The Oddballs | Teen Ink

The Oddballs

May 18, 2015
By nadia123piano, Tampa, Florida
More by this author
nadia123piano, Tampa, Florida
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The author's comments:

This story is written from multiple peoples perspectives. 

Nadia

Yep, we were the oddballs. The nerds, geeks, weirdos, whatever you wanna call it. We were all best friends though, all of us.
“Hey people!” I said. I sat down at our table outside. Star and Adeanna were sitting inside because Star had really bad pollen allergies, and Adeanna liked it better inside. Adeanna was a very quiet, introvert. She didn’t really show her feelings and often read instead of talking. She liked to flip her black braids with her long fingers that had long pointy nails on them. Her dad was in line to be the king of Nigeria, so she was technically a princess.
Star was also quiet, but she was very creative, a very good artist. Her long, brown hair was always in a low pony tail, which rested on her back. Her family was from Mexico, and she had a super cool accent. She could speak Spanish and English.
“What’s up?” asked Meghan. Her laugh was super loud and nasal, but we all loved it.
“Not much, how about you?”
“Oh my gosh, that science test was so hard! I think I failed it! Wait; have any of you guys not taken it?”
“I think we have all taken it,” said Caroline as she ate her daily cookie. 
“Ok good, don’t want to cheat.”
Meghan’s light brown hair was always wild, but in a good way. It reflected her outgoing personality.
“Oh my goodness that light is so ratchet,” stated Hannah randomly. (She did that a lot)
“What the heck Hannah?” asked Sammy, laughing. Sometimes she sounded like a donkey, other times, a choking bird.
We all laughed, making old, inside jokes about Hannah. One time, in the middle of class, she randomly asked the math teacher if it was strawberry season. Hannah was a very unique friend. She was my only friend with an afro, which was super cool. She watched anime, was a total fan girl, (not like I was any different,) and loved musical theater, just like me. We constantly memorized songs and watched musicals. Most people probably thought we were insane for constantly singing and chanting lyrics.
Sammy was a book worm, just like Adeanna. She read constantly, and I and she shared many conversations about characters we like and dislike, plot twists, and book choices. I was currently on a book hangover from Fangirl, a book by Rainbow Rowell.
We eventually drifted off from one big conversation to a bunch of little ones. Caroline and I talked about a show we liked to watch called the Big Bang Theory.
“Oh my gosh remember when Sheldon forgot his flash drive for the special convention?” I asked.
“Ha ha, yes! And when he hides in the couch to scare Lenard.”
“Yes!”
“I have to go to the bathroom to fix my hair,” she said.
Her dirty blonde, curly hair could be quite hard to control sometimes. When she left I started a conversation with Jia, about TV shows. She had recently cut her hair, and it was short like mine. Hers was black though, mine was brown. She liked Once upon a Time, and was explaining it to me. Caroline came back and started talking with us.
“So it’s about all of these fairy tale characters that have been brought to the modern world.” Caroline explained.
“Ya, and they have to deal with evil villains and problems of this world,” added Jia.
“Cool,” I responded.
The bell rang and we left the wooden, blue table, taking our trash. At P.E. we played flicker ball, and our team beat everyone else. When I got home I did my homework and watched TV.
The next morning I got up, did my hair and makeup, and left to get breakfast at McDonalds. Yes McDonalds. I always had a large iced coffee with a sugar free vanilla flavor. School was pretty boring, so I read a lot.
Star

“Hey guys!” I said.
I had just got out of the student council meeting, and I told Nadia and Hannah there would be a book character day. They went absolutely crazy. They started talking about what character they would be on the way to chapel. When we got there, Nadia went on the stage to sing worship. She had hazel eyes and short hair. She liked red lipstick, and wore it a lot. We all sang together and praised the Lord. After that, we had this super cool, crazy man who did rap and spoken words. He danced and talked about life and the struggles we have.
“That was different,” I said.
“Yea, I liked it,” Nadia responded. “Should I be Cather, from Fangirl or Alice from The Twilight Saga?”
“Oh my goodness, I don’t know,” said Hannah, with joking drama.
Hannah was a very, let’s just say, unique person. She did things that were very odd.
“WHEN I WAS, A YOUNG BOY,” sang/screamed Hannah at the top of her lungs.
“Oh my gosh you’re not even a boy,” said Dean. Nadia joined in.
“MY FATHER TOOK ME INTO THE CITAAAYY, TO SEE A MARCHING BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
“Oh my gosh guys shut up!” said Dean with fake annoyance.
He had black hair and was also kind of weird, but not as much as Hannah.
“Ugggggh fine,” said Hannah and Nadia.
While this was going on, I didn’t really say anything, they are all kind of nutso.

The author's comments:

This story is written from multiple peoples perspectives.

Hannah
“Oh my goodness I think we freaked out Star,” I said to Nadia while we were in line to get food.
“Ha ha yea.”
“Oh my gosh! At Clearwater College the band teacher dressed up as the tenth doctor from Doctor Who! Like everyone there was a whovian! I have found my people!”
“Wow Hannah,” Caroline said, “Speaking of the band trip, how was it?”
“Like super fun,” Nadia said, “You should so join band.”
“I’m actually thinking about it,” returned Caroline.
“Yay!!!” I screeched. Band was like the best thing ever. I didn’t understand why more people didn’t join. I turned on my phone the watch Hetalia, like the best anime show ever, when Nadia interrupted me.
“Ugggghhh don’t start watching that stupid show.”
“It’s not stupid!”
Caroline looked over to Hannah curiously.
“What show is it?”
“No don’t ask!!” Nadia pleaded, but it’s too late. I have already started explaining the show that I’m so not obsessed with. (My denial)
“Ok so it’s this show where people represent countries, and the stereotypes they have. It’s hilarious!”
“Ugghhh no it’s not, it’s just stupid.” said Nadia. She had no understanding of the anime world.
“Shame on you for saying that, devil child, devil child!!”
“Your conversations are so weird,” stated Adeanna, and she was so wrong, we are like SUPER cool. (more denial)
Adeanna
I was on my way to band. Band was cool, I could relax. Yesterday we went on a band field trip to Clearwater College. It was a lot fun, but we had to rehearse so much.
Today in band, we had the day off because of the concert the day before. We started telling funny things that happened on the trip. Robert and Chad started talking about how the college’s band had a ton of inside jokes that we didn’t understand. It was pretty funny, this girl started laughing/screaming in the middle of a song, and everyone died of laughter. She sounded like a mule.  Nadia raised her hand and started telling a story.
“Ok so we were in the dining area, and I was standing in line. Then Hannah came over to me and shouted TRASH CAN! And I was like what? And then she was like TRASH CAN!!! I was like what am I your mommy? Do I have to walk you to the trash can?”
“HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” squealed Hannah. Her laugh was crazy, along with her personality. It started out low, almost like a growl. Then I grew in to a super high pitch squeak. “Oh my goodness, and then I went home with Nadia, but my mom took my phone, I was like, MY BABY!”
“Oh my gosh Hannah’s phone is her pacifier.” Nadia exclaimed.
Mr. Stimpson started dying of laughter, and he wrote on the board:
  QUOTE OF THE YEAR – “HANNAH’S PHONE IS HER PACIFIER” – NADIA
We all laughed super hard. Band was the best class ever.
The next day in choir we convinced Mr. Stenberg to let us sing the Mamma Mia medley. It was awesome, and he let the band students sing the harmony. When the song was over, Hannah started laughing and screeching at the top of her lungs.
“BAAANNNNNDDDDDDDD!!!!” 
Her hands were shaking with fake drama.
“Oh my gosh Hannah, your nuts!” I said.

The author's comments:

 This story is written from multiple peoples perspectives.

Caroline
“Why do you always sit like that?” I asked Adeanna. She always sat on top of her legs while they we crossed over each other. Sometimes we called her a pretzel.
“I don’t know, it’s just comfortable.”
I shrugged.
“It looks super uncomfortable.”
  I placed one of my earphones in and Nadia took the other one.
“What song is this?”
“How can you not know this song? It’s from the eighties.”
“Well that’s why I don’t know it.”
I loved the eighties; the clothes, the music, everything.
“Why are you so obsessed with the eighties?” asked Nadia.
“Why aren’t you?” I responded. “You guys always make fun of me for loving the eighties, but you’re obsessed with Doctor Who and anime.” I pointed at Hannah. “And your constantly talking about books and musicals!” I pointed at Sammy and Nadia.
“What? I was just joking,” Nadia exclaimed. “We all have things we are obsessed with; I wasn’t making fun of you.”
“Sure you weren’t,” I said sarcastically.
“Really, I wasn’t.”
“Ok whatever,”
I and Nadia got in a lot of arguments about our different opinions, but she was still my best friend. We could always resolve arguments.
The bell rang and we went to class. The rest of the day went well.
  Jia
“HELP!!!!!!!” I screamed.
“Shut up!” said a harsh voice.
“Where am I?” I asked with alarm.
“You’re just going to stay with me for a couple of days until your parents pay the ransom.”
“What ransom?” I asked with distress. Sweat was pouring down my face, and I started to hyperventilate. “W-what? Am I being kidnapped?”
“Sometimes people can’t get enough money to get what they want, so they have to do other things for it. Kidnapping is one of my favorites.” The man responded.
I shivered. I always saw people on TV getting abducted, but I never imagined that it would happen to me.
“Stop crying!” the man shouted at me.
I knew that this is when I had to use the magic. When I was little, a fairy gave me a sliver of power that she put under my fingernail. She said I could use it whenever I was in danger. I squeezed my finger until the little glowing chip came out. I flicked it and it disappeared. 
Nadia
“Pass the point of no return!” I sang. “The final threshold!”
I looked around me and realized that all my friends were dancing, but it looked almost like they were being forced to. I stopped singing and they stopped dancing.
“Why were you guys dancing?”
“We didn’t want to dance, but we couldn’t stop!” stated Caroline, astonished.
“Sure,” I responded sarcastically.
“Really!”
The bell rang and we went to class. Mr. Goodman looked around the classroom curiously.
“Where is Jia?
“I don’t know,” I responded. I was getting a little nervous, she hadn’t been to school in three days, and she wasn’t responding to my texts.
“Whatever,” said Mr. Goodman, and he started teaching Bible.
When the bell rang, we saw Jia’s mom outside talking to Mrs. Coney. When she was finished, I went up to her to ask her about Jia.
“Is Jia ok? She hasn’t been at school.”
“Ugggghhh….”
Tears started falling down her cheeks, even though it seemed like she was trying so hard to hide them.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“Well… you can’t tell anyone, only your circle of friends can know about this. Jia has been kidnapped by an evil vampire. This vampire is charging me a ton of ransom money to get her back, but I don’t know where to find it. They said if I called the cops, they would kill her. “
I laughed. Either this woman is mentally insane or she is playing a really weird joke.
“I’m serious,” she said. “Look,”
All of a sudden, Mrs. Dittman started floating in the air.
“But what… I mean … how?” I stuttered. I thought I was hallucinating.
“I am a fairy who married a mortal. We cannot have kids, so we adopted. Jia was taken by an evil vampire who wants me and my family dead, because I killed his wife.”
“Oh my gosh, this is crazy! What the heck?” I was full of questions and disbelief, but Jia’s mom kept telling her story.
“When Jia was little, my best friend who is also a fairy gave her a sliver of magic power. She has a power called distributing. She placed the chip under her fingernail, and told her it should only be used if she was in serious danger. I think she has used it, because my friend told me that it was removed from her nail. The power takes people who are close to Jia, and uses them to save her. It does not use family members, so I unfortunately cannot help her. I am pretty sure you and your friends are the people who received the power.”
“But what? How am I supposed to –?” I blinked my eyes in disbelief. How in the world was I going to save my friend from a vampire, whom I’m not even sure exists. 
“It will take you a few hours to discover your powers and how to use them. Go explain this issue to your friends so they can start learning about their powers. Please do not waste any time, this is the only hope I have of saving my daughter.” She started crying.
I was all of a sudden very afraid. What would happen to Jia? Would I be able to save her? Would I be blamed if I couldn’t save her? Would my friends believe me? I wasn’t sure what would happen, but I knew I wasn’t going to give up. I was going to get Jia back.

The author's comments:

This story is written from multiple peoples perspectives.

Caroline
I look at Nadia, curiously. 
“Hey! What was that about with Jia’s mom?” I asked Nadia.
“Ummmmmm,”
“Are you ok?” Nadia was definitely acting weird.
“Yes. Ok I’m going to tell you something and you are going to think I am insane, but I promise you this is real.”
“What?”
“Ok, so Mrs. Dittman is a fairy – I know it sounds ridiculous – but she literally started flying in front of me. She said that an evil vampire has captivity of Jia, and will kill her unless he gets ransom. She can’t pay the ransom and the vampire will kill Jia if she calls the police.”
“What the heck is wrong with you? I thought you were going to say something serious!” I was mad at Nadia; I legitimately thought that something was wrong.
“I am serious! This is real!”
Nadia took out her phone and showed me a video of Mrs. Dittman flying. I stared I disbelief at the screen.
“But how? Fairies aren’t real!” This is ridiculous!
“I guess they are now!” exclaimed Nadia. “But there’s more!”
“Oh no,” I said. “More of this crazy story!”
“Mrs. Dittman’s friend is also a fairy, and she gave Jia this special power when she was little. It is stored in a chip under her fingernail, and she can use it in emergencies. The chip takes people who are close to Jia, and gives them super powers. It can’t take family members though, so it’s taking us.”
“What? How are we supposed to get super powers? This is ridiculous!”
“I don’t know how it works, but I want to save Jia. I think maybe what happened after fifth period may be my super power!”
“Yes! That was so weird! I couldn’t stop dancing. Oh my gosh, what is my super power?”
“I don’t know, but I think that our super powers cause things we like or are connected with, to come to life.”
I thought about what my super power could be. Maybe acting, I like acting. I started quoting lines from a movie, and nothing happened. Maybe it’s the eighties, I love the eighties. I started singing a song from the eighties, and all of a sudden, Nadia was dressed head to toe in eighties apparel. I looked at her in dismay.
“OH MY GOSH! THIS IS UNREAL!”  
Nadia looked at herself and her eyes widened.
“WOW! Your super power is so cool!”
I started singing a modern song, and Nadia’s clothing changed back to her school uniform. This was crazy, I had super powers!
“Ok, so now we have to convince everyone else that this is real, and we can’t tell anyone else about this, or the super powers won’t work.”
“Ok! Let’s go!”
Sammy
Nadia and Caroline just told me and our crew that we had super powers, and that we had to use them to save Jia, who was apparently imprisoned by an evil vampire. This is ridiculous! I don’t have super powers! I can’t believe everyone else believed them.
I opened my book to start reading. It was lunch and we were all sitting outside. I was reading Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. I was at a part where Jacob was a wolf, patrolling the forest. I heard Nadia laugh really loud and I looked up because it distracted me. I glanced into the trees across the lunch deck, because I thought I saw something. Right there, staring right at me was a five foot tall wolf, perfectly camouflaged in the brush. I got everyone attention.
“Look! Right there in the trees!”
Everyone gasped.
“Oh my gosh! That is your super power!” whispered Nadia, excited. 
“Wow! You really were telling the truth!” I exclaimed, astonished. I stared right in the brush, where the wolf disappeared.

The author's comments:

This story is written from multiple peoples perspectives.

Adeanna
I sat in class. I was thinking about all the crazy things that happened today. I wonder what my super power could be. I like reading, but Sammy already has that power.
When the bell rang, I changed for P.E. I sat down at the picnic table, and sat crisscross. It was my favorite way to sit.
“Oh my goodness, Adeanna! Why do you always sit like that?” asked Hannah. I stared at her, annoyed.
“It’s comfortable. You should try it.”
All of a sudden, Hannah fell on the ground and her legs started to bend around her head.
“What the heck, Hannah?” I exclaimed, surprised that she was that flexible. “Why are you doing that?” She winced and started talking in pain.
“I can’t stop! I can’t control my legs!”
“It must be your super power!” exclaimed Nadia.
Hannah looked at me pleadingly.
“Make it stop!”
“I don’t know how to!” I responded with urgency.
“Just say, STOP!” said Nadia.
“STOP!”
It worked! Hannah’s legs returned to normal and she rubbed them to get rid of the pain.
“Sorry Hannah!” I exclaimed.
` “Its fine!” she responded. “At least you know your super power.”
“Hannah! Why are you sitting on the ground?” asked Coach Layman. Hannah looked at her nervously.
“I – um…  I don’t…. I fell,”
“Ok, well get up and sit on the bench please.”
“Ok.”
Hannah
“Uggghhhhhh,”I groaned.
“What?” asked Nadia.
“My hair is such a mess. I can’t get it to stay up.”
“It looks good,” said Nadia, “I like it.”
I puffed up my poofy, but fabulous afro. Today it wasn’t staying up, and it kept flopping all over the place. I reached up to puff it up again, and when I felt around my head, nothing was there.
“Where is my hair?” I yelled.
This didn’t make any sense. How can my hair just disappear?
“HELP!!” cried Nadia.
I looked over at her and her whole face was covered in my hair. It was crawling all over her and she couldn’t pull it off. I remembered what happened with Adeanna, and I acted quickly.
“STOP!” I yelled.
The afro seemed to leap off of Nadia’s face, and it returned back to my head. When I pulled on it, it was completely attached to my head.
“I guess that is your super power,” said Nadia, exhausted from trying to pull the afro off.
“But what kind of super power is that?”
“I don’t know, all of our super powers are weird,” responded Nadia. 
Star
Nadia just told me about this super power joke. At least I think she was joking. If she wasn’t I don’t know what to think. She is kind of crazy sometimes.
“Hey Star,” said Caroline. “Have you discovered you super power yet? You will have to soon because Jia has been with the vampire for about four days now, and we need to save her before it is too late.”
“Ha ha you're funny,” I responded. This had to be some big joke.
“Star this is not a joke, it is serious. Didn’t you see the wolf? I thought you knew that it wasn’t a joke.”
“I saw the wolf, but I thought it was just a prank.”
“It’s not. Jia is in serious trouble and we need your help to save her.”
“I don’t believe in vampires, and I think this is crazy.”
“Star, you don’t have to believe in vampires, you just have to help save your friend.”
“Uh ok, but if I don’t like it after I try it, I’m not going to do it.”
“Ok,” responded Caroline.
I went to art class and started drawing a landscape of an ocean. I made big, blue crashing waves, and a red and white boat. I picked up my painting and I thought about it to myself. This would look better if the blue was more greenish. I touched where I thought the paint was to blue, and it changed to the green I wanted it to be. What? What is this? How did it change colors?
The bell rang and I left class. I came up to Nadia and told her what happened.
“It just changed colors!” I exclaimed.
“Really?” Nadia responded. “Do it again,”
“Well I don’t know how,”
“Just think about a color you wish something here could be, and touch it.”
I looked at the lockers. I thought they would look better purple, so I placed my finger on my locker and it changed to the exact purple I was thinking about.
“That’s super cool, Star!” exclaimed Nadia. “I guess that is your super power!”

The author's comments:

This story is written from multiple peoples perspectives.

Meghan
“What is my super power? I haven’t gotten mine yet?”
We were all at the picnic tables waiting for P.E. to start.
“What do you like to do?” asked Adeanna.
“Watch TV,” I replied. I didn’t have many hobbies.
“Well, I don’t know what it could be.”
All of a sudden I heard Nadia make this weird noise, and everyone started laughing. It was really funny, so I laughed to. And then, something really weird happened. Everyone fell on the ground laughing hysterically. I didn’t think the noise was that funny, but I laughed along anyway. I realized that no one had stopped at all and I was getting tired of laughing, so I stopped. As soon as I stopped everyone else did. They got up and told me they didn’t even think that the noise was that funny, but they felt like they were being forced to laugh.
“Maybe it’s my super power!” I exclaimed.
“Laughing?” questioned Star.
“No, maybe if I laugh, everyone can’t stop laughing.”
“I hate to say this, but laugh again.” said Nadia, reluctant.
“HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!”
Everyone fell on the ground started laughing uncontrollably, but as soon as I stopped, they stopped.
“Wow, that’s a pretty cool power,” said Adeanna.
“Oh yea,” I said. I was so happy I finally knew my power.
Sammy
“Ok, so we have to figure out a strategy,” said Nadia.
She asked us all in advance to stay after school to make a plan to rescue Jia. Everyone was able to do it. Nadia was telling us about her strategy.
“Jia’s mom told me that she knew that Jia was somewhere on fifth street, but she couldn’t find out anything else. I think that we should mark places on this map that could be used as a place to hold someone captive.”
“Sounds like a good idea,” said Caroline.
We all started analyzing the map. We discovered that there was a vacant warehouse, and a large casino.
“I think we should go to the casino to see if the vampire has been there. We may be able to collect so information about the warehouse there also.”
“Ok yes, but I definitely think she is in the warehouse,” said Nadia.
“Yes I think so too,” I responded.
“But how are we going to get into a casino? We are minors,” exclaimed Hannah.
“I don’t know,” responded Nadia. “Let me call Jia’s mom, she may be able to help us.”
While Nadia was on the phone, I thought of what we could do if we ever got to the vampire. Would Meghan cause him to laugh while we get Jia away, or would he still be able to stop us? I all of a sudden became afraid of the vampire. According to Twilight, vampires can crush steal, and that’s scary. Nadia got off the phone and started talking to us.
“Guess what? Mrs. Dittman has a fairy power where she can make people older or younger than they are, and she said she can make us older and get us fake ID’s.”
“Wow that’s cool,” said Hannah. “I’m excited to see what I will look like.”
I didn’t see why Hannah can be so excited. I was so nervous and so afraid for Jia. I just wanted this to be over as soon as it could.

The author's comments:

This story is written from multiple peoples perspectives.

Meghan
Mrs. Dittman met us outside of the casino, and she had some weird looking powder in a little box. She said something I couldn’t understand, and blew the powder all over us. I instantly grew taller and looked way older, like in my twenties.
“Wow! This is so cool!” exclaimed Caroline. Nadia looked at her with a serious face.
“We can’t waste any time. Let’s go!”
Mrs. Dittman also did us another favor, and that was stopping time. She stopped time in all of our families, so that we could take as long as we needed to find Jia, and they wouldn’t know it. I thought it was awesome, but everyone else seemed to think the age thing was cooler.
“We don’t look ready to gamble in too-small school uniforms,” exclaimed Caroline. “Maybe I should do some eighties on you girls.”
“Yes!” agreed Nadia. “But hurry because I want Jia to be safe as soon as possible.”
Caroline started singing an eighties song, and we instantly had crazy party outfits on. We all walked into the casino. There was a red velvet carpet and a large bar with many people sitting at it. There were a ton of card tables and slot machines. It was pretty cool. I saw the warehouse across the street and I saw some people talking about it. I listened in on their conversation.
“Did you hear about that old warehouse?” asked a man with a beard and messy hair.
“No,” responded a woman with dirty-blonde hair.
“Someone last night heard a loud scream come from over there, and they said it sounded like a girl.”
“Really? Did anyone do anything about it?”
“Naw. No one really thinks it’s anything, but it is kinda spooky isn’t it?”
“Yea,” said the women. They didn’t seem to have any concern about what might happen.
I ran up to my friends who were talking to the bar tender about his customers and suspicious people. I tapped Nadia on the shoulder and pulled her to the side.
“I just heard these people talking and they said they heard someone heard a scream come from the warehouse.”
“Really?”
“Yes! I was wondering if we should talk to them.”
“Of course!” exclaimed Nadia. She pulled everyone over to where we were standing, and we walked together over to the man and the women. I let everyone else ask the questions, I was a little scared. Nadia asked the first question.
“Did you hear about the scream at the warehouse?”
“Yea! We were just talking about it,” said the man in a gruff voice.
“When did it happen again?” asked Nadia.
“Last night at about eleven thirty,” said the women in an impatient voice. She obviously wanted to get back to her card game.
“What do you know about the inside of the warehouse?” asked Hannah.
“Everything is old, and there is an old, broken freezer in the basement. I used to work there when it was a meat packaging factory.”
“Does the freezer work?” asked Caroline.
“No,” he responded.
“Ok, thanks!” said Nadia in a fake enthusiastic voice.
We met by an empty slot machine and talked. Nadia was concerned about the freezer.
“He could easily put her in the freezer. It has a locking door, its underground so no one can hear her, and he wouldn’t have to worry about her escaping.”
I shivered. It was scary thinking that at this very moment, my friend was probably locked up in a freezer. I wanted to get her out of there as soon as possible.
“Let’s go. I want to get Jia before it’s too late.”
When we got to the warehouse, we saw that it had one big front entrance, and a bunch of side entrances.
“How about we each take a side entrance and three people take the front?” asked Nadia.
“That sounds good,” I said.
Adeanna and Hannah each took an entrance on the right side of the building. Caroline and I took two on the left. Nadia, Sammy, and Star took the front entrance. The building was dark and old signs hung over door labeling different departments of the factory. On the count of three we entered the building silently, all at once. It was pitch black. I turned on my phone flashlight and we all searched the area silently. I felt something metal on the floor. I picked it up and put it in the light.
“This is Jia’s ring!” I whispered, excited. Nadia gave us all rings that look the same. This is definitely Jia’s, and that means we are on the right track.
“Good!” said Nadia quietly.
“I’ve been waiting for someone to come here and try to get Jia. I’m just surprised I don’t know who you are.” A dark, scary voice sounded inside of the warehouse. I could not see where or who it was coming from.
“We are secret agents,” said Caroline. She eyed us and then glanced at her phone. She texted on the group message that it was “power time.”
All of a sudden, Nadia started singing. We all started dancing around the warehouse, looking for a dancing vampire.
“There!” yelled Hannah.
We all danced madly as fast as we could toward him. Once he was within an arm’s reach, Nadia stopped singing and she looked at me. I immediately started laughing. Everyone fell on the ground. While the vampire laughed, Adeanna used her pretzel power to tie him up in a human knot. He was making too much noise, so I had Hannah shut him up with her living afro. I stopped laughing, and stayed with him while everyone else went to look for Jia. I had Caroline stay with me just in case he tried to escape.

The author's comments:

This story is written from multiple peoples perspectives.

Jia
I heard a knocking on the door, and I screamed.
“HELP!!”
“Jia!” called someone. “It’s Nadia, we are going to get you out of here.”
“Oh my gosh, really? Thank you!!!”
“How do you do this lock?” asked someone else. Sammy!
“It is a color lock. You have to line up all of the red blocks to get it to open.”
“But that is impossible! This puzzle will take forever!”
“I think I can get it!” said star. “I have the power to change colors.”
There was a click at the lock and it opened. They found me inside the freezer with my hands locked in chains to the wall. Sammy wrote on a piece of paper with a pencil and read it out loud.
“The chains on Jia’s hands broke, and she was able to free herself.”
The chains dropped off of my hands. I stared in dismay.
“But how?”
“Your emergency power used us to save you.” said Hannah as she and Adeanna carried me out of the freezer.
“Oh my gosh, thank you!” I started crying. I was so happy to be with my friends. I was finally saved. “What happened to your hair, Hannah?” Hannah literally had no hair at all. None.
“It’s a long story.” She answered.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.