DREW and COREY EP.1- PILOT

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next »

PRE SCENE

(COREY SIMMONS steps into a spotlight center stage at his high school. He looks out at the empty crowd and sighs.)
COREY-(Voiceover) My name, is Corey Simmons. What you’re looking at is my last stand. A few days from now, I will perform on this stage one last time before I graduate.
(DREW DEEDS sits into frame. He is sitting in an office chair. He has headphones on while bobbing his head. He pulls two pencils from a cup on a desk in front of him and begins to tap the surface of the table to create a rhythm.)
DREW-I’m Drew Deeds, a Junior in High School. There’s nothing too special about me. I like music, like…a lot. It’s my life. I’m actually showcasing my talents in the music world in a few days at the talent show.
COREY-I did what I could in high school, but my heart was set in the theatre. I did every show I could and belted every song I sang. I preferred comedies over any type of tragedies.
DREW-Hip hop’s where it’s at. Songs that pounded my heart with bass and lyrics that made me think, that’s the kind of music I live and love.
COREY-I’m gonna miss it. The laughter, the eyes, the support…
DREW-I’ll take it to my grave. I am nothing without my music…
BOTH-Nothing will stop me from doing my best!