She Susan java mask Begs

Author's note: I was inspired to write this book because I wanted teenagers to know that they can still be a...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to write this book because I wanted teenagers to know that they can still be a Christian amongst all society. This describes how you can be true to yourself and true to God wherever you go.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6

~Olivia Olsen~

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. The guy that helped me clean up my slushy was looking down at me. I stood up and walked away from the table, so he could talk to me.
"Hi..." I said hesitantly.
"Hey, I'm Preston," he said, holding out his hand.
"I'm Olivia." I said, shaking his hand.
"Oh, yeah, before I forget, I um... I bought you the slushy and M&Ms that you had before." Preston said, holding out a cherry slushy and four packs of peanut butter M&Ms. From the corner of my eye, I could see Stella, Bethany, and Mickie staring at Preston and I.
"You didn't have to do that." I said, sincerely.
"But I wanted to," he replied.
"Thank you. Let me set these down quick, before I drop them again." I said, taking the slushy and M&Ms hesitantly, and setting them on the table a few feet behind me.
"Sorry about your shirt... I would be pretty upset if I spilled something all over my shirt." He said, awkwardly.
"Oh it's okay. My friends and I probably won't stay any longer. I don't really want to stay and watch it in a sticky, stained shirt." I said.
"I don't blame you. Well, bye," he said, turning to go back and watch the game. I waved.

"So, Preston huh?" Stella said.
"Yeah, what about him?" I asked.
"He so likes you!" Mickie exclaimed.
"Stop! Can we just leave? I really need to change." I said to Stella, pointing to my stained shirt.
"Okay, we'll stop. And yes, we can leave now." Stella replied.

When we got in the car, Stella put the key in the ignition immediately. I handed Bethany, Mickie, and Stella their M&Ms, and took a big gulp of my slushy, before setting it in the cup holder. I ripped off a corner of my M&M package, and shoved it in my pocket. Stella started to venture back to her house. I ate my M&Ms, one by one. When I finished them, I flattened out the package, then folded it, so it would be as small as I could get it. Then, I flattened it again and looked at the writing. It looked like someone had written a message on there in marker, but who? I tried to read it in the dark, but failed. We were getting close to Stella's house, so I just decided to wait until we got inside, to read it. When we pulled up into the driveway, I grabbed my slushy, and ran inside to Stella's room. Her parents must have been sleeping, because all the lights were off.
"What's going on?" Mickie asked me.
"Someone wrote on this M&M package, and I'm trying to make out the words." I replied.
"This is just like what happens on the movies! I bet Preston wrote on the package!" Stella exclaimed.
"Would you just stop already? And I mean all of you." I said. The package read,

I enjoyed meeting you.
Hope you liked the M&Ms,
And the slushy.
-Preston

I couldn't believe this. On the other side of the package, was his number. Stella was right, this is just like the movies.
"What does it say?!" Bethany asked, curiously. Stella and Mickie stared at me, waiting for an answer.
"Awww!" Stella, Mickie, and Bethany said at the same time, after I read the empty M&M package.
"Well... Text him!" Stella exclaimed.
"I will later. Now, I'm going to change into my pajamas." I said, grabbing my pajamas and heading towards the bathroom.

When I walked back into Stella's room, I noticed that they had plugged her iPod into the iHome. It was playing, "As Long As You Love Me," by Justin Bieber. Again, we started to sing,

"As long as you love me
We could be starving
We could be homeless
We could be broke

As long as you love me
I'll be your platinum
I'll be your silver
I'll be your gold..."

When the song ended, Stella said, "Olivia, you have to text him, now. I can see it in your face."
"No I'm fine, really. And if I did text him, what would I even say?" I said.
"Just say that you got the note, and the conversation will go from there." Mickie suggested.
I looked at all of their serious faces, "Okay, fine. I'll text him."

Stella decided to pop in Pitch Perfect, so while we were all watching the movie, I started up a conversation with Preston.
"Hey, thanks for the note. I enjoyed meeting you, too!" I texted him. I waited a couple of minutes for a response.
"Is this Olivia?" He asked.
"Yes." I responded.
"Oh, thought so. I'm glad you got the note. So...um...what are you doing tomorrow?"
"Nothing that I know of. I will probably just hang out with my friends for the most part."
"When I saw them tonight, I thought your friends looked nice. Well, do you want to hang out tomorrow?"
"Yeah, they are pretty nice. Aren't you from Albany though?"
"Yes, but my friends and I are staying at my cousin's house for the weekend. There is a concert on Sunday a couple towns away, and that's what we came for. So can we hang out tomorrow?"
"Um...sure. I don't think my friends would mind. What time, and what should we do?"
"How about coffee at 3:00 p.m?"
"Awesome, I love coffee! Bye." I texted
"See you tomorrow." Preston replied.

"Hey...guess what?" I asked the girls, interrupting the movie.
"What?!" Stella, Mickie, and Bethany said at the same time. I turned the volume on the movie down.
"Preston asked if I wanted to have coffee with him tomorrow!" I exclaimed, smiling.
"Ah! Your kidding!" Stella screamed.
"Nope, he just asked me. We are going out at 3:00 p.m." I replied.
"I can't wait!" Bethany cheered.
"You do realize that he is only asking me?" I asked Bethany.
"Yeah, but we're just so happy for you!" Mickie answered.
"Thanks, I can't wait either." I said.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6