Never Alone | Teen Ink

Never Alone

By Lomas, San Diego, California
Lomas, San Diego, California

Another day without her, I thought as I sat there,staring at moms photos in the right side of the bed. Here is a story that I will be telling you about herself and her parents and someone special to her life as while. Even though I lost an important member in my life, and that is my mother. I thought that it was going away for a week.But I was wrong on. After the day when I was turning 15 she had a bad fever. Her birthday was on June 25 .And I’m the only child. Some say that it’s great to be the only child, to be with a mom and dad, but they don’t know that I don’t have a mother. My dad goes to work almost everyday. And I was moving to another school and house also.

Well we needed to move because they sent my dad to another place. I was at San Diego and my dad’s job was at Los Angeles. We took the truck to go there. Even though we have to move, I whispered to myself, “Everything might change” but it was in a good way. 

My father responded , “You said something, Lily?”

“No, it was nothing” I replied. It was almost in the beginning of the school year. For some reason I put my hair up and started to pack. I enjoyed packing my stuff in the boxes. I left out the drawing book that I always have, hoping to use it when I moved to Los Angeles. “The first thing I’m going to do is draw,” I declared, as if I was talking to myself. Sometimes she does talk to herself almost all the time but this time she doesn't do it.

I can almost hear my mother voice in my head saying, “I loved it when you mix colors a lot.”  That is when I put a different style of clothes to school and home.That is all I can hear right now. I finished packing.

I headed downstairs to pick up the stuff for the cat. He comes and goes. I always wonder what he’ll do all day. He came when I was putting the bed away in the boxes. And so, I put the cage, almost at the corner, under the table.He got in and almost fell asleep.I didn’t close the door on him.I was happy that I was moving to LA.Moving house,school,new friends I can go all day if I wanted to but I didn’t.But that didn’t stop me by becoming sky.

It was almost time to leaving when I saw some of my friends heading my way and said good lucky. I was so happy when they said bye to me. It was already time to go before they headed to get there in the morning. It was almost about  11 or so. Well it was around 10:45.

When we got to the freeway, there were a little bit of traffic it almost took an hour for it can go away. So we were almost at Los Angeles there were almost full of traffic. From the other way there were a fewer of car.

Me and dad was hearing music on the radio and and we looked at the windows and we were almost there it was almost scary because it was a little bit raining in Los Angeles so we went slow just a bit.I was in the front seat with dad and also the cat.

I took him out and put it my lap and before he fell asleep.When we got to Los Angeles we were both throw the windows and we say big houses and full of houses and we saw some of the schools.And when I grabbed my backpack open it and I took out my sketchbook and started to draw the rain and the the houses.

We got to the school it was about to getting dark so I couldn’t tell how it was or look so I just drew how it was before it get morning.I couldn’t put my window up because the cat was to asleep and for me it was so cold. And I started to put my book away.We ask for  direction and they were nice and helpful.It was almost a full moon it look pretty.

There were a couple of  four people.She thought maybe they go my school.My mother told me every onces a year and says is that “don’t count it to much,you’ll have friend”.I looked happy when I got to Los Angeles. So I ask my dad if I can go take a look in the morning and look around for my sketchbook  collections,and respond “ok then be careful I don’t want you late” she responded “ok dad thanks”.We got to our places I asked  dad “how many rooms are they dad”he responded “ummm there only three rooms”and she responded “ok dad”.

She got surprised when her father shouted “the extra room is for you and the other one is for your painting and art work”.And I was excised when I heard, “the first thing when I wake up is painting the walls and fixing-

Dad responded “wait,first we need you first at school and beside you can start by doing all that in later when you fix your room and later on you can fix the other one.”

When we got to the place I moved the cat out of the way for I can go look at the house some of the neighbor came out welcome to us.And The first thing that I did was walking slowly looking around and I forgot that I handed a book in my hand the whole time.She put  the book in the car and started to walk inside.But before she went inside the house she was amazed when they came out and greed to us.

As when going to the car I got I put on my backpack and dad was calling the manager or his boss I couldn’t tell which.So the only thing I hared was “Hi. it’s Mr.David I got to Los Angeles.” That is all I heard.I was also getting the cat out to see where we are staying.

I asked dad, “How long are we going to say here?”

Dad responded, “Do not worry sweetly we can do it.Why you don’t want to stay here Lily?”  “no I was just saying how long.”

As soon as I walked inside. She saw the living room and kitchen and took around the house it even has a big space in the back.I even looked upstairs there were 3 rooms and I almost forgot that there were a garage in the front so we can put in the car in the night instead outside coming back and fourth.

So when dad told me to pick a room for my art,but dad got to choose first and that was the bigger one.So I choose the medium and when I got to the car to get the paints for my room.So I took them to the room and their were a small window.
And when I was looking out the window it was still raining just a bit.“It looks like the rain is going to stop by tomorrow morning!”yelled dad in the hallway and I responded back and said “ok dad”,but before that I was kind of leaning on the door. 

It was getting cold so I went to go get my bed but when I got to the car I think I saw  a person caught his or her cat.I couldn’t tell but it was kind of tall like 5 feet tall or so.And my cat got out of the house by the drive way,and it was kind of staring at me when I was trying to see who she or he was.

So when I was getting my bed out of the truck so my cat was in the way and he couldn’t move so I call out his name and when I was about to call  his name he moved and climb the cabinet and was about to fall asleep.

After all that when I took it down it was  a little bit of easy but the hard part is where did I put the blankets? and I was look  and moving them around suddenly when dad came out to  take down the food he “what are you looking for?”and she “dad where are the blankets?” he responded back “oh yea,it’s in the front sorry I forgot to mention it”.

When I was taking them down when I saw a photo of mom.So I laid that in dad seat. I took the blankets into my room and to dad’s room. Also, when I was in the room, I saw dad fixing the closet. I told dad, “Here are the blankets.”

When I was about to walk out the door, and he said to me, “Your mother wanted to come back to Los Angeles. She wanted to see her town before she had cancer.I was about to cry. My eyes began to turn red.

And she ran out the door and started to take out her suitcase and she had to take down her desk to put back in her cloths.She had a closet in her room.So she started to take down all her stuff from the car.Her father was taking down the food and he took them to the kithen.He put them by other.

Then when before he was going back to the car he was looking at Lily to see how was she and if she got all the need that she can get.“Lily do you need any help?”announced and she responded “no it’s okay I can do”.

After that he went to the car to pick up his bed and also his cabinet.He also had to take down his suitcase.It was kind of havey and suddely it wasn’t.When I was helding it Lily pop up and started  to get the suitcase and when I he saw that he was happy.He yelled “you look like you’r mother.”She responed back “I know dad you say that a lot even my teachers from school.” “You sure had lots of friends and teacher that like you.” 

It was getting late I was almost sleepy and by the time when I put my bed in the room and the desk in the side, “I almost forgot to put mom’s photo next to me”I told myself that.When I was going to the car to pick up more photos.

I saw that dad was holding outside and was staring at the stars.And when I was heading out to be with him I remember, myself that I need the blankets it was get cold at first but I changed my mind and started to take out a jacket and started to held outside.I told him “dad are you okay?” he whispered “yeah I’m okay but thanks for asking. 

When I was out with dad I was falling asleep.Dad gaved me a kiss in the forehead but befor that dad took me to my room and put me in the bed.So he stared at mom”s photo and he told her “you miss her too,I do to.”

Then next morning came.I woke up in my room and when I went to the living room it was all done.I thought to myself did dad do all this.When I was heading to the kitchen my dad was already making food he was smiling.I had never seen dad act like this way before.

I was surprised that I never seen dad at like this.I thought to myself maybe it that we moved to Los Angeles.I ask dad “are you okay dad” he responded back “yeah why,do you ask  are you okay?” he did it in a smile when he was talking to me, “yeah I’m ok but why are you smiling about and why are you cooking now?” “Why I can’t we got the house,your own two rooms.”

When I was about to wake up and before all that, the cat was sleeping next to me. It was cute when he fell asleep in my bed instead of his own bed but he was stretching too much. I started to unpack the truck. That day I saw the cat was following were I was going right behind me.

I was also taking down the boxes of food.I started to cry a little when I saw the small box of photos of myself, dad and mom when I was a baby and when I was growed.There were lots of photos of me and mom.It seems that dad was still in the kitchen.So later that day I saw some of picture frame so that I can hang them in the wall.I found some I stated to go over the pictures and put on the wall.

When the cat came in the room I was surprised.He came and sat next to me in the bed at first when I was going to put some pictures in the wall there were like 5 or more that I hang up in the wall.

When I was putting them on the wall. Dad came in and saw what was I doing to the pictures.He told me when he was going to pick up a picture “you know what?Let’s make an album instead and hang a little bit in the wall what do you say?” I respond “yeah.”

We started to make a album so we first put mom and dad when they were young and I came in the middle of the album.It was a pick one.

“You're going to school starting next week” dad announce.When we were still putting the album together.“Ok dad” It was on a Tuesday when he said that.I was almost done packing.But she forgotten that she had her other room so she went to the other room and started to unpack all the paint brushes and the painting that I did back home.In that room their were a half of the window that she can see.

I was already finished with that room.So dad and I was both doing the living room.We stared the sofa’s and later that day dad ask me that “we going shoping to buy more matureds for school and your arts too,get readly in 10 mins” “ok dad.”I got my suff readly and when dad were about to step out the door he wanted to check on  the cat to see what he was doing and where he was for we can feed him.

We started to look for him.We both went different directions I went to my room and looked and dad went to his room and checked.He wasn’t in dad room so then I looked under the bed and he wasn’t there.I told dad “maybe his in the garage sleeping and we both check and there he was falling asleep. I put food in the flour to feed him and he was still asleep. At first I thought he got hurt but he didn’t he got up in 4 mins and he started to eat.He was hungry. I told myself that “I almost forgot to feed him in the morning”.

So We got to the store and we were  trying to finding the stuff that we needed for the house too but first he send me to go get my stuff for the art.Later we got all the stuff that we needed around the house. Then I went to pick out a backpack and pencils that I needed for school.”Dad I’m ready can we go now.”

when we got to the freeway there were a little bit of traffic. So we got home around 8 it was still early. So I went to my room and I started to  put my stuff together in my backpack for school. It was almost time to go to school. It was on a thursday that day.

Later that day we were done unpacking and dad’s phone was ringing so I answer “Hello?” and they responded back “Hi is Mr. David there? I need to speak with him”I told them “Sorry his in the shower, but I’ll let him know you called what is your name for I can give him to him?”Oh so you're the daughter that I was hearing about all day in work”Oh really that cool well I have to go talk to you later if we have a chances bye”I respond back.And I was the one to hang up.

In about almost an hour. I told dad “someone was called they wanted to talk to you” dad respond “Oh ok,I’ll call them back thanks for letting me know.

When I was heading to my room to start and draw when suddenly I saw the cat laying on the ground.I thought to myself “I wil try to draw the cat sleeping in the sun set is rising”.I started on doing it and I amost got it.At first I did with the pencil and later on I was going to paint it .When I got to water for myself the cat was already awake. I just drew it instead of painting it.

It was almost time to go to school and I was already for school.Dad took me to the school. I was heading to the office to get my schedule when I come to school on Monday.I went to the office there were a teacher and some students.I ask them “where do I get my schedule” and the teacher respond back and said “so you’re the new girl from San Diego, ok then what is your name?” “It is Lily and yeah Im new how do you know that.” “I lived there for 5 years  and I came back”

“Are you the P.E teacher?” “Yeah my name is Mr.Daniel P.”I was surprised that I meet a new friend from school it was kind of crazy because it was by a teacher. I told him if “I can go and take a look around the school for Monday” “yeah do you want me to send you a person to guide you to the way” “no its okay I can do it myself”There were some cute guys with him. It looks like there were in the soccer team or something.

There were like five of them.They came and introduce to them self to me.There name was Jacob he was kind of taller then me but an inch, Luke was it name, Logan was short,Justin was the calm one.But in the end Jacob spoke “behind us is Jake”.It was surprise but Jake didn’t introduce himself too,well lets just say that he didn’t said anything.

They were all nice.Luke spoke “don’t pay attention to him he get like that all the time its his personality but the more you know him you’ll get use to it or he’ll be nicer” “oh ok bye then.”I left the office and started to walk around first and then look for my class.The school was kind of big.But thanks god I made a little bit of friends I thought to myself. But before that dad drop me off and he told me that “call me when you're done.”

Dad had to work but i thought to myself that “I won’t call him from work.”So I took a look around the school and I saw some girls staring at the boys.I told myself what are they looking at.But it was Luke, Jacob,Jake,Logan, and Justin there were at the field playing soccer and the coach.They all wave at me but not Jake. He made a score.

I realise that today was a practice playing  soccer.It was in the middle of there practice. Then they kicked the ball too hard and it went to me.There were calling my name “Lily pass the ball over here”when I got the ball I started to put down the papers.Then I kick it so hard and they shouted “thanks great kick”. I was getting my papers and when I heard that “She good she should be in a soccer team or with us” said to jake. Then jake responded “ok then lets play ball”.When I was walking away there were 4 girls playing tennis there were good.

I watch them for a while.Then a girl called me, “Hey, you want to try?!”

I told them, “Yeah, thanks!”  They gave me a racket and I started to play with them. ?When the ball went over the gate, I told them “I’ll get it”.

I went and looked for it. It was at the field where they were still playing. I found the ball and it was almost in the middle of the field. I got it and when the ball was almost coming to her. Jake saw and he was running to her trying to stop the ball from hitting her.He did save her because it was a girl from the other side of the gate was trying to kick it to them but it was heading her way.

“Lily! are you okay” “I responded back “yeah what happened” The four of them came but I look and see who got hit and I saw it was Jake.I thought to myself “wow that was closed”.I told the guys “sorry let’s just say that this never happened” “but it did, you should have seen Jake face” announced Jacob.

“Well I should go before I bring bad luck to everybody”One of them said no you don’t stop being like that maybe we should take you to the nurse I think you got hit in the head” I told them “no I still need to play ball with the girls and still walk around for my classes but I’ll go later if it still hurts by the way thanks for caring and tell Jake thanks for protecting me.”

When I was heading to the tennis court they weren’t there anymore so I just got my papers and put down the racket and the ball.Then I got out of the gate and the boys weren’t there anymore so I started to walk around.And I looked up at the building and I think I saw Jake alone in the roof.

When I was done looking for all my classes there were a young little boy outside.He  came up to me and say “have you seen my cousin Jake I think I lost him in the way out” I told him “I think his in the top building or the roof.”

He grabbed my hand and started to say “can you play with me in the field I have a score ball in my bag?” I told him “Are you sure, aren’t you're waiting for cousin “jake. He responded “No it’s okay I always goes there and maybe he’ll pick me up there.”

“Okay then, lets go to the field.” We started to walk all the way to the field,well actually I did like 2nd time but when I get there it s going to be my 3rd time being there.

When we were still walk and I saw Jacob, Luke,Justin behind his. I told the little boy “Lets make a race to see whos going to be the goal”the little boy responded “ Ok be warned I’m the fastest runner in my friends.” “ok then well see.” We started to laugh for no reason it was kind of funny at first. When we were about to race to the field someone yelled “where are you guys going?” but we stopped and look and it was the Luke, Jacob, Logan, and Justin. We both responded “Field” “great can we can play too”Justin wanted to be goalie so I let him.Then we started to walk to the field.

Then we got there we all started to play ball. it was fun playing sean's mom died I thought to myself we were having fun. It was already like 7 or 6pm the sun was going down. I smiled and made a goal. Then I told to myself I now have friends to spent time at school and being happy.

Dad called me and said “I’ll go in a bit to pick you by the way where are you Lily?” “ Ok dad ummm just pick me up at the parking load.”

When I told the guys “I almost have to go my dad is going to pick me up in a bit” they all got disappointed that I was leaving.I told them “maybe the weekends or after school.They said “sure why not”.I told them let’s keep playing until my father gets here.” Then I pass the ball to the little boy that was called Ben. he then made a golad.At first they looked related, then i ask them and they said “yeah”. I was almost about to leave and then I saw Jake in the other side of the field and kick the ball and made a goal.

The boys were calling him “where were you We lost because of you just kidding it was a tile”. My dad was already here he honk, and I told the guys “Well my rides here see you around school.” I was walking to my dad’s car and when I opened the door he told me”Did you had fun Lily” “ yeah I did but I wish mom was here to see my smile.” Dad wish the same thing too.
It was already late when I checked the time I told myself “maybe I fell asleep all the way home”. It was like 9 0r 10pm.Then I got up and took a look to see where were we and I looked we were we were like 4 blocks away from home.

Dad was on the phone when I woke up.Dad told me “Hey Lil I have to go back to work will you be ok” I told dad “Yeah it’s okay” “don’t worry dad I’ll lock all the doors and windows and you have the keys to open.”

Dad respond “Ok but be careful around the house it still need to fix some parts of the house.”

I thought to myself I won’t go to bed first I’ll heard loud music in the radio or watch scary movies in the tv or keep on drawing that is on the tv.”Lily, are you okay maybe I shouldn’t go to work maybe later tomorrow?’

I told dad “No its okay don’t worry too much I’ll be fine.”

“Are you sure?”announce dad and I respond “ Yes.”

When I got home dad drop me of and he left and I waved. I started to walk to the door and I saw my cat in the window yawing I told to myself what is he staring at me like that. Then I started to listen to the radio.I wasn’t scared of the dark.I was yp untitled midnight.I turned of the radio and turn off the lights,but when I was about to turn them off the cat came to my bed and started to fell asleep so I turned them off and went to bed.

The next morning came. I checked my calendar and saw that tomorrow was school. I was excised to see the boys and have also have friends.Dad came and I think with the cat when he opened the door the cat ran on top of my bed and started to yaw. She thought to herself maybe I’ll have more friends.

I almost forgot that mom told me don’t worry to have friends. I even have dreams of mom and dad, Watching me walk to school everyday. I told myself that mom is still here watching over us. I even forgot that when mom was here we played games and I send more time together but when mom died dad had to leave for work almost everyday.

I went back to bed and started to watch tv. Later I went out to bed and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I went down and I saw dad in the phone maybe he got work again.  I guess I have to ride the school bus I thought to myself.

Later that day I got ready to go to the cemetery to check it out If it had the same in San Diego but When I got there it was a little different.There was just plain, I told to myself I guess someone puted a rose because it was still fresh.

The sun was going down and I told myself I should hurry before it gets dark and I handed my sketchbook I took it out of my bag and drew some of the trees and plants. I even thought to myself that when I grow other or when I’m with a friend I will lay down and look at the stars and stay up until the sun is rising.

Then I started to paint again before I leave there were a family in the top of the hill so I draw that too. “Mom where are you right now, and how was your day so far” I whispered to myself. I even had the feeling that mom was sitting next to me.I felt like crying but mom always says never cry “If you cry I cry and if you're sad I’m sad” we both know how we felt from miles away from home.She told me all the time to see what is in my mind. It felt like she was a friend  to me but more like a friend like an older sister.

“Ok” I told myself and I left.But before I left I always think that she is trap in the cemetery and find a way out.But the most important thing is that she is in my heart and I will never forget that. Then I started to walk out the cemetery. I first went to get something to eat and later on I can go home and go back to sleep.

When I got home dad was still not home I guess that dad left already when I left out of the house. Maybe his at work again because his car isn't here. Even the cat was laying on the bed when I came to my room. I started to put my bag in the closet and fixed in the morning.

There I was in the bed with the cat. I was turning on the tv to see what’s there to watching. And I ran to the kitchen to eat something. I made soup so then I walk to my room and then started to eat then went to bed. Turned off the lights and sleep for a while.

It was school the very next day. It was already time to go to school.Dad told me “your ready.” I respond “Yes I’m ready to go.” He gaved me a kiss in the forehead. I went to my first class and there I saw my friend Justin surrounded with girls. He waved at me and yelled “Hey Lily. I respond back and waved.

The girls was staring at me when I was going to my teacher.My first teacher was cool. I had 7 periods. My first class is math. Then science.Then it was English, then history and there were more other class.

I went to my second class and that was in a hurry before I get late.There were a couple of people in the way.At the biginging they gaved me a locker and when I got to my locker it was already full of people.

So I went to my classroom.And there I saw Luke and Jacob in my classes and they both waved and yelled “Hey sit over” they very nicest of them. I went to sit down and the girls was staring at me.

I told myself maybe tomorrow will be a great day I hope. Class was about to start and the teacher yelled “where is the new student name Lily”. I stand up “Here I am”. “Ok class this is our new student she came here all this way from San Diego.”

I got up and smile just a little. I was a little nervous by the way they look at me and the only person stining in class right now.But then I remember mom told me is “you don't have to be nervous all the time just be you.:”

Class was over.I stayed behind and put my head in the table it was already lunch. I got up and walked slow to the window and I whispered to myself “mom I wish you were here.” I thought to myself that “Is sure is different from San Diego.”

The boys came in and saw me standing by the window. “Hey! why are you by yourself in this room Lily”yelled Luke. I respond “just think of someone if there were here to see me” “Oh your boyfriend” yelled Logan.They came closer and they sat in the table. I stayed quiet for a while.

On that day I told them”no my mother.”
They stayed quiet for awhile and I told them “hey lets go get lunch” Luke respond “oh okay then are you okay?.”

“Yea I’m okay thanks for asking.” Hey! yelled at someone out from the classroom. It was Jake. It seems like Jake was hearing the whole time. I thought to myself what was he doing this whole time outside standing. He could of sat down or something.

When I looked to see and there he was staring at me when he got in the classroom. It was kind of weird because he was looking at me and he told us “are you ready to go and get lunch or what.”  “yeah we should go” I respond to Jake.

We all went down to the cafeteria to get something to eat. And it was pizza,it was delicious. Then they took me too my next class and it was cool because in my last period it was P.E and I had them for class and Mr.Daniel too. I got lucky to have them.

The day was over and it was I was about to leave the school and the same kid came he ran to me and told me “Lily, lets play ball, yeah come on!” I told the kid “Ok then.” We both went to the field and started to play with him. When I kicked the ball to him I lay down for a bit.

He started to run to me and he told me “Are you okay?” I told him “yeah my head just hurts a bit” I moved to the side to stretch. When Ben touch my forehead it was kind of warm. He told me “want me to take you to the nurse offices” I told Ben “No its okay I’ll be fine just a bit I just need to lay down for a bit.”

Later that day I woke up in nurse offices. I sat down and there I looked and saw the boys in the room with me there were asleep in the sofa all together,but not Jake. He was standing by the door with his eyes close. I thought to myself they all stayed right here beside me. But when I woke up I couldn’t remember how I got here.

Then I got up and sat down. I started to think for a while. I just notices that Jake woke up but not the others. He went up to me and started to put his hands in my forehand, he told me “Are you okay now?” I responded “yea what happened the only thing that I remember is playing ball with Ben and then I layed down on the ground, Who cared me.” He told me “ I glad that you're okay now oh and I was the one who took you here.” “thank you for doing that”.

Then he moved to sat down in the chair next to me.Then I got out of bed to go to the bathroom. He told me “where you goin now” “the bathroom why you want to come” I told him that it was a joke. He told me”no its okay I let them know that you're okay when they wake up.” I shook my head and told him “Okay.”

When I walked out from the room there were a little window in the door. And I could see Jake there closing his eyes. It seems that when I was walking to the bathroom I was getting a bit dizzy. I was lending the wall. So When I got out of the bathroom I went to drink some water and splash some of it on my face.

I started to walk but I was still getting dizzy. I feel to the ground and my head started to hurt. It was like 10 mins or so that pass.Jake said “why is she taking so long just to go pee.” Then he woke up Jacob.Jacob went out to see where was she doing because she wasn’t in bed.

Later that day I was trying to get up but thanks god when he opened the door he ran up to me and grave me he pulled me up by his shoulders and he cared me to my room.

When  I came to the room.The boys was already woke up  when we both came to the room He put me back to my bed. Jake woke up and he got up and touch my forehead to see if my fever went back. I was  about to closing my eyes when he told me “your fever came back.” “do you want us to call your father?” Luke said it in a quiet voice.

I told Luke“no it’s okay he won’t answer his at work and he doesnt answers his phone.” They asked if I had a other siblings. I told them” no I’m the only child.” I told them “it’s okay i’ll be better by morning”They told me “no we’ll wait with you.” I was afraid that the same thing was going happened to me just like mom.I thought to myself it won't happened or will?” I told the guys “im sorry that I cause trouble too much.

when I said that the Luke and Jake was the only two who was awake the other went back to sleep. When I woke up in the middle of the night I noticed that they were still here.I went down to get some water but at first I thought to myself I'll just wait in the morning but I couldn’t I was so thirsty.

This all happened in the middle of the school year. So I couldn’t wait until morning so I got up and walked to the door. I got out and nobody woke up because I checked in the window. And started to walk to the drinking fountain. When I was still there and someone was coming from the room there were standing by the door waiting for me. I was looking at the ground “I'm getting better right mom am I.” I whispered to myself. I looked and I saw a shoe and there he was waiting for me this whole time,It was Jake. I think he might of heard that.

Next morning came. I had a dream about mom last night and she told me to take extra careful It was still my birthday in my dream I was happy and she always tells me I will be in your heart no matter what happens in your life. And I evened smiled food just like mom made when I woke up from bed in the morning.

But It was morning I woke up and the boys was already woken up. I guess there were wait for me to wake up this whole time. When I was opening my eyes there were all standing and talking. I got up and told them “why does my head hurts still? When I say that they were still here I thought they left home in the morning but they did even moved they stayed.Jacob came up and he laid his hand in my forehead and he told me” Are you okay, its get away your fever.” I told him “I hope I am.”

I was still in bed.Justin told me“Do you want us to call your father to pick you up’” No it’s okay theres a short cut, you guys should go and get some rest” I told the guys.They told me “Are you sure?” “yeah its okay you guys go on ahead”. They said “okay then bye see you tomorrow.” I was thinking for a bit to myself to see if dad was there I’ll just climb the window or sneak at the back door or something. I told myself “maybe his at work.”

When I said all that someone was already standing in front of me.I was stretching and when I said that to myself. It was Jake , he was out there waiting for me.”Hey Lily do you want to walk home together tomorrow after school?”asked Jake. I was surprise when he told me.I told him “ok why not”.He responded back and he told me “Ok then see you tomorrow after school then bye” He did it with a smile on his face and I did too.

At first why did he wanted to walk with me. I thought maybe he lives in the next block or so or maybe he had the same thing I’m going though.Then I got out from bed and out from the school. I dont know why but I was walking slow to get home. when I was walking home dads car wasn’t there so it was okay for me to rest.And I hope that they didn’t call dad what happened at school. It was great what they did to me back there.

There were the only one who stayed by my side and mom too.Dad uses to that too but he had to work everyday. When he left I had a smile on my face but at first it was kind of weird. I was still walking in the corner And when I got home I went started to run to the kitten ,I was hungry then I ran to bed and covered myself under the blankets.But I couldn’t fallen asleep at that point. I was thinking about how I’m going to do tomorrow.

I left the door open for the cat can come in but then when I turned around he was already there in the window looking at someone or something. I look and there We both saw a boy with a cat.I was walking back to bed but I saw and told myself “oh it Jake.” then I ran up to the window and said “ wait what is he doing, does he lived there or what?” I started to changed to go but when I was done there were nobody outside just him and the cat.The cat started to ran out from my room.And I told “where are you going.” He was still running outside or something.

Then I saw my cat with his cat playing. I put on my shoes on and I went outside for to see them play around.And when I did that I came out and told Jake “Hey is that your cat,what his name?”

“yeah is that yours and what's yours ?” 

I told him “yeah his name is Jason and yours?.”

He told me it was Mia.Then I told him “Well i’m going to go see you tomorrow” Wait! he yelled “yea” he told me “do you want to walk together in the morning also.” Yea ok, wait what time” He told me 6:20 and school started at 7:20. “Ok” then I went inside to watch tv.Then in 15 minutes Jason came to the room.

He climb up on my bed and fallen asleep. It was so cold that day.I had to take out two blankets from dad’s room.I got up and walk to dad room.The next morning came and there I was so excited to walk with him dad was still asleep.He was already outside waiting for me with his skateboard.

Then we walked for a bit and I ask him if’ he ride.He told me “Yea do you?” I respond back “just a little bit.” “I didn’t know that you know how to skate, here” he gaved me the skateboard and rode on it.It was fun writing on a skateboard.He told me before school stated I told him”where do we meet?”

“At my locker”,said Jake.Right before school was over lily came and heard in a classroom that a girl ask out him.The day was going fast and school was over Lily came and I heard that someone was trying to ask Jake out and she ran out the door.I was walking slowly and he stopped me.Hey! wait up.“I told him why did u make that girl cry” he told me “I like someone else,” “oh my bad”.We both walked back home.

It was almost too quiet but we took turns writing the skateboard and we almost laugh at each other when using the skateboard. It was fun when we got to the house. We both said bye.I went in my home and dad was still not here.So I went to my room to get my stuff ready to take a bath.I went to the shower I took like 45 minues to take one.When I was done I started to head tpo the kichen to feed myselfe.I went to bed and I left the whach tv and I gusess I went to sleep and forgot to turn it off.

A month past and there I was still living in Los Angeles.I was having fun with all my friends at school it was already P.E and the boys were all playing scorer.And the girls were playing basketball. I was so laughing so hard that I couldn’t stop laughing and when I did the people started to laugh as well. When I did that the boys stopped and looked at me and they smiled.Jake said to himself “wow go at playing and she should stop pretending to be happy and just let it go from the past”.

SCORE! they yelled from my team and other people came and watch.It was fun, but I fell to the ground but I was still okay.When the game was over they gaved me high fives becuse I was the one who shouted. And people started to leave. I wanted to stay more and practices.

So I waited until everybody left. I was there alone in the basketball court.I made lots of shoots in the basket.And when the ball was rolling down to the corner someone picked it up and it was Jacob and the others was there with me and watching me shoot the basket.

And there I was shouting the basket in the hout.The ball didn’t made it for the last one it round over to the corner and there I saw the boys inside the gate with me. Jacob was the one in my team and he got the ball to see who serves it first so. Luke,Justin and logan are in a team.And Jake wanted to play also so he joined my team with Jacob.So later that day I was the one who was making the shouts the whoel time.It was 3to7. We were the one winning. It was funny I started to laugh for no reason. Luke yelled “that’s how you  laughing it’s our first time seeing you like this.” I stop and I told him “what oh thanks I thought you saw me laugh befor.” “well yea but not with us.”

It was almost time to go.The couch came and saw us play and he thought we were good. He told me “you should be in a basketball team for girls” I told him “thanks but no thank you.”And it was getting dark so I went to get my things and told them “I got to go it’s getting dark” “Awww why? just stay a little bit more if it’s getting dark I’ll give you a ride home.” I told them “Sure why not a little bit can’t hurt.”

So we keep on playing. They didn’t check the time I did it was already 8:30. I told them sorry guys maybe next time I’ll stay longer bye see you guys at school”. I was already getting ready to go.Jacob yelled “are you sure you want to go you don’t want a ride?” “I told them no it’s okay”Justin said “okay then see you around school bye.They all waved and I waved back.

So I went home and I saw dad truck in the driveway. And I came in and I saw that he was falling a sleep in the living room with the tv on.I came in and ate and took a shower when i was done.And I fell asleep.

I thought to myself that there are very good friends.iI had a good dream that Mom was in it.She knew all my friends And we all lived in the same street and she was a teacher in my school we were all a family.It was morning I woke up and smiled “thanks mom.” I whispered to myself.