Javan

Author's note: I was inspired by the Religious background of my name and my fascination with the afterlife.
Author's note: I was inspired by the Religious background of my name and my fascination with the afterlife.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Prologue

A fire straight from the pit of hell burns in the eyes of the man while flames ravage the tattered soul in his belly. His mouth utters incoherent syllables strung together by a gurgling sound echoing off the canals of his throat. Queer limbs twitch and twist in unseen ways. Pain, confusion, helplessness all play active rolls in the horrific scene that is his countenance. His body slowly falls prey to another, a playground to the demon living deep inside.

Ahead of him stands a girl with
Bible Verses: 1 Peter 1:5 John 3:15
steely eyes but an expressionless face. Her glare speaks volumes to the demon, ordering him to leave the troubled soul it has infected. In a hushed voice, barely above a whisper, she speaks to the dying soul at the heart of the flesh, "who are kept by the power of god" she whispers, 'through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Keep our faith dear child, for whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." The sound of her detailed voice reaches the man's soul; it stirs.

She takes a step forward. The body of the man continues to have seizures. Another step; the body is forced to its knees.

The girl breaks into a run, right arm extended. A saber appears with a burst of light and a rustle of feathers, shining brilliantly in the light of the waxing crescent. The blade dancing in tune to the motion of her body, she brings it across herself, poised to strike and free the man of his tormentor.

A moment of eternity passes.

The blade by her side, a demon drying and cracking, rusting and bleeding into the dust on the ground at her feet.

She glances at the saber, dangling lifelessly from her grip, reading the inscription as it is being etched into to blade's side to learn the fate of the man's soul. She breathes, "He hadn't the faith."
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

Mommy said...
Feb. 7 at 11:50 am
I am always proud of you honey, this is great. Keep it up!

JackShadow22This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:52 am
Yes, the novel will be continued, I should have chapter 6 uploaded sometime this week.

carly_criz replied...
i love, love, love it!

luckiicloverxx said...
Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:26 am
This was really interesting! Are you going to continue with the story?