She Susan java mask Begs

Author's note: I was inspired to write this book because I wanted teenagers to know that they can still be a...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to write this book because I wanted teenagers to know that they can still be a Christian amongst all society. This describes how you can be true to yourself and true to God wherever you go.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

~Stella Smith~

When we arrived at Rubio's, I drove up to the drive thru.
"Can I get four fish tacos? Two plain, and two with guacamole." I asked.
"Anything else with that," the employee replied.
"No." I answered.
"Okay, your total will be six dollars and eighty-five cents. Please pull forward to the next window. Thank you," the employee said. I drove up to the next window and received our fish tacos. The yummy smell filled the car.
"They smell so good." Bethany said, opening the bag and handing one to everybody. I stopped at a red light and took a big bite. Mickie and I were the only ones that like guacamole on our fish tacos.
The light turned green, and I asked Bethany, "Can you hold this real quick?"
"Sure," she responded, with a mouth full of food.
"Fish tacos are my all-time favorite food!" Mickie exclaimed.
"You got that right!" Olivia responded.

Once we found a parking spot outside of the gymnasium, we finished our fish tacos.
"Ready to go?" I asked.
"Yep, c'mon." Mickie said, opening her door to get out. The rest of us followed her out. It was already dark out, and the temperature had dropped quite a few degrees. I buttoned a couple of the buttons on my black and white blazer. We all ran against the cold wind to get inside.
"I need four tickets." I said, stepping up to the counter. Bethany, Olivia, and Mickie each handed me ten dollars for their ticket.
"Forty dollars please," the teller said. I handed her the girls' money and an extra ten dollars for my ticket.
"Thank you," she said, motioning for us to move out of the long line.
"Hey, wait just a second. I'm going to get a water." Bethany said, walking towards the concessions stand. The rest of us followed her, because we could use a drink, too.
"Can I get a water?" Bethany asked.
"Sure, one dollar, please. Thank you," the lady at the counter said, trading Bethany her beverage for a one dollar bill.
"Can I get a cherry slushy?" Olivia asked, after Bethany stepped aside.
"Yep, four dollars please," the lady said, trading Olivia her beverage for a five dollar bill. She handed Olivia her change, before Olivia could walk away.
"I would like a blue raspberry slushy." Mickie said.
"Four dollars, please," the lady responded, trading Mickie her slushy for four, flimsy dollar bills.
"I need a Mountain Dew." I said.
"Two dollars and fifty cents," the lady answered, handing me my soda. I gave her a five dollar bill, and she gave me two dollars and fifty cents back.
Olivia, Mickie, and Bethany were waiting for me by the stairs that lead up to the seats. We all walked up the stairs together, and found a seat towards the top of the bleachers. When we sat down, the clock made a loud buzzing noise. That meant that the game would be starting right now. Five players from both teams walked onto the court. I'm guessing that the announcers already introduced the players. I was sitting in the middle of Mickie and Olivia, and Bethany was sitting on the other side of Mickie.
"This can't be happening. Are those really juniors playing for Albany Central? They're so tall, and really cute!" I exclaimed.
"Well, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, because the Albany Central team won't be here all night." Mickie said.
"I don't think I've ever seen anyone that handsome. Just look at their muscles! You can actually see them! Why can't Brooklyn have boys like that?" Olivia said, hearts forming in all of our eyes.
"I'm moving to Albany!" I exclaimed, with sarcasm in my tone.

The referee threw up the ball and Brooklyn got the jump. The players ran to our basket. Tony, the point guard, shouted out a play, and the guys all ran to different spots. He threw a chest pass to Drew, who was playing as a guard. Drew did a quick shot fake a dribbled past his defense. He shot the basketball into the hoop with a strong follow through. Two Albany Central players threw the ball in from out of bounds, while the rest of the players sprinted to the other end of the court. The only noise in the gymnasium was the sound of shoes squeaking on the gym floor, players communicating, people cheering, and coaches yelling. It was quieter up where we were sitting.

At halftime, the score was twenty-seven to fifteen. Brooklyn was winning.
"Lets go walk around." I suggested, standing up to stretch.
"Okay, and besides, I need some candy." Olivia said. Bethany and Mickie followed us. Once we got to the main area. We walked in a horizontal row, so we were all side by side. Olivia walked up to the concessions stand, while Mickey, Bethany, and I sat down at a table. We watched as a guy from Albany Central stepped up behind Olivia in line. I started to smile, thinking about what would happen next.
"Hi, can I get four packs of peanut butter M&Ms and a cherry slushy?" Olivia asked the lady at the counter.
"Sure, that will be six dollars all together, please," the lady said. She handed Olivia four packs of M&Ms. Then, she filled a plastic cup with cherry slush, and handed it to Olivia. I could tell that Olivia was struggling to hold it all as she walked away. She only got a couple steps, before tripping over the bottom of a post, that signaled where to get food. I gasped as I saw her fall. The guy who was behind her grabbed her arm gently and helped her stand up. They stepped out of the line, and her eyes started to get a little watery. Her slushy was all over her clothes.
"Are you okay?" I heard him ask, looking into her eyes.
She tucked a soft strand of hair behind her ear, before looking up, "Um, yeah. Thanks for helping me up." They both bent down to pick up the mess. She threw the sticky, slushy cup away.
He picked up the soggy M&M packets and asked, "Do you want to throw these away, too?"
She nodded, "Well so much for a slushy and M&Ms." He reached for some napkins on the counter, and handed some to her, so they could clean up the slush on the floor.
"Thanks for helping." Olivia said to him, throwing a handful of soggy napkins away.
"No problem," he said, turning towards the men's restroom to wash his hands. Olivia walked towards the woman's restroom to wash her hands as well.

When Olivia came out of the restrooms, she walked to the table and sat down.
"Olivia, did you think he was cute? It looked like he was totally checking you out." I mentioned.
"Well, he was kind of cute. I guess I didn't really pay any attention." Olivia responded.
"You should go talk to him." Mickie suggested, motioning to the concessions line, where he was now standing.
"No way!" Olivia said.