the wreck

Author's note: What inspired me is how hes changed my life so much.
Author's note: What inspired me is how hes changed my life so much.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Intro

The Wreck.

I could smell the dirt; I could feel the tiny pieces of glass in my shoulders, and not to mention the blood that was running down the side of my cheek and hand. Her scream was more terrifying than the actually scene, the oncoming car saw everything.

I was really excited for the night, fair was this week, my friends were in town, and it was summer. Things were perfect. The Day started off great, waking up to breakfast… well lunch in my case I tend to sleep in during the summer, but that’s kind of irrelevant, most teenagers do. BLT’s, odd how I kind of remember what I ate that day, anyway, I scoffed that down rushing to get ready, only to take an hour shower; I did that quite often that summer. I remember cutting my leg while shaving; honestly, I thought that was the worst pain I’d ever felt. Angry birds, which was the band aid I covered my minor little scrap with. He liked angry birds, he’s childish, but I don’t mind it. I sat around waiting for the text saying he was ready even though I hadn’t even begun to get ready. Meaning, I had wet hair, wet nails, a make-upless face, and some of the boyish clothes on ever. In a matter of thirty minutes the text came, “ready to hang?” Crap! I hadn’t even started getting ready, he would be here any minute and I didn’t want to wait to see him, and I didn’t want him to wait around for me, “Yeah, come in ten minutes?” I got ready faster than ever. I blow-dried my hair while picking out an outfit that said, “I’m trying to impress you, but I don’t want it to be obvious.” A flowered tank top, a bright pink shirt the was a little loose and hung off one shoulder, jean shorts with my favorite belt, and to top it all off a pair of flip flops that were from Hollister. Not to toot my own horn but I looked pretty cute. My hair was dry, realizing I had already taken ten minutes to pick out that outfit I checked my phone, no text, thank god! I rushed to put on my make up, which at that time I rarely put any on, mascara, foundation, powder, and eyeliner… I question lip-gloss or not then I chose to just put on flavored Chap Stick, I’m not really the lipstick kind of girl. I checked my phone, “On my way (:” I loved when he used smiley faces. I rushed to straighten my hair; it seemed longer then. I sprayed myself with my favorite perfume “lucky you” that’s kind of ironic now that I think about it, put on deodorant that smelt fresh. I heard the honk of his dad’s truck, it was a dodge, black, it was my favorite. Perfect timing I thought to myself as I rushed out the door starring at my bright pink toe nails on my sun-kissed skin to avoid the awkward eye contact. As I reached for the door, a rush of being nervous, excitement, and ultimately the happiest I’ve ever been came over me. Smiling like a dork I entered the truck, his lips pressed against my cheek, “You look really pretty.” Mission accomplished, I impressed him, but the more I thought about it the more I thought that I looked like I tried to hard to do so. Grabbing my hand he drove down my road turning right we drove past the park. His hand was sweaty, so was mine, I didn’t really mind it. The windows were rolled down, my hair was blowing in the wind, I was scared it was going to get messed up.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »