Kevin | Teen Ink

Kevin

December 16, 2014
By Brandon Mendoza, San Diego, California
More by this author
Brandon Mendoza, San Diego, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The police look around the empty police station and busting through the doors runs in a young man handcuffed and looks worried sick. “Doakes!” a random police officer exclaimed.
“What do you want from me?” he replied.
The police officer pulls Doakes aside looking very confused on how there was a young man in the middle of the station. “Why the hell would you bring this kid into the station?” he demanded
“Because this “kid” that you speak of has killed someone.” he replied with a whisper.
As that police officer starts spreading the news about the kid, every officer had a different reaction some gasp, while others shake their heads and walk away. The captain came out of his office “Doakes, can I speak to you?” They both sat down in the medium sized office with their chairs facing each other. “What’s the boy’s information?”
“His name is Kevin Morgan, he is 18 years old, blue eyed, brown hair, he’s 6’1, he weighs about 120,he can also have psychotic moments, and he lives on 663 Crabtree St.” “That’s all I have right now sir,” responded Doakes.
           
      “Well then go out there and get me Kevin’s information before I get even more pissed!” screamed the captain.
“Yes sir!” Doakes exclaimed back with no confidence.
As Doakes walks out of the office, the captain throws his chair to the other side of his office out of rage. “The captain has a fast temper huh?” Kevin said with a slight giggle.
“Did anyone ask you to speak kid?” Doakes responded
“My name is Kevin.”
“I don’t think this is the way you want to be treated kid so, you better watch the attitude.” Doakes remarked. “For the last time sir, my name is Kevin.”
“You’re allowed one call, make it useful” Doakes replied as he gives Kevin two quarters.

Kevin gets up at the request of Doakes, so he can get his handcuffs off. Kevin has to walk from the center of the station towards the cells, Kevin is not happy about this at all. “I don’t belong here.”; “I haven’t done anything wrong.” Kevin said in his mind. As he gets closer to the pay phone the quality of the lighten gets worse which causes Kevin to walk a faster pace to try and avoid the criminals in the cells. He puts in the two quarters frantically and pushes in his mentor’s number since he is part of the Santa Barbara forensics team.
The phone rings about four times until he answers, “Vince! You have to get me out of this man, the police have me at the station, and they think I murdered someone!”

“I’ll be right down, just give me about two minutes.” Vince replied.
       
The phone clicks after that. Kevin walks fast back to Doakes office. Vince walks into the station looking at Doakes with hate.

“Well Well Well if it isn’t the lab geek Vince Chan, what are you here for dweeb?”
“I don’t appreciate you talking to me like that Sergeant Doakes; we work in the same building for Christ’s sake.” “I’m here to retrieve my apprentice because you seem to think he is a criminal.” Vince remarked back. “May I ask why you have him under your custody?”
“I believe he murdered someone,” Doakes replied.
“Yes, yes, yes. I already know that information. Can you show me what proof you have? Oh wait. That’s my job.”
“So, if you don’t mind, I’ll speak to the captain so I get my apprentice out of your custody so he can go home and I can work on this murder he seemed to have caused.” Vince confidently said.
Doakes took of Kevin’s hand cuffs, Kevin walked out the front door with Vince at his side.

Vince drives Kevin home and tells him that he needs to stay in his house for a couple of days until he proves that he didn’t do it. Once Vince got to the crime scene late because of Kevin, he scoped the place out. He was trying to look for blood trails that could have suggested that he walked or stumbled to his final spot. The crime scene was located close to UCSB it on the sidewalk of the beach so, there were many pedestrians watching. Vince walked onto the actual beach and saw that there was blood trail that came from the lifeguard tower. Vince followed it to find a bloody towel/rag on the front desk which suggests that the victim was trying to stop his cut or bullet wound.
As Vince calls for backup to secure the lifeguard tower, a detective interviewed a homeless man who said that he remembered waking up and seeing a tall skinny guy walking away from the victim’s body. Vince went back to body and took pictures, in one picture he saw a huge entry wound like if the victim had been stabbed with a bowie knife of some sort. The blood pattern on the sand about 20 feet away from the lifeguard tower showed that the victim was stabbed at close arms.
Vince continues to examine the body and in the back of the victims neck he sees a burn mark that reads the letter “K”. From that point on Vince get very dizzy so he sits against a wall to regain his mobility. “Kevin couldn’t have done it, there’s no way, and Kevin is a shy young guy, why would he want to kill this man?” Vince said to himself. Vince walks up to one of the detectives and tells him if he can go back to the lab since all of work at the crime scene has been completed. On the drive back to the lab he stopped by Kevin’s house because he needed to have a talk with him since he found out this new information.
Kevin lives in Isla Vista a small community with many college students and retired people, Kevin’s house is also right by the beach so it gives even more suspicion. His house is a moderate size with a couple of plants on the front yard, there is a tiny staircase that gets you to his front door. On his porch there are many blood related things such as vials hanging from the door and blood slides stuck to his window. Vince gets to the front door and walks in because the door was unlocked, “Kevin? Where are you buddy?” There was no response. He tried again “Kevin? Where are you buddy?”
As Vince progressed through the house he turned right into the main hallway that leads to the bathroom and bedroom of the house. 6 steps into the hallway on the right is the bathroom, the door was open also the sink was running. Vince continued into hallway walking at a very slow pace, he had the anticipation that something or someone is going to jump out at him. His heart starts pounding, he starts to sweat, and the anticipation is killing him. Little by little step by step Vince gets closer to the bedroom, he hears the wind whistle through the window, the curtains moving back and forth.
Vince gets to the bedroom door; he stops and looks at the doorknob. His hand reaches for the doorknob, his hand rattling with fear. The creek sudden noise of the door opens.

“Thanks for everything Vince!” Kevin joyfully said.
       
“No problem man, anytime” Vince replied.
      
Kevin shut the car door waved goodbye and walked across into his moderate one bedroom one bathroom house. Kevin pulled his keys out of his shirt pocket and opened the door. He throws his keys on the hand-me-down couch and walks straight to his kitchen. “I’m starving, I really hope there is food inside my fridge,” Kevin said to himself. He went for the fridge as if his life depended on it, and his hopes were shot down when he opened the fridge and there was no food. Kevin had not taken his medication since he was at the Police station the whole morning. He opened up his old wooden cabinet, and grabbed his multiple pill bottles. Two read “for hallucinations” and the other read “for mild anger”. Vince poured up a glass of water and took his medication. He turned around in disgust because of his medication and left his kitchen into the living room. You could tell that Kevin liked his things organized; all of his cd’s and movie discs were organized alphabetically. Kevin left his mail on the coffee table in front of his couch, he had 3 piles, one for bills,another for groceries/coupons, and the final one for spam mail. He turned left into his hallway and turned right after 6 steps. Inside his bathroom Kevin started brushing his teeth because he felt like his breath stinks, he stopped after a 30 sec. Kevin heard a disruptive rusty sound come from his bedroom window. Kevin spit out the toothpaste, he entered the room. There was no one there.
Kevin started searching his room for an animal like a raccoon or a squirrel, but when Kevin looked behind the curtain he found, nothing. There was no one there. Kevin was rejoiced with happiness.

As Kevin was leaving his room, a tall muscular man came out from under the bed. He put Kevin in a headlock; from there he put a towel with chloroform over Kevin’s mouth and nose. After 1 min of being strangled with chloroform, Kevin was unconscious.

The kidnapper put Kevin in a body bag and carried him to his black van outside of the house. The kidnapper drove off and passed Vince’s car.

Vince opens the door, his heartbeat is racing. There is nothing there. Vince gets out of the house to get his forensics kit because he is feeling very suspicious. Coming from back from his car Vince notices a trail of size 12 footprints, he follows the trail and it leads to Kevin’s window. Vince looks around at the floor and finds a rag that smells very volatile, he puts on his rubber gloves, grabs the rag and realizes that its chloroform. From this moment on Vince knows something bad has happened to Kevin.
       
Vince enters the house once again, except this time investigating everything. First, he sprays luminol around the bathroom; He doesn’t find any trace of blood. Next, he travels to the bedroom the main crime scene; he sprays luminol on the floor and on the bedroom. He sees tiny droplets of blood on the floor by the right corner of bed. “The pattern of the blood shows that Kevin put up some type of a struggle” whispered Vince.

Vince pulled out cotton swabs and rubbed that surface as evidence. Vince continued to search the house but he couldn’t find anything else. Vince left the house and returned to his car. Vince sat there shocked, confused. He had no idea what to do, how to save his apprentice while still keeping up with his day job. He banged on the steering wheel repeatedly in anger, the car’s alarm turned because of it. “God damn it!” shouted Vince. He plugged in his keys and drove from the premises. He arrived at the lab, threw his briefcase on his desk, sat down in his chair slammed his head against the desk.

Yo Vince! , What’s wrong my dude?” commented a random detective

“Nothing man, it’s just this recent murder has me really confused” replied Vince.
Vince recovered from his little moment and took out the cotton swab he got from Kevin’s house. He ran it through APHIS; he got Kevin’s blood which means the kidnapper injured Kevin in some type of way. “My guess is that the kidnapper scratched Kevin during the little altercation” Vince whispered. He took the rag with chloroform and inspected it if he could find any hairs or dried skin. Vince found a light brown hair, one that couldn’t come from Kevin since he has dark brown hair. Vince ran the hair through APHIS and got an identity; Randall White. Vince printed out this man report which contained his previous offenses, address, license plate number, the car he currently owns, etc. Vince drove to this man’s apartment to see if he could have a talk with him and ask him basic police questions.

The neighborhood this guy lived in wasn’t too pleasant, there was graffiti on almost every building, sounds of ambulances and gun sounds were constantly heard. As he arrived at Randall’s apartment building there were two guys with massive Rottweiler’s at their sides ready to bark at anyone who gets near. Vince gets near towards the two mean and the Rottweiler’s go into a frenzy. “You can just see the anger in their eyes,” Vince mumbled.

“Hey You! What you say about my dog?!” both of the men yelled.
Vince stopped and looked like a deer in the headlights.

“Uhh nothing guys I’m sorry if have disrespected your dogs in any way” Vince nervously replied.

“You’re damn straight you disrespected my dogs, you better come over here and give them a hug!” the men exclaimed.

Vince crept up, he leaned towards the dogs, and his heart beat was racing as if it was in the Daytona 500. Vince just went in for the hug; worst decision he could have made. The dogs jumped on top of him. The slobber. Vince couldn’t believe it. The dogs were snuggling with him. The Rottweiler’s were licking his face out of joy and happiness. Vince got up, still petting the dogs, “Wow your dogs are extremely nice and sweet, they just need some love.” Vince joyfully said. “Hey by any chance do you guys know where Randall White lives?”

“Uhhh yeah he lives right on up the stairs, first apartment you see” one of the men said

“Thanks! You dogs are very sweet and kind!” Vince kindly said.

Vince walked up the stairs, knocked on the door and waited for a response. Nobody answered. Vince looked around for a bobby pin to see if he could pick the lock, he found one on a step. Vince thought to himself “Hmmmm I hope I can still pick a lock with a bobby pin and a knife.” Vince went back to his car and got a knife from his forensics kit. He marched back up the stairs to the process of picking the lock. He inserted the bobby pin into the lock and used the knife as well. *Click* the door cracked open.

Vince entered the room and wanted to run out because of the horrid stench in Randall’s apartment. “It smells like horse crap and a football locker room after a game, I wonder what the heck this guy has in this tiny apartment” Vince stated.

Vince searched around the house hoping to find something that could lead him to figuring out where Kevin is being kept or if it’s even Randall who kidnapped him. Kevin opened a closet door inside the living room and a huge bag flopped out. “The size of this bag could fit scrawny ol’ Kevin”. Vince continued to search around the house and found a bag filled with different types of towels that smelled putrid. Vince decided to grab one and put one into a plastic bag incase if the towel had chloroform.

Vince couldn’t stand the stench no longer so he opened a window to release some of this horrid air. Vince was hoping he could find some sign that Kevin had been here but he couldn’t find anything besides a huge bag and a towel that could or could not have chloroform. Vince left the house, went downstairs and entered his car.
As Vince turns on his car an SUV pulls up, “It could be Randall, I should stay and find out” Vince thought in his head. A big Caucasian man came out and walked up the stairs. Vince ducked down in his seat. This man entered “Randall’s” house, from that moment on Vince knew who he was looking for. Vince continued to stay in the car incase if the Randall was going to take Kevin out of the car or show some sign of that. Randall came out of his apartment with that huge bag Vince had found; everything went slow motion for Vince after that.
Randall walked to his SUV put something or someone in the bag and carried away to his house. Vince thought to himself “You could just tell that there is someone in there” Vince couldn’t process anything, once he saw “Kevin” in that bag. Vince stayed in his car drifting off into space. Eventually Vince was so dazed off that he went to sleep in his car.
*Thud* *Thud* *Thud* “Uhhh what? Who is there? What do you want from me” exclaimed Vince at the person at his car door. It was a police officer.

“Sir it seems you have been parked here for more than 1 hour I'm going to have to write you a ticket” replied the police officer.

“That won’t be necessary sir I’m with the Santa Barbara forensics team” Vince confidently replied.

“That doesn’t excuse you for breaking a traffic violation, like I said before I’m going to have to write you a ticket” the police officer said with an attitude.

*zzzzp* As the ticket ripped through the police officers booklet, he handed it to Vince and drove off. Vince looked at the ticket very confused since he had barely woke up about 2 minutes ago. “65 DOLLARS, THIS MUST BE A JOKE, ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW ?!” Vince screamed. Vince turned on his car angrily and stomped on the gas pedal to get away from this neighborhood. On the drive to his house, Vince started to remember the important things that he witnessed about an hour ago. “KEVIN!” Vince yelled. He stomped on the brake, made a U-Turn and bolted back to Randall White’s apartment.

Vince arrived at the apartment complex didn’t even bother to park; he jumped out of the car and ran up those stairs as if his life depended on it. He kicked down the door and yelled “Kevin! Where are you?” He looked around the house in a hurry, checked every possible place a body could be kept but he couldn’t find him, not even Randall. Vince got on his knees and started to hit himself, he was beyond disappointed with himself; he couldn’t believe he let his own apprentice get kidnapped when he is in the forensics unit. Vince crept out of the house in despair.

There was a door that could only be seen if you payed very close attention to. In that door was an eye looking out the keyhole, waiting for someone to come and get him, but all that he saw was a man bolt in looking for him and leave without even trying to find him. He was overwhelmed by his emotions which led him to start crying.

The next day, Randall arrives at his apartment wondering what the heck happened to his front door. Randall had lived in that house for over 5 years; he loved his ol’ smelly apartment that he calls home. Randall creeps up the hidden door and opens it to talk to the man. “Wake up maggot; I need to ask you something.”
Kevin’s eyes slowly open. “I said Wake Up!” Randall yelled in Kevin’s face.

“Yes I am awake now ask your question” Kevin replied.
“You think that is the way you speak to me?! I am Randall White, I kidnapped you, and I will be the one to murder YOU” Randall boasted. “Now my question is what the heck happened to my god dang front door?

“Uhh there was this guy who barged in here looking for something, I’m not sure what it was though, I was half asleep” Kevin replied.

“You’re worthless you know that, I should honestly just kill you right now, I have no idea why I am holding back on you” Randall aggressively said.

Randall threw Kevin back into the tiny hidden compartment and put a thick layer of duct tape over Kevin’s mouth. Randall went to his kitchen grabbed some potato chips, sat on his couch and watched his game shows that he loves so much. After a couple of hours of watching game shows Randall had passed out on his couch with potato chips crumbs all over his front chest.

Vince woke up and had a typical morning routine, wake up, take a shower, brush his teeth, make breakfast, get changed, and leave for work. He arrived at the forensics lab to work on the beach murder case, to complete it since it was his job. He took out the folder and reexamined the photos he took that day. He realized that he had missed one big hint in the blood; there were two blood patterns. This showed the killer had got hurt so if Vince examined the dead body once more he could determine who the killer is. Vince rushed down the coroner’s office to examine the body. The coroner was overwhelmed when he saw Vince bolting into his office,
    “Where is the beach murder victim? The one with the “K” on the back of the neck” Vince stated while panting
  
“Hold on Vince, jeez, I’ll go and get it for you” replied the coroner
       
The coroner returned with the body and Vince went right to work he looked under the fingernails for signs of skin or blood even to determine who this “K” killer is. He found nothing under the nails but he did find something in the “K” singed into his skin. There was a fingerprint on the neck. Vince retrieved it and tried to leave the room before the coroner saw him.
        “Did you find anything?” the coroner asked
   
“Sadly no” Vince replied with a fake sad tone
  
“Okay well you should go back to your office then, so we both can get back to our jobs.” the coroner responded
        “Phew” Vince said as he walked back up the stairs into the forensics building
       
Vince raced back to his office and started running the fingerprint through APHIS. Vince thought back to the time when Kevin had just became his apprentice and one of the first things he taught Kevin was how to extract a fingerprint from an object or a human.
    After Vince’s little day dream he looked at his computer screen and he couldn’t believe the name that showed up on the screen, his eyes lit like a light bulb, he blanked out, life was just a blur for him at that very moment. The computer screen read “Kevin Morgan”. Just to make sure Kevin hasn’t killed more than one person Vince went back into his folder of pictures from the most recent murders that took place in the last two months. All of those murders had a “K” somewhere on the body, one body had a tiny K behind the ear, the other one had a K in the scalp, another had the K on the sole of the foot, and the last one had it behind the thigh. Nobody had payed close attention to the pictures until Vince. “I can’t believe it, my apprentice is a serial killer” Vince whispered with such a shocked expression.

Vince started remembering the times when Kevin would show up significantly late to work, how he reeked of sweat and rotten meat and how Kevin was always finding hairs that weren't his on his clothes. It all started to make sense now, every clue that he discovered fit together. Because of the certain situation Vince was placed in by his recent findings he absolutely had to tell the lieutenant. *knock* *knock* *knock*
“You may come in” the lieutenant confidently stated.
“Uhh Lieutenant Ramirez I don’t know how to say this but … I think we might have a serial killer on the loose.” Vince timidly said

“You HAVE to be joking right?” Lieutenant Ramirez replied with a scared tone.

“No ma’am and the worst part is that he is my apprentice…..” Vince responded

“I WANT ALL THE INFORMATION YOU UNCOVERED IN MY OFFICE IN 10 MINUTES, I ALSO WANT YOU TO GO DOWN TO THE STATION AND TELL THE CAPTAIN TO ACQUIRE EVERY POSSIBLE WARRANT AND PUT A BOUNTY ON THIS KEVIN MORGAN!!!” Lieutenant Ramirez shouted.

“Yes ma’am I will have all of that in 5 min okay, I’m honestly very sorry for this situation” Vince replied.
Vince left her office in the biggest hurry, Vince felt like his life was on the line since he has never seen his boss be that mad at anything.

Vince rushed everywhere and timed himself to make sure he made it back to her office before 5 min to show his boss that he did what he was told. Vince ran to his office gathered all of the pictures and folders of the murders. After he gathered the papers Vince bolted down the stairs and around the corner to enter the station, he swerved around all the desks, entered the captains office so he could tell him what was going on.

*pant**pant**pant* “Captain, I have so pretty terrible news to tell you… you know that kid Kevin Morgan who was in your station about 2 days ago ?” Vince stated with a scared tone

“Yes, I remember” replied the Captain

“Well turns out that he is a serial killer, he was the one who murdered our last 4 victims including the recent beach murder…” Vince whispered

“WHAT!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I LET THIS KID OUT OF MY STATION AND HE WAS A SERIAL KILLER? WHY ARE YOU BARELY TELLING ME NOW HUH!?” shouted the Captain
“Well because I just made the discovery and I just told Lieutenant Ramirez about it, she screamed, yelled at me you know all that good stuff, and well she told to rush down here so you can put a bounty, warrants etc. on this guy.”

“Okay, well I will get right to that but next time I want the evidence in my office as well not just the lieutenants you hear me Chan?” replied the Captain

“Yes Sir!” responded Vince
Vince ran out the office and proceeded to the lieutenant's office.

“Wow, looks like Sergeant Doakes was right” the captain thought to himself

During Vince’s sprint he checked the timer and he had one minute to make it up the five flights of stairs and make into the office. Vince gave it all he had since he wasn’t really the athletic type since he worked with blood and not regular police work. Vince arrived in the office with 30 sec to spare.

“Here you go Lieutenant Ramirez; I hope you find all of the evidence very intriguing and believable.” Vince said as he put the folders on her desk.

Vince left the room so he could avoid the multiple questions his boss would have asked, he proceeded to the coroner’s office to inspect the last 4 victims not including the beach murder.

Randall woke up from his deep slumber to realize that most of things were stolen since he did leave the front door open.
    “WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO ALL OF MY STUFF?! THEY EVEN STOLE MY MINI FRIDGE THE ONLY THING I ACTUALLY LOVE IN THIS CRUEL WORLD” Randall screamed.
       
To make sure Kevin was still in the hidden compartment; Randall walked over to it and opened the door. There Kevin was, lying there with sweat dripping from his face and his stomach growling of hunger. Randall picked him up, ripped off the duct tape and dragged him into the bathroom to wake him up from his sleep. Randall threw him into the bathtub and turned on the cold water.
       
“Aghhh” Kevin shouted
      
“That’s right, wake up scum of the earth, you need to be told about the cruel things you have done on this earth!” Randall exclaimed
      
Kevin thought back to his dark times where he was murdering those innocent people, the one he remembered the most vivid was the beach murder. He remembered how he chased the girl on the beach, tackled her to the floor stabbed her in her stomach. How he took out his carving knife from his pocket and carved the letter K into her neck forever branding her. Then he threw her in the lifeguard tower hoping she would die from losing a lot of blood.
      
“Ahh, so you do remember the horrible things you did?” Randall stated. “Including the worst of them all, MURDERING MY DAUGHTER, MY BABY GIRL YOU MURDERED HER THEN YOU DECIDE TO BRAND HER WITH YOUR FIRST INITIAL LIKE SHE WAS SOME KIND OF ANIMAL!” Randall shouted as he was tearing up.
       
“I’m truly sorry sir, it’s just that I don’t know what to tell you, sometimes I just can’t control myself and I go on a rampage, once again I am truly sorry” Vince replied.
        “I don’t care about your apology; I am going to TAKE AWAY YOUR LIFE BECAUSE YOU TOOK AWAY MY ONLY DAUGHTER!” Randall screamed.
        Randall walked into his room and came back with a bowie knife. He was going to stab Kevin in the same spot he stabbed his daughter. The way Kevin treated his daughter is the same way he will treat him. Randall lunged in to stab him; Kevin reacted fast enough to kick him out of the way and the knife out of his hand. Kevin got up and ran around the house, Kevin almost reached the door, but Randall charged at him and brought him down to the floor. Randall threw a quick combo at Kevin, Kevin blocked one punch but the other punch hit him in the jaw. Kevin couldn’t do anything except block since Randall was on top of him throwing punches; the only thing Kevin could think of was to try and put Randall in an arm bar. Kevin reached out to grab his arm, he got it, and from there he threw Randall under him which put him in an arm bar.

“Aghhh!” screamed Randall.
       
“Let me go and I won’t break your arm!” exclaimed Kevin

“You’re bluffing.” replied Randall
       
“Oh really?” boasted Kevin
       
*snap* Kevin had broken Randall’s arm, his radius popped out from his arm. Randall screamed out of pain, Randall reached for his pocket knife that he keeps in his sock. Kevin had a cocky smile because he had broken Randall’s arm but his face quickly turned into a face of pain; Randall had inserted the whole knife into Kevin’s left side. Kevin let go of Randall’s arm, both of them lay there on the dirty living room floor, bleeding and in pain. Kevin was losing a lot of blood, he ripped out the knife from his side, and he let out a scream. Kevin used the same knife and stabbed Randall in the throat. Kevin laid back against the wall; he was relieved that he had survived the fight even though he was losing blood still. Using his last resort of energy he limped to the bathroom in the search of first aid supplies.

Under the sink was a huge first aid, the kit was so huge that it made you suspicious but that didn’t matter to Kevin at the moment. He ripped out all the gauze pads he could find; he put them on his wound. As he continued to put pressure on the wound, he found a black thread and a sewing needle. He knew he had to seal the wound or he would die. Kevin took of the gauze, poured hydrogen peroxide all over his wound, and proceeded to seal the wound. Kevin had put the thread through his cut but had not tightened yet since he was scared of the pain. Kevin started biting his shirt, he counted “one… two…three…” Kevin pulled the pain was so excruciating that he had bit through his shirt.
To finish off the wound, he put the last clean gauze pad on the sealed cut, then he put surgical tape around his waist and back to the cut to hold the gauze in place. Kevin went back to the living room, the carpet soaked with blood, Randall dead body lying there, he had to clean everything up or it Kevin would get arrested or caught. He taped black garbage bags against the door to provide some privacy as he cleaned up this mess.

First, Kevin took out the knife from Randall’s throat and threw it in a garbage bag, from there he covered Randall’s body with garbage bags and to top it off he put a bed sheet over the whole body. Kevin proceeded to do the generic cleaning things such as cleaning the carpet, cleaning up the bathroom etc. Kevin passed out on the couch since he was extremely low on energy.

Kevin Morgan was wanted by the Santa Barbara police department. They had posters; all the news channels were announcing all the information about him, showing pictures etc. Everyone was on the hunt for Kevin, possibly the whole city was looking for him. Police had raided his house and dug through all of his files at home. The only thing the police couldn’t find was Kevin’s car, it wasn’t at his house nor was it at the police station. Some neighborhood watch personnel volunteered to look for Kevin’s car around their neighborhood.
      
A couple days had past and there was no sight of Kevin, about a few hours into the day, around 6 in the morning a neighborhood watch man found Kevin’s car parked in front of this lady’s house. The police arrived and searched his car, they all wondered if this young lady was going to be Kevin’s next victim but if so then why did he leave his car here. Some policemen were saying that maybe he ditched his car because he heard the news on the radio; it made a lot of sense.

When the detectives on the case searched his car, the horrors they found were ridiculous. In the glove compartment, was the knife Kevin had used to imprint his first initial on everyone. Before they put the knife in an evidence bag, they saw that the handle had a sticker on it; it read “Santa Barbara Evidence Department”. Kevin had stolen this knife from evidence. When they opened Kevin’s trunk, there was multiple pictures of people with blood on every picture. It took about one minute for the detectives to realize that the pictures were of the victims.

One detective took it very harsh and she fell back. The other detective called Vince so he comes to the car since there was evidence that needed to be bagged and tested. Vince arrived at the scene and bagged each individual picture and tested it to make sure it was human blood and not animal blood. Since Vince knew Kevin the most it seemed like he was somewhat in charge, everything that he said the detectives believed, as they should regardless because he is the one using science to determine everything but it seemed like they just respected him much more. He told them that he was going back to the lab to go and test everything that they collected. Right before they were going to leave a detective found a two big hand prints that seemed to be bigger than Kevin’s hand size. The detective took a sample of them and took a picture of it just in case.
Vince arrived at the lab; he went into his office of solitude. He immediately started testing the blood on the pictures to the blood of the victims they showed, all the blood matches were positive. The detective that was at the car scene arrived at the station, they came up to Vince’s lab and told him about the handprints he found on the steering wheel. He also handed him the sample he took.
“Sweet! I actually think we have a chance at finding something, thanks man” Vince replied

Vince started testing the sample he pulled from the wheel. He ran the sample through APHIS. Vince wanted to scream when he saw the name that appeared on the screen, it read “Randall White”. It made no sense to Vince; he went inside Randall’s house and found no sign of Kevin, not one sign. Since this involved work he had to tell the lieutenant about it. He walked into her office and told her that a man drove Kevin’s car from his house in front of that lady’s house to try and trick us, that man is Randall White.

Lieutenant Ramirez told a set of policemen and detectives to go over to this man’s house and get him so I can interrogate him. Vince had overheard the conversation Ramirez had told the policemen, he got worried that they would find something that showed Vince had been to Randall’s house. Vince left about seven minutes after the set of detectives and police officers left.

Police cars were on the move to Randall’s house, the sirens wailing in the distance woke up Kevin from his deep slumber. Kevin frantically got up went inside Randall’s room to get a change of clothes. He could hear the sirens getting closer; the police were creeping up on him. Kevin ran to the kitchen grabbed a knife for some protection because he felt like this would be his last stand. Kevin sat behind the couch waiting for the cops to come. The sirens were as loud as a screaming harpie, Kevin knew they were outside of the house; he prepared himself.
       
Everything started going slow motion for Kevin at this moment, he could hear each individual step up the stairs, he heard the clinks and clanks of their badges, and he heard the guns get pulled out from their holsters. Kevin cocked up his arm; he was ready to launch this knife full speed at the first officer he saw. Once they arrived at the front door he saw their faces confused at the fact that there was no door. A police officer came up to rip the garbage bags so they could enter the house.

*floom* Kevin launched the knife at the police officer, the police officers and detectives jump back and hide behind the wall, one rookie police officer starts panicking and starts shooting in the house. Kevin gets up and grabs another knife and runs into Randall’s room. The police officer couldn’t take the pressure so he sat down on the steps. The remaining officers entered the house cautiously since they didn’t know how dangerous Randall was. Once they entered the house sergeant Doakes noticed the bed sheet covering something, he ripped the bed sheet off, A rush of blood and rotten meat entered everyone’s nostrils. The odor the body released was horrid; one detective threw up because of the smell.
They left the body there since they needed to find that guy who threw the knife at the officer; they don’t know its Kevin yet.

Kevin hears the officers approaching the door, Doakes doesn’t care about anything. He rushed in, he busts down the door. Kevin reacted just in time; he darted and dove out of the window. Doakes released one shot but it missed Kevin. Doakes got up to the window and looked at the man get up, he saw it was Kevin. He called back for backup because Kevin is armed and dangerous. The remaining police officers that were outside saw him running, they started chasing after him.

Vince was barely arriving to Randall’s house, as he got closer to the house he saw Kevin running for his life with multiple police officers running behind him. Vince for some reason didn't want Kevin to get caught because he wanted to know why he murdered all those people before he got arrested. Vince did a U turn so crazy that you could hear the tires screech like in all the car movies. Vince slammed on the gas pedal, he caught up to Kevin. Vince was signaling Kevin to ditch the police and that he would meet him somewhere if he was successful. For once, Vince was on the other side of the justice system well at least that’s the way he saw it, he felt the thrill and adrenaline rushing through his veins.
        Vince swerved in front of the officers so that just maybe Vince’s car could block Kevin from their vision. Vince was successful for a few moments but that gave Kevin enough time to jump into his someone’s yard. Vince turned instantly right after the whole diversion because he didn't want the cops to know that he was the one behind the wheel. Kevin stayed in this small mint colored house at the beginning of the street, he asked a random lady on the street if she could use her phone, the lady said “yes”. Kevin called Vince
        “okay so, where is this meet up location?” Kevin asked
        “Meet me at the taco shop on Bernard Ave.” Vince replied
      
“Alright sweet that’s just behind this house” Kevin cheerfully said
      
Kevin told the lady thank you and he proceeded to the taco shop. Kevin bolted to the taco shop because he was worried that the police would show up any minute now. Kevin sat down and waited for Vince to arrive. Kevin saw Vince pull up into the parking space in front of the taco shop, but he also did see from the corner of his eye, one police officer roaming around; Kevin ducked down under the table. Once Vince got to the table Kevin was sitting at, he came out from under the table and sat down.
       
“You want something to drink?”
Vince asked.
       
“Yes, I would like an horchata,”
Kevin replied.
      
It seemed like Vince was extremely calm, like nothing was phasing him, but Kevin was panicking and panting.Vince came back to the table with the horchata in his hand, and he proceeded to talk to Kevin.
“Why did you kill 5 people Kevin, just why ? ,I just don’t understand” Vince spoke

“I stopped taking my meds for a while… I didn’t really know what I was doing half the time, but man the rush I got when murdering those people was indescribable. Most of them did not want to die and well you know me so I got angry, it made want to leave them with something that shows who did this to them” Vince responded with a thrilled tone to his voice. “And that’s how I came up with carving my Initial into their body’s.”
   
    “Jesus Christ Kevin, why haven’t you told me these things in the past ? We could have ended your murdering spree and got you some help” Vince replied

“I don’t know Vince, honestly I think it was the rush that fed these evil thoughts…” Kevin whispered

    “Okay well… Ummm I don’t know what to say right now, that was a little too much to handle at once, so umm yeah I’m going to go to the bathroom and we will talk about this some more when I come back out.” Vince cautiously responded.

Kevin couldn’t take it anymore, he was out of his mind, he just couldn’t wait any longer. .Kevin stood up on the table, he yelled at the cop to tell him he was there, and the cop called out for backup. Kevin waited for all the police officers to be there, even Sergeant Doakes, he wanted everyone to see what he was about to do. Vince creaked open the bathroom door to see what the commotion was about, he saw Kevin on top of the table blabbering something. From the corner of his left eye he saw the police officers entering the shop, when all of them had their eyes on Kevin, he sneaked over to the officers section of the store so he could blend in. Kevin started to speak:
      
“I can’t take it anymore, the pain, the guilt, the anticipation, I feel like I’m going to just die right here on this table. If it’s possible I want you to tell the parents of my victims that I’m extremely sorry for I have done and that their kid didn’t deserve to die and neither did them.”
        Kevin pulled out the knife he was concealing this whole time, the one he stole from Randall’s house. When the police officers saw the knife their guns flared up and pointed at Kevin. Kevin put the knife on his neck, and said his last words “I’m sorry for what I’ve done.” Kevin slashed his neck from one end to the other, blood was spewing everywhere. No one knew what to do, so they told the workers of the store to leave and they waited there until poor young Kevin was dead.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.