The seven deadly virtues | Teen Ink

The seven deadly virtues

By JessicaLindsay BRONZE, Saratoga Springs, Utah
JessicaLindsay BRONZE, Saratoga Springs, Utah
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

Slamming the locker I turn towards my best friend Megan with a scowl etched on my face. "No, I am not going to a club with you." I deadpan. "But vaaaal we have got to go! The sinners are going to be playing there!" Meg whined. The sinners she was referring to was a new band that everyone seemed to love. I had never even heard of them until yesterday and that was because I had to wait to talk to a teacher and happened to catch someone talking about it. The sinners were playing at a local club and you had to be 21+ to get in which we were way way younger than that age. "One we are not even allowed there, Two our parents will kill us and three I don't want to." I said firmly walking away from her down the halls. "Val, I already told Liam we would meet him there and he already got us fake ID's." Megan said exasperated. "Fine, I will go but only because I need to make sure you guys don't order alcohol." I mumbled giving in. "Yus!I knew you would come!" She said skipping the rest of the way to the car. I laughed jogging after her. We got to her house and after an hour we found a red dress for her that looked hard to breath in and seriously not my style which anything not my style is definitely her style. I found black skinny jeans and a flowy white top for me which gently hugged my curves (not that I really had any #flatsquad). I wasn't going to wear heels like meg was sporting and I stuck with black flats that seemed reliable. I curled megs ends and pulled mine in to a high pony tail. After I did that I did simple makeup with some eyeliner while meg went flashy and all out even including fake eyelashes. I decided against my black flats after the fifth time of them slipping off and changed to a more me kind of shoe. Converse. Arriving at the club I turned towards meg with my eyebrows sky high. "They actually worked! How did that work!!" I said unbelievingly to Megan who smirked at me psychotically. "Of course they worked fake ID's ALWAYS work when Liam makes them." Liam was a complete genius with looks to go with it. He was a nerd to, which is probably the reason he was my best guy friend. Liam had ended up ditching us for a cute girl from school leaving us to fend for ourselves in the club. It took two minutes to find a good place to sit and it was right by the VIP entrance, also where two members of the band would have a meet and greet. The band started playing a cover of some song I didn't know and I realized why everyone liked them so much. After the second cover Megan disappeared to get a drink. A song started playing and I saw everyone's eyes turn to a starving glint. They started pushing and shoving towards the bar and I was pushed towards the VIP door. It flung open and I crashed to the ground. The final note played and the band said they were taking a break and that gian and Wes would be doing a meet an greet session during this time. I propped myself off the ground after realizing I could move and heard footsteps heading my way. I hurried off the ground and brushed myself off before looking up into the most gold mesmerizing eyes I have ever seen. Those eyes belonged to the lead singer.

"Hiya there, surprise check to make sure no personas that aren't vip are able to get back here.. So uh yeah looks great I guess I can just tell the company everything is fine." I say jn a hurried lie to the cutest guy I have ever seen. His looks make models look like toddlers in Walmart. "I don't think you are a vip." He said to me smiling with his golden eyes staring into my gray ones. I laughed nervously. "Haha, you are right guess I better go then!" I replied smiling widely. I turned towards the door only to slip on some kind of liquid seeping from the door and falling back into the arms of the singer who's name I come to remember as Pierce. "Why don't you stay a while? Hang out with us." He said enticingly while playing with a strand of my hair making me giggle nervously. Wait, no I am supposed to be with my friend not with a hot guy from a band I know nothing about. As if snapping out of a daze I glance at him and slowly shake my head. "I really shouldn't my friend must be worried sick." I said politely declining. "Oh come on just for a couple minutes?" He replied softly tracing my cheek bone before lifting my chin by two fingers til I had no choice but to look into his gold, gold eyes. "Well, if its only a few minutes." I compromised before taking his hand and following him through a series of halls to a place in sure every fan girl only dreams of going.

Minutes paSsed and I had completely forgotten my friend was alone in a club for adults. I could only remember the band and how funny and enticing they were. I didn't want to leave. They were so interesting and so human it was like they weren't going to be stars after this performance, it was like they were normal. Pierce was charming and soon after meeting the other guys I had five new contacts in my phone. " Wnnt a drink?" The bass Seth asked me as he stood in front of a mini fridge. "Sure, do you have any Dr.pepper?" I asked in reply. His reply came in a can flying towards my face. I eeked and ducked and saw Pierce catch it amusement lacing his face. He handed it to me chuckling lightly to himself. " if you think its so funny you open the can." I said fully knowjng the consequences of opening a shaken can. "Oh heck no!" He said knowing what I was planning. It was too late tho because j shook the can and aimed it at him. As the stream of Dr.pepper met his face, the door opened revealing a security guard saying they had two minutes til they started the concert once again. "Will I see you after?" Pierce asked and I saw the other guys bod with him. "Oh I don't know... I will have to see if its okay with my friend." I said unsure of myself. "You better or I will hunt you down sweetheart." Ethan said with a fake glare. I laughed and shrugged "we'll see pretty boy." I said winking at him before sashaying out of the room back to where my surely angry friend would be. I guess it was worth it to sneak in.

Finding my friends was easier than I expected it to be. They were by the bar ordering cokes. "You won't believe what happened!" I told them as I walked beside them to a table. "What happened?" Liam asked suspiciously. I pulled them to the side where a dark table was at. "I met the band." I whispered excitedly. "No you didn't". Mel laughed. "I'm serious." I replied sourly. She took in my expression. "NO WAY!" She shouted making me clasp a hand over her mouth quickly. "Well what happened with them val?" Liam asked surprise lacing his voice. "They asked me to meet then after." I said biting my lip nervously. "Oh my gosh you gotta let me meet them!" Mel screamed in my ear. She winced. "Sorry." I laughed at her. "No, I'm not gonna meet them, what if they think I'm a crazy fan for waiting for them?x "Val please! They asked you to!" Liam says exasperated. "Maybe." I reply back softly. The last song started to play and I decided I would just wait in this corner and let them find me if they wanted to.

The last song was gentle and rythmic before pulling at your heart in a rapid beat pulsing and moving through your bones like a vein pumping blood to your heart. I looked around and saw couples dancing, spinning, kissing, holding, fighting. It was so much movement I couldn't tell where the band even was. The song seemed to be calling out in a lustful manner. The strings pierced my heart as they strung faster and the guitar seemed to be all that was playing at the moment before a lyrical piano joined the melody. Pierces voice was chiming in words that seemed to make sense but no sense at all at the same time. I could hear a drum beating as if it was a heart and it was thumping so fast I was unsure of my own heart beating. Then the drum and guitar went silent and all that was left was a small tingle of keys as the piano came to a end. I looked around and realized Liam and Mel were no longer with me. Confusion clogged my mind as I never saw them leave the table yet there empty cokes sat by me alone. I looked at every face in the room before I stopped on two very familiar ones. They were dancing even tho there was no more music. In fact everyone was still dancing and arguing and kissing and drinking. I saw Pierce heading my way a look of surprise flashing on his face before hiding it behind a smirk. Maybe I imagined the surprise. "Hey." He whispered huskily. "Hi." I replied faintly a smile lining my lips. "Care for a dance?" He asked a twinkle lighting his eye. "As long as its with you." I said as his hand landed on my waist and mine wrapped around his neck. Slowly we came to a halt and I realized I heard no noise besides us breathing. I glanced around to see everyone asleep. I looked back at him before I to blacked out.

A/N So if you have read this far thank you very much! Please like it if you think I have some potential it will motivate me to write more! Sorry if this is bad I wrote it quickly and will be editing it soon. Thanks for your time :p -jess

1 article 1 photo 1 comment
Thanks! :)

L123 said...
on Jan. 25 2016 at 8:12 am
Very descriptive. Interesting. Great beginning.