girl nods. “Who are you?”  “Im Ashley ash for short.”. “ Ok hello ash.”. “hi!” she smiles happily. “now another question, how did we get here and what happened in the last 400 years?”. “ohh... ummm... that’s Going to take a while” . “ I got time” what else am I going to do,  fly to space? “maybe only say the large events though.” I don’t want to know absolutely everything. “Also why where you running from me?”.
After explaining a few times I began to understand in some ways “so no one understands me not even me?”. “well... some people understand more than others, I’m not the best person to explain.”
“Can you explain how I lost most of my memory.”  Then I swerve to avoid an car Zoey had stopped meowing a log while ago. “What was the last thing you could remember?”. I think for a while “I’m not sure I just remember the year, my name things like that.”
“Do you have any food?” Ash questions. I consider giving her some cherries then I look down at the gas light we were almost out I pull into a gas station I get out of the car and motion for Ash to do the same.
“you can go get something I’ll get the gas.”, ”how are we going to pay?“ she wonders don’t respond at first I think she got the idea. I grab a gas pump and put it in the car to fill up, when I’m done I join her to see her holding some bags. I grab some bas of my own and grab a ton of chips that look good and some candy I also grab water because you need it to survive and also grab soda though. “so healthy!” I think to myself my food choices are great right? I stash all the food away in the back of the car. But I grab a bag of chips out of the back and bring it up in the front. And sit it on the passenger seat. “How do you know how to drive if you can’t remember your life?” ash questions. “It’s kind of like a reaction like talking or walking that you just know.” I respond. I notice that there are a ton of cars, too many to swerve and avoid at once. I turn left into a park and drive across into another road.
Ash had fallen of her seat and slammed into my seat from the back. “ummm... have you heard of a seatbelt?” “no.” she says it like its normal or I just made the word up. “I’m not used to this type of car” the I slam on the breaks one again she flies forward and into my seat. I turn back and explain how to use a seat belt something I never thought I would have to teach a teenager in my life.
“This place is messed up.” I explain. The girl frowns “what makes you say that.” I look back to see messing with the seatbelt “Everything I guess the fact there’s no people  the time is messed up it looks like it did a long time ago but it’s a completely different year and the fact you don’t know how to use a car, how do you not know how to use a car.” I went on. “The world isn’t the same as it was when we met.”.  I frown a little then ask. “When did we meat?” she hesitates a shot while then says “I’m not one hundred percent sure we never kept track of time. We never had the resources. It would have given all of us away.”  I stop the car “give away what and all of us?” I question
“I don’t want to explain right now.” My mind rages on with questions though one was answered tons of others were created.

I begin to drive again then I stop something out of the corner of my eye, another car this one was also moving I turn around Ash getting thrown into her seat belt and I speed in the direction of the other car. The car was red and it was trying to speed away from me it turns unexpectedly I turn after it. The person must have been trying to out run me but they clearly weren’t very good. They were running into some small things and it was somewhat damaging their car. Out of nowhere they run into a car that is abandon and clearly the person took damage from it I slam the breaks and once again ash is shoved into the seatbelt. I get out of the car and open the door to see another person a girl with long brown hair she had a cut on her face from some glass that had shattered.
I walk over to the car to Ash’s open door and spot her trying to get out of her seatbelt “can you help me?” I press the release button and the release button and the seatbelt shoots back and frees her. She walks over and looks at the person and gasps “Haylie!” she explains. I can clearly tell that she know this girl. “Why does every person I meat here have to become unconscious?” she gives a little laugh and begins to search the  car for items. I open the back and see a first aid kit it is full of items that could help the cuts on the girls face. The cuts where oozing out blood, the dark red liquid was running down her face. I shiver, it looked discussing. I grab my shirt and tear a bit off of it and wipe off her face. The cloth that was once white is now a dark red.
I clear up her face but her clothes have blood on them too. I temporary cover the cuts with bandages but they won’t work the cuts will likely need stiches. I can’t do stiches I don’t know how or have the items.

I hear coughing from the car, the girl must be awake. Ash had beat me there the girl was likely injured badly and needed a professional doctor which I wasn’t she would also have scars. I go into the car and get a bottle of water and bring it to the girl it is instantly empty liked she swallowed the water  in one gulp.
After an hour the girl is in the car ash explains the seatbelt again and she did a little better than I did as I drove. “you should have been wearing one before you crashed.” I explain “it would have hurt you less.”  She thinks for a second then responds “I didn’t even know how to use a car I was messing with the controls and crashed.”

I dream of a person their face is blank no features same with the rest of their body their voice echoes in the blackness around us I can’t make out what they are saying, “who are you?” I question the stranger. Suddenly I am in the storage room again Zoey isn’t there this time I go straight for the door and make it into a hallway out of one door I see a bright light soaking through there is a light going under all the door, the hallway seams endless it looked like a mile long I start walking down it then I hear it, there are some faint meows coming from under a door it has a blue light I push my hair out of my face and behind me.

Slowly I open the door the blue light showing more and more finally the door is open and Zoey runs towards me I step inside to pick her up the room has  I hear a slam the door on the inside is now a dark blue and it is closed, I reach for the handle and it doesn’t budge I look to the other wall behind the window there is water.
The window could break and minnet now and Zoey and I are trapped I try to run through the door is locked I kick a hole in the door it isn’t large enough for Zoey it won’t work for me either. I kick another hole in it then another the large blue door now has at least ten hole in it I pull my sleeve over my hand the break the small peases in between the hole and climb through and begin to run finally I see the end of the hallway the window breaks as I run to the end and go through the door.


I wake up in a bright light I’m standing in a bright whit room when I hear “good job! You have now completed the test.” I’m in the same clothes I was in in the hallway and town “the test?” I question “what test, who are you?”. The doors open Zoey is waiting there for me as well as a small bed and other needed things. I open another door and see a bathroom. Another door opens the voice saying “please enter” what feels like forever later on I walk into the brightness.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.