She Susan java mask Begs

Author's note: I was inspired to write this book because I wanted teenagers to know that they can still be a...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to write this book because I wanted teenagers to know that they can still be a Christian amongst all society. This describes how you can be true to yourself and true to God wherever you go.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

~Bethany Brown~

After the bell rang, the hallway was full of teenagers talking, and lockers opening and shutting. Everyone was so glad that it was Friday, and school had just ended. I threw all my stuff in my backpack, and went to meet Mickie at her locker.
"Hey, Mickie!" I exclaimed.
"Hey, Bethany! Did you know we are all going to the game?" Mickie said.
"No, I didn't know that. Who's playing?"
"Albany Central is coming here to play."
"Oh, cool."
"Let's go to Olivia's locker." Mickie suggested, shutting her locker.
"I'm so glad we have Monday off. We'll have a three day weekend." I said.
"Oh yeah, I forgot that we had Monday off." Mickie responded.

When we arrived at Olivia's locker, she wasn't there. She couldn't be in Mrs. Benson's room still.
"Maybe she is at Stella's locker." I suggested. Mickie and I ventured towards the other end of the hallway. When we got closer to Stella's locker, we saw her gathering up her things, so she could put them in her backpack. Olivia was leaning on the locker next to Stella's. When Stella shut her locker, she turned around to see Mickie and I getting closer.
"Hey, girls! I assume you guys know about the game tonight?" Stella said.
"Yep!" Mickie and I said at the same time. We jinxed each other, and of course, I won, so she owes me a soda.
"Mickie, did you call your mom yet?" Stella asked.
"No, but I'll call her now." Mickie replied, getting out her phone.
"I still have to text my mom." I said, tapping the 'messages' app on my iPhone.
"I emailed my mom in English, and she said I can go straight to your house." Olivia said.
"Great! Did your mom respond, Bethany?" Stella said.
I replied, "Yes, she said it's fine."
"My mom said it was okay, too." Mickie said, tapping the 'end call' button on her phone.
"Alright, well let's go. Do you guys just want to drive to my house, or would you rather just all come in my car and we can pick up your cars later?"
"I'll drive to your house." Mickie said.
"My car is in the shop, so could I just ride with you, Stella?" Olivia asked.
"Yeah, of course." Stella replied.
"I can drive to your house, too." I said.
"Okay meet you guys there." Stella said, opening the school doors.
"Bye." I said, waving to Stella and Olivia as they headed for Stella's car. Mickie and I walked to our cars in silence. We parked fairly close to each other. I put my black, fuzzy hat on, before shoving my hands into my pockets. The bitter cold was bone chilling. I waved to Mickie before getting in my car. As soon as the ignition turned on, I flipped my heated seat on. Once the car was actually warm, I backed out of the parking lot. On my way to Stella's house, I stopped by my parents's coffee shop. Along the back wall of the coffee shop, was a drive thru. I put my car in 'park' once I got to the window.
My mom slid the window open, "Hey, hon. What kind of drink are you going to have?"
"Hey, mom! I'm just on my way to Stella's and decided to stop and get a drink. Can I get a medium sugar free white chocolate, caramel latte with two shots for Mickie, a large snickers latte with two shots for Stella, a large root beer Italian cream soda for Olivia, and a large dirty chai with two shots for Me?" I said.
"I better get started then. How was school," she responded.
"Good, I'm sure glad it's Friday!" I replied.
"Hey, I'm going to shut this window, because I have to froth more milk, and it will be loud," she replied, closing the window.

A couple minutes later, I heard the window slide open, and I rolled my car window down.
"Here are your drinks. I put their your names on the lids, so you know which drink is which." My mom said, handing a cardboard drink carrier out the window.
"Thanks mom." I replied, putting the drink carrier on the seat next to me.
"Bye Bethany. I love you," she said.
"Bye Mom. I love you, too." I replied, driving away.

By the time I got to Stella's house, they were all wondering what took me so long. When they saw the drink carrier in my hand, they knew where I went.
"My mom said your names are on the lids. Stella, I got you a snickers latte with two shots. Olivia, I got you a root beer Italian cream soda. Mickie, I got you a sugar free white chocolate, caramel latte with two shots. For me, I got a dirty chai with two shots."
"Thanks, Bethany!" Olivia, Stella, and Mickie said at the same time. They all jinxed each other before they burst out laughing. I couldn't help but laugh, either.

It was 4:07 p.m and we were already getting ready for the game. Stella's parents would be home from work in about half an hour. Stella plugged in the straightener, the curler, the rollers, and the crimper.
"Stella can I borrow one of your shirts and a pair of jeans?" I asked.
"Sure, help yourself." Stella replied, motioning to the closet.
I picked out a nice, blue long-sleeve shirt. Stella's scarves were white, black, yellow, red, and pink. Since it would match better, I decided to wear the white scarf. I picked out a pair of brown flats to wear with my outfit. Olivia was going to wear a black long-sleeve shirt with a pink scarf, and jeans. She too, was going to wear flats, but they would be black. Mickie was planning on wearing a white short-sleeve shirt with a black scarf, and jeans. She was going to wear black boots with her outfit. Stella was going to wear jeans and a pink short-sleeve shirt with a black scarf. She was going to wear silver, sparkly boots.
"I'm going to turn on some music, if that's okay." Stella said. The radio was playing, "We Are Never Getting Back Together," by Taylor Swift. A couple minutes later, we were all singing to the top of our lungs,

"We are never ever ever getting back together
We are never ever ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends talk
To my friends, talk to me
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together

We, oooh, oooh, not back together, we
Oh, getting back together

You go talk to your friends talk
To my friends, talk to me
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together."

When the song ended, we all started to do our hair and make up. I was going to use the rollers on my hair. Stella was going to crimp her hair. Mickie was going to use the curler on her hair. Olivia was going to straighten her hair. While the rollers were in my hair, I decided to put on some make up before I took them out. After I applied the BareMinerals blush to my face, I put on some mascara. Stella, Mickie, and Olivia all did the same, once I was done. My favorite part about putting rollers in hair, is that when I take them out, my curls just keep bouncing in a perfect spiral. I applied some shiny, pink lip gloss to my lips, before stepping back to look at myself in the full length mirror. Stella, Mickie, and Olivia were all ready, too. It was 5:28 p.m, and we were just getting ready to leave for the game, when, "What Makes You Beautiful," by One Direction came out of the iHome. Again, we sang so loud,

"You're insecure
Don't know what for
You're turning heads when you walk through the door
Don't need make-up
To cover up
Being the way that you are is enough

Everyone else in the room can see it
Everyone else but you-ou-ou

Baby you light up my world like nobody else
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell
You don't know (oh,oh)
You don't know your beautiful!
If only you saw what I can see
You'd understand why I want you so desperately
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe
You don't know (oh,oh)
You don't know your beautiful!
(oh,oh)
That's what makes you beautiful..."

"Oh, I love that song!" I exclaimed.
"Me too!" Mickie said, smiling. Stella and Olivia nodded.
"Alright, let's go!" Stella said, opening the door.

When the car finally warmed up, I turned the passengers heated seat on. Stella was driving, and Olivia and Mickie were in the back.
"We should get fish tacos from Rubio's now." I suggested.
"Yeah we should, because that sounds so good."Stella replied, turning in the direction of Rubio's. I turned the radio up to see if a good song was on. The radio was playing "Just The Way You Are," by Bruno Mars,

"Oh her eyes her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair her hair falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful
And I tell her everyday

Yeah I know I know
When I compliment her
She won't believe me
And it's so, it's so
Sad to think that she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me, "Do I look okay?"
I'll say...

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause your amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are..."