ENCHANTIA | Teen Ink

ENCHANTIA

By saumyadeepa PLATINUM, kandy, Other
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other

A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)

ENCHANTIA.
I walk through the forest wanting to find something. Something that would make me feel better.
Being alone with no one to comfort you is not a good feeling.
‘Huh? What’s that? It’s a horse isn’t it? Where’s it running? ‘I ask myself as I run after the horse
I pass many trees, bushes, lakes and finally stop in front of a cave that I have never seen there before.
I look around for the horse but it’s nowhere to be seen. People say that sometimes horses show you the path to take to fulfill your destiny. Maybe the horse I saw was such a horse.
“Where did this come from?” I ask touching the walls of the cave.
I take several steps into the cave and look back. Everything looks perfectly normal.
I walk further in, looking back every now and then.
I walk and walk and walk, but the cave seems to have no end. But just as I thought I should turn back, I see a light, I run towards the light thinking it’s a way out. But how can a cave have two openings? This must be a tunnel that leads somewhere.
As I run the light I see becomes brighter. I come to the opening of the cave.
Water is flowing down from the top of the opening making it hard to see what’s beyond the tunnel.
‘I’ll have to go through. Through the water. Yes, that’s what I should do.’ I say to myself and I take one step closer.
I put my left leg through the water and try to feel for the ground. I feel nothing.
Without thinking twice I go through the water and I feel myself drop.
I look down and see water. Did I just walk through a waterfall? I look up and there I see the beginning of the water fall. The cave was right at the middle of the water fall which is why I didn’t feel any ground.
I look down again and take a deep breath. I plunge right into the water; the water hits my body with such a pressure that my arms and legs hurt me. I sink into the water and I swim back up. I look around me. Everything is so green. The trees are so alive, grass grows on the river banks and are lined with flowers, sweet smelling flowers.Oh I can smell them right now; it smells of rose, lavender and jasmine all mixed together. The wind, oh the wind is so cold. I’m already shivering. What is this wonderful place?
I slowly swim to the river banks and climb onto the soft grass. The grass feels like cotton.
I sit and look around. It seems to be a very quiet place.
I see a tree that has some kind of fruit that looks delicious. I stand up and go near the tree; I jump up and down trying to pluck the fruit.
“Ha, got ya!” I say finally having the fruit in my hand.
I turn the fruit this way and that, observing all it’s sides. I slowly hold the fruit with my fingers and take it close to my mouth and just as I am about to eat the fruit ………..
“I wouldn’t eat that if I were you.” says someone
I turn around to see a boy looking at me with one hand on a tree and the other on hip.
“Why? Is it poisonous?” I ask looking at the fruit and then at the boy.
“Well if you want to spend the rest of the day as a mouse, you’re very welcome to eat it. Otherwise just leave it on the ground.” says the boy
I quickly let go of the fruit.
The boy laughs. “That’s what they all do when they hear of what the fruit can do.” he says and I smile
“You from around here?” asks the boy
“Actually I from behind there.” I say pointing to the waterfall.
“From behind the waterfall?” he asks
“The tunnel at the middle of the water to be exact.” I say
“Seriously?” he asks
“Yup.” I say
“You’re from the human world?” Asks the boy
“Yeah, why do you look so surprised?” I ask
“Because there’s a barrier that prevents humans from coming here. You must be very special to be able to cross that barrier.” he says and he walks to me.
He gives me a fruit. “Eat this if you want to.” he says giving me the fruit.
“Sure it isn’t like the first one?” I ask
“I think I know about what fruit to eat and not eat.” says the boy and he hands me the fruit.
Looking at him, I take the fruit and take a bite.
The fruit is very yummy; it tastes a bit like apple and mango mixed together.
“This is good, where did you get this?” I ask and just as I ask that, I feel a sting on my foot and fall to the ground.
I wake up inside a house and I’m on a bed. I slowly get up and look around. I try to keep my feet on the ground but my feet are wobbly. I see the boy I met standing by a window looking out.
“Ah you’re awake.” says the boy turning to face me.
“You! What did you give me? That fruit was supposed to make me unconscious wasn’t it?” I ask angrily
“That’s the thanks I get for bringing you here? Do you know how heavy you are? What’s you’re weight? 50kg?” Asks the boy
“45 actually and you wouldn’t have had to carry me if you didn’t make me drop out. If you told me to come, I would of.” I say
“I was about to but that Wasinols sting made you unconscious.” says the boy
“A Wasinol’s sting? What’s that?” I ask
“It’s like a Wasp from your world but a Wosinol’s sting can make you unconscious and make your body numb for about twenty minutes.” says the boy
“How long have I been asleep?” I ask
“15 minutes. You can’t feel your feet right? The rest of your body is back to normal. Your legs will be fine in about 5 minutes.” says the boy
“Thanks and sorry for scolding you.” I say “Um, what’s your name?”
“My name is Titan.” Says the boy
“Cool name what does it mean?” I ask
“It means huge, strong and important.” says the boy
I smile. “Do you think that your name matches you? Don’t be angry when I say this but you don’t look that strong and huge. I’m not saying you aren’t, you just don’t look like that.” I say
“You doubt strong and huge but you think I’m important?” Asks the boy
“Yes, I believe that every living thing is an important part of this world despite it’s size, ability and appearance.” I say
“Both the mind and body can be strong and huge, so maybe I’m strong and huge in my mind and soul.
Importance is not always in appearance and status of living, it can also be in personality. Maybe my personality is important.” says Titan
“You’re right. I never thought of it that way.” I say
“You should think in all aspects not only in one because life and the world is a combination of all of them.” says Titan “Anyway what’s your name?”
My name is Jarta but I don’t know what it means.” I say
“It means heart.” says Titan
“I never knew my name had such a nice meaning.” I say
“Haven’t your parents ever told you?” Asks Titan
I look at Titan, look down at the floor and I look at Titan again. “I never knew my parents. The old lady who adopted me told me that my mother had given me to her and told her that my name was Jarta. My mother had said that they couldn’t take care of me because people were chasing after for something they haven’t done. They wanted the old lady to take care of me. I lived with the old lady till I was 16 years old but she suddenly grew sick and I treated her to get well but nothing worked. She died after about a month afterwards. I went to search for a job; I found a job in a small inn. I worked there for a long time but the innkeeper was never satisfied. I tried everything I could but no matter what I did, nothing changed. That’s why I thought I should get away from my grief and try to find something in the woods.” I say
“Didn’t you look for your parents?” Asks Titan
“I did but I never found them. I wish I had known my parents.” I say
Titan sits on the side of the bed and after a moment……
“I know a story, it’s kind of like a legend, but everything in it is true.” says Titan
“Tell me, I really like stories.” I say
Titan starts his story, “Long ago, an Enchantian lady fell in love with a human guy when he had accidently come to our world. She started to love him more and more each day but he didn’t care. He got to know about her love for him and began to tell her about things he wanted and how she could get them for him. One day the man told her to go to his world with him but no one liked the idea because no one trusted him and so they eloped. After sometime the man stopped his fake love for the woman and began to ask her to give him luxury and wealth with her powers. Enchantians never use there magic that way, it’s forbidden. She told this to the man thinking he would understand but he didn’t and he told treated her very cruelly. Unable to bear the pain any longer, the lady ran away from the man. She met a man who really loved her and she got married. Later she had a child. But the man had never stopped looking for her. When he found out that she had gotten married, he was furious and damaged the crops in that area and told the people that the crops were dying because the lady is a witch. The villagers grew angry and tried to kill her but they fled and giving her baby to a kind hearted woman, the couple ran away to save their lives. Our king and Queen got to know about this and they went out to search for the couple but they never found them. They stopped the search and they put a barrier so that only Enchantians could enter.”
“Only Enchantians are allowed to enter.” says Titan finishing the story.
“But I’m a human!” I say
“Yes, a special one.” says Titan with a sparkle in his eye.
I blush. “I mean otherwise you won’t be able to come here.” says Titan
I smile and nod.
We were silent for sometime and then Titan speaks up.
“Come on I’ll show you more of Enchantia.” says Titan and he grabs my hand.
“Wait! What about my feet?” I ask
“They’re back to normal now.” says Titan pulling me up and running out of his house still holding onto my hand. To my amazement, my feet really were back to normal and once we were out of Titan’s house, he let go of my hand. I look around me to see flowers of every kind. There is a small pond and it has the most beautiful fish I have ever seen. There is a tree with four different kinds of fruit. Titan’s house is in the shape of a flower bud and is the cutest house I have ever seen. Titan’s house is unlike any human house I’ve seen.
“Oh Titan it’s so beautiful here. I have never seen anything so beautiful.” I say looking at Titan with a smile.
“Well just you wait till it’s finished.” says Titan
“It’s not finished?” I ask
“No, there’s a lot of work left to do, the Munchen are still waiting for the material. The Munchen are the ones who make my house.” says Titan
“Is there really more to add?” I ask myself
“This tree is called the Tree of Wonders. There’s a really nice view from up there.” says Titan pointing to a really tall tree. “Actually, there’s a nice view from every tree in Enchantia.”
“But how will we get to the top of such a tall tree?” I ask
Titan offers me his hand and I accept it. A set of wings come from his back. “Like this.” he says flying up to the highest branch on the tree.
I feel a little dizzy when we land. “What more cool gadgets do y’all have?” I ask while my head spins round and round. I go to the very edge of the branch and almost fall but Titan get’s a hold of my shoulder and makes me sit on the branch.
Titan also sits on the branch. “These aren’t gadgets, these are natures gifts.” says Titan “Everyone has a special gift.”
“Oh really? Maybe nature forgot me cause I don’t seem to have a gift.” I say to him
“Nature never forgets anyone. You just haven’t discovered your gift yet.” says Titan
“Well I hope you’re right.” I say with a sigh
Titan smiles. “Don’t worry I know I’m right.” He says
We sit on the tree and gaze at the extravagant scenery of Enchantia. I know now why they call this place Enchantia. The trees look like they’ve been painted gold and silver.
“Come on let’s go down. There’s someone I want to show you.” said Titan
“Who?” I ask
“Take my hand.” said Titan and as soon as I held his hand, Titan jumped down.
I didn’t think we would survive the jump but amazingly we did.
“Another one of nature’s gifts?” I asked
Titan smiled. “You can say that.”
I smiled. It was fun being with Titan. All the sadness in my life seemed to fade away. I wonder whether my parents are Enchantians but maybe they’re not.
“Enjoying the view?” Asks Titan
“I have never seen such a beautiful place before. It just perfect.” I answer
Titan shakes his head. “It’s not perfect, nothing is perfect. Perfect is just a word we use to say that nothing is wrong but nothing is really perfect. If it was perfect, then it can’t be true or be anything good. Too perfect is also sometimes very scary.” says Titan
I smile. “Okay then Mr. Philosopher let’s just say it’s very beautiful.” I say
“I was just telling the truth.” says Titan
“I know.” I say and we start walking again
“So how was your life back there?” asks Titan
“It was nice but I don’t call it life. I mean is life only about living? If you live a totally horrible life, how can you say that you’re living? No, I call that kind of living, surviving. Surviving because you don’t want to die. Because you hope that tomorrow would be better but when tomorrow comes, it’s just the same but you don’t give up and you don’t run away.” I say
“Well I think that whoever kills themselves to escape problems is a coward; those who live to face the problems are the ones who are really audacious.” Says Titan
“That means I’m courageous, right?” I ask
“Yes, exactly.” Says Titan
“Thanks.” I say
“You’re welcome.” Titan says and he walks away.
“Titan what happened to your family?” I ask
“My family?” Titan asks and he falls into a deep thought. His expressions change.
“Titan? You okay?” I ask
“Yeah, Family is just a sad memory. All blurred.” he says
“Sorry.” I say
“Nah, It’s alright.Alot of people ask me about my family” exclaims Titan
“I would of never asked if I knew it would upset.” I say keeping my hand on his shoulder.

Titan nodded and kept walking.
I followed him quietly I really didn’t want to disturb him.