For A Teen Girl

Author's note: As a teenage girl in high school, things that I experienced during my first 2 1/2 years inspired...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: As a teenage girl in high school, things that I experienced during my first 2 1/2 years inspired poetry to flow out of me. I hope to inspire other teenage girls to find confidence within themselves to be who God has allowed them to be. Don't be afraid to be who your are. Keep that tiara high.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 30 31 32

Conclusion ( A Word To Readers)

Conclusion

Sometimes I sit and ask myself what is life. I wonder why it is so short. Why is it so hard? Why it so fairly unfair? Then I ask myself why do people take life for granted? Why do people continuously do things like a bible doesn't exist? Then I ask myself why did I make so many sophomoric mistakes when I was younger? I ask myself how I could not know what I was getting myself into. And then I realized as you age, you gain wisdom. You gain knowledge. You gain power. You rid yourself of people who hurt you and those old "best friends" who befriend you and have a tendency to disappear out of your life quicker than your child hood. Those best friends who promised to keep in touch, but fail to ever reach out to you in your worst times & heartaches. You rid yourself of all the old mistakes and gain lessons and morals. You gain a strong relationship with God and ask him for guidance with every step & decision you make. You take time to get yourself together emotionally & physical to improve your mental stability and physical endurance.
As a kid I used to wonder why people were so cruel and mean to me. I was a nice kid and I had no clue why I had so many enemies. They used to call me geek and nerd and I used to be ashamed. I didn't like that title. I wanted to fit it. I was ashamed of being smarter than what I should. Today I realize that the title nerd and geek are the greatest names that a person could label you as. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I like being knowledgeable because knowledge = power. And without power and clairvoyance, you won't make it anywhere in life. You won't be able to make decisions, stand up for yourself, obtain a job, and do many other essential tasks.
When I was in middle school I used to hate getting called chubby and stuff like that... Kids were harsh and mean. I didn't want to have friends or anything like that. Then I got into band and art. I loved it and those classes made me feel as if I was of some importance. I loved practicing and sketching things everywhere.... On my desk to any scratch sheet of paper I had. I loved practicing for hours. I felt great because I could play music so easily... Then people started calling me band geek and other things... I didn't like it...
In my first year of high school, I learned that you have to put forth a lot of effort to make and keep good grades. I learned that you have to surround yourself with people who love and care about you. You have to be CONFIDENT no matter how people judge and gawk. No matter how rude people are. My first year of high school band I was nervous and I hated coming into the band hall because I felt... ostracized. I was terrified of the older kids and I never knew how to approach them... Then band camp came. I was excited. It was hard learning how to march but then I caught on. Band camp was fun... I finally felt as if I belonged.
This year is my junior year. I've gained wisdom, stability, guidance, confidence, and many other vital factors... I'm not scared of holding conversation anymore. I'm not scared of being myself because I know I have friends who love me for who I am. I'm not scared to be the nerd, or the band geek, or the chubby kid that I once was and I still am today. What is life? I think I've started to figure out what it is. I still may be in chapter 17 of my life but I've gained so much knowledge and wisdom to get me into the other chapters. My book of life is still at the beginning, but my reality is far from it.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 30 31 32