Undertale | Teen Ink

Undertale

By SierraLeutz, Grand Rapids MI 49525, Michigan
SierraLeutz, Grand Rapids MI 49525, Michigan

Author's note:

I'm a 13 year old girl in Kenowa Hills Middleschool, and I live with my dad and step mom and I own a snake.

Even though I can just reset and go back, I still feel a deep sorrow when I know the game will end some time and I’ll have to start over. It isn’t just a bunch of pixels on a screen, it’s a thing to believe in. When I think of all the friendships I’ve made, it gives me a warm feeling in my chest. Even though I know they’re programmed to say and act the way they do, but I still feel like they truly are friends to me. They’ve all taught me something about myself, and how to go about life positively.
I first met Toriel in the ruins, where I had fallen. I wandered carelessly, not knowing where I was. This place was so strange to me. I went in through a doorway, and there was a flower. “Howdy!” it looked at me with it’s happy smile. “I’m Flowey! Flowey the flower! You must have fallen down from up above! Welcome to the ruins! Let me show you how it works around here!” he bounced a bit in his patch of grass. Five bullets appeared in the air, and my soul was dragged out in front of me. I felt a scared, sinking feeling in my stomach. Uh oh. “These are friendliness pellets! This is how us monsters share LV down here! What’s LV you ask? Well LOVE of course!” I have a feeling LV is something else… “Catch the pellets!” he said, and they rained down. My red heartshaped soul dodged the bullets. He laughed awkwardly, “Come on! Catch them!” he said, trying to remain calm. He formed five more bullets, shooting them at me with a bit more force. I dodged. He frowned, annoyed. “RUN INTO THE BULLETS!” he snapped at me. I knew something was going on here. He shot at me again, and I moved out of the way. His face contorted into something grotesque and frightening, I couldn’t help but shiver. “You know what’s going on here, don’t you…?” he said. “In this world… It’s KILL or BE KILLED.” I was shaking down to my core. “DIE.” He laughed a maniacal laugh, and my soul was completely surrounded in a ring of bullets. They closed in on me, and I felt my breath catch in my throat and I closed my eyes tightly.
“Stop!” I heard a woman's voice. I opened my eyes to see an anthropomorphic goat lady. She confronted Flowey, “Leave this poor child alone!” she shot a blast of fire at him, and he squealed, fleeing from the room. The woman looked at me and smiled, my soul returning to my body. I felt a warm feeling as I looked at her. “Such a miserable creature, torturing a child like you…” she took my hand, “Come, I will take care of you.” I held her soft, furred hand, and she walked with me through the door on the other side of the room. This is going to be a fun game.
I went through the ruins, solving puzzles on my own, discovering new things about this place. I learned her name was Toriel. She taught me to be kind and caring. I helped all the monsters who confronted me, and I spared them a true fight. Even though I loved it down here… It was small. Too small. Can you imagine living in a mansion your whole life and not being able to leave? That’s what this is like. Toriel had taken me home to her quiet little house. It was comforting. She gave me my own room even… How could I tell her I wanted to leave when she was treating me like her own child? I sighed, and I fell on to the bed. She was making me a butterscotch-cinnamon pie. Butterscotch is my favorite out of the two. I closed my eyes and dreamed.
I woke up to a big slice of pie sitting on a nice plate on the floor, saran wrap over it. I smiled and picked it up, placing it in my bag. I went out to the living room, where Toriel sat, reading glasses on as she read a book… 72 Facts about Snails… Theres 72? I went over, gently tugging on her robe. She looked over the large book, “Oh, you’re up! Well, how did you sleep?” I told her I slept fine. She smiled, “Good. There’s more pie in the kitchen if you want some!” I nodded. The question of how to leave lingered on my tongue. I went to the kitchen. In front of me was a pie bigger than my body. I stared, almost frightened. No way was I going to eat that! I headed out of the kitchen, left the living room, and went to the stairs. What could be down here? I thought to myself. I went down. The corridor was cold, and it looked like the ruins outside. I began walking down. I felt something grab my hand and I whipped around, frightened. Just Toriel… She scolded me lightly. “It’s not safe down here… Little children should not play here.” she gently pulled me up the stairs. I stared at the turn at the end of the corridor. What could be down there…?
I spent my time reading with Toriel. I was getting frustrated. I turned and looked at her, “How can I leave the ruins?” she tensed. “....I… Have to do something.” she set me down gently and marked her book, then rushed out of the room. I followed. I saw her disappear into the basement… I continued to follow. She warned me multiple times, but I continued to follow her down the cold hallway. Around the bend, there was a door. It had the same symbol of three triangles and a circle with wings carved into it, just like Toriel’s robe. “This is my last warning to you… Go to your room…” she said, placing her hands on the door.”I must destroy this door...  If you leave… They…. Asgore… Will kill you… I’ve seen it happen many times before…. So please… Go to your room.” I stepped closer. “I see…” she turned to me, her hands holding balls of flame. “Then prove to me you are strong enough to survive.”
My soul was dragged out of my body. This can’t be happening… I was trembling where I stood, but I was filled with determination. She began to attack me, but every time I spared her. I did not fight back. “Why are you being so stubborn?” she asked. The more I refused to fight, the more she weakened, till she just refused to fight as well. “Why are you doing this?” she looked sad. “...I know. You shouldn’t be forced to stay here… The ruins get small after a while.” Yeah, I already know that. “You must go ahead my child. Find Asgore… And go home.” she smiled sadly at me. My soul returned, and her flames went away. She went up to me and hugged me. “Once you go… Do not come back.” She ruffled my hair one last time, then left me. I stared at the door. Freezing air came in when I opened it. I went through.
I saw a room identical to the one I had first seen Flowey in. He was there again, smiling at me. I felt a sickened feeling in my stomach. “Clever, aren’t you? But you’ve only saved one person.” he said. “But if you were to meet a relentless killer, they will kill you till you give up. I wonder if you will kill out of frustration… Or quit the game entirely, leaving this world to me…” I stared at him, trembling. I think I know who that killer will be… “I won’t kill you… But I will watch you struggle… See you around, best friend.” he then disappeared into the ground.
I was greeted with soft snow and trees. It was creepy, but I felt a bit more free. I began walking the well-worn path. As I walked, I felt watched, but I didn’t look back. Footsteps. No, I was definitely being watched. I walked faster, and I saw a bridge with a flimsy, too-wide gate over it. I was stopped right before I set foot on it. “Hey buddy, Is that any way to greet a friend? Turn around and give me a handshake.” I felt a shiver run up my spine, but I slowly turned around and took their leather-gloved hand. I heard a loud ‘fffffffffbbt’. I opened my eyes. He was a skeleton… With a whoopee-cushion in the hand I’d shook. “Ha. Classic. Hey there Kiddo. Names San. Sans the Skeleton. I’m supposed to be hunting for humans since I’m a sentry, but I don’t really have an interest in that. Now my brother, Papyrus, on the other hand, he’d love to capture you. He made this bridge here. Isn’t really that efficient… But he tries his hardest. Why don’t you come with me?” He talked funny. I liked it.
I followed him through the wide bars, and we walked by a wooden shack. “There he is now, quick, hide behind that conveniently shaped lamp.” I looked around for the lamp. What do you know. It’s shaped just like me. I hid behind it. A taller skeleton, much different from San’s short stature, walked over. “Sans! What are you doing?” I cringed. He had an awfully loud and annoying voice. “Working.” “WORKING!? You’re lazing about! We need to capture a human to become part of the royal guard!” “Why don’t you check out that cool lamp there?” “I don’t have time for lamps, Sans!” The two argued a bit longer, Sans making a few puns that infuriated Papyrus. Papyrus eventually ran off, laughing. I went over to Sans. “Better go on ahead or he might come back.” I nodded, then headed off through the forest. Nice guy.
I went on through the snowy area, solving puzzles and meeting Papyrus over and over, along with Sans. The puzzles were never that hard. I met new monsters, and spared them just as I had done in the ruins. It was nice here, and very pretty. I eventually reached the town of Snowdin. I knew part of my destiny lay here. It was peaceful, and I found out they celebrated christmas, but in a different way. I bought some delicious food at the market, and spent probably two minutes at the inn, then I headed off down the street. I saw Sans’ and Papyrus’ house, and I knocked. No one home. I sighed, then headed further down. The air became clouded with mist, and I felt chills creeping up my fingertips. I saw the silhouette of someone. “So at last you are here, human.” It was Papyrus. “I’ve gotten to know you… And instead of capturing you… I will become your friend-... NO! I’ve come too far to stop now!” he shouted, and engaged the battle.
My soul was dragged out, and he began throwing stupid, small, easily avoidable attacks. I mean, I didn’t even have to move. “Now for my fabled BLUE ATTACK!” he shouted. I’d heard of this from Sans.He began throwing cyan attacks. I knew I didn’t have to move. But after those attacks… My soul turned blue, and fell. I stared, confused. “Aha! Now you must JUMP over my attacks!” he began to throw highspeed attacks, that I jumped over.It was so hard to not get hit. I started saying nice things to him. “F-Flirting!? L-Let’s date… L-Later, after I capture you!” he said. The attacks began to get faster. I kept jumping to avoid getting hit. The attacks kept getting harder. “Be prepared for my special attack!” he yelled, laughing. He kept building up, talking about it. “Here it comes!” he finally said. When his attack came… It didn’t come. There was a dog there, chewing on a bone. “WHAT!?” Papyrus shooed the dog off, who ran away with his ‘special attack.’ Papyrus let out a huff, “Then I will just have to bombard you with NORMAL ATTACKS!” He tried to make it sound like something great. He began to throw more attacks at me. His last attack spelled out ‘Cool Dude’ in bones. I couldn’t help but laugh. He gave up. “Oh human, I can’t capture you. So let’s be friends, okay? Come back for that date anytime!” he laughed and ran off. I watched, smiling. My soul had returned to its normal color. This game just gets better and better.
I headed to Papyrus’ for our date. He was standing outside, “So you’re here! Let me take you somewhere I always love to go to!” he took my hand and ran down the street. Perhaps towards the restaurant in town? No. He turned and headed straight back to his house, “My house!” we went inside. It was nice and cozy warm. “Feel free to check out my house!” I went around looking at the things in his home. I found a sock covered in sticky notes and a pet rock that belonged to Sans, which was covered in sprinkles. I found a joke book, and 20 gold coins in the couch… I hope no one notices. I then went into the kitchen. I checked the fridge… Spaghetti and an empty bag of chips. I checked the sink. “That’s where I keep all my bones! I raised it up so I could keep more.” Papyrus said, sounding proud of himself. I opened the door. Inside was that little dog, chewing a single bone. Papyrus looked enraged, “GET THAT MUTT!” The dog ran out the door before either of us could catch it. He sighed. I then went up to him. “Now, shall we go upstairs and… Do whatever people do when they date?” I nodded. He’d probably just show me more bones or spaghetti.
His room was on the second floor, and it looked quite nice. He had a race car bed, and a desk covered in action figures. He showed me around, telling me about his online life, which honestly wasn’t that great, and he showed me a pirate flag, and told me how he thought humans came from skeletons. He’s not that off, really. “Now, shall the date begin?” he asked. We weren’t already dating? I nodded. He smiled and laughed, and then we began the date. It was similar to a fight, but also much different. He began reading up on how to date. “Nice clothes are ESSENTIAL for a date!” he said. He went to change, but then he realized something. “Wait… You’re wearing clothes right now… And you were wearing clothes earlier! That must mean… YOU’VE WANTED TO DATE ME THIS WHOLE TIME!?” he shouted. I laughed quietly, then nodded so he wouldn’t feel bad. “I will not lose at this date! I will be a better dater than you!” he ran off to change, and he came back with a shirt that had ‘Cool Dude’ written on it in sloppy handwriting. It was a funny sight. “What do you think of my SPECIAL clothing?” he asked. I told him it was great, laughing quietly. “I genuine compliment!” he yelled, acting as if he’d been hit. “Well… I have a gift for you! I bet you’ll never find it!” I looked at his hat. It was obvious something was under it. I lifted it up. There was a wrapped present, and it smelled of spaghetti. I unwrapped it. “Do you know what this is?” he asked. I nodded and told him it was spaghetti. He laughed, “Correct, but oh so wrong! This is the finest spaghetti, silken noodles aged for hundreds of years!” That sounded disgusting. I tried a bite. My face contorted in disgust. “A face so full of passion! Your dating power! Its surpassing mine!” I watched him as he acted like he’d been struck again. “...I must confess human… I… Don’t like you, the way you like me.” I honestly wasn’t that hurt. “I thought that on a date, feelings would blossom forward… But I was wrong, and in my attempt to date you, I’ve drawn you in more to your passionate, burning love for me! But I will continue being your friend, human! Till next time!” he laughed and ran off. I watched him disappear out the front door. Huh. Well that was fun.
I headed on into the area they called waterfall. I hid in some bushes similar to seaweed. I saw an armored figure standing across the river. Papyrus walked up. They began talking about my capture, which Papyrus had failed at. I tried not to be heard breathing heavy. This was the one they call Undyne. She’s a ruthless killer looking for my human soul. After Papyrus left, I snuck through the dense bushes… I stopped. She’d heard me. She crept up to the water, forming a magic spear. She looked around. I couldn’t breathe. I waited silently. She eventually stepped back and disappeared into the shadows. This game was only just beginning to become terrifying to me.
I went on through waterfall, meeting new monsters and sparing them like everyone before. This place was so beautiful… There were stones that shined like stars on the ceiling. I met Undyne multiple times, and I escaped her. I was always nervous she would find me and kill me, but I was determined. When I was so close to the next area… I saw her atop a mountain, facing the red horizon. “Seven human souls…” she muttered, “And our king… Asgore… Will become a god… He will break the barrier keeping us trapped down here… And we will be able to go to the surface and destroy humanity, taking back all that was once ours…” she turned to me. “First… Before we battle I will tell you the story of………... You know what!? Screw it! Why should I tell you this story when you’re about to die!?” she yelled. She then tore off her helmet and jumped down, engaging battle. Her face was scaly, revealing she was actually a fish woman with red hair in a ponytail. She swung her spear at me and turned my soul green, giving me a shield. “Now face the danger head on!” she said. She began to throw spears at me, and I blocked them. The more she threw, the faster and more unfair they became. I began to see running as my only option. I took off running, ducking underneath her. She was shocked, and she began running after me. I ran into the cave. She caught me multiple times, continuing to throw spears at me. I ran past a sign that said ‘Welcome to Hotland!’ I ran into the searing heat, and I saw lava bubbling at the bottom of the rocky fire scorched cliffs. Undyne saw Sans, who was sleeping on the job, and went to tell him to wake up. I kept running. She soon caught up to me again, but collapsed, too tired and hot to move any more. I felt bad for her. I grabbed a cup of water from the conveniently placed water cooler, and I dumped it on her. She trembled, then got up. She stared at me for a moment, before turning around and walking away. I was confused, but I headed up the path ahead.
In a place like this, it was strange to see such a neat looking lab. Someone obviously took care of it. There were two guards standing in front of the path leading to the elevator. I decided not to bother. I headed into the Lab. It was dark… Aside from a screen that had… Me on it? Creepy… I kept heading forward, holding my hands out. Suddenly a light turned on and a little yellow dinosaur in a lab coat ran out of a door. She ran in circles, muttering to herself. Then she noticed me and slowly stopped. “...Oh.. M-My… Y-You weren’t supposed to get here yet!” she ran in circles again, panicking. She stopped again after a bit, “U-Uhm…. Hi. My name is.. D-Dr. Alphys. I’m the uh… Royal Scientist. I-I’ve been watching you!” she said. Obviously… “U-Um… C-Can I tell you something? A long time ago I uh… Made an entertainment robot named Mettaton… Like a TV star sorta thing… And um well… I added some new features recently… Like… Anti-human features?” she laughed awkwardly. Oh no. I felt a horrible feeling in my stomach. “I-I tried to take those features away when I saw you coming though! I-I’ve grown attached to you from watching your friendships.. B-But anyway! There was a… Slight malfunction… And now he’s an unstoppable killing machine with a thirst for human blood?” She grinned a bit, sweating. How could someone mess up that bad!? I trembled. I began to hear a pounding in the wall. “...Uh oh.” Alphys went pale, and the lights shut off just as the wall burst open.
“Beauties and Gentlebeauties! Welcome to our quiz show! Never played before, gorgeous? Well! We’ll get right into it!” A spotlight shown on the speaker. He was a rectangular box with a grid on the front along with four dials. He was on a single wheel, and he had long segmented arms. One gloved hand held a microphone. He began to shower questions down on me, threatening to attack if I got a question wrong. Alphys gave me the answers with her hands, showing me the numbers. In the end, Mettaton noticed this. “Oh Alphys, Alphys. Are you helping our human? There’s no action if you help them! Well, till next time, human!” he said. His leg turned into and rocket, and he shot off into the air. Alphys looked at me awkwardly. “...Um.. Why don’t you go on ahead?” she said. I nodded, and headed towards the exit. More dangers ahead…
Alphys gave me a new phone, and I was constantly updated on her status, and she called me multiple times to help me. Mettaton caught me multiple times as I was on my way to the CORE, where I could take the elevator to fight Asgore. I found the elevators were down… So I would have to go all the way through the CORE to get to him. I hoped Mettaton wouldn’t find me again… But, alas, I failed to escape him. I went through a room at the end of a corridor in the CORE, electricity shooting up in the walls. He stood there, arms outstretched. “There you are, darling. It’s time for our new show!” I then engaged in a battle with him. My soul turned upside down… And became yellow. I was now able to shoot projectiles. “Let us begin!” He began to throw attacks at me, which I skillfully dodged. He told me about his plans to take my soul and become a true star in the human world. Alphys called me, “There’s one last thing you can do! You know how he always faces forward? That’s because he has a switch on his back! If you can get him to turn around you may be able to beat him!” she said. I nodded. I told Mettaton there was a mirror behind him. “Ooh, Really?” He turned around, and revealed the switch to me. I hit it.
“Oh yes!” Steam filled the room. I could not see what had happened. “Beauties and Gentlebeauties… You are about to see the premiere of my new and improved body!” he said. I saw a humanoid figure appear out of the steam… And then it disappeared. He’d become a tall male with a pink chestplate, and black hair. He was obviously still a robot from his segmented arms and metal piece under his eye. His soul was contained in a case in his waist. “Now feel the power of Mettaton EX!” he began to pose, and a ratings screen appeared in the corner. He threw attacks at me, which I skillfully dodged. I shot bullets out of my soul at him. He then gave me an essay question. ‘What do you like most about Mettaton?’ I couldn’t lie. I wrote ‘Hot Leg’. He laughed, “An honest answer! I’ll keep it with the others.” He saved my essay. “Your essay really showed your heart… Why don’t I show you mine?” His soul came out of its case, and began to give off intense electrical pulses. I tried my hardest to dodge them, and I shot bullets at his soul. His body trembled, and his arms fell off with a burst of steam. “A-Arms…? Who needs arms… With legs like these?” he said, his voice shaking. He continued to pose despite his loss. The ratings kept going up as I continued to post with him. His attacks began getting more vicious.”How about another heart to heart, darling?” His soul left its case again, and the electrical pulses became worse. I shot at him more, and his legs suddenly fell off. He was reduced to a body and head. I was winning. He began using more soul attacks, this time the pulses following me. It was hard to hit him. Eventually, the ratings became high enough, to where it was a caller minimum. “I’ll take a few calls!” he said. The first to call was a ghost named Nabstablook, who I had first met in the ruins. “H-Hi… Mettaton… Your show really… Brings some excitement to my life… Oh… I’ve been talking for a while haven’t I…? Oh……………” The call ended. “W-Wait! Blooky!” Mettaton suddenly seemed sad. More calls came in begging him not to leave. He sighed, then looked at me. “Human… I realize now… I cannot leave. The human world has other big idols… But Monsters? I’m all they’ve got.” he laughed, “Funny… You proved to be stronger than you look… Well, knock em’ dead, darling.” his batteries then ran out.
Alphys ran in, the door unlocked. “Mettaton!?” she ran up to him. “...Thank god it’s just the batteries… Can you give me a moment?” she looked at me. I nodded, and headed on into the next room. After a bit, Alphys joined me. We walked to the end of the corridor. Before I got into the elevator to take me to Asgore, she stopped me. “W-Wait!...” I looked at her. She looked down. “It’s all a lie… You can’t go home… It takes one monster soul and one human soul to pass through the barrier… If you want to go home… You’ll have to kill him… You’ll have to kill Asgore… I-I’m sorry…” she ran off down the hallway. I watched her leave. Oh no…
Everything seemed so familiar. I heard voices talking to me. They told me of the queen and king’s son Asriel, who found the first fallen human. They told me of how they became part of their family, and how they were happy together. The underground was full of hope. But one day, the human fell ill. They asked to see the golden flowers of their village, but it was not possible, for the barrier blocked them. They died the next day, and Asriel absorbed their soul and brought their body to the surface. The humans saw this, and thought that he had killed the human child. They began to attack him with all they had. He simply smiled and brought the child back to the throne room, where he died and turned to seeds, which quickly grew into golden flowers. The king and queen had lost two children in one night, and the underground had lost hope. The king threatened war upon the humans, and said he would kill anyone who fell, and he would take their souls to break the barrier. The queen grew disgusted of his actions, and left, never to be seen again…
After walking through the corridors, I found the throne room. I went in, where Asgore stood watering the flowers. He was a creature like Toriel. “Hm? Is someone there? Just a moment!” After finishing watering, he turned around. He looked terrified. “Oh… I so badly want to ask… ‘Would you like a cup of tea?’... But under these circumstances… It would not be appropriate… Meet me in the next room when you’re ready…” I followed him to the room that contained the barrier. I didn’t know how to describe it. It was a whole new world locking the underground out from the overworld. “...If you have any unfinished business… Please… Feel free to attend to it…” I couldn’t back down now. I stepped forward. “I see… Human… It was nice knowing you… Goodbye.” He took his trident out of his cloak, and took away my ability to mercy him… My only option… ATTACK.
I began to attack with all I had, but I was trembling. His attacks were also weak. My journey finally seemed over, and I was growing sad. I didn’t want to kill him. Once his health was lowered enough, he fell to his knees. “...Human… You may kill me and take my soul… If you truly want to go home…” he said. No. I spared him. He looked at me, and gave a weak smile. “Human… If you stay… I will protect you and keep you as my own.. We can live a happy life together… So please, will you stay?” I nodded, but just then, Flowey appeared. He attacked Asgore, killing him, and his soul. “You IDIOT.” he looked at me. “Without you, I never could have killed the old man… And now, with the six human souls… And yours… I will become GOD.” He broke the containers of the souls, and he laughed.
Everything was white for a moment… Then pitch black. I saw something in the darkness… Then a lit TV screen with a grinning face on it. It laughed, and then it’s grotesque body appeared. It was a mix of plant, human flesh and bone, and machine. I was disgusted. It began to throw attacks at me that were impossible to dodge. It killed me… And the game crashed. I reloaded it. It killed me again. Crashed. Reloaded. Killed. Crashed. Reloaded. Killed. How many times was I going to do this? Then, I noticed something. The absorbed souls were starting to fight back. They began to heal me, and the creature began to lose power. Once I had them all on my side, it pretended to be hurt, but then grinned. It had the power to reload… And the game went back to before I had all the souls. It laughed at me and called me an idiot, but then the souls revolted, and reduced its defense to nothing. They began to send healing powers to me as I attacked it. In the end, it collapsed, and returned to Flowey. He was weak and limp. I had the option to kill or spare him. I spared him. He was confused. I kept sparing him till he cried out, not understanding why I was being so nice. He ran away.
I got a call from Sans, and he told me wherever I was, he hoped I was happy. He updated me on everything that was going on.
The game then crashed,
I reopened it, and Flowey was there. “I know how to get you a better ending… Would you like that?” I nodded. “...I think you should get closer to Alphys and Undyne. It seems like you guys could have been better friends.” I was then sent back to before I fought Asgore. I went to befriend Undyne, and she taught me how to cook. I enjoyed my time with her. She was intense, but kind. She asked me to deliver a letter to Alphys, who mistook the love letter for something that was written by me. We went on a date, and she confessed her feelings for Undyne. Undyne heard her, and Alphys told her the truth. After that incident, Papyrus asked me to check on Alphys in her lab, so I did. I found a note, saying she might do something cowardly. I went into the true lab, the elevator breaking. I went on a journey to fix it, finding out how she tried to add Human soul power to monsters. It ended up in a horrible mess. In the end, she said she would accept her flaws. On my way back… I heard a strange voice on my phone… Chara... Are you there? It's been a long time, hasn't it? But you've done well. Thanks to you, everything has fallen into place. Chara... See you soon.
I went back to Asgore, and we began the fight. I was sad to see this happen all over again, but before anything happened, Toriel ran in, shoving him away from me. “Hello, my child. It’s me.” she ruffled my hair. Asgore looked at her, “Tori…” he smiled weakly. “Do not ‘Tori’ me, Dreemurr. you know what you’ve done.” she hissed at him. Undyne ran in, “Don’t fight anyone!” she yelled, then looked at the situation. Toriel greeted, her, then Alphys ran it, saying something similar. Papyrus and Sans came as well, Toriel greeting them all. Toriel recognized Sans, from conversations they’d had through the door to the Ruins. I smiled, happy to have all my good friends here. Suddenly, a long vine wrapped around them all, and Flowey entered the room. “You IDIOTS. I finally have you all where I want you, along with the human souls!” he laughed. He began to tell me about his plan to become a god again… Then through the intense pain, my friends began to speak to me, telling me I could beat him. All the other monsters I’d met began to appear, cheering me on. Flowey acted defeated, his petals wilting, before he laughed. “Now I have all of you! DIE!” he laughed. Suddenly it became dark…
I saw a small goat child, looking like Toriel and Asgore. “Chara? Is that you? It’s me, your best friend.” he looked at me and smiled. Then he transformed into a beast of magnificent power. This, was Asriel Dreemurr, son of Toriel and Asgore. The background warped and twisted, showing all the colors of the rainbow. He threw powerful attacks at me, but I hoped and dreamed, and my health stayed. He told me that he didn’t care about destroying the world anymore… He just wanted to reset the timeline to what once was new. He told me I would die in a world where no one remembers me. I kept hoping and dreaming. “I haven’t even used my full power!” he yelled, then transformed once again, into what can only be called ‘The God of Hyperdeath.’ he was a terrifying beast, part machine. His attacks were weaker now, though, and easy to hide from. I felt something resonating in his soul… I reached out to them. My best friends. They said horrible things… But I pulled them out of it. I saved them from themselves. Asriel hissed, “What are you doing? No!” There was still one more to save… Who could it be? I reached out to Asriel. “No! Stop!” I continued to try and save him. His attacks became more vicious. He begged me to stop, and in the end, he used his most powerful attack to kill me… But my soul refused. “Why are you doing this…? Don’t you realize… You’re the only one I can play with anymore…” he turned to his original form, a crying child.
“...You aren’t Chara, are you?... I see that now… Chara left a long time ago… What’s your name?” he asked. I told him it was Frisk. “Frisk… That’s a nice name… Frisk… I can feel how much the other monsters love you… They’re all attached to you… I’m so sorry for hurting you…” I hugged him. He cried, “I don’t want to let go…” I stepped away after a bit. “It’s time… For me to break the barrier now…” the souls within him came out, and he rose up with them… I saw a bright white light… And I was back in a room with all of my friends. They told me how they’d worried about me… And I laughed. I’d missed them all. I went back to see everyone else, then together, me and my friends left the underground. We saw the sunset together. A beautiful forest landscape was below us, and a castle was in the distance. It was so pretty, even more so with my friends here. Papyrus went off with Sans and Undyne to greet the humans, and Alphys ran after Undyne. Asgore left to take a walk, and I was left with Toriel.
“My child… If you have some place to go… I understand.” she said. I told her I didn’t. I wanted to stay with her. She smiled. “I see…” She took my hand, and we headed off after the others. Everyone lived a happy life. Mettaton became popular in the human world with Napstablook and a monster named Shyren. The determination experiments were returned to their families. Everyone was at peace… But Asriel was still gone. The true ending has not been achieved yet… That’s for another story, though.
Even though I can just reset and go back, I still feel a deep sorrow when I know the game will end some time and I’ll have to start over. It isn’t just a bunch of pixels on a screen, it’s a thing to believe in. All of these experiences have changed me so much, and I know better to be kinder, and spare everyone a fight. Before this I didn’t know what to do with myself when I was angry… Now I know that I can vent it slowly, and be nice to people even if they are my enemies. This game will forever hold a place in my heart. Undertale is a part of me now.

The end